PDA

View Full Version : Made my Weekend

bluto
02-11-2012, 11:30 AM
Alex Brink @AlexBrink10
This---> RT @dbeasley20: 3 1/2 months away before im back in
#swaggerville we got some unfinished business fellas

:p

he was right to re-sign in Winterpeg... the guy fits right in!

argolio
02-11-2012, 02:43 PM
And the pressure is on them already! Though I wouldn't be very happy if they finally finished the business on our turf in the 100th Grey Cup.

R.J
02-11-2012, 02:52 PM
:p

he was right to re-sign in Winterpeg... the guy fits right in!
Saw his tweet last night, glad he signed in the 'Peg. Have to ask though, is there a bit of jealously, on the Bombers board and even here most people continually wanted to bring Brink in.

bluto
02-11-2012, 03:05 PM
it's the "unfinished business" thing that's funny. that was the theme of their season 10 years ago after making it to the Grey Cup and losing... so the next year, all of their press releases, media guides and marketing revolved around their "unfinished business"... so they are now on year 10 of that plan... lol

i'd have liked Brink in here as our #2 as i don't feel confident having BJ Hall there yet in the event of Ricky Ray needing to spend any time on the sidelines (Heaven forfend!)... so i think that "jealous" is a strong word... but i admit to having coveted Brink as a #2.

i think that after Ray lights it up this year though, 7 other teams will be jealous of us.

paulwoods13
02-11-2012, 03:14 PM
My favourite post was on cfl.ca, where a guy wrote: "IF Fantuz were to ever don the BluenGold we'd be securing a key piece for another Cup run." To which I have to ask, You mean to add to the last Cup run, in 1990?

R.J
02-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Should also bring up the terms of the contracts, Buck is signed for 3 years, Elliot only signed for 1, Brinks deal is reported to be 2 or 3, Goltz and Summers are locked up for another year.

Area 51
02-11-2012, 05:55 PM
When it comes to the QB position I'll take quality over quantity every time.

bluto
02-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Should also bring up the terms of the contracts, Buck is signed for 3 years, Elliot only signed for 1, Brinks deal is reported to be 2 or 3, Goltz and Summers are locked up for another year.

that may be a shrewd move. having all 3 contracts expire in the same offseason is asking for trouble.

R.J
02-12-2012, 12:51 PM
When it comes to the QB position I'll take quality over quantity every time.All the Argos have is Ray, Winnipeg is actually trying to develop QB's, Something the Argos haven't done since Theismann. Ray is the Argos MO, trade for other peoples Qb's, to have 1 good QB doesn't mean the Argos have quality, what if Ray gets injured what then ?

AngeloV
02-12-2012, 02:49 PM
I was really hoping the Argos would take a run at Brink, but from his perspective, his chances of getting playing time are a lot better in Winnipeg, than they would be playing behind Ray. Sadly Jarius Jackson may be the last available QB with game experience.

argolio
02-13-2012, 12:33 AM
what if Ray gets injured what then ?We're probably screwed, but then so is any team if they have an elite QB and he goes down. Unless you get lucky with your backup, the drop off is going to be big.

zontar
02-13-2012, 05:38 AM
The one constant in the current Bummer regime is the lack lustre play of their O-line. Two Hall of Fame hits on Pierce last year should have been a screeching alarm bell to stop screwing around and make QB protection their no. priority.
Yet there doesnt seem to be a whole lot of urgency (again) so look for the Bummers to field three QBs over the course of the season and combined with having to conform to a new OC's system the success and luck they enjoyed last year is far from assured.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8