PDA

View Full Version : What to do with a drunken mayor?

Wobbler
11-07-2013, 06:12 PM
I'm a fan of The Economist, which now has a print-edition commentary (http://www.economist.com/news/americas/21589484-rob-ford-confesses-all-manner-vices-will-not-resign-what-do-drunken-mayor) on Rob Ford and Toronto which is worth reading. I am already tired of apologizing for Toronto and would appreciate a swift resignation by its wayward mayor.

argolio
11-07-2013, 09:55 PM
Resign? Only if his bother tells him to do that.

LLB997
11-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Doug Ford already has the solution. take 2 weeks off to kick his addiction and drop 60 pounds while he's at it. he will be a new man by mid november. idiots both of them.

1argoholic
11-08-2013, 07:21 PM
LLB997 said it all.

How did both of these clowns make it out of highschool let alone to the positions they hold?

The Fords are disfunction. Perhaps momma and sister need to give their heads a shake and open up the eyes a little wider. Rob's biggest problem is his weight. haha. That's just one of many. Start with weight, lack of confidence, potty mouth,drug and alcohol abuse and I'm sure I could go on and on. Hiding behind booze and crack won't get you anywhere Robbie.

LLB997
11-09-2013, 12:05 AM
Tonight David Letterman did his top 10 list on Ford. Top 10 celebrities who look like Rob Ford. And low and behold at #7 there is Robbie wearing an Argos shirt. Not exactly how i expected to see the Argos logo on American network TV.:o

AngeloV
11-09-2013, 07:38 AM
I think this goes way beyond the boozing. I've said this before, these dudes are really bad people. Putting them in city hall, totally defeated the anti-bullying campaign that the Argos were a key part of along with city hall prior to these clowns getting in there. That is exactly what they are...bullies.

How did both of these clowns make it out of highschool let alone to the positions they hold?

Coming from a wealthy family certainly opens doors that aren't available for many.

1argoholic
11-09-2013, 02:52 PM
My last Ford comment. What To Do With A Drunken Mayor? He's doing it to himself. The guy has one or two years left before his heart goes.

Just had a great idea. The GREAT Canadian Celtic Punk band The Mahones should write their new hit, 'What To Do With A Drunken Mayor'

Double Dare
03-22-2016, 12:23 PM
He's dead.

1argoholic
03-22-2016, 02:23 PM
It's indeed a sad day for fast food chains,LCBO, and drug dealers of the GTA. They have all taken a serious hit in the cash flow department. Good news is that Timber Kings will be making the casket from a giant BC Western Red Cedar.

Word is no cremation as the toxins in his body would set the fight against global warming back 50 years.

Just another dead person in my eyes. One who abused everything but they talk about him today like the city lost Darryl Sittler or Pinball.

New movie in the future, Weekend at Robbies.

If he was named Chevy he may have pulled through. I'll be here all week. Too soon?

AngeloV
03-22-2016, 02:40 PM
Wonder if his boy Sandro Lisi will do a tell all book now?

ArgoGabe22
03-22-2016, 02:44 PM
Rob Ford wasn't perfect but please be respectful. Remember he is also a brother, a son, a husband and a father. Cancer sucks.

Wobbler
03-22-2016, 02:50 PM
It's indeed a sad day for fast food chains,LCBO, and drug dealers of the GTA. They have all taken a serious hit in the cash flow department. Good news is that Timber Kings will be making the casket from a giant BC Western Red Cedar.

Word is no cremation as the toxins in his body would set the fight against global warming back 50 years.

Just another dead person in my eyes.
So this is the level of class you display when anyone dies? Yikes.

1argoholic
03-22-2016, 03:20 PM
Not anyone, just tools! If it was someone I cared about I'd be sad. I'm not sad. People die everyday and I can't get sad everyday. Holy SHITE!!!! No humour at all. The guy WAS a walking joke!!!!

T-Bone
03-22-2016, 03:28 PM
Not anyone, just tools! If it was someone I cared about I'd be sad. I'm not sad. People die everyday and I can't get sad everyday. Holy SHITE!!!! No humour at all. The guy WAS a walking joke!!!!
There is nothing funny about Rob Ford's death. How is it you're any different than Ford was when it comes to class?

I didn't like the guy much but no one deserves to go out like that and I feel sympathy for his family, his children especially.

1argoholic
03-22-2016, 03:42 PM
I call it like I see it. Great folks die everyday without any fanfare. Then a guy who brought the city down to a real level of down and dirty filth gets treated like the Queen. This guy was far from Royalty. I'm not in the public eye smoking crack,pot,hash with gang bangers, hookers and drinking my face off daily while being the mayor of TO. Do I need to show some sort of respect to him? NO. He never cared about his children or wife when he was acting all the tool. He's not my friend or family member. I show class when it's deserved.

Double Dare
03-22-2016, 06:18 PM
HIs wife Is probably happy now, he treated her like dirt.

Argo57
03-22-2016, 07:14 PM
Rob Ford wasn't perfect but please be respectful. Remember he is also a brother, a son, a husband and a father. Cancer sucks.

Agreed Gabe, Ford's conduct while mayor was often lacking (to be kind) however I always liked the respect he showed in regards to spending taxpayers money and being accountable for wasteful spending which certainly made him no friends at City Hall.
He had a family that loved him and you have to feel empathy for them, it could happen to anyone!

AngeloV
03-22-2016, 07:18 PM
Well, there are a lot of people that believe that he is linked to organized crime, and that he had one of those guys in the infamous video killed. May or may not be true, but the fact that it is out there can definitely bring bad feelings to a lot of people.

Personally, I'm not going to say anything good or bad about him now. Cancer is a terrible thing and my closest friend just lost her brother to a 15 month battle this past weekend.

R.J
03-22-2016, 07:22 PM
While I disagreed with Rob did in his personal life; I thought he did good work as the Mayor. Aside from that - someone has just passed; show a little class and respect.

RIP Rob Ford and my condolences to his family.

1argoholic
03-22-2016, 07:34 PM
My oldest friend lost his 48 year old sister to cancer a few months back and I lost an aunt to the same disease last year. Everyone is touched by it. Sorry I have no feelings about this guy. If he carried himself with the class of John Tory I'd feel very differently. He didn't care about his wife,kids and himself while doing what he did.
Even as mayor his penny pinching ways has Toronto crumbling. You need to have money coming in to fix low income housing, roads etc..etc.

The Donald Trump of Toronto has passed, time to move on.

T-Bone
03-22-2016, 08:51 PM
My oldest friend lost his 48 year old sister to cancer a few months back and I lost an aunt to the same disease last year. Everyone is touched by it. Sorry I have no feelings about this guy. If he carried himself with the class of John Tory I'd feel very differently. He didn't care about his wife,kids and himself while doing what he did.
Even as mayor his penny pinching ways has Toronto crumbling. You need to have money coming in to fix low income housing, roads etc..etc.

The Donald Trump of Toronto has passed, time to move on.
Yet you feel the need to continue to post. I don't know why I'm shocked by anything you post anymore but today I shocked.

PullTogether73
03-22-2016, 10:16 PM
Sorry I have no feelings about this guy.

Clearly you do have feelings about this guy.
Disdain, anger, hatred, pity.
These must be what are generating the insensitive comments you are making.

Someone like me, who really does not have any feelings for the man, says nothing as a result.

R.J
03-22-2016, 11:28 PM
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cfl-55-yard-line/rob-ford-s-football-fandom-and-work-to-promote-the-game-had-a-significant-impact-013132414.html

Double Dare
03-23-2016, 07:02 AM
Just because he died, all of sudden he is St. Rob overnight.
When he was high/drunk the true person inside came out, the dirtbag.

T-Bone
03-23-2016, 07:41 AM
HIs wife Is probably happy now, he treated her like dirt.
I know there were a lot of reports about the issues the two of them had with each other but you have no idea how she is feeling right now and that's a pretty insensitive thing to post.

Just because he died, all of sudden he is St. Rob overnight.
When he was high/drunk the true person inside came out, the dirtbag.
Substance abuse is a complicated issue and from reports both Rob and his wife had issues with it.
His death doesn't make him a saint and I feel some of the media attention is a little over the top. I didn't care much for his antics when he was alive but I still have a little compassion for him as a fellow human being.

argonaut11xx
03-23-2016, 10:54 AM
Sad news,

Cancer is horrible, and the collateral damage and hurt it causes in family and friends is terrible.

To slam a person at this time is somewhat offside, imo.

1argoholic
03-23-2016, 11:03 AM
Great people who lived solid lives die everyday with no fanfare. Rob Ford abused drugs, alcohol, women, his family with his antics and he ran T.O into the ground. I really don't think about the guy until he's plastered all over then news. We had a major World wide story trumped by the passing of Rob Ford. 30 or more people died very tragically in Belgium and it got lost in the news because of a guy who lived very hard and didn't care about his health or family but died fairly young. His comments to Karen Stinz (not sure of the spelling) where crude as hell. He degraded his wife with talk about very personal sexual issues. I care for people who deserve my care and respect. I do feel sorry for his kids because he acted like a single man.
This world has become a little too PC and not everyone can love everyone. It's life not a Disney movie. Hell no one was more of a bad mouthed fool then the guy we write about. Agree to disagree but I've spent enough time yapping on about him.

T-Bone
03-23-2016, 11:12 AM
This world has become a little too PC and not everyone can love everyone. It's life not a Disney movie. Hell no one was more of a bad mouthed fool then the guy we write about. Agree to disagree but I've spent enough time yapping on about him.
I'm pretty sure both Rob Ford and Donald Trump used the "This world has become too politically correct." excuse to defend nonsense that they said. The irony here is you don't seem to see that many of your posts read just like stuff they've said. Carry on, I'm done here.

argonaut11xx
03-23-2016, 11:15 AM
Regardless of your feelings a man has died.

I guess i'm of the beliefs , That you dont kick a man when he's down, and you shouldn't speak i'll of the dead.

1argoholic
03-23-2016, 11:32 AM
T Bone I come on this site and post my thoughts on many topics in all sections. You find the posts to go on and on about in which you disagree and you post about TFC.

I can understand where argonautxx11 is coming from and I used to have that same sort of outlook.

To me however Rob Ford beat the crap out of himself. He did it to himself, no one else did. He acted like he was an outlaw biker in a suit. I'm not a priest, reverend, saint or pope. Let them worry about every single person good or bad on this earth.

T Bone get on your high horse and ride. Your constant BS makes me puke!!!!!

AngeloV
03-23-2016, 12:10 PM
Regardless of your feelings a man has died.

I guess i'm of the beliefs , That you dont kick a man when he's down, and you shouldn't speak i'll of the dead.

And what if he really did have Sandro Lisi perform some illegal acts, including making some, shall I say, strong personal threats? Some people really believe he was involved in pretty bad criminal activity. If someone believes this to be the case, then they are justified in having an opinion similar to 1argoholic and Double Dare.

Double Dare
03-23-2016, 12:11 PM
I made comments about (what was) a human POS named Rob Ford, MY opinion!
I didn't make (personal) comments about people on this site. So people who don't know ME, who made comments about MY compassion, insensitivity, yadda, yadda can ----------- (fill in the blank).
1Argoholic, I'm with you on this.

argonaut11xx
03-23-2016, 12:16 PM
And what if he really did have Sandro Lisi perform some illegal acts, including making some, shall I say, strong personal threats? Some people really believe he was involved in pretty bad criminal activity. If someone believes this to be the case, than they are justified in having an opinion similar to 1argoholic and Double Dare.

Everyone is allowed an opinion, thats what makes this country great.

Personally,i dont think Lisi is credible, and i doubt he could write a sentence, let alone a book.

IMO its just too soon,

Double Dare
03-23-2016, 12:48 PM
Personally,i dont think Lisi is credible, and i doubt he could write a sentence, let alone a book.

I think Lisi would only have one small splinter of the Rob Ford story, not enough for a book on the doof.

R.J
03-23-2016, 01:15 PM
Great people who lived solid lives die everyday with no fanfare. Rob Ford abused drugs, alcohol, women, his family with his antics and he ran T.O into the ground. I really don't think about the guy until he's plastered all over then news. We had a major World wide story trumped by the passing of Rob Ford. 30 or more people died very tragically in Belgium and it got lost in the news because of a guy who lived very hard and didn't care about his health or family but died fairly young. His comments to Karen Stinz (not sure of the spelling) where crude as hell. He degraded his wife with talk about very personal sexual issues. I care for people who deserve my care and respect. I do feel sorry for his kids because he acted like a single man.
When and how did Ford run Toronto into the ground ?

1argoholic
03-23-2016, 01:19 PM
I guess we will truly never know until Rob Ford the movie comes out in a year or two.

Notice how smooth things are running with a professional person at the helm in Tory. The City of Toronto itself was crumbling with Ford trying to save money. The so called people he was trying to help most are all living in crumbling low income buildings. The roads, transit, water mains where all messed up when Tory took over. I keep on top of current affairs watching news nightly. It's not hard to find where Ford did very little. A city just can't function without tax money coming in. Was he waiting for the city to crumble into Lake Ontario

My last words about Mr. Classy.

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhXpJFh1RqM

T-Bone
03-24-2016, 08:27 AM
I made comments about (what was) a human POS named Rob Ford, MY opinion!
I didn't make (personal) comments about people on this site. So people who don't know ME, who made comments about MY compassion, insensitivity, yadda, yadda can ----------- (fill in the blank).
1Argoholic, I'm with you on this.
Rob Ford's last words to family: 'I don't want to leave you guys' (http://www.torontosun.com/2016/03/24/rob-fords-last-words-to-family-i-dont-want-to-leave-you-guys)

Double Dare
03-24-2016, 04:05 PM
Rob Ford's last words to family: 'I don't want to leave you guys' (http://www.torontosun.com/2016/03/24/rob-fords-last-words-to-family-i-dont-want-to-leave-you-guys) Proves my point. Too bad it took getting sick to settle him down, stop embarrassing his family, and shut him up. He should have thought about his family long before that. Touching ... great journalism.

argolio
03-25-2016, 03:22 PM
At the end of his mayoralty, Ford was losing votes as much as 43-2, and voted against his own budget twice. Toronto didn't crumble, but his effectiveness as a mayor did, and the responsibility for his downfall was all on him.

I might have waited until after the funeral, but I have no problem with anything 1argoholic wrote. Good job.

Wobbler
03-25-2016, 09:34 PM
T Bone I come on this site and post my thoughts on many topics in all sections.
You do indeed. But how many of them are worth reading?

T Bone get on your high horse and ride. Your constant BS makes me puke!!!!!
This is pretty typical of the content you bring to the board: Foolish comments, expressed rudely.

There's nothing inherently wrong with posting a controversial opinion (e.g. this thread), but childishly lashing out when people disagree with you degrades the discussion and makes this board worse. I think you can do better.

Double Dare
03-26-2016, 07:01 AM
There's nothing inherently wrong with posting a controversial opinion (e.g. this thread There isn't anything controversial about his opinion. I know many people that feel the same way about Ford.
As for timing of comments; Just because he is dead, negative feelings against him don't change. He was invisible during his illness, and in another few weeks, he will be invisible and forgotten once again. Saint Robbie this week, a dead pile the next. The people of this world (Canada/Toronto) and the media are very fickle in this day and age. On to the next story ...

Wobbler
03-27-2016, 01:39 AM
You've never done *anything* to support or advance the Argo fan community, DD. You won't be missed.

AngeloV
03-27-2016, 12:27 PM
Here is a write up about Ford that I found interesting.

http://torontoist.com/2016/03/373870/

This quote, IMO justifies 1agoholic and Double Dare of what they have been saying on here.

“If you are not doing needles and you are not gay, you won’t get AIDS probably. That’s bottom line.” That was Rob Ford in 2006, voting against anti-AIDS education programs. When it was pointed out to him that the demographic where HIV infection was growing most quickly was heterosexual women, he responded by saying, “How are women getting it? Maybe they are sleeping with bisexual men.”

Ford obviously had no sympathy for people with aids, why should anyone have any sympathy for him because he had cancer?

T-Bone
03-27-2016, 01:30 PM
Here is a write up about Ford that I found interesting.

http://torontoist.com/2016/03/373870/

This quote, IMO justifies 1agoholic and Double Dare of what they have been saying on here.

Ford obviously had no sympathy for people with aids, why should anyone have any sympathy for him because he had cancer?
Ever heard the expression "Two wrongs don't make a right?" I don't think anyone here has said Ford was a good person or that his death changes what he did in life. How does making jokes about his death help anything though but perpetuating the same kind of stupidity that Ford perpetuated in life?

AngeloV
03-27-2016, 02:57 PM
Ever heard the expression "Two wrongs don't make a right?" I don't think anyone here has said Ford was a good person or that his death changes what he did in life. How does making jokes about his death help anything though but perpetuating the same kind of stupidity that Ford perpetuated in life?

Is this really about the fact that you don't like what was said, or the fact that you don't like who said it? In my view he was an evil man that did a lot of evil things. The fact that he had cancer is irrelevant to me.

Will
03-27-2016, 03:23 PM
Normally a thread can go in one of two directions, but I only see this one going in one direction and that is one that causes a headache for myself. Therefore, I am locking the thread.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8