Outstanding Player: Ricky Ray
Outstanding Canadian: Andre Durie
Outstanding Defensive Player: Robert McCune
Outstanding Lineman: Jeff Keeping
Outstanding Special Teams Player: The King of the Wild Frontier
Outstanding Rookie: John Chiles

mchesher03
10-30-2013, 02:46 PM
A full season and ricky would have been a lock. Otherwise hard to see anyone but Jon Cornish winning MOP. I’d love to see Durie take top Canadian as Cornish aside I think he is top Canadian, but that’s just me. Chiles has been held back by injuries too although he would be in tough for top rookie.</SPAN>

ArgoRavi
10-30-2013, 03:49 PM
Cornish will win MOP but who will be the East's nominee? Burris is Hamilton's nominee but I don't think that he has been as good this year as last and has been fairly inconsistent. That leaves either Ray or Chip Cox to get the eastern nod. Even though Ray didn't play a full season, there was nobody more dominant in the east this season than Ray was when he did play IMO.

paulwoods13
10-30-2013, 04:49 PM
Ray deserves it from the East. Two weeks ago I felt Cox was a lock, but last week's performance may be enough to sway voters to Ray. For sure Cornish will MOP and MOC, but Durie will be the eastern nom for MOC. McCune won't be able to beat out Cox for Eastern MODP. Keeping has a decent shot at Eastern MOOL -- for sure he has been Toronto's best and most consistent. Chiles has no shot at rookie. I don't see Waters getting through on ST altho it hasn't been a great year for that category.

doubleblue
10-30-2013, 05:29 PM
Good to see Jeff Keeping get some recognition. He has had to come into current position kind of the hard way. TE, FB, DT, OG and has finally found his position as a Center. Jarriel King would have to have honourable mention.

OV Argo
10-30-2013, 10:00 PM
Ray deserves it from the East. Two weeks ago I felt Cox was a lock, but last week's performance may be enough to sway voters to Ray. For sure Cornish will MOP and MOC, but Durie will be the eastern nom for MOC. McCune won't be able to beat out Cox for Eastern MODP. Keeping has a decent shot at Eastern MOOL -- for sure he has been Toronto's best and most consistent. Chiles has no shot at rookie. I don't see Waters getting through on ST altho it hasn't been a great year for that category.

IF Cornish wins the MOC but doesn't get MOP it will be a travesty - and IMO a kick in the teeth to Canadian talent in this league - sort of a Canadian gets an award for being a Canadian as some sort of consolation prize - we see it often in player of the week or month type awards - where a Canadian player has been the best offensive or defensive player, but giving him Canadian player of the week is good enough, but discount him for the other top player recognition.

Rookie of the year is a tough one - Chiles deserves some recognition but missing some time will hurt; Brent Jones - starting all year on a very good Calgary offence, or Mike Edem - starting all year and making lots of plays on a good Als D = should be top candidates; and nice to see 2 Canadian draft choices be given playing time right away and respond; we could be seeing a lot more of that in the CFL IMO.

Cox for D player of the year for sure - just outstanding - and I wouldn't mind seeing a D player win MOP. but Cornish has been superb too; same of Ricky Ray - but again - missed signifigant time.

jerrym
10-31-2013, 12:46 AM
I agree Jon Cornish is MOP and MOC but it's too bad that Durie couldn't win after all he has done in his comeback and the fact that this year's performance would have won the award in many other years.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8