PDA

View Full Version : Touchdown Atlantic Not Sold Out

LLB997
09-14-2013, 04:24 AM
Seems that the upcoming Touchdown Atlantic featuring the Als vs. Ticats has not sold out. With 1500 tix remaining and 2 weeks to go i imagine it will be a capacity crowd. But of the note is the fact that this game has only 16 thou seats avail ( 4 thou short of the last 2 TDA's). Is this a sign that the Maritimes is not ready for a CFL club or is it a case simular to the Bills In Toronto "it's not sold out because its not a TO team."

http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/empty-seats-loom-large-at-cfl-game-in-moncton-1.1447193

Argo57
09-14-2013, 06:58 AM
Seems that the upcoming Touchdown Atlantic featuring the Als vs. Ticats has not sold out. With 1500 tix remaining and 2 weeks to go i imagine it will be a capacity crowd. But of the note is the fact that this game has only 16 thou seats avail ( 4 thou short of the last 2 TDA's). Is this a sign that the Maritimes is not ready for a CFL club or is it a case simular to the Bills In Toronto "it's not sold out because its not a TO team."

http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/empty-seats-loom-large-at-cfl-game-in-moncton-1.1447193

If our defending "World Champion" Toronto Argonauts were there it would already be sold out!!!!

Will
09-14-2013, 08:37 AM
Last year's game (or two years ago) failed to sellout as well.

Argo57
09-14-2013, 09:18 AM
Makes you wonder about an expansion team in that region, perhaps simply a case of the fan base having no ties to either team, but you would also think they would want to sell out quickly to send a message to the league about a future team.
I think a franchise in Quebec City would be viable as well.

294life
09-14-2013, 09:24 AM
If our defending "World Champion" Toronto Argonauts were there it would already be sold out!!!!

They should start calling Grey Cup winners 'World Champions of Canadian Football'.

Argo57
09-14-2013, 11:19 AM
They should start calling Grey Cup winners 'World Champions of Canadian Football'.

I always get a laugh when the Americans call the Superbowl winner "World Champions" so I figure we should do the same, after all our game is better!!

Cordo
09-14-2013, 11:33 AM
Don't know if it says anything because at the end of the day none of these teams are Moncton's team. Until you put a team there, you don't really know how they will do attendance wise. These games played in neutral sites don't seem to have lots of staying power. You do it once, it's a novelty. When you start doing to regularly, it loses appeal quickly because the people who host these games aren't tied to any of the teams. Why should they care about Hamilton or Montreal?

294life
09-14-2013, 12:31 PM
The prices are not exactly a gimme either. I have the second cheapest ticket at 80 dollars.

Argo57
09-14-2013, 01:00 PM
The prices are not exactly a gimme either. I have the second cheapest ticket at 80 dollars.

Partially could be the league testing the waters price wise, $80.00 is steep!!

KCargosfan
09-14-2013, 04:05 PM

Ding, ding. Price elasticity here. Lower prices to more reasonable numbers and you'll have greater demand.

Gill The Thrill
09-15-2013, 12:57 AM
Partially could be the league testing the waters price wise, $80.00 is steep!!

As usual they overprice the neutral site game...sounds like the Bills series..anyways, I'd much prefer Halifax get the team in Atlantic Canada, making the league truly one from sea to shining sea.

Tau Ceti
09-16-2013, 01:12 PM
There's a couple of absolutely massive threads on the potential for CFL in the Maritimes over at the Skyscraper forum and I was struck when reading by the petty rivalry between Halifax and Moncton residents. Apparently there's a massive chunk of people in Halifax that won't support Moncton in their CFL aspirations because, it seems, they want their city acknowledged as the dominant one in the region. Without support from Haligonians it's pretty difficult for Moncton to sell out the Touchdown Atlantic games -- about 1 in 7 metro residents need to attend.

doubleblue
09-19-2013, 11:13 AM
There's a couple of absolutely massive threads on the potential for CFL in the Maritimes over at the Skyscraper forum and I was struck when reading by the petty rivalry between Halifax and Moncton residents. Apparently there's a massive chunk of people in Halifax that won't support Moncton in their CFL aspirations because, it seems, they want their city acknowledged as the dominant one in the region. Without support from Haligonians it's pretty difficult for Moncton to sell out the Touchdown Atlantic games -- about 1 in 7 metro residents need to attend. Should we be surprised that Halifax and Moncton people don't like each other. It is the same all over. Small towns of 1200 or so 5 or 6 miles apart have people that hate each other, especially those involved in Sports. There will always be a bunch of Jealous Hateful Headstrong Childish people where ever you go that will always try and throw a wrench into everything that doesn't go their way.

Tau Ceti
09-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Anyway know the final attendance numbers for this? I didn't catch any of it.

edit. Never mind, the CFL has it: 15,123. I believe this is about 500 short of sell out.

Will
09-22-2013, 01:00 PM
According to CFL.ca the attendance was 15,123.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8