PDA

View Full Version : Preferred opponent for the 2013 Eastern Final?

Neely2005
11-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Do you have a preferred opponent for the Eastern Final? If so who & why?

bluto
11-08-2013, 12:05 PM
would i like to play the Cats in the EDF because it's been a long time and i'd like the Argos to have a chance to erase their regular season record against Hank & Co. ? yup.

would i like to play the Als in the EDF because they've been at the top of the heap in our division for so long that i'd love to see the Argos do to them what they did to us in 2010 and totally demoralize their entitled fanbase? yup.

either way, while i'm not looking past the EDF, my focus is the GC and it doesn't matter to me what team we have to beat to get there... so long as we beat them and our key players stay healthy in doing it.

Neely2005
11-08-2013, 12:34 PM
would i like to play the Cats in the EDF because it's been a long time and i'd like the Argos to have a chance to erase their regular season record against Hank & Co. ? yup.

would i like to play the Als in the EDF because they've been at the top of the heap in our division for so long that i'd love to see the Argos do to them what they did to us in 2010 and totally demoralize their entitled fanbase? yup.

either way, while i'm not looking past the EDF, my focus is the GC and it doesn't matter to me what team we have to beat to get there... so long as we beat them and our key players stay healthy in doing it.

Good points. These are 2 great rivalries but I voted Hamilton because our rivalry with them is bigger and IIRC we haven't played Hamilton in the Eastern Final since 1986.

Stevoman
11-08-2013, 01:05 PM
I feel like the Argos match up better against the Al's and so I voted for them. It will be a battle against either team but I'm hoping to beat the Al's on the way to the cup just like the last 4 grey cup journeys!

Tau Ceti
11-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Hamilton: I'd like to see 40k at the Dome when I'm there for the game!

jerrym
11-08-2013, 03:40 PM
In term of attendance and game atmosphere, I would prefer Hamilton. In terms of the likely better chance of making it to the Grey Cup, I would prefer Montreal. The Argos are favourites over either opponent but Montreal would be the easier one IMO.

Argo57
11-08-2013, 07:43 PM
I would rather see Montreal in the Eastern final, the Argos match up much better against them, could care less that Hamilton would bring a more "electric" atmosphere to the final, all that matters to me is seeing the Argonauts in the Grey Cup!!!!

matchuk
11-08-2013, 07:43 PM
hamilton....i want a full dome with a good atmosphere

ArgoZ
11-08-2013, 08:21 PM
I would rather see Montreal in the Eastern final, the Argos match up much better against them, could care less that Hamilton would bring a more "electric" atmosphere to the final, all that matters to me is seeing the Argonauts in the Grey Cup!!!!

For sure. Never pick your opponent based on attendance. Winning is what matters and Montreal gives the best chance for that to happen. The atmosphere of plenty of Cat fans will be an advantage Montreal won't have.

Ron
11-08-2013, 11:58 PM
I am pessimistic about this team based on the last 5 games ... so I see it either death by gun, or death by being nibbled to death by ducks.

As for Canadian football in general in this whole region ... the Cats would be the far far better opponent. The Cats as opposition would create more buzz and more attendance ... and the Argos really need to show that considering they are looking for a home and have to show themselves as relevant.

Argocister
11-09-2013, 08:35 AM
Different scenario here.... Deep down I don't have a preference. As I said before I will trust the coaches and players to be ready ..... But, my husband is a Ticat fan ..... So deep down I would like them to be put out of their misery this weekend so that I don't have to be the politically correct spouse next weekend :) .... So maybe I'm swaying towards the ALS.

Neely2005
11-10-2013, 12:20 PM
I am pessimistic about this team based on the last 5 games ... so I see it either death by gun, or death by being nibbled to death by ducks.

As for Canadian football in general in this whole region ... the Cats would be the far far better opponent. The Cats as opposition would create more buzz and more attendance ... and the Argos really need to show that considering they are looking for a home and have to show themselves as relevant.

I thought that the team has looked pretty good since Ricky Ray came back. I'm not counting the last game of the regular season since most of the starters were resting.

ArgoZ
11-10-2013, 01:58 PM
As I watch the game right now, I am happy to play either of these teams, if they come into TO and play like this. I really think the Argos can blow out Montreal in front of 25 000 fans. I'd rather have that than lose a close one to the Cats with 30 000 people watching.

bluto
11-10-2013, 03:52 PM
whichever team it is... i hope we smash them for making me watch this pile-o-crap they call an ESF today (...and for all the usual reasons too)

ArgoZ
11-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Hamilton: I'd like to see 40k at the Dome when I'm there for the game!

I think a sold out lower bowl of 30 000 is more realistic and achievable.

Midnight Blue
11-10-2013, 04:16 PM
I've said this before : The Argos and Cats should play in every East Division final !

ArgoRavi
11-10-2013, 04:26 PM
I think a sold out lower bowl of 30 000 is more realistic and achievable.

Considering that they drew almost 30k for each of the two regular season games at SkyDome this year, 40k is a realistic goal IMO.

ArgoZ
11-10-2013, 04:54 PM
Considering that they drew almost 30k for each of the two regular season games at SkyDome this year, 40k is a realistic goal IMO.

28 and 27, with Hamilton fans helping out greatly at the last one. I can see a thousand more Hamilton's coming. I know Guelph has it's problems, but they couldn't even sell out today! It really is up to Argo fans, but a jammed lower bowl of 30 000+ is possible and nothing wrong with that. I can't see the Argos/Rogers Centre opening up the 500's for a few thousand fans.

ArgoRavi
11-10-2013, 06:02 PM
28 and 27, with Hamilton fans helping out greatly at the last one. I can see a thousand more Hamilton's coming. I know Guelph has it's problems, but they couldn't even sell out today! It really is up to Argo fans, but a jammed lower bowl of 30 000+ is possible and nothing wrong with that. I can't see the Argos/Rogers Centre opening up the 500's for a few thousand fans.

They drew 29,852 for the season opener and 28,467 for the October game. If they can open up the upper deck, even for 3k or 4k, why not do so? The media will play a role this week as it will depend, in part, on how much this game is hyped up. If Torontonians sense that this is an "event", tickets could move quite briskly.

Argo
11-10-2013, 06:29 PM
First of all: regardless of all that transpired throughout the game, the EDSF was ultimately handed to Hamilton by that familiar steaming coil of crap known as CFL Officiating. Blatant pass interference in the end zone, right in front of the official and not called, cost Montreal the game.

I would have preferred to see the Argos play Montreal - the better matchup from the Argos' point of view (IMO).

The Toronto and Hamilton coaching staffs are equally capable. So too are the two offences. At this juncture I see the Argos losing the EDF because their defence is simply not good enough (whereas Hamilton's seems to be rounding into form).

Stevoman
11-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Montreal also didn't wrap up enough on their tackles and allowed Hamilton to get more yards. I'm more nervous about now playing Hamilton. I do think that it is fitting that the two top teams from both divisions are playing in the final but we have had tough games against Hamilton all year. Maybe we're due for a really good one. I think we win but only if our defence has one of their best games of the year.

Tau Ceti
11-10-2013, 08:08 PM
They drew 29,852 for the season opener and 28,467 for the October game. If they can open up the upper deck, even for 3k or 4k, why not do so? The media will play a role this week as it will depend, in part, on how much this game is hyped up. If Torontonians sense that this is an "event", tickets could move quite briskly.

I originally suggested 40k but upon consideration I think they might be right not to do it. I believe a "sell out" under the reduced lower bowl configuration is 32k. The benefit of leaving it this way is to create a sense of scarcity and force people into higher price brackets. The end zone was already selling out when I got my ticket last Monday. Late buyers (including Hamiltonians considering buying at this moment) may wind up taking silvers and golds that they wouldn't normally. Of course, the ideal situation is even the silvers and golds sell out and they have no choice but to open some of the 500s. We shall see.

Antwon
11-10-2013, 09:54 PM
Got my tickets bring on the pussy cats!

flafson
11-11-2013, 02:30 AM
Any good deals going on for the game?

Tau Ceti
11-11-2013, 09:53 AM

An email offer was sent out offering a little better than 20% if you order four or more tickets. I can't find a separate advert online. Just call and say you got the email or use the order code HSAMSWHIG.

argofandave
11-11-2013, 01:01 PM
I've got season tickets for the Ticats and they sent me an email about getting a "preferred rate" for tickets. Go to www.argonauts.ca/groups (http://www.argonauts.ca/groups) and enter the code TCEAST2013. The email shows that this offer ends at midnight tonight but the website shows that it's good until Saturday and you can save up to 20%.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8