PDA

View Full Version : Buck Pierce traded

Wobbler
09-08-2013, 10:14 PM
This sounds like a wise deal for both teams. It wouldn't have been easy for Buck to settle into a mentoring/short yardage role with Winnipeg, but with BC he's a returning hero who no one will expect to compete for the starting job. Akeem Foster isn't a major asset, but he's something.

ArgoRavi
09-08-2013, 11:06 PM
Wally thought that Buck was too injured to continue with the Lions three years ago but, after several more concussions and other injuries, he is willing to take him back? That makes no sense. Winnipeg should be thrilled to get anything back for the vastly overrated Buck.

argolio
09-09-2013, 12:26 AM
Nice job by the Bombers getting something for a player that would not be returning next year.

D-Gap-Willie
09-09-2013, 02:20 AM
At last the Bombers get rid of the shadow of Buck Pierce, their saviour. I truly don't understand the interest by the Lions, but perhaps we will see when it's third and one.

Will
09-09-2013, 09:29 AM
The Lions released Joey Elliott on Thursday, which I guess prompted this move.

matchuk
09-09-2013, 04:31 PM
Wally thought that Buck was too injured to continue with the Lions three years ago but, after several more concussions and other injuries, he is willing to take him back? That makes no sense. Winnipeg should be thrilled to get anything back for the vastly overrated Buck.

i was surprised too...wondering why bc would want him back

jerrym
09-11-2013, 08:58 PM
Considering Wally's track record, I am loathe to criticize him, but considering Pierce's track record with regard to concussions, I can't see this working out.

Rids
09-13-2013, 12:45 PM
Not like Buck will be pressed into service. There's an established starter in BC and DeMarco isn't ready this year to start but probably would be next year if needed.

Akeem Foster was on the outs there in BC and was at the end of his deal. Rather than lose him for nothing they get a half year rental of an experienced QB that gives them a better shot in November than a raw rook.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8