PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody explain to me what happened on last penalty?

Will
09-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Alonzo Lawrence intercepts the ball and there is a flag thrown on the side of the field where Pat Watkins is playing. The referee then proceeds to announce "After the interception, face mask, Montreal number 25, Toronto ball at the 25 back half the distance to the goal." But, yet the Argos scrimmaged from their 40. Montreal doesn't even have a #25 on their team and the Argos got 15 yards instead of losing 15. I'm confused.

1argoholic
09-09-2013, 12:46 PM
A Montreal reciever must have gotten all sucky and grabbed Watkins facemask getting the penalty. The ref just screwed things up. I thought, oh no here we go but it was on Montreal.

ArgoRavi
09-09-2013, 04:03 PM
A Montreal reciever must have gotten all sucky and grabbed Watkins facemask getting the penalty. The ref just screwed things up. I thought, oh no here we go but it was on Montreal.

I was originally worried that the Argos were going to get flagged for illegal contact on a receiver so it was a huge relief to find out otherwise.

Will
09-09-2013, 07:07 PM
I was originally worried that the Argos were going to get flagged for illegal contact on a receiver so it was a huge relief to find out otherwise.

Mulder, T-Bone and I were pretty nervous in our seats as well. It would have made what wasn't a great day for Watkins worse.

ArgoGabe22
09-09-2013, 07:31 PM
Mulder, T-Bone and I were pretty nervous in our seats as well. It would have made what wasn't a great day for Watkins worse.

The commentators didn't make it clear either. All they said was that Watkins doesn't look happy and I'm thinking oh great they'll get another chance.

gilthethrill
09-09-2013, 07:38 PM
I just watched it again on PVR....no real notice from the broadcast crew. Odd indeed.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8