View Full Version : Collaros for Mayor!

argotom
09-29-2013, 12:34 AM
Certainly not his best game, possibly the worse of the 4 road games, but win baby just win. There is no way we can let Zach go at the end of the year.

AngeloV
09-29-2013, 03:56 AM
Certainly not his best game, possibly the worse of the 4 road games, but win baby just win. There is no way we can let Zach go at the end of the year.

Weren't you saying the same things about Swayze Waters last year? As has been mentioned on here countless times, he is a free agent and the Argos may have absolutely no say in what he does come Feb 15. If he has NFL aspirations, now is the time for him to explore them. It would suck to lose him, but it is a great possibility too.

paulwoods13
09-29-2013, 08:05 AM

Possibly the worst of the four? Ya think? He was lousy most of the night. This is why "QB wins" is a ridiculous stat -- we won because of defence, Kackert and a ridiculous amount of good luck. I like Collaros, too, but to suggest that last night proves he "just wins" is an erroneous reading of what happened, IMO.

Argo57
09-29-2013, 08:30 AM
Possibly the worst of the four? Ya think? He was lousy most of the night. This is why "QB wins" is a ridiculous stat -- we won because of defence, Kackert and a ridiculous amount of good luck. I like Collaros, too, but to suggest that last night proves he "just wins" is an erroneous reading of what happened, IMO.

The Argonauts would be the laughing stock of the CFL if the let Ray go, he consistently performs at a high level and was absolutely amazing before this injury. While I love what the team is doing with these late wins at some point it will come back and bite us on the ass!
Let's put it into perspective if some or all of these last 4 games had been losses (which easily could have happened) we would be bemoaning the fact that we need Ray back in the lineup.

argotom
09-29-2013, 12:04 PM
Possibly the worst of the four? Ya think? He was lousy most of the night. This is why "QB wins" is a ridiculous stat -- we won because of defence, Kackert and a ridiculous amount of good luck. I like Collaros, too, but to suggest that last night proves he "just wins" is an erroneous reading of what happened, IMO.But, it is true, he is 5-1 and I keep saying he has the intangibles. It's still way too early, but the kid reminds me of having that Flutie magic in him. You would want to give up on that, not me. Heck if Ricky was traded once by Tillman, who says you can't trade him again?

ArgoRavi
09-29-2013, 01:11 PM
But, it is true, he is 5-1 and I keep saying he has the intangibles. It's still way too early, but the kid reminds me of having that Flutie magic in him. You would want to give up on that, not me. Heck if Ricky was traded once by Tillman, who says you can't trade him again?

Do you think that if Collaros suddenly appeared in Winnipeg tomorrow that the Bombers would turn into a winner? I doubt it. He is a promising QB and has done his job as a backup but Ray is a sure thing and Collaros isn't. Casey Printers looked great for a season or two too as did Ricky Foggie in Toronto but neither could sustain that success. I am not saying that Collaros can't or won't be a star in this league but you just can't give up a Hall of Fame QB who is playing the best football of his career IMO. I lived through a similar thought process back in 1992 with the Argos and it wasn't pretty. And, at the time, I thought that the Argos should move Dunigan and go with Foggie for many of the same reasons why you believe that Collaros should replace Ray.

Tau Ceti
09-29-2013, 01:15 PM
I know zilch about how this works, but isn't it likely Ottawa would decline to take ZC anyway because he's going to become a free agent?

Ballstothewall
09-29-2013, 01:17 PM
Nailed it!!!!

ArgoRavi
09-29-2013, 01:33 PM
I know zilch about how this works, but isn't it likely Ottawa would decline to take ZC anyway because he's going to become a free agent?

Likely but there is an assumption out there that ZC will just leave Toronto as a free agent to either seek an NFL opportunity or, more likely, to seek a starter's job somewhere else.

jerrym
09-29-2013, 04:27 PM
I'd vote for Ricky Ray as mayor. He's the one who has brought us to where we are, with a fine assist from Collaros. Besides with Collaros's comment earlier in the year that he knew he might be drafted by Ottawa, I think he has impure thoughts about becoming the mayor of Ottawa. Needless to say, such a move would mean he would violate the residency requirement for mayor of Toronto. Having lived in Ottawa for seven years, I can testify that she is a very boring mistress, although I have to admit there is a tempting mistress across the river (as the old saying goes if want a good time in Ottawa, go to Hull).

Will
09-29-2013, 05:59 PM
I thought that Pinball was the one we wanted for mayor.

1argoholic
09-29-2013, 06:02 PM
Love Collaros but Ricky Ray is our starting qb. Oh and thanks again Edmonton and Tilman.

Jerrm that some funny stuff about Ottawa. It's a pretty stiff town. I dated a gal there after meeting her during Grey Cup 88 partying. It was pretty uptight to say the least. She was just way too sweet though.

paulwoods13
09-29-2013, 06:52 PM
But, it is true, he is 5-1 and I keep saying he has the intangibles. It's still way too early, but the kid reminds me of having that Flutie magic in him. You would want to give up on that, not me. Heck if Ricky was traded once by Tillman, who says you can't trade him again?

No, it is not true. The TEAM is 5-1 in games he has started. He is partly responsible for any win or loss; so is Chad Rempel.

If you want to believe he is Flutie reincarnated after seven games, go ahead. I'll stick with the proven commodity, thanks -- a QB who has won three Grey Cups and is having (apart from injury) one of the best seasons in CFL history.

I cannot believe that anyone is suggesting that the fact RR was traded is somehow proof that it could/should happen again. That trade is unquestionably one of the worst in the history of the CFL -- hardly an argument for a redo.

argotom
09-29-2013, 08:34 PM
No, it is not true. The TEAM is 5-1 in games he has started. He is partly responsible for any win or loss; so is Chad Rempel.

If you want to believe he is Flutie reincarnated after seven games, go ahead. I'll stick with the proven commodity, thanks -- a QB who has won three Grey Cups and is having (apart from injury) one of the best seasons in CFL history.

I cannot believe that anyone is suggesting that the fact RR was traded is somehow proof that it could/should happen again. That trade is unquestionably one of the worst in the history of the CFL -- hardly an argument for a redo. Absolutely not, the trade itself is not the basis for anything. However when looking deeper and adding several factors, that's when the discussion becomes interesting and a very good argument can be made for trading Ricky. He like all of us is 2 years older, has had rather 2 serious injuries the past two years and the most important we have the Zach factor now.

paulwoods13
09-29-2013, 08:54 PM
Absolutely not, the trade itself is not the basis for anything. However when looking deeper and adding several factors, that's when the discussion becomes interesting and a very good argument can be made for trading Ricky. He like all of us is 2 years older, has had rather 2 serious injuries the past two years and the most important we have the Zach factor now.

Silly me for thinking "Heck if Ricky was traded once by Tillman, who says you can't trade him again?" was a suggestion that the fact he was traded suggests he could/should be traded again. Leaving that aside, I respectfully disagree with your contention that it should be considered, but I've made my case often enough to bore everyone so I won't repeat it.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8