PDA

View Full Version : Did Team 1050 broadcast the game?

argotom
09-21-2013, 10:49 PM
Wow, unbelievable game after watching it on TSN, I turned on the radio and much to my disgust the Leaf post game show. What the hell is that, the same thing we got rid of when we were treated like crap on Fan 590.

Deerkeeper
09-21-2013, 10:54 PM
Wow, unbelievable game after watching it on TSN, I turned on the radio and much to my disgust the Leaf post game show. What the hell is that, the same thing we got rid of when we were treated like crap on Fan 590.The game was on the internet on tsn.ca. This is Toronto. The Leafs will always rule.

Will
09-21-2013, 10:55 PM
The game was streamed online because of the Maple Leafs game. I wouldn't have been bothered by this if the Maple Leafs were actually playing in the regular season.

argotom
09-21-2013, 10:57 PM
It's a stupid exhibition game for the Maple Crappers.

argos1873
09-21-2013, 10:57 PM
Wow, unbelievable game after watching it on TSN, I turned on the radio and much to my disgust the Leaf post game show. What the hell is that, the same thing we got rid of when we were treated like crap on Fan 590.

I was in the car at the beginning of the game and tuned to 1050 and it was the Leafs game. I scanned through the AM band to see if there was an alternate station, and noticed 2 things. No alternate broadcast, and there aren't a lot of AM stations left. Funny 820 out of Hamilton is now also broadcasting Leaf games. I really wonder which executive at MLSE didn't see anything wrong with a 24/7 comedy station broadcasting Leaf games. As if the irony isn't thick enough to cut with a chainsaw.

argotom
09-21-2013, 11:01 PM
I was in the car at the beginning of the game and tuned to 1050 and it was the Leafs game. I scanned through the AM band to see if there was an alternate station, and noticed 2 things. No alternate broadcast, and there aren't a lot of AM stations left. Funny 820 out of Hamilton is now also broadcasting Leaf games. I really wonder which executive at MLSE didn't see anything wrong with a 24/7 comedy station broadcasting Leaf games. As if the irony isn't thick enough to cut with a chainsaw. I would love to see the actual radio numbers for both. There is no way anyone would listen to a X hockey game, not even the stupid Leaf fans.

LLB997
09-21-2013, 11:37 PM
I would love to see the actual radio numbers for both. There is no way anyone would listen to a X hockey game, not even the stupid Leaf fans. never underestimate the stupidity of Leafs fans.

argotom
09-22-2013, 12:09 PM
As good as TSN has been for the league on the TV side, this is nothing more than a step backwards on the radio side.

Argocister
09-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Yes I was quite sad that I couldn't listen to the game on the way home from a wedding ..... Thought I could catch the last half on the radio .... Through my phone ..... :angry:
I arrived home in time to see the last 2 minutes of the game and was quite pleased they won!
Thanx Argos ! And TSN .... Pmffft

Ps Is it an addiction when during a wedding you take photos then review the football scores for CIS and CFL?

Midnight Blue
09-22-2013, 03:09 PM
TSN V.O.D. (Video on demand) is an option if you can't catch the game live.

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=cfl-gamesondemand/latest/1/0/136910/video/583#cfl-gamesondemand/latest

You can do the wedding thing, then come home and start drinking all over again (if you want to).

Cheers !

flafson
09-22-2013, 03:28 PM

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=cfl-gamesondemand/latest/1/0/136910/video/583#cfl-gamesondemand/latest

You can do the wedding thing, then come home and start drinking all over again (if you want to).

Cheers !

They don't seem to work but i do like all the video clips TSN put up for the CFL, a lot more than what i find on Sportsnet.

Midnight Blue
09-22-2013, 03:45 PM
They don't seem to work but i do like all the video clips TSN put up for the CFL, a lot more than what i find on Sportsnet.

I caught the game earlier this afternoon (Sunday), but you may have a point about VOD. Not sure how soon after the game VOD is available, though I recall catching a Tues. or Thurs. game on VOD earlier this season, at around midnight.

Cheers !

EDIT : Also remember to scroll up the page, and turn up the computer volume, 'cus when the video begins, the page doesn't automatically scroll up.

Ka' Pla !

Argocister
09-22-2013, 08:41 PM

Cheers !

Thanx for this advice .... It will be used!
:)

T-Bone
09-23-2013, 08:40 AM
I would love to see the actual radio numbers for both. There is no way anyone would listen to a X hockey game, not even the stupid Leaf fans.
Ya, that's why the broadcasters decided to make the switch because there is no way anyone would listen to a X hockey game, not even the stupid Leaf fans.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8