View Full Version : Jennings in, Juaquin Iglesias out

mchesher03
09-25-2013, 12:17 PM
today's transaction.

should we start reading too deep and saying this means Kackert is more injured than we may have originally thought? concussions can vary greatly in terms of recovery time....

also - wasn't the addition of Jennings announced the same like 2 months ago? guessing he didn't pass the physical or something as it never appeared on the transactions listing....

gilthethrill
09-25-2013, 12:29 PM
The whole initial signing of Jennings is a mystery. Quite annoying in regard to lack of detail to be honest. Good re-signing, perhaps Norwood is banged up & requires depth. I read Kackert made the trip to Edmonton which tells me he is recovering.

Will
09-25-2013, 02:02 PM
It took long enough--there were rumblings that Jennings was going to come in after Kackert got hurt initially against the Blue Bombers.

Wobbler
09-25-2013, 02:55 PM
Jennings failed his initial physical and obviously (in retrospect) needed time to get healthy.

Rich
09-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Disappointed in what happened to Iglesias, he looked awfully good in the preseason, great crisp routes and good hands. Must be more to that story too.

Will
09-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Disappointed in what happened to Iglesias, he looked awfully good in the preseason, great crisp routes and good hands. Must be more to that story too.

Yeah I think John Chiles happened.

ArgoRavi
09-25-2013, 03:23 PM
Yeah I think John Chiles happened.

Exactly. The Argos just have a lot of talent at receiver and still have imports Romby Bryant and Trent Guy in reserve.

AngeloV
09-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Exactly. The Argos just have a lot of talent at receiver and still have imports Romby Bryant and Trent Guy in reserve.

I would have kept Iglesias over Guy myself....but I have no idea if some sort of "agreement" has been put in place with Iglesias which will see him return to the club at some point in time.

Will
09-25-2013, 04:16 PM
I would have kept Iglesias over Guy myself....but I have no idea if some sort of "agreement" has been put in place with Iglesias which will see him return to the club at some point in time.

Now that you mention it, I don't see what was more appealing about keeping Guy over Iglesias. The latter can do PR/KR as well, no?

paulwoods13
09-25-2013, 05:13 PM
Now that you mention it, I don't see what was more appealing about keeping Guy over Iglesias. The latter can do PR/KR as well, no?

I also liked Iglesias as a returner and receiver -- he looked great in preseason vs. Mtl -- but I assume they have decided to go with veterans over rookies. I hope Iglesias comes back next year.

1argoholic
09-25-2013, 07:02 PM
Iglesias wanted to go on American Idol so there you go.

flafson
09-25-2013, 07:57 PM
If it was Guy who did all the kick returns last couple of games then he has no room on this team to be honest.

AngeloV
09-25-2013, 10:44 PM
If it was Guy who did all the kick returns last couple of games then he has no room on this team to be honest.

Actually Guy didn't play in Saskatchewan and of his 4 punt returns in Calgary, had 2 pretty good ones and one "what are you doing" one. Overall, he is OK as a returner, but nothing you really want as a go to returner.

jerrym
09-26-2013, 12:16 AM
Like many of you I would have preferred the Argos to have kept Iglesias over Guy as I think he is a superior receiver and at least as good a returner, but I don't know the internal dynamics of the team makeup and there is usually the preference for a player you've had more experience with over one without such experience.

ArgoRavi
09-26-2013, 02:05 AM
Like many of you I would have preferred the Argos to have kept Iglesias over Guy as I think he is a superior receiver and at least as good a returner, but I don't know the internal dynamics of the team makeup and there is usually the preference for a player you've had more experience with over one without such experience.

That is a good point, Jerry. Milanovich, I believe, has worked with Guy previously in Montreal so that may have tipped things in his favour.

Will
09-26-2013, 04:32 PM
Guy actually joined Montreal last year, Ravi, so there was no link to Milanovich before his (Guy) signing with the Argonauts on June 2. There would have been a connection to Marcus Brady though.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8