PDA

View Full Version : Brag about your Football injuries, here.

Midnight Blue
09-20-2013, 08:36 AM
For me it was in Grade Six Public School. Reached out for a pass and actually caught it,

and got a break in my baby finger on my left hand.

A small price to pay. And I fully recovered.

Ka' Pla !

Midnight Blue
09-22-2013, 07:12 PM
Oh come on, am I the only member of this forum who's ever had a Football injury?

Sure, it was in grade six (didn't play in highschool on the team - though invited by the coach, since he sensed my mental toughness - had to work after school), and yes it was minor, but extra points go out to those with significant (or especially insignificant) injuries. May as well brag about them.

Ka' Pla !

Tau Ceti
09-22-2013, 08:17 PM
It's not quite a football injury but I got punched in the face playing rugby and broke my nose. I was down on the ground too. Vicious move.

Argo57
09-22-2013, 08:42 PM
Oh come on, am I the only member of this forum who's ever had a Football injury?

Sure, it was in grade six (didn't play in highschool on the team - though invited by the coach, since he sensed my mental toughness - had to work after school), and yes it was minor, but extra points go out to those with significant (or especially insignificant) injuries. May as well brag about them.

Ka' Pla !

As a legendary back up offensive guard/defensive end roids were an issue from sitting on that cold bench, now that's mental toughness Midnight!!!!!!

Midnight Blue
09-22-2013, 09:15 PM
That's the stuff !

Getting punched in the nose (of course Rugby counts, it's the origin of Football, played without wimpy helmets), and getting roids on the bench are both impressive Football injuries. Now both of the above in the same game would be truly impressive! So yes, double injuries will especially count here, and get you extra points!

Ka' Pla !

EDIT : In case anyone is wondering how points will be awarded on this thread, it has come to my attention, that since we have at least, oh, I don't know, 12-17 Moderators on this forum, as well as Owners and Administrators, then perhaps this will give them something to do, in case they ever get bored. And the scoring will fair, with no playing favourites.

Cheers !

1argoholic
09-23-2013, 07:03 PM
Mine was while playing a touch game in highschool. I made a great grab and as I was falling on a rough part of the field my knee came up and bashed my nose real good. Held onto the ball as I hit the grass with my nose bleeding like a swine. Played hockey and ran cross country and track in highschool. No football as I could never get my mom to sign the release.

ArgoGabe22
09-23-2013, 07:17 PM
Someone ran into my leg and broke and my ankle while I was making a block. It was the final game of Grade 12 football so I had to come back for an extra semester of Grade 13 just to play football. Can't finish my career with a broken ankle.

Midnight Blue
09-24-2013, 01:07 AM
Now we're rolling !

Impressive injuries by 1argoholic, and especially by ArgoBabe22 !

Coming back for another year because of personal pride?

It doesn't get any better than that !

Ka' Pla !

Midnight Blue
09-24-2013, 01:24 AM
I just want to add, that while my grade six injury was obviously "touch" Football, several years earlier, during a Ukrainian Youth Camp, we played "light" tackle Football, wearing only jock-straps. For protection. We also wore T-shirts, shorts, socks and running shoes, since Family Day on Sundays, demanded no less.

You had to "tackle", and fall down, to stop a play. If you "cranked" someone, you would get it back in return.

Fun times.

1argoholic
09-25-2013, 07:05 PM
The old UYC. hahaha.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8