PDA

View Full Version : Kackert hurt at practice

Will
11-08-2013, 02:19 PM
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/08/argos-chad-kackert-injures-ankle-during-workout

Are you kidding me?

jerrym
11-08-2013, 02:55 PM
The loss of Kackert at his healthiest is something the Argos cannot replace. However, Norwood has shown that he is both a very capable rusher and receiver out of the backfield. Kackert's ongoing series of injuries this year and last raise questions about whether he can be their longterm solution as running back in the future.

Stevoman
11-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Still has time to heal...but I feel for this guy.

ArgoRavi
11-08-2013, 05:33 PM
The loss of Kackert at his healthiest is something the Argos cannot replace. However, Norwood has shown that he is both a very capable rusher and receiver out of the backfield. Kackert's ongoing series of injuries this year and last raise questions about whether he can be their longterm solution as running back in the future.

I agree, Jerry. That is an awful lot of injuries that he has suffered in the last couple of years. I was thinking that the Argos should dress Norwood for the EF anyway, even though Steele is the better special teams player, because of Kackert's extensive injury history.

argotom
11-08-2013, 06:07 PM
Oh no, say it isn't so.

1argoholic
11-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Just saw Lance Brown talking about this. Unreal and I feel for Kack with this year of injuries he's had. In past years I'd have felt much worse but finally we have depth. As much as I love to see Kack scamper downfield it could be nice to see Norwood with playing very meaningful football just running db's over. Hope it's not so serious and Kackert is back.

I just hope Montreal and Hamilton just pound the crap out of each other in the hardest hitting game of the year.

Argo57
11-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Norwood has done a great job replacing Kackert this season, I'm not concerned at all, further to Jerry's point I don't believe Kackert will turn out to be the long term guy after all.

matchuk
11-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Kackert's ongoing series of injuries this year and last raise questions about whether he can be their longterm solution as running back in the future.

i agree...i love the guy, but if norwood looks good in the playoffs, and kack cant stay healthy, he might be out of a job next season...

ArgoRavi
11-08-2013, 11:51 PM
Zicarelli alluded to this in his article but has anyone noticed how much slipping and sliding players do on the SkyDome turf? It sounds as though that is how Kackert was injured.

argolio
11-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Zicarelli alluded to this in his article but has anyone noticed how much slipping and sliding players do on the SkyDome turf? It sounds as though that is how Kackert was injured.I've noticed that all season. This turf seems to have seen its better days.

1argoholic
11-09-2013, 02:59 PM
I can't believe how bad the slipping and sliding is. Last game I was calling them all Bambi On Ice.

gilthethrill
11-09-2013, 04:58 PM
This is a huge loss for the Argos. Kackert gives the added dimension of break away speed that Norwood (no disrespect, I am glad he is on the roster) that really solidifies the offence. I strongly suspect Hamilton will be in town on the 17th & they will give Ricky Ray & Co all they can handle. How ironic, Kackert is kept out of the season finale only to suffer this fate in practise.

ArgoRavi
11-09-2013, 05:09 PM
This is a huge loss for the Argos. Kackert gives the added dimension of break away speed that Norwood (no disrespect, I am glad he is on the roster) that really solidifies the offence. I strongly suspect Hamilton will be in town on the 17th & they will give Ricky Ray & Co all they can handle. How ironic, Kackert is kept out of the season finale only to suffer this fate in practise.

Kackert is the best all-purpose back that the Argos have and he does provide a burst that none of the other backs can. That was quite evident again during the last Winnipeg game.

ArgoGabe22
11-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Let Rod Black remind everyone that Norwood was the first player in NFL history to have his first two career touchdown runs each go 70+ yards.

Argo
11-09-2013, 08:01 PM
The Argos can not get into their own stadium (i.e., at the very least a venue with a quality playing field, where the team is not treated like garbage) soon enough!

No worries with Norwood staring, and he's quite capable of scampering in, say, 39+ yards for the TD, via either the run or the pass.

Will
11-10-2013, 05:41 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>As per <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Argos&amp;src=hash">#Argos</a> HC Scott Milanovich: RB Chad Kackert will not be available for Eastern Final, no timeline for recovery given.</p>&mdash; Toronto Argonauts (@TorontoArgos) <a href="https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos/statuses/399667851042504704">November 10, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1argoholic
11-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Not good but it will be nice to see Norwood pound some Hamilton db's down. Black is an asshole!

Neely2005
11-12-2013, 04:21 PM
He's out:

KACKERT OUT; ARGOS TURN TO NORWOOD, STEELE BACKFIELD

http://argonauts.ca/article/reaction-kackert-ruled-out-for-remainder-of-2013

ArgoGabe22
11-12-2013, 04:28 PM
Not a very good year for him. Hopefully he'll be back at 100% come Training Camp.

OV Argo
11-12-2013, 09:20 PM
What a tough loss - most explosive RB in the league when he's healthy IMO; but Norwood is quite capable - more power and has some burst and explosiveness too; I hope the Argos O does not totally abandon the run game - gotta run some still even with the way Ray has been playing (incredible passing accuracy and reads) - or the Ticats might tee off on pass rush and get to Ray and cause turn-overs or sack yardage losses.

argotom
11-12-2013, 09:27 PM
Kack is definitely a game changer.

Midnight Blue
11-12-2013, 09:59 PM
Kack is definitely a game changer.

I love Kackert too.

But since he's out, let us put both Norwood and Steele in the backfield.

Dammit, it would be nothing but, old school.

And it would scare the hell out of the Tabbies !

Ka' Pla !

gilthethrill
11-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Excellent article as always Paul. I can remember every single Eastern Final the Argos were involved in the 1980's, but for some reason I remember nothing about 1986. Reading that story made me feel sick as I must have after game 2.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8