PDA

View Full Version : 23 years since this...

Will
09-20-2013, 08:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvsotFOykCk

70-18

Mulder
09-20-2013, 09:05 AM
Funny enough, we finished off that season by playing the Rough( )Riders 4 times in a row before the playoff game to the bombers

1argoholic
09-20-2013, 12:18 PM
Few things I noticed Matt head to head with the db. That was Matt. After the Boyd score Rick (where are you now) with the cowbell. Then Scott Johnson (Jonnie) later with the flag. Where are you now?

AngeloV
09-20-2013, 01:12 PM
IIRC, there was some issues with the seams around the baseball base cutouts prior to that game, and the actual playing of the game that night was in doubt. I remember seeing Mike McCarthy walking around the areas with CFL officials checking the spots out.

Will
09-20-2013, 01:36 PM
You are correct Angelo, I'm not sure if they discuss it in part 1 of Paul's video, but I know they touch upon it in one of the other parts. One of the biggest critics of the turf issues that night was Darrell K. Smith IIRC from the article in the Toronto Star the next day. I think this was prior to the game, but Smith ended up having a monster game.

ArgoRavi
09-20-2013, 04:54 PM
Another thing I remember about that game was that a promising Canadian running back named Gerry Ifill had his career ended that night when IIRC he tried to get into the endzone and ended up breaking his ankle horribly. I believe that play is edited out of ESPN Classics' broadcast of that game. That was a Thursday night game from what I recall.

1argoholic
09-20-2013, 11:21 PM
That injury was shown on the Jumbotron and it was as nasty as it gets.Theisman like for sure.

doubleblue
09-21-2013, 06:06 PM
Good memories. It's a shame Dunnigan was let go as a FA, he should have finished his career with the Argos. Still love those uniforms better than the current ones.

Will
09-21-2013, 11:54 PM
Another thing I remember about that game was that a promising Canadian running back named Gerry Ifill had his career ended that night when IIRC he tried to get into the endzone and ended up breaking his ankle horribly. I believe that play is edited out of ESPN Classics' broadcast of that game. That was a Thursday night game from what I recall.

I'm thinking that it may have been included in their broadcast of the game at one point because I do remember this injury from the first time I saw the game on ESPN Classic.

argos1873
09-24-2013, 12:38 PM
Good memories. It's a shame Dunnigan was let go as a FA, he should have finished his career with the Argos. Still love those uniforms better than the current ones.

The uniforms are decent but that "Argos" logo is horrid.

I remember being quite disappointed when Dunnigan was allowed to leave.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8