View Full Version : Realistic Crowd Estimate for EF ?

zontar
11-11-2013, 08:11 AM
I'm guessing 28,000.

Mulder
11-11-2013, 08:35 AM
Here's how it's looking right now (Nov 11th) I'll update daily if I can.

http://www.argofans.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=361&d=1384176837

Neely2005
11-11-2013, 09:19 AM
35000 - 40000.

EDIT: It looks like they're not opening the upper bowl so I'll change that to 32000.

zontar
11-11-2013, 09:28 AM
35000 - 40000.

For the usual media suspects that would still be too small.

argotom
11-11-2013, 10:02 AM
I am going on the hook as an Argo season ticket holder of many years and with this East Final match up, surprisingly not seen since 1986, that not only will Toronto wake up but the Hammer will likely bring in upward of 15k.
So we have to have 40k plus, in a city known for attending only a big "event"?

Neely2005
11-11-2013, 10:09 AM
We can only get to 40000 if they open the Upper Bowl. As of right now they're not going to do that.

AngeloV
11-11-2013, 11:16 AM
I'll be happy with 30,000 and a great atmosphere. They won't open the upper deck unless they are within 1,000 of a sellout on the current configuration by midweek, IMO. I really hope that people wanting to go, don't wait until game day to buy their tickets, because if they haven't prepared to open the 500 level by Sunday, they are not going to open it at the last minute.

argotom
11-11-2013, 12:07 PM
We can only get to 40000 if they open the Upper Bowl. As of right now they're not going to do that. Yes. Other Hamilton sites if you believe the posters have all kinds of action of multi ticket already being purchased on line.

rdavies
11-11-2013, 12:07 PM
Incentive from Kent Austin?
"One game for all the marbles, and half that stadium's gonna be our fans!" @ 2:20 (http://www.tsn.ca/videohub/?collection=72&show=106243)

ArgoRavi
11-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Incentive from Kent Austin?
"One game for all the marbles, and half that stadium's gonna be our fans!" @ 2:20 (http://www.tsn.ca/videohub/?collection=72&show=106243)

His Saskatchewan influence is showing through.

rdavies
11-11-2013, 12:18 PM
His Saskatchewan influence is showing through.Pretty good influence, they drew an average 37.5K/game this year.

ArgoRavi
11-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Pretty good influence, they drew an average 37.5K/game this year.

The influence I am referring to is how Rider fans claim that they make up a ridiculous percentage of the fans at opposition stadiums which the media feeds into. You will see claims this week that Saskatchewan fans are making up half of the attendance at McMahon this Sunday.

AngeloV
11-11-2013, 12:31 PM
Pretty good influence, they drew an average 37.5K/game this year.

Yet they had less than 31,000 yesterday. That is a bit of a head scratcher. Still a great crowd, but 6,500 less than their seasonal average makes no sense to me. It makes me think their season/flex pack sales were higher in order to guarantee the buyer a Grey Cup ticket.

paulwoods13
11-11-2013, 01:00 PM
It makes me think their season/flex pack sales were higher in order to guarantee the buyer a Grey Cup ticket.

Which likely happened here last year as well -- and this year the Argo org is paying for it as many buyers bailed out with no GC ticket on the horizon. The fact that the Argos won the GC also didn't help -- we already had the biggest GC and our team won; what else is there to cheer for, time to move on to other things, etc.

flafson
11-11-2013, 01:06 PM
Yet they had less than 31,000 yesterday. That is a bit of a head scratcher. Still a great crowd, but 6,500 less than their seasonal average makes no sense to me. It makes me think their season/flex pack sales were higher in order to guarantee the buyer a Grey Cup ticket.

It was -11C feeling like -20C, you'd need to pay me good money for me to go there, let alone pay them money for a ticket.

Ron
11-11-2013, 01:13 PM

Semi's are just not great sellers. Anywhere.

1argoholic
11-11-2013, 01:15 PM
Toronto and Hamilton in the Eastern Final for the first time since 86 should draw 40 thou. Open up the 500 level.

flafson
11-11-2013, 01:30 PM
I checked today as i ordered some tickets myself, there are quite a bit of selection left, i doubt they will sell everything.

rdavies
11-11-2013, 01:34 PM
Yet they had less than 31,000 yesterday. That is a bit of a head scratcher.I don't know why, but that seemed to happen to Winnipeg as well a few years ago. Sell out during the season and then come up well short during the playoffs.

Neely2005
11-11-2013, 01:41 PM
I don't know why, but that seemed to happen to Winnipeg as well a few years ago. Sell out during the season and then come up well short during the playoffs.

Price increase and temperature decrease for the playoffs.

Once we're gone I'm going to miss the Dome for cold game days.

argotom
11-11-2013, 01:57 PM
In fairness it is still early in the week.
With the two lower bowls at around 33k capacity, yes the 500 has to be opened up to get our objective.

ArgoRavi
11-11-2013, 02:01 PM
As Ron alluded to, semi-final playoff games have been notoriously tough sells over the years. Even in the NFL and NHL, it can be challenging to sell all of the tickets for an early round playoff game. In the CFL, divisional finals tend to be much easier sells and we will see if that holds true this year. Calgary will likely sell out their game at 35k+. One advantage that teams hosting divisional final games have is that they have at least one extra week to peddle tickets. In the case of both Calgary and Toronto, they will have had more than three weeks to sell tickets for this game.

matchuk
11-11-2013, 02:08 PM
im going to say 32,000 for sunday

argotom
11-11-2013, 03:15 PM
The problems I can tell you we are going to have on Sunday and this is not an excuse will be travel wise.
I usually do drive to the game and park near the dome, however there is no chance of this happening.
Sunday afternoon will be the big Santa Claus parade and most downtown streets will be blocked off for traffic, it will be a nightmare.
So subways and GO train is the only way I am afraid.

argotom
11-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Re my post above, this is another reason for the Argo stadium to be built away from the downtown and in the burbs near the highways.

AngeloV
11-11-2013, 03:32 PM
The problems I can tell you we are going to have on Sunday and this is not an excuse will be travel wise.
I usually do drive to the game and park near the dome, however there is no chance of this happening.
Sunday afternoon will be the big Santa Claus parade and most downtown streets will be blocked off for traffic, it will be a nightmare.

I plan on driving. My route is going to be to take the DVP to the Gardner and exit at Sherbourne. Go north to the first light (Esplanade) and turn left. On the Esplanade there is a huge Green P parking lot (5 levels) that runs from Jarvis to almost Yonge. Parking max is $9 if you exit before 6 (if you stay past 6, then it is an additional $5 max). Not too long a walk to the dome, and the parade will not interfere with your drive down on this route.

Parade starts at 12:30 at Christie Pitts and ends at Wellington/Front and Jarvis, likely while the game is still being played.

T-Bone
11-11-2013, 03:34 PM
Re my post above, this is another reason for the Argo stadium to be built away from the downtown and in the burbs near the highways.
The highways are unaffected by the Santa Claus parade. http://www.thesantaclausparade.com/ I would argue that the parade affects people in Toronto going to the game more so than those coming from outside Toronto.

Rich
11-11-2013, 03:37 PM
The fact that the Argos won the GC also didn't help -- we already had the biggest GC and our team won; what else is there to cheer for, time to move on to other things, etc.

Ah, the morning-after syndrome. People lose interest after the team finally wins the championship. Never was this more true for the Argos than in 1984, eh Paul?

But what's up with that? Is it a Toronto thing? Did we lose interest in the Blue Jays after they won TWO? Why not MORE interest after you win?

This is worth a thread of its own. Or maybe a book.

Rich
11-11-2013, 03:51 PM
We can only get to 40000 if they open the Upper Bowl. As of right now they're not going to do that.

For what it's worth, the guy running a beer stand told me last week that all the concessions in the upper deck were told they'd be working the Eastern Final. He said ticket sales were apparently pretty good already last week. I'm guessing they are already selling group sales up in the 500s.

I think 40,000 is definitely possible.

argotom
11-11-2013, 05:04 PM
I plan on driving. My route is going to be to take the DVP to the Gardner and exit at Sherbourne. Go north to the first light (Esplanade) and turn left. On the Esplanade there is a huge Green P parking lot (5 levels) that runs from Jarvis to almost Yonge. Parking max is $9 if you exit before 6 (if you stay past 6, then it is an additional $5 max). Not too long a walk to the dome, and the parade will not interfere with your drive down on this route.

Parade starts at 12:30 at Christie Pitts and ends at Wellington/Front and Jarvis, likely while the game is still being played. I thought about driving this route as well, but it's the parking spots or lack thereof that I am worried about.

Neely2005
11-11-2013, 06:08 PM

Raptors home game at 1PM too.

ArgoZ
11-11-2013, 06:39 PM
In fairness it is still early in the week.
With the two lower bowls at around 33k capacity, yes the 500 has to be opened up to get our objective.

Lower capacity used to be 32 before Rogers removed a few rows of seats near the concourse. It's just over 31 now including endzone seating and handicap seating all around the 100 level.

ArgoZ
11-11-2013, 06:45 PM
Raptors home game at 1PM too.

Which sucks for the Go Train. Leaving the Argos game to find the trains already jammed with Raps or Leafs fans is a bummer. With the Raps, Argos and the currently popular Aquarium, there could be 60 thousand people trying to park, ride the subway and ride the Go this Sunday!

Argo57
11-11-2013, 06:48 PM
33500 in attendance, I have purchased 5 tickets for this game, hopefully some "casual" Argonaut fans buy some tickets for this one, would be nice to outnumber Ticat fans at our own "home" game!!

LLB997
11-11-2013, 07:07 PM
33500 in attendance, I have purchased 5 tickets for this game, hopefully some "casual" Argonaut fans buy some tickets for this one, would be nice to outnumber Ticat fans at our own "home" game!! nice, way to do your part brother. have a great time. Lee

Argo57
11-11-2013, 07:50 PM
nice, way to do your part brother. have a great time. Lee

Thanks Lee
I'll let you know by about 4:00pm whether it was a great time or not, one can only hope.
Asking all my fellow Argofans, is it just me or are you all getting antsy to get this game going as well??

jerrym
11-11-2013, 08:14 PM
My guesstimate on the attendance is 36,000.

flafson
11-11-2013, 08:24 PM
Looks like Hamilton is working hard at it, the away side of the stadium looks full while the home side only looks about 80%.

mint83
11-11-2013, 08:29 PM
Too bad the parade and Raptors game are on the same day as the EF. Without those events going on, I think there is a chance this game would have got fans attention and made them want to buy up tickets like the 91 EF, 04 SF or 05 EF did (ya, I’m going way back in time). I think Argo fans should drive to their nearest subway station or a station closer in to the dome to get to the game. Subway isn’t so bad(?). Go all the way on public transportation and you can even have some drinks at the game worry free.

ArgoRavi
11-11-2013, 08:32 PM
Here is an update on brisk ticket sales from Frank Zicarelli: http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/11/excitement-builds-over-dream-east-final-between-toronto-argonauts-hamilton-tiger-cats

argotom
11-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Too bad the parade and Raptors game are on the same day as the EF. Without those events going on, I think there is a chance this game would have got fans attention and made them want to buy up tickets like the 91 EF, 04 SF or 05 EF did (ya, I’m going way back in time). I think Argo fans should drive to their nearest subway station or a station closer in to the dome to get to the game. Subway isn’t so bad(?). Go all the way on public transportation and you can even have some drinks at the game worry free. The parade is my worry as no one cares about the Craptors.

paulwoods13
11-11-2013, 09:02 PM
The parade is my worry as no one cares about the Craptors.

Apart from the 16,000-19,000 spectators who will go to their game, that is.

AngeloV
11-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Apart from the 16,000-19,000 spectators who will go to their game, that is.

LOL!!! I may not care too much for the Raptors or Blue Jays, but even I don't make claims like that.

zontar
11-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Indulge in more than my fair share of sports media criticism but recently the Sun's Simmons correctly pointed out how fringe the Raptors are . Considering the corporate heavyweights and media helper monkeys that enable them that took some stones on Simmons part.

argotom
11-11-2013, 09:20 PM
Apart from the 16,000-19,000 spectators who will go to their game, that is. If you believe those numbers? Some of which are hockey fans have been bribed to also buy Raptors tickets.

AngeloV
11-11-2013, 09:22 PM
Indulge in more than my fair share of sports media criticism but recently the Sun's Simmons correctly pointed out how fringe the Raptors are . Considering the corporate heavyweights and media helper monkeys that enable them that took some stones on Simmons part.

You need to take that with a grain of salt. Simmons thrives on writing negative columns. Since the Leafs have been better lately, he needs someone else to pick on. If the Raptors were contending, no way in hell he writes anything negative about them. The only exception being the Argos. Even if they are winning, he has his semi-annual (at least) column about how nobody cares.

AngeloV
11-11-2013, 09:24 PM
If you believe those numbers? Some of which are hockey fans have been bribed to also buy Raptors tickets.

AT, try going to a scalper before either game, and tell me which game is commanding the higher price. I hate to say it, but I bet it will be the Raptors game.

argotom
11-11-2013, 09:39 PM
AT, try going to a scalper before either game, and tell me which game is commanding the higher price. I hate to say it, but I bet it will be the Raptors game. There's no accounting for taste AV! All I know, during the sports highlights of Craptors games and especially this year, tons of fans are disguised as empty seats. Who is fudging these numbers when the ludicrous announced numbers are made.

DoubleBlue1873
11-11-2013, 09:44 PM
Judging by today's Ticketmaster interactive seat map, quite a few tickets (i.e several thousand) have sold in the last 24 hours. And here's what Zicarelli's reporting in today's Sun:

In the Argos’ boardroom, a decision will ultimately have to be made on whether to open up the 500 level at Rogers Centre.
“That’s the debate we’re having right now,’’ said Argos executive chairman and CEO Chris Rudge. “We don’t do it unless the lower bowl is basically sold out. We’re moving in that direction.”
What’s trending is the demand for tickets among Ticats fans, who weren’t exactly sold on the idea of watching their beloved football team play its home games at Guelph as a new stadium gets built in the Hammer.
Rudge revealed that 2,000 tickets for this Sunday’s East final were sold in the immediate aftermath of Hamilton’s overtime win against Montreal in the divisional semifinal.
“They were all purchased by Hamiltonians,’’ Rudge said. “It just gives you the level of interest and anticipation for this football game. We could have a pretty good house.”
Corporate suites are moving, the football buzz is palpable and the CFL doesn’t have to worry about the state of football in the fickle southern Ontario market.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and agree with the 35K-40K estimate, assuming the Argos brass decides to open the 500 level by Wednesday or Thursday. Should be a great day for football in Southern Ontario!

Will
11-11-2013, 09:44 PM
I really don't understand your almost pathological hatred towards any sport that isn't the CFL.

I've asked this before and I'll ask it again: what good is an uptick for this game if it is going to be on the back of fans that will be cheering for the visitors? Sure it is revenue, but all people will write about is how many Ticat fans there were.

argotom
11-11-2013, 10:06 PM
I really don't understand your almost pathological hatred towards any sport that isn't the CFL.

I've asked this before and I'll ask it again: what good is an uptick for this game if it is going to be on the back of fans that will be cheering for the visitors? Sure it is revenue, but all people will write about is how many Ticat fans there were. Similar to what happens to the Leafs on road games with the masses attending? I don't get you point?

AngeloV
11-11-2013, 10:06 PM
There's no accounting for taste AV! All I know, during the sports highlights of Craptors games and especially this year, tons of fans are disguised as empty seats. Who is fudging these numbers when the ludicrous announced numbers are made.

Again, that is not saying much for the team we all love on here. People have been saying this about the Argos for years. Were you at the Winnipeg game a couple of weeks ago? Can you honestly tell me there were 18k + in the stands that night? I won tickets from TSN radio that day and gave them to a friend and was actually quite embarrassed about the size of the crowd than night.

argotom
11-11-2013, 10:30 PM
Again, that is not saying much for the team we all love on here. People have been saying this about the Argos for years. Were you at the Winnipeg game a couple of weeks ago? Can you honestly tell me there were 18k + in the stands that night? I won tickets from TSN radio that day and gave them to a friend and was actually quite embarrassed about the size of the crowd than night.I am a season ticket holder. No dispute, there is a big difference of the announced crowds for the Argos this year and the estimated actual bums in the seats. I am sure all sporting teams have this scenario, save and except the Leafs.

argos1873
11-12-2013, 01:08 AM
I was looking forward to going to this, but because of the typhoon that hit the Philippines, I had to send a bunch of money to my wife who just happened to be visiting there with my son. They were directly in the typhoon's path, but survived. But the family house didn't do so well, so time to rebuild. So minus 2 from me. :(

argolio
11-12-2013, 01:22 AM
I was looking forward to going to this, but because of the typhoon that hit the Philippines, I had to send a bunch of money to my wife who just happened to be visiting there with my son. They were directly in the typhoon's path, but survived. But the family house didn't do so well, so time to rebuild. So minus 2 from me. :(Wow! Glad to hear your family is safe.

argos1873
11-12-2013, 01:53 AM
Wow! Glad to hear your family is safe.

Thank you for your concerns. It means a lot. Its been a stressful weekend. But my family is safe and sound away from the disaster area, so I'll still be able to cheer on the Argos on their way to their Grey Cup win, just won't be able to go to the final like I wanted, but no problem. I'm going to the Philippines on the 27th, and will see what the devastation is like with my own 2 eyes. With the good come the bad. An Argo win would be good.

Neely2005
11-12-2013, 07:05 AM
Ah, the morning-after syndrome. People lose interest after the team finally wins the championship. Never was this more true for the Argos than in 1984, eh Paul?

But what's up with that? Is it a Toronto thing? Did we lose interest in the Blue Jays after they won TWO? Why not MORE interest after you win?

I guess that explains why the leafs are so popular then. :-)

Neely2005
11-12-2013, 07:11 AM

The Raptors only had 54000 Viewers for their Home Opener:

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/02/nhl-dealing-with-more-fighting-injuries-this-week

(Scroll down)

Neely2005
11-12-2013, 07:13 AM
AT, try going to a scalper before either game, and tell me which game is commanding the higher price. I hate to say it, but I bet it will be the Raptors game.

Supply and demand. And there's a lot less supply for an event at the ACC than there is for an event at the Rogers Centre.

Neely2005
11-12-2013, 07:19 AM
I was looking forward to going to this, but because of the typhoon that hit the Philippines, I had to send a bunch of money to my wife who just happened to be visiting there with my son. They were directly in the typhoon's path, but survived. But the family house didn't do so well, so time to rebuild. So minus 2 from me. :(

Glad to hear that they're okay!

paulwoods13
11-12-2013, 08:08 AM

I would love to know if it is just a Toronto thing but it definitely afflicted the Argos in both 1984 and 2013, and probably 1992 as well. Not sure about 1998 but attendance was so terrible in 1996 and '97 that it may have been hard to tell. It took a couple of years to affect the Blue Jays but then a long and steep erosion of interest occurred. The true test would be if the Leafs ever win the Cup, do people start to lose interest? In 1984 it was as if a pressure valve that had been building for 31 years was suddenly released -- I imagine the pressure is building up much more with the Leafs. I do think there is a potential book in it, some day.

Mulder
11-12-2013, 08:26 AM
Yesterday

http://www.argofans.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=368&d=1384262712

Today

http://www.argofans.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=367&d=1384262699

Of the Ticat Side that's left, There is mostly singles showing. Especially between 128-134C After that there is a few pairs. And most of 134D is available.

Lots more pairs on the Argo side. 200 level maybe 50%-60% sold and most unsold seats are after the goal lines.

I think we are currently trending towards 29,000. We will see how today turns out.

Mulder
11-12-2013, 08:35 AM
Which really gets to the other problem of the dome. of the 32,000ish seats in the 100& 200 levels. nearly 8,000 of them are behind the goal lines. (I just did a rough estimate of 200 per section, and 27 sections behind goal lines)

Edit: I didn't even include 117, 129, 134C/D 109C/D.

Neely2005
11-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Well that's just great my season tickets are on the visitors side, lol. We have 6 tickets to the game.

zontar
11-12-2013, 12:12 PM
Hate to be negative but I hope decision makers dont hold off on opening 500 level too long. There will be a considerable walk up crowd game day and if only odds and sods are left in lower bowl its going to translate into long lineups right up to kick-off. We've all seen this happen before.

294life
11-12-2013, 12:45 PM
I would love to know if it is just a Toronto thing but it definitely afflicted the Argos in both 1984 and 2013, and probably 1992 as well. Not sure about 1998 but attendance was so terrible in 1996 and '97 that it may have been hard to tell. It took a couple of years to affect the Blue Jays but then a long and steep erosion of interest occurred. The true test would be if the Leafs ever win the Cup, do people start to lose interest? In 1984 it was as if a pressure valve that had been building for 31 years was suddenly released -- I imagine the pressure is building up much more with the Leafs. I do think there is a potential book in it, some day.

In 2011 it happened to the als. At least it took two championships for interest to start waning whilst after 2009 there was a definite peak of interest.

294life
11-12-2013, 12:47 PM
Which really gets to the other problem of the dome. of the 32,000ish seats in the 100& 200 levels. nearly 8,000 of them are behind the goal lines. (I just did a rough estimate of 200 per section, and 27 sections behind goal lines)

Edit: I didn't even include 117, 129, 134C/D 109C/D.

I'll be in 109D. You can still see pretty much everything in that corner. I'm hoping for at least 40,000. 50 would be a real stretch.

argotom
11-12-2013, 01:09 PM
Hate to be negative but I hope decision makers dont hold off on opening 500 level too long. There will be a considerable walk up crowd game day and if only odds and sods are left in lower bowl its going to translate into long lineups right up to kick-off. We've all seen this happen before. I would suggest they may wait until Thursday-Friday before making that decision. Of course, more sales in the lower bowls would hasten this.

Downtownfan
11-12-2013, 01:27 PM
Upper level (500) now showing up on Ticketmaster, though no availability-- not sure what that means, but looks like the upper levels are going to be opened for the game.

Mulder
11-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Upper level (500) now showing up on Ticketmaster, though no availability-- not sure what that means, but looks like the upper levels are going to be opened for the game.

North endzone is open and forsale. Some tickets have already moved.

You'll also notice the Argos home side says "Bills" Oppsie!

Downtownfan
11-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Weird-- 500 levels just disappeared from ticketmaster now.

LLB997
11-12-2013, 05:33 PM
with 4 days till gameday and so much availability on the 200 level I would be surprised to see significant crowds in the 500 level if they open it at all.

ArgoGabe22
11-12-2013, 05:59 PM
Just checked ticketmaster and for some reason the select you own seat (which Mulder has posted) option is no longer working.

Tau Ceti
11-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Just checked ticketmaster and for some reason the select you own seat (which Mulder has posted) option is no longer working.

The seat map has been down almost all afternoon and evening. There's a note displayed now: "A problem has forced us to turn off the Interactive Seat Map and any selected seats will be removed. Click OK to let us find the best available seats for you." ...but when you click OK you can't do anything.

Pretty huge SNAFU.

ArgoZ
11-12-2013, 07:53 PM
Supply and demand. And there's a lot less supply for an event at the ACC than there is for an event at the Rogers Centre.

According to some on here, there's hardly any demand for Raptors. That puzzles me, because I went to the game against crappy Utah on Saturday and there was 17 000 there. Raps lower bowl sidelines average $150-300.

ArgoZ
11-12-2013, 07:58 PM
If you believe those numbers? Some of which are hockey fans have been bribed to also buy Raptors tickets.

Whether they are a hockey fan or a players family member, they are still spectators, LOL. How about we just get rid of all other sports in the world and only play CFL, no wait, Argo football. Argos playing the Argonauts in the Argo Football League. Sometimes AT sounds like such a communist.

argotom
11-12-2013, 08:20 PM
Whether they are a hockey fan or a players family member, they are still spectators, LOL. How about we just get rid of all other sports in the world and only play CFL, no wait, Argo football. Argos playing the Argonauts in the Argo Football League. Sometimes AT sounds like such a communist. I am a "commy", eh! How about a proud Canadian who makes no apology and believes the CFL is the best and we have to do everything possible to protect this treasure and one of the last vestiges of Canadiana left. Just like the CRTC, which protects the Arts I am for legislating same if necessary. Although the league is doing fine on its own, again being the second most popular sport in our country. I can relate to this sport and the salaries paid to the athletes, I cannot relate to the others which are mostly run like a cut throat business paying obscene salaries.

argotom
11-12-2013, 08:21 PM
Back to the topic, let's open it up all seats at the 500 a straight $25.00, start advertising tomorrow in the papers and radio.

Neely2005
11-12-2013, 08:37 PM
According to some on here, there's hardly any demand for Raptors. That puzzles me, because I went to the game against crappy Utah on Saturday and there was 17 000 there. Raps lower bowl sidelines average $150-300.

I can't speak to that but I know that I've never had any difficulty getting tickets to the Raptors and the ratings are lousy.

ArgoZ
11-12-2013, 08:55 PM
I am a "commy", eh! How about a proud Canadian who makes no apology and believes the CFL is the best and we have to do everything possible to protect this treasure and one of the last vestiges of Canadiana left. Just like the CRTC, which protects the Arts I am for legislating same if necessary. Although the league is doing fine on its own, again being the second most popular sport in our country. I can relate to this sport and the salaries paid to the athletes, I cannot relate to the others which are mostly run like a cut throat business paying obscene salaries.

I agree on the salaries. It is refreshing to have a league like the CFL. I also agree on defending and protecting it too. Just no need to put down or destroy something that doesn't conform to your standards. Let it be and keep cheering on your Argonauts!

ArgoGabe22
11-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Can the Raptors talk at least stay out of at one Argo thread?

AaronInToronto
11-12-2013, 09:58 PM
I'm going to state 31,300. Would be more, but Santa parade and a decently performing Raptors might steal some of the walk-up potential.

herrington2828
11-12-2013, 11:00 PM
go on ticketmaster.ca .. interactive map disabled and is showing the 500 level, just can't get tix there yet .. I am saying an AM announcement opening the 500 level. WOOOO ARGOS. We have 27 of us in Section 115 SO GET FIRED UP TORONTOOOOOOO

ArgoRavi
11-12-2013, 11:06 PM
I'm going to state 31,300. Would be more, but Santa parade and a decently performing Raptors might steal some of the walk-up potential.

I have never really thought that there was much overlap between Argos and Raptors fans. I don't know why I have thought that exactly but I wonder how many people support and follow both of those teams.

Anyway, it sounds like they may be approaching the mid 20,000 range already for the EF so a crowd of 35k+ is not out of the question IMO. The sooner they open up the 500 level, the more likely such a crowd becomes. Going back to past East Finals over the last three decades that the Argos have hosted, these are the attendance figures:

1982 43,432 vs. Ottawa
1983 54,530 vs. Hamilton
1984 48,414 vs. Hamilton
1986 32,041 vs. Hamilton (Game 2 of two-game total point series)
1988 26.091 vs. Winnipeg
1991 50,380 vs. Winnipeg
1996 28,390 vs. Montreal
1997 30,085 vs. Montreal (according to the Pro Football Archives site but I seem to recall more than 32k at that game so it might have been 32,085 instead)
2005 44,211 vs. Montreal
2007 33,467 vs. Winnipeg

argofandave
11-13-2013, 12:31 AM
My 1998 Argo Media Guide shows a crowd of 32,085 for the 1997 EF.

Mulder
11-13-2013, 07:02 AM
Today

http://www.argofans.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=371&d=1384343942

Yesterday

http://www.argofans.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=372&d=1384343954

Monday

http://www.argofans.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=373&d=1384343954

Jarid
11-13-2013, 08:54 AM
I just bought tickets, and the 200 level has lots of unsold seats.

Neely2005
11-13-2013, 11:25 AM
Hate to be negative but I hope decision makers dont hold off on opening 500 level too long. There will be a considerable walk up crowd game day and if only odds and sods are left in lower bowl its going to translate into long lineups right up to kick-off. We've all seen this happen before.

Yeah Ticketmaster has this note on their website now:

Note: Expect lineups for game day ticket sales at Stadium - BUY TICKETS IN ADVANCE. Advance purchase and pickup STRONGLY RECOMMENDED to avoid Will Call lineups at Stadium.

argotom
11-13-2013, 03:08 PM
My tickets came in the mail.

zontar
11-13-2013, 04:35 PM
Opening of 500 level is imminent so says Mike Hogan.

Jarid
11-13-2013, 04:42 PM
The Argos just posted on Facebook that the 500 level will be open

Tau Ceti
11-13-2013, 04:42 PM

What ought to be imminent is getting the frickin' tickmaster map fixed.

Mulder
11-13-2013, 04:45 PM
What ought to be imminent is getting the frickin' tickmaster map fixed.

Works for me on my z10. They haven't opened the 500 level yet but it may take a few minutes

argotom
11-13-2013, 07:10 PM
That's great to hear about the 500.
I would have priced the tickets at $25 though and encouraged kids and students throughout the city to fill err up.

Neely2005
11-13-2013, 08:05 PM

Yeah it's on the website now:

http://m.argonauts.ca/article/argos-to-open-additional-seating-in-500-level-for-sundays-eastern-final

jerrym
11-13-2013, 09:36 PM
Good to see there will be a large crowd and good to see some favourable media coverage. When was the last time you saw a newspaper title like the one below?

Excitement builds over dream East final between Toronto Argonauts, Hamilton Tiger-Cats

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2013/11/11/excitement-builds-over-dream-east-final-between-toronto-argonauts-hamilton-tiger-cats

cflsteve
11-13-2013, 10:19 PM
The 100 and 200 levels are basically sold out right now mostly just specalted with singles left from the endzone with the video board all the way around. The 200 level corner seats behind the end zone are filling up every time a look less than half for those six sections. The recently opened 100 level seats under the Video Board are starting to move as well looks like chunks of sections are being bought.
Also the 500 behind the Argos bench between the 20 yard lines are officially open but not showing up on the seat map as of yet.
Looks like it will be at least 35K easily. The more buzz the more sell.
I could see a nice walk up crowd as well as long as they now there will be seats waiting to get them on game day

jerrym
11-13-2013, 10:43 PM
The only bad thing about the large attendance and all the media attention the Argos are getting is that Rogers will be working overtime to give the Argos a more screwed up schedule of games for next year, if that's possible.

Ballstothewall
11-13-2013, 11:05 PM
Even if we get a crowd of 35,000, with 80% of those fans cheering the Argos, the T.O media will report that half of those fans came from Hamilton, because showing there is still a good market for CFL football in T.O is a no, no

cflsteve
11-13-2013, 11:59 PM
Even if we get a crowd of 35,000, with 80% of those fans cheering the Argos, the T.O media will report that half of those fans came from Hamilton, because showing there is still a good market for CFL football in T.O is a no, no

I think now that some real numbers are coming out via TV that most people are wise to the fact that the GTA is still loaded with Argo fans and a Ti Cat Argos east final is proving to be something special and a Headline event.
Fans who are usually watching on TV outside Toronto's Downtown will be now coming down from the north of the city York and Durham as well as from the south of Hamilton and meeting in the Middle

T-Bone
11-14-2013, 08:55 AM
The only bad thing about the large attendance and all the media attention the Argos are getting is that Rogers will be working overtime to give the Argos a more screwed up schedule of games for next year, if that's possible.
:confused:

I'm pretty sure there will be more Ti-Cats fans at Rogers Centre on Sunday than Argos fans.

mchesher03
11-14-2013, 09:31 AM
We can speculate all we want (and we will) but I find it a little much to say in a crowd of 35 – 40k that there will be 17-20k backing the ticats in that crowd. I may eat my words on Sunday but I doubt it. I don’t really care – I’ll be there to watch the double blue send them home without a cup appearance yet again </SPAN></SPAN></SPAN>

flafson
11-14-2013, 09:33 AM

To be honest, i'd be shocked if it would be 80%, probably more like 60%.

herrington2828
11-14-2013, 10:02 AM
Well they opened up the seats under the jumbotron for the first time in my 9 years as a Season Ticket holder from what I can remember (aside from the GC)500 Level behind Argos bench is also now open .. only stupid thing, is how can you charge $38? I was thinking like $20 .. My 100 level seasons are only $30 a few rows from the field :S

flafson
11-14-2013, 10:04 AM
It's actually $36 so if you call the Argos and get more than 2 tickets, they will probably give them to you for $29.

AngeloV
11-14-2013, 10:24 AM

I'm pretty sure there will be more Ti-Cats fans at Rogers Centre on Sunday than Argos fans.

Was this intended to be sarcastic?

Neely2005
11-14-2013, 10:30 AM
Well they opened up the seats under the jumbotron for the first time in my 9 years as a Season Ticket holder from what I can remember (aside from the GC)500 Level behind Argos bench is also now open .. only stupid thing, is how can you charge $38? I was thinking like $20 .. My 100 level seasons are only $30 a few rows from the field :S

Season tickets are discounted and playoff games cost more. The farther into the playoffs the more they cost.

T-Bone
11-14-2013, 10:51 AM
Was this intended to be sarcastic?
Nope. I would say the crowd is probably going to be Ti-Cat heavy. 50/50 at best.

Argonauter
11-14-2013, 12:10 PM
@tsnmikehogan (http://twitter.com/tsnmikehogan/): #Argos (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Argos) have sold 1,500 seats in upper deck since 10am.

1argoholic
11-14-2013, 12:29 PM
Well T Bone might be correct. If I were a TiCat fan I'd do everything in my power to make it to TO for the game with mocking Rob Ford signs. The stupid ass got all rude to the media today dropping a pussy eating comment while wearing an Argo jersey. This walking Gong Show is just so full of clASS.

T-Bone
11-14-2013, 01:12 PM
Well T Bone might be correct. If I were a TiCat fan I'd do everything in my power to make it to TO for the game with mocking Rob Ford signs. The stupid ass got all rude to the media today dropping a pussy eating comment while wearing an Argo jersey. This walking Gong Show is just so full of clASS.
The Ti-Cat fans defiantly have a lot of material to work with. I honestly hope I'm wrong and the crowd is Argo fan heavy but we'll just have to wait and see.

Neely2005
11-14-2013, 01:14 PM
@tsnmikehogan (http://twitter.com/tsnmikehogan/): #Argos (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Argos) have sold 1,500 seats in upper deck since 10am.

Good news. Also it was clever of them to put the Argonauts side of the 500 Level on sale first.

AngeloV
11-14-2013, 01:52 PM
Season tickets are discounted and playoff games cost more. The farther into the playoffs the more they cost.

My playoff ticket cost the same as my average per game season ticket.

Neely2005
11-14-2013, 02:03 PM

Yeah as Season Ticket holders the Argonauts treat us very well but that's not how most teams do it. I was speaking about regular tickets though.

Will
11-14-2013, 02:49 PM
I recall that before the Grey Cup there were concerns at how Argo-heavy the crowd would be. I say that those concerns were thrown out pretty quickly. We'll see how it plays out on Sunday.

flafson
11-14-2013, 03:23 PM
Just looked at Ticketmaster and the lower bowl is pretty much sold out besides the seats below the video board.

Argonauter
11-14-2013, 07:22 PM
Just looked at Ticketmaster and the lower bowl is pretty much sold out besides the seats below the video board.

When you go and look closely it looks like around 30,000 tickets are sold so far with two days to go plus gameday sales.

Argo57
11-14-2013, 07:29 PM

Same here Angelo, pricing for Level 500 seats sounds a little rich to me, I guess the demand seems to be there so they might as well cash in while they can!!

argotom
11-14-2013, 08:20 PM
Same here Angelo, pricing for Level 500 seats sounds a little rich to me, I guess the demand seems to be there so they might as well cash in while they can!! I previously said all 500 seats should be a flat $25.00.

AngeloV
11-14-2013, 09:51 PM
Same here Angelo, pricing for Level 500 seats sounds a little rich to me, I guess the demand seems to be there so they might as well cash in while they can!!

Wouldn't surprise me if Rogers is charging such a high fee to open the additional sections that there is a need to price the tickets higher in order to make it worthwhile.

Tau Ceti
11-14-2013, 10:25 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if Rogers is charging such a high fee to open the additional sections that there is a need to price the tickets higher in order to make it worthwhile.

I see two good reasons to make the 500 tickets relatively pricey:

1. They ought to be more expensive then the cheapest seats previously available so that those who've already ordered don't feel cheated. End zone seats were going for $29 or so a week ago, so a a nine dollar mark up feels fair.
2. The team wants to create a sense of scarcity and give the whole event a high end feel. From what I've heard from Rudge on this point, he genuinely doesn't believe in cheapening prices simply for the sake of inflating attendance. I believe this is the right way to do things.

FWIW Tickets on StubHub have started at +$45 or better since the game was announced. For the first time this season, AFAIK, the secondary market has prices higher than face value. This looks good on the team.

Ballstothewall
11-15-2013, 12:03 AM

yeah, much like for the 2 Ticats game this year, which averaged about 28,000, only to be told by media and Cats fans, that they made up to half or 14,000 for those games, which was not even close. All i ask, is have a really good look around, check out when the Ticats score, and really see if 50% are for the Cats. If the Argos get 35,000, i say, 8,000 will be Cat fans

flafson
11-15-2013, 12:26 AM
I'm getting a bit worried about traffic and parking on gameday, any plans, tips you guys can share?
I'm coming from Thornhill and usually an hour prior should be enough but i think i might need 1.5-2 hours prior since there are so many things going on at the same time.

Neely2005
11-15-2013, 07:12 AM
I'm getting a bit worried about traffic and parking on gameday, any plans, tips you guys can share?
I'm coming from Thornhill and usually an hour prior should be enough but i think i might need 1.5-2 hours prior since there are so many things going on at the same time.

If you're coming from Thornhill why not drive to Finch Station and park for free? You can also get a TTC day pass for around $10 and it's good for 2 adults and 4 kids.

1argoholic
11-15-2013, 07:36 AM
Santa Claus Parade, Raptor and Marlie games some other thing and the most important Argonaut game.

flafson
11-15-2013, 12:49 PM
If you're coming from Thornhill why not drive to Finch Station and park for free? You can also get a TTC day pass for around $10 and it's good for 2 adults and 4 kids.

TTC alone is kinda what parking near Rogers Center is.

Neely2005
11-15-2013, 01:01 PM
Santa Claus Parade, Raptor and Marlie games some other thing and the most important Argonaut game.

Marlie game isn't until 5PM though. The Raptors game and the Santa Claus Parade are on at the same time as the Argonauts game.

TTC alone is kinda what parking near Rogers Center is.

Parking + Gas + Wear/Tear + Traffic/Frustration...

AngeloV
11-15-2013, 01:39 PM

My trip also starts from Thornhill.

As I mentioned in another thead, take the DVP to Gardner and get off at Sherbourne. Go north to Esplanade (first light) and turn left. There is a huge Green P parking lot that goes from almost Jaris to almost Yonge. Parking is $9 until 6pm. Then walk along Front to get to the dome.

flafson
11-15-2013, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the tip, sounds like the parking lot near the Globe and Mail that is near Spadina and Front is closer though.

Mulder
11-15-2013, 02:26 PM
Usually park in this lot too. We will see what I do come Sunday. Never. Ever. Use this lot for a leafs game how every. Took is over an hour to get out one time.

AngeloV
11-15-2013, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the tip, sounds like the parking lot near the Globe and Mail that is near Spadina and Front is closer though.

Probably, but I find the further west I park, the harder it is to get back out of the downtown core towards the DVP.

Deerkeeper
11-15-2013, 03:44 PM
Well it's no problem for me to get there. Straight down the 400 to the 401 then over to the Allen then into the Wilson Subway Station. Free to park and I am downtown in about 20 min. Coming back will be the problem as we are likely going to be shoehorned in to the train like sardines. Would have been much better if this game started at 4PM.

argotom
11-15-2013, 05:52 PM
Besides the traffic flow or lack thereof, the parking spaces will be at a premium.

tc23
11-15-2013, 09:11 PM
4 more section have been opened in the 500 level !!

ArgoZ
11-16-2013, 11:59 AM
Besides the traffic flow or lack thereof, the parking spaces will be at a premium.

Unfortunately parking around the stadium will be $22 and up, $30 under the dome. The best place on weekends is the Globe and Mail parking lot. It is a short walk and $5! Get there at least an hour early. Only visa and change are accepted at the machines. I try to not let too many know about this hidden lot, but for the Argofans forum, it's all good.

argotom
11-16-2013, 01:10 PM
I am going to park free at the Go station lot and for what $10 return take the train.

Neely2005
11-17-2013, 08:58 AM
The pregame tailgate party has been canceled due to the rain.

matchuk
11-17-2013, 10:07 AM
The pregame tailgate party has been canceled due to the rain.

i got that email....what a joke....that is part of the problem with fanbase

i guess a mild +7 with a wet ground isnt ideal for tailgating

rdavies
11-17-2013, 11:24 AM
This thread kinda got off track, does anybody have a reasonable last minutes guesstimate of the expected crowd.

Deerkeeper
11-17-2013, 11:37 AM
The pregame tailgate party has been canceled due to the rain.I am in front of Skydome right now and I think they were a bit premature. Argonotes are making lots of noise however.

Neely2005
11-17-2013, 12:24 PM
We're at Boston Pizza across from the Rogers Centre , 90+% Ticat fans here.

Neely2005
11-17-2013, 12:37 PM
Watching everyone walk by and it's 90%+ Ticat fans on the street.

Neely2005
11-17-2013, 12:42 PM
There aren't enough cops down here. They're could be problems.

jerrym
11-17-2013, 04:50 PM
Announced attendance at Rogers Centre for the 2013 Eastern Division final was 35,418 (pretty close to my guesstimate of 36,000). Lets hope we can build on this for next year.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/11/17/toronto-argonauts-vs-hamilton-tiger-cats-east-division-final-live-stream/

Will
11-17-2013, 05:28 PM
Announced attendance at Rogers Centre for the 2013 Eastern Division final was 35,418 (pretty close to my guesstimate of 36,000). Lets hope we can build on this for next year.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/11/17/toronto-argonauts-vs-hamilton-tiger-cats-east-division-final-live-stream/

Yeah, but how many of them were cheering for Hamilton?

Neely2005
11-17-2013, 06:21 PM
Yeah, but how many of them were cheering for Hamilton?

I was there and I'd say about 40+%.

Will
11-17-2013, 06:22 PM
I was there and I'd say about 40+%.

Ok let's assume your figure is accurate. 35,000 * 0.4 = 14,000 and therefore 21,000 Argo fans, which isn't much more than normal.

Deerkeeper
11-17-2013, 06:58 PM
I was there and I'd say about 40+%.I'd say that's about right. Ten Thousand plus, and they made the most noise as well.

AaronInToronto
11-17-2013, 10:12 PM
I was one of the noisy Argo fans on the visitor side. section 134B. I'm going to say this clearly. It was an eff'n disgrace to look around the stadium and see so many Argo fans on their asses while we were on defence. Its like they were afraid to make any noise. God damn ridiculous. Even the old 90-yr old T-Cats fans we're up off their walkers and tossing out the Oski Wee Wee's

Will
11-17-2013, 11:01 PM
Yes, it is unfortunate that such a large stadium and the Argos' own attendance problems do permit a very sizable contingent of away fans to attend the game should they wish. There were not any major problems in 121 except for one incident. The Ticat fans sitting beside some of us were reasonable.

flafson
11-18-2013, 12:55 AM
In section 222 they had a problem with a Ticat fan smoking pot (that what i understood from the people around me) so after a while of going back and forth between the people who work there and the fan, they brought in a couple of police officers to handle it. Not really sure what happened but the officer spoke with the guy for a minute and he stayed in the game and everything was fine afterwards.

Gill The Thrill
11-18-2013, 06:59 AM
In section 222 they had a problem with a Ticat fan smoking pot (that what i understood from the people around me) so after a while of going back and forth between the people who work there and the fan, they brought in a couple of police officers to handle it. Not really sure what happened but the officer spoke with the guy for a minute and he stayed in the game and everything was fine afterwards. Was at a concession near Section 229 and saw the cops and security escort one guy with long hair quietly during halftime...I wonder if that was the issue as that was close by...seeing how the guy was co-operative, I figured it was public drunkeness charge. Wonder if it was the same guy.

Gill The Thrill
11-18-2013, 07:09 AM
I was one of the noisy Argo fans on the visitor side. section 134B. I'm going to say this clearly. It was an eff'n disgrace to look around the stadium and see so many Argo fans on their asses while we were on defence. Its like they were afraid to make any noise. God damn ridiculous. Even the old 90-yr old T-Cats fans we're up off their walkers and tossing out the Oski Wee Wee'sIt was an embarrassment...and solidified my sentiments of Toronto being a lousy sports town. I guess the so-called Toronto sports fans are too busy watching Leafs TV waiting with baited breath to find out which Leaf will be going to the bathroom and whether their taking a #1 or #2. To boot the younger generation are not even true hockey fans, but just Leaf fans. ....friggin pathetic, when they'd rather sit on their asses at home...but then again maybe many did not want to venture near that friggin mess that is the "so called" easy to get to Rogers Centre.

Bought friggin popcorn and had to be reminded that the Jays own this stadium and treat the Argos like shite as the bucket had the Jays logo on it...They got to get out of the place. It's to the point that I don't even care if it's a re-furbished Etobicoke Centennial Stadium, Birchmount Stadium or Esther Shiner Stadium (formerly Civic Stadium) with bleachers and porta-potties a'la Hornet field when the Sacramento Goldminers were in the league...just get the hell out of the dome, it sucks....Real football is played outdoors with the elements being part of the sport, and real football fans who cheer.

I would settle for that and get seasons until a real Canadian Football Stadium is built....Screw MLSE and BMO as being by lake is possibly the worst place for a Stadium, especially in fall when fog off Lake Ontario could cloud the field. Driving down was a mess and the TTC sucks too as streetcars and buses get bogged in traffic with all the downtown closures...so a location where you can drive from all directions is the best in the north end of 416. The sooner the better as the Argos have no real fan interest by the transient downtown crowd made of young students, nor those who are moving into the newly built condos and lofts. The game of football is mostly played in areas outside of downtown in the GTA, whether the inner suburbs of 416 or 905. Football is dead in downtown Toronto, and especially at the Rogers Centre and this game proved it. It's not even just a CFL thing, the NFL also sucks at the Rogers Centre...it's just a shitty stadium for football atmosphere for any league and any level.

Neely2005
11-18-2013, 07:46 AM
I was one of the noisy Argo fans on the visitor side. section 134B. I'm going to say this clearly. It was an eff'n disgrace to look around the stadium and see so many Argo fans on their asses while we were on defence. Its like they were afraid to make any noise. God damn ridiculous. Even the old 90-yr old T-Cats fans we're up off their walkers and tossing out the Oski Wee Wee's

We were on the Visitors side too but we and the Argonauts fans in our area were blowing our horns and making lots of noise.

Mulder
11-18-2013, 08:02 AM
Sorry Aaron. The way the D played. And our second half definitely didn't give me much to cheer about. Especially that coaching decision in the 4th. Completely puzzled.

flafson
11-18-2013, 08:51 AM
Sorry Aaron. The way the D played. And our second half definitely didn't give me much to cheer about. Especially that coaching decision in the 4th. Completely puzzled.

I had the same feeling but i still kept blowing my horn. To be honest though, i can't really blame the defense, i think it was on offense for not sticking on the field longer to give the defense a break.

Tau Ceti
11-18-2013, 10:39 AM
Ok let's assume your figure is accurate. 35,000 * 0.4 = 14,000 and therefore 21,000 Argo fans, which isn't much more than normal.

I did the same math when I saw the final attendance and came to the same conclusion. Our season average was 21,926.3 and total Argo fans for the EF were about right on that figure. Not a failure, I guess, but not a success either.

Ballstothewall
11-18-2013, 12:06 PM
Well, i was wrong,there was more Cat's fans there, then i originally thought. I give them credit, 14,000 for a away game is pretty good. The Argos had 21,000 or so, which is not great. i"m sure the TV ratings will be outstanding, but the Argos have got to find a way to get even 2% of their TV audience out the games. of course getting down to the Dome sucked and of course none of the resturants on Front street were ready for the large groups of people to show up, some did not even open till noon. We got to the Lone Star at 11AM when they opened and it took, 90 mins to get food . I spoke with the Manager and he said, they did not expect such a large group, (are you getting me) its just so typical

Neely2005
11-18-2013, 12:11 PM
Well, i was wrong,there was more Cat's fans there, then i originally thought. I give them credit, 14,000 for a away game is pretty good. The Argos had 21,000 or so, which is not great. i"m sure the TV ratings will be outstanding, but the Argos have got to find a way to get even 2% of their TV audience out the games. of course getting down to the Dome sucked and of course none of the resturants on Front street were ready for the large groups of people to show up, some did not even open till noon. We got to the Lone Star at 11AM when they opened and it took, 90 mins to get food . I spoke with the Manager and he said, they did not expect such a large group, (are you getting me) its just so typical

Yeah I don't think that anyone was prepared. The restaurants, the police, the Rogers Centre... the beer stand in our section sold out in 15 minutes and they had to send up more beer numerous times. The souvenir stands sold out of horns and bells almost immediately and the selection of Argonauts merchandise at the Gate 5 store was a joke. We had lunch before the game at Boston Pizza and I made a reservation over a week in advance and they tried to tell me that they didn't take any reservations.

Imagine if this game was at BMO Field with almost no infustructure or restaurants nearby.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8