PDA

View Full Version : Cfl opening kickoff ???

Rocket
09-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Shouldn't the cfl have a kickoff show like the nfl with musical acts and everything to when they open up there season? I think they should have a bigger celebration to when they open up the season you can even tie it in with Canada day considering that the cfl season usually starts on that date!

ArgoRavi
09-06-2013, 12:27 AM
Shouldn't the cfl have a kickoff show like the nfl with musical acts and everything to when they open up there season? I think they should have a bigger celebration to when they open up the season you can even tie it in with Canada day considering that the cfl season usually starts on that date!

No, I hope that the CFL doesn't ever do that. The only thing I want to see on opening night is the opening kickoff and the actual football. I don't need to see 10 musical acts on top of that trying to convince me that this is the biggest event in world history.

294life
09-06-2013, 04:58 PM
No, I hope that the CFL doesn't ever do that. The only thing I want to see on opening night is the opening kickoff and the actual football. I don't need to see 10 musical acts on top of that trying to convince me that this is the biggest event in world history.

I agree. Let's keep it 'frills-free' up here.

ArgoGabe22
09-06-2013, 05:06 PM

The NFL is so glitzy these days that the things off of the field is now more important than the actual game. All I want to is watch football, even the Argos in game promotions like the Desjardin blitz is starting to get to me. No Build a Baconater this year I see lol

1argoholic
09-06-2013, 08:19 PM
Let's face it if it's an American production that it'll be over the top/ overkill. We don't need everything to be crazy in your face BS. Americans live for that load of bunk.

Argo57
09-06-2013, 10:54 PM
CFL football is a better more entertaining game IMO, the game stands on its own merits!

argos1873
09-06-2013, 11:00 PM
I'm anti-NFL everything, but I don't see how a bit of promotion on Kick-off weekend, which by the way should be on Canada Day, or at least the Canada Day weekend, is a bad thing. It doesn't have to be over the top, but a little fanfare is always nice. ONE opening act, a little bit of hoopla and a Snowbird or CF-18 flyby would be apropos.

jerrym
09-06-2013, 11:06 PM
I'm anti-NFL everything, but I don't see how a bit of promotion on Kick-off weekend, which by the way should be on Canada Day, or at least the Canada Day weekend, is a bad thing. It doesn't have to be over the top, but a little fanfare is always nice. ONE opening act, a little bit of hoopla and a Snowbird or CF-18 flyby would be apropos.

I feel that a little bit of hoopla to open the season would be a like a little icing on the cake for many CFL game-starved fans. As long as the icing is not layered on too thick and is not served up with every meal (game), it can provide a little more zing.

argos1873
09-06-2013, 11:18 PM
Oh and I'm going to suggest something that will piss a lot of people off, I know. But how about have every opening game in Regina, or 2nd choice Hamilton. Kind of like how at one time every opening MLB game used to be in Cincinnati. Or at least that's how I remember it. Make it a tradition, and have a little fanfare with it. I really don't think it could hurt, besides all the jealous types who wonder why they picked Regina or Hamilton. But whatever city they pick, even if it isn't 1 of those 2, they have to stick with it, no matter what. That's how traditions are built.

Rocket
09-07-2013, 12:42 AM
[QUOTE=argos1873;36478]I'm anti-NFL everything, but I don't see how a bit of promotion on Kick-off weekend, which by the way should be on Canada Day, or at least the Canada Day weekend, is a bad thing. It doesn't have to be over the top, but a little fanfare is always nice. ONE opening act, a little bit of hoopla and a Snowbird or CF-18 flyby would be apropos.[/QUOTE

Yeah I would have to agree with you on this one! That a little hype would be good for the cfl doesn't have to be over the top as the nfl but something where it can get the whole family involved with an event like it. Saskatchewan would be a good spot to maybe try something!

matchuk
09-07-2013, 09:54 AM
i would like to see some more hype for opening weekend for sure, but as far as the joke of an opening they do for nfl, im not interested

7dj83r8f78t4alf8