PDA

View Full Version : Former CIS player files suit over head injury

ArgoRavi
09-11-2013, 01:14 AM
This could be quite a significant case in regards to how concussions are handled in Canadian football: http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cfl-55-yard-line/kevin-kwasny-brain-damage-lawsuit-against-bishop-could-213547781.html

D-Gap-Willie
09-11-2013, 02:05 AM
I applaud the publicity that head injuries are now getting in cases like this and the NFL settlement. The post-injury financial settlements are necessary, but should take a back seat to a vastly increased awareness of the problem in all levels of sport. Head injuries in professional and college/university sports are now, by and large, being treated with great caution, and we can only hope that this increased awareness and care, will result in a large scale reduction of permanent brain damage.
My concern is that the same awareness and care will be shown in all sports activities. I have seen, as I am sure many others on this board have seen, many severe head injuries in amateur football, hockey, rugby and even basketball, baseball, soccer and flag football. Perhaps it is time for all referees/umpires to be required to ban a player from further participation, when a player experiences any head injury.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8