PDA

View Full Version : Collaros and Durie named CFL players of the week.

Will
09-24-2013, 04:15 PM
http://argonauts.ca/article/argos-zach-collaros-andre-durie-named-cfl-players-of-the-week

Well deserved! Both of them!

AngeloV
09-24-2013, 05:09 PM
LOL..Does anyone still want to see Trevor Harris play over Collaros?

gilthethrill
09-24-2013, 07:23 PM

Perhaps Trevor Harris does....

OV Argo
09-24-2013, 09:23 PM

I believe Harris has some good QB skills; and would like to see him play IF Collaros got hurt now; and if Collaros is to move on elsewhere after this season, would like to see Harris still around to compete as 2nd or 3rd stringer and maybe an Argo starter of the future.

Does anyone still wish Jarious Jackson was around as the so needed experienced number 2 and to take opportunity away from young QBs like Collaros or Harris É

paulwoods13
09-24-2013, 09:30 PM
It's great that Collaros has played so well, and obviously we are all pretty darned confident in his abilities. But the only way we will really know if we didn't need an experienced backup will be if RR can't play in the playoffs. I'm certainly hoping that does not happen and we never have to find out.

AngeloV
09-24-2013, 09:34 PM
It's great that Collaros has played so well, and obviously we are all pretty darned confident in his abilities. But the only way we will really know if we didn't need an experienced backup will be if RR can't play in the playoffs. I'm certainly hoping that does not happen and we never have to find out.

Having said that, how many experienced back-ups were available that have had playoff success? I say none. Jackson certainly never has.

argolio
09-24-2013, 09:39 PM
Having said that, how many experienced back-ups were available that have had playoff success? I say none. Jackson certainly never has.We could have acquired Buck Pierce a few weeks ago. :D

AngeloV
09-24-2013, 09:53 PM
We could have acquired Buck Pierce a few weeks ago. :D

yeah but not even Lloyds of London will insure his contract. :p

jerrym
09-24-2013, 10:56 PM
I believe Harris has some good QB skills; and would like to see him play IF Collaros got hurt now; and if Collaros is to move on elsewhere after this season, would like to see Harris still around to compete as 2nd or 3rd stringer and maybe an Argo starter of the future.

Does anyone still wish Jarious Jackson was around as the so needed experienced number 2 and to take opportunity away from young QBs like Collaros or Harris É

Harris is unlikely to play until possibly the final game of the regular season as Milanovich does not seem to believe in substituting in a qb even for a change of pace or to give the starting qb a chance to see the defence from the sidelines as some teams do, such as BC did when it put in Pierce for DeMarco. If the Argos playoff position is fixed before the last game, then I suspect Ray will not play (unless he needs a tune up coming off this or another injury) and Collaros and Harris will each roughly play a half, much like last year. This would keep Collaros warmed up for the playoffs in case Ray is hurt. There would be added incentive in getting Harris some playing time under these circumstances as there is a strong likelihood that Collaros will be gone to another CFL or possibly NFL team after the season ends.

paulwoods13
09-25-2013, 08:41 AM
Having said that, how many experienced back-ups were available that have had playoff success? I say none. Jackson certainly never has.

I agree. But an experienced QB might do better in the pressure of a playoff game than an inexperienced QB. Fortunately, Collaros is now acquiring experience and has shown no signs of buckling under pressure. Nonetheless, I will feel a whole lot better if our QB when it really counts is a guy who has won playoff and Grey Cup games.

Rich
09-25-2013, 02:50 PM
I agree. But an experienced QB might do better in the pressure of a playoff game than an inexperienced QB. Fortunately, Collaros is now acquiring experience and has shown no signs of buckling under pressure. Nonetheless, I will feel a whole lot better if our QB when it really counts is a guy who has won playoff and Grey Cup games.

Why are you worried? You suggested you were fully confident in Ricky's continuing durability.

If Ricky were to get hurt again after he came back wouldn't that raise serious questions about it?

hugoagogo
09-26-2013, 01:26 AM
Considering how much turf Ray ate standing behind a weak O-line in Edmonton for so many years, I'm surprised he's not gone the way of Buck Pierce. Nobody's taken more hits in the past number of years than Ray. Mike Reilly is on pace though :)

paulwoods13
09-26-2013, 08:28 AM
Why are you worried? You suggested you were fully confident in Ricky's continuing durability.

If Ricky were to get hurt again after he came back wouldn't that raise serious questions about it?

Any team would prefer to have its starting QB in the playoffs. I want to win the Grey Cup and I believe the best chance of that comes with RR at QB. If you feel otherwise, come out and say so.

As for your second question, I assume you are subtly suggesting RR is injury-prone, or could be considered injury-prone if he were to get hurt again. I don't believe either is the case, and I would not advocate dumping him after another injury unless it was obvious his entire career was in jeopardy, which is certainly not the case at the moment.

Rich
09-27-2013, 02:03 AM
Any team would prefer to have its starting QB in the playoffs. I want to win the Grey Cup and I believe the best chance of that comes with RR at QB. If you feel otherwise, come out and say so.

Only a fool would deny that Ricky gives us the best chance to win right now.

But I also think its pretty foolish for people to project him as our starting QB for another 4 or 5 years. Considering the beating he took in Edmonton all those years, and considering the fact he's been out of commission for 30% of his 2 regular seasons as an Argo -- assuming he returns Oct. 4 and finishes healthy -- I think it's highly unrealistic to project him as a starter for another 4 or 5 years.

Wobbler
09-27-2013, 02:20 AM
Who thinks 4+ years into the future in this league?

Midnight Blue
09-27-2013, 05:57 AM
Who thinks 4+ years into the future in this league?

Hopefully, Jim Barker? As I noted on another thread, it seems like we may need a Dynasty, to get the attention of this town, and new fans. With any luck.

Ka' Pla !

7dj83r8f78t4alf8