PDA

View Full Version : Which device do you carry?

Wobbler
11-10-2013, 09:50 PM
In my experience, CFL-related apps are weak and unlikely to be key determinants in anyone's phone selection, but I'm curious about what my fellow Argo fans wield. Which is your preference, and why?

FWIW, I carry an HTC 8x. This is partly because of its low physical volume and friendly dimensions, partly because I quite like the Windows Phone interface, and partly because it's easy on the eyes. Apparently I'm fond of "California Blue"!

Midnight Blue
11-10-2013, 10:25 PM
I carry the original devices.

Edged weapons.

Their quantity and length is classified, of course.

Ka' Pla !

1argoholic
11-10-2013, 10:52 PM
I carry a wallet and vehicle keys and Rayban Wayfarers on eyes. One day could be truck keys, the other car.

Midnight Blue
11-10-2013, 11:00 PM
I carry a wallet and vehicle keys and Rayban Wayfarers on eyes. One day could be truck keys, the other car.

Rayban Wayfararers? Cool. One of my favourite Reggae bands. Eek-a-Mouse is still my favourite.

But then I'm old school.

Midnight Blue
11-10-2013, 11:11 PM
Ok, any thread that begins with Wobbler asking a serious question, and then me and then 1argoholic and then me responding, is not off to an auspicious start. So if anyone out there wields any reasonably inauspicious devices, now is your time to shine. We thank you in advance.

LLB997
11-11-2013, 05:42 AM
just to get this thread back on course, I carry an apple something or another. The CFL app needs work btw, TSN app is awesome

ArgoRavi
11-11-2013, 12:20 PM
I have a Motorola device with android. The CFL app did not work for me for some time but is working for me now.

Midnight Blue
11-12-2013, 10:27 PM
I have a Motorola device with android. The CFL app did not work for me for some time but is working for me now.

I carry a cellphone. It has no apps.

But congrats to you, ArgoRavi, for carrying a Motorola. Now that's, old school. I'm impressed.

On a side-note, I've heard/read somewhere, that there will be a new app coming out soon,

which will suggest to you, what apps to get and what to do with them, or at the very least,

suggest what apps to have, in case anyone ever (though I can't possibly imagine why), ever asks you,

"What apps do you have?"

No doubt Ti-Cat fans will have apps which show them once having teeth; albeit in their infancy, or shortly thereafter.

Wobbler
11-12-2013, 11:05 PM
Do you access this site from your phone, Ravi and LLB997? I'm curious about whether it is mobile device-friendly, in general. ArgoFans doesn't have a dedicated app (for obvious reasons), so the web interface needs to be mobile friendly.

In my experience (WP8) it is OK, but far from ideal. How is it from an iOS and Android perspective?

T-Bone
11-13-2013, 07:51 AM
Do you access this site from your phone, Ravi and LLB997? I'm curious about whether it is mobile device-friendly, in general. ArgoFans doesn't have a dedicated app (for obvious reasons), so the web interface needs to be mobile friendly.

In my experience (WP8) it is OK, but far from ideal. How is it from an iOS and Android perspective?
I have an iPhone 4S and I find this site works pretty well accessing it through Safari. Chrome is also available for iOS but I've never used it.

Mulder
11-13-2013, 02:31 PM

Vbullitian 5 is very mobile friendly. I don't feel it's worth the investment right now though.

I currently am using a blackberry z10 however, And with the recent update it has made browsing here much better. All the test resizes and it's mostly optimized.

Wobbler
11-13-2013, 05:40 PM
Mulder, have you ever considered the Tapatalk plugin? I originally thought it was free, which would have made it a lot more appealing (it's actually $99), but it is a decent way to give any vbulletin site an app interface. Whether enough Argofans users would use it to justify it is pretty debatable, though.

Argo57
11-13-2013, 07:37 PM
I carry a cellphone. It has no apps.

But congrats to you, ArgoRavi, for carrying a Motorola. Now that's, old school. I'm impressed.

On a side-note, I've heard/read somewhere, that there will be a new app coming out soon,

which will suggest to you, what apps to get and what to do with them, or at the very least,

suggest what apps to have, in case anyone ever (though I can't possibly imagine why), ever asks you,

"What apps do you have?"

No doubt Ti-Cat fans will have apps which show them once having teeth; albeit in their infancy, or shortly thereafter.

Love it Midnight Blue!!!!!!!

ArgoRavi
11-13-2013, 07:41 PM

I have accessed this site from my phone and it has worked okay for me but I only do that when I don't have access to my laptop such as when I am travelling.

Wobbler
11-15-2013, 11:47 PM
I have accessed this site from my phone and it has worked okay for me but I only do that when I don't have access to my laptop such as when I am travelling.
OK and thanks.

Neely2005
11-19-2013, 11:06 AM
I have a BlackBerry Z10 and a BlackBerry Q10 (work) and the site works well on both aside from the multi quote feature. The CFL App is just okay.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8