View Full Version : NO more Grey Cups in T.O

Ballstothewall
09-10-2013, 02:53 PM
Once Grass gets installed in the Dome. Rogers have stated that no other events will be allowed at the Dome, other then baseball. so my question would be, does this mean the end of Grey Cups in T.O. even if we move to BMO, there is no way you can fit even 45,000 at BMO. Will Rogers allow 1 game to be played at the Dome. i don:t think so

AngeloV
09-10-2013, 03:05 PM
Actually, no other events during the baseball season other than baseball. They will be able to accomodate a Grey Cup or Bills game in November.

paulwoods13
09-10-2013, 03:10 PM
Yes, and since the Bills series is likely to continue, there's every reason to believe the Grey Cup and even the Eastern Final could be played in RC once grass gets installed.

argonaut11xx
09-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Rogers are a bunch of "money grubbing S.O.B's"...does anyone really think they will leave money on the table...just so the "Blow Jays" can play on a pristine field?

ummmm....NO...

see these "money handlers" who run the jays will still want to maximize revenue's at the dome....so concerts, games, etc will happen.

They just want ANYONE OUT, who isnt directly tied to the "rogers revenue stream"....thats all....

tc23
09-10-2013, 04:10 PM
Looks like the NFL will never come now, can't play football in August, Sept, when the jays are playing, LMAO. What the hell is Rogers thinking !! In addition, all that Rogers Centre can be used for is baseball for 6 months, LOL What a JOKE !!

dmont
09-10-2013, 04:24 PM
Looks like the NFL will never come now, can't play football in August, Sept, when the jays are playing, LMAO. What the hell is Rogers thinking !! In addition, all that Rogers Centre can be used for is baseball for 6 months, LOL What a JOKE !! One way it could still happen is if Rogers built a new stadium somewhere for the Blue Jays and renovated the Skydome for their NFL team. Need a roof for the NFL team, don't need a roof for the baseball team. Either that or a successful Olympic bid is the only way I see the NFL moving to Toronto permanently.

D-Gap-Willie
09-11-2013, 03:09 AM
One way it could still happen is if Rogers built a new stadium somewhere for the Blue Jays and renovated the Skydome for their NFL team. Need a roof for the NFL team, don't need a roof for the baseball team. Either that or a successful Olympic bid is the only way I see the NFL moving to Toronto permanently.
The NFL has no interest in being in Toronto. There is absolutely no upside for the NFL and their owners to being in Toronto.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8