PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Argonauts distance themselves from jersey-clad Mayor Rob Ford

Deerkeeper
11-14-2013, 12:07 PM
I was wondering If the Argos would do this after what I saw this
morning. Toronto Argonauts distance themselves from jersey-clad Mayor Rob Ford (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dailybrew/toronto-argonauts-distance-themselves-jersey-clad-mayor-rob-165505463.html)

ArgoRavi
11-14-2013, 12:09 PM
I was wondering If the Argos would do this after what I saw this
morning. Toronto Argonauts distance themselves from jersey-clad Mayor Rob Ford (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dailybrew/toronto-argonauts-distance-themselves-jersey-clad-mayor-rob-165505463.html)

I was not pleased when I saw him wearing that jersey this morning while making some more questionable comments. I am very pleased to see the Argos put out this statement.

Neely2005
11-14-2013, 12:40 PM
Funny since they didn't seem to have an issue with Ricky Williams wearing their Jersey.

AaronInToronto
11-14-2013, 01:00 PM
I am not a Rob Ford supporter, but am going to state this: The Mayor's intent on wearing the jersey was most likely to draw attention to the EF this weekend. He was hoping to stir up the usual Mayoralty bet with Hamilton's Mayor. Its unfortunate it happened to be at the same time as he was veraciously defending himself, but the focus on what he was wearing is just assinine. No shock though that this would be the first time in over a decade that there was anything even remotely close to supporting or defending the Argos ever written in the Toronto Star.

Will
11-14-2013, 01:03 PM
Whatever his intentions might be, the controversies surrounding the mayor should make the team run for cover.

T-Bone
11-14-2013, 01:06 PM
I am not a Rob Ford supporter, but am going to state this: The Mayor's intent on wearing the jersey was most likely to draw attention to the EF this weekend. He was hoping to stir up the usual Mayoralty bet with Hamilton's Mayor. Its unfortunate it happened to be at the same time as he was veraciously defending himself, but the focus on what he was wearing is just assinine. No shock though that this would be the first time in over a decade that there was anything even remotely close to supporting or defending the Argos ever written in the Toronto Star.
Unfortunately Rob Ford's stupidity always seems to overshadow the team he claims to love. I seem to remember him making headlines 2 days after we won the 100th Grey Cup.

Funny since they didn't seem to have an issue with Ricky Williams wearing their Jersey.
Different ownership back then. Are you a Rob Ford supporter?

ArgoRavi
11-14-2013, 01:06 PM

You are seriously comparing Rob Ford with Ricky Williams???

hugoagogo
11-14-2013, 01:10 PM
How did that dude get his head through that neck hole?

http://www.thestar.com/content/dam/thestar/sports/argos/2013/11/14/cfl_reacts_to_rob_ford_in_argos_jersey/rob_ford.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

Neely2005
11-14-2013, 01:11 PM
Unfortunately Rob Ford's stupidity always seems to overshadow the team he claims to love. I seem to remember him making headlines 2 days after we won the 100th Grey Cup.

Different ownership back then. Are you a Rob Ford supporter?

No.

You are seriously comparing Rob Ford with Ricky Williams???

Yes, although I suppose it's not a fair comparison since IIRC Williams was convicted and Ford hasn't even been charged.

flafson
11-14-2013, 01:16 PM
I don't have a problem with Ford wearing that to be honest.
I hate all the drugs stuff that he has done but i believe he's doing a much better job at mayor than the previous guy.
Having said that, at least now that it all surfaced he's being open and somewhat honest about it.

ArgoRavi
11-14-2013, 01:38 PM
Yes, although I suppose it's not a fair comparison since IIRC Williams was convicted and Ford hasn't even been charged.

I don't believe that Williams has ever been convicted of anything and he certainly has never come across as a complete buffoon like Ford has.

T-Bone
11-14-2013, 01:38 PM
I don't have a problem with Ford wearing that to be honest.
I hate all the drugs stuff that he has done but i believe he's doing a much better job at mayor than the previous guy.
Having said that, at least now that it all surfaced he's being open and somewhat honest about it.
Unfortunately people make associations even though it is stupid. I really wish Ford had the brains to realize that his support of anything right now does not help that organizations image. I honestly don't care about the drugs that much. What I do care about is the lying etc. while trying to make the video disappear along with many more stupid things he has done and said. There are good people that have drug problems but Ford is not a good person. He is a spoiled rich kid that thinks he can get away with anything and he is now showing us exactly that by being to arrogant to walk away for any reasonable amount of time. Like I keep saying, there is more to come.

AngeloV
11-14-2013, 01:45 PM
No.

By reading this, I can see I have yet another forum member not to take seriously.

AngeloV
11-14-2013, 01:47 PM

How can you possibly know that? He's only being honest about what has been brought to light in the court process. God only knows what else there is that may still come out.

Neely2005
11-14-2013, 01:58 PM
I don't believe that Williams has ever been convicted of anything and he certainly has never come across as a complete buffoon like Ford has.

If that is the case then my mistake. Yeah he should at the very least take a leave of absence.

ArgoGabe22
11-14-2013, 02:06 PM
Maybe the Argos will get a spike in international sales from all this exposure. Just like how people are bidding up on bobbleheads and old Ford business cards.

flafson
11-14-2013, 02:08 PM
How can you possibly know that? He's only being honest about what has been brought to light in the court process. God only knows what else there is that may still come out.

Obviously i don't really know that he's honest now but he's coming clean about some things which is almost like being honest.

Will
11-14-2013, 02:45 PM
Obviously i don't really know that he's honest now but he's coming clean about some things which is almost like being honest.

Yeah, but only after months and months of denials. Remember he more or less didn't admit to anything until the news was broke that Blair had seen the video.

flafson
11-14-2013, 02:57 PM
I must say, i really appreciate the maturity level on this board, very refreshing to see people who don't agree on things but can actually talk about it in a civil manner without bashing one another. I'm pretty sure the average age here is much higher than say the Blue Jays forum, but still, i really enjoy it.

Will
11-14-2013, 03:07 PM
Are you referring to the official Jays forum? If so, people just started trolling on there for the sake of trolling.

flafson
11-14-2013, 03:30 PM
Are you referring to the official Jays forum? If so, people just started trolling on there for the sake of trolling.

Nah, i switched over to bluejaysmessageboard.com

Argo
11-14-2013, 04:39 PM
i believe he's doing a much better job at mayor than the previous guy.

Hilarious... depressingly hilarious.

ArgoZ
11-14-2013, 07:17 PM
Just the other day we were discussing the Argonauts giving a licking to the pussies. Talk about foreshadowing! If the Argos win, I think we actually might see similar headlines. LOL.

Argo57
11-14-2013, 07:18 PM
Apparently Ford was told to wear a Ticat jersey be he was afraid it would tarnish his image!!!!

jerrym
11-14-2013, 09:19 PM

Ford was convicted of drunk driving in Florida in 1999.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/fords-drunk-driving-conviction-could-steer-his-campaign-into-the-ditch/article1378946/

LLB997
11-14-2013, 10:29 PM
On the bright side, the dark blue is slimming.

rdavies
11-15-2013, 01:59 PM
CFL Commissioner talks about the Ticats, Argos and Rob Ford (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/cfl-commissioner-talks-about-the-ticats-argos-and-rob-ford-1.2427643)
Why are the Ticats and Argos so important to the CFL
CBC News Nov 15, 2013

Marc Cohon Interview Link (http://www.cbc.ca/player/AudioMobile/Metro%20Morning/ID/2418287098/)

Ooh, Commish is kicking arse with ratings info!

doubleblue
11-15-2013, 03:53 PM
CFL Commissioner talks about the Ticats, Argos and Rob Ford (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/cfl-commissioner-talks-about-the-ticats-argos-and-rob-ford-1.2427643)
CBC News Nov 15, 2013

Marc Cohon Interview Link (http://www.cbc.ca/player/AudioMobile/Metro Morning/ID/2418287098/)

Ooh, Commish is kicking arse with ratings info! Good comments by Mark. I hadn't heard that 3 million alone watched the GC from the Toronto area, the rating generally just show Country wide. That is quite a statistic through the season about 1 million watch on TV and 18-20,000 go to the Games. Almost makes one think that most people don't like coming down to the RC.

Gill The Thrill
11-16-2013, 10:47 AM
Good comments by Mark. I hadn't heard that 3 million alone watched the GC from the Toronto area, the rating generally just show Country wide. That is quite a statistic through the season about 1 million watch on TV and 18-20,000 go to the Games. Almost makes one think that most people don't like coming down to the RC.

That's exactly it...they're many sports fans in the Greater Toronto Area who can't stand not just coming to the Rogers Centre but venturing near downtown and in particular the Lakefront because of the bottleneck of traffic, which makes you wonder how viable the BMO is...look at how TFC has fallen in popularity and attendance, just as I predicted it would after the initial success. Transportation, parking, concessions...the horrible statue, the the attitude of security...ever-increasing prices with each year, just a few of the reasons why people don't bother with the Rogers Centre.

Gill The Thrill
11-16-2013, 10:54 AM

Great post, it's as if the Argos made the comment just so they could tell people that he was wearing an Argo jersey, which is fine be me...most people in Toronto would probably have no clue, especially if they are Toronto Star readers and only watch TV programming from Rogers-owned stations....these ass-hats would not have seen an Argo Jersey for 20 years no doubt.

PS- By the way, how are the "Rogers Jays" doing....have not heard that one in a while...Sportsnet was using that slogan for years after Rogers bought the team, but have stopped .....now calling the team by it's real name, Toronto Blue Jays. Even they noticed that attendance was in a spiral after they bought the team and realized that people did not want to be reminded of the shady sweetheart deal that Rogers got to buy the team and stadium.

Gill The Thrill
11-16-2013, 11:15 AM
Unfortunately people make associations even though it is stupid. I really wish Ford had the brains to realize that his support of anything right now does not help that organizations image. I honestly don't care about the drugs that much. What I do care about is the lying etc. while trying to make the video disappear along with many more stupid things he has done and said. There are good people that have drug problems but Ford is not a good person. He is a spoiled rich kid that thinks he can get away with anything and he is now showing us exactly that by being to arrogant to walk away for any reasonable amount of time. Like I keep saying, there is more to come. If your threshold for a politician is lying then you must never vote in any elections....oh, wait,....I get it....unless they lie about the things you want them too, like our tax dollars, then it's OK right.....enjoy the Kathleen Wynne era in Ontario.

Smitherman also said he used illegal drugs, yet the Toronto Red Star did not raid his house and break into his backyard to try and find more dirt, God knows it was there...oh, I see, it's ok and politically correct to say that as a victim of being a gay white male living with privilege off the taxpayers, compared to being a suburban white male whose living off a successful private family business who was "caught" as the Star puts it, being in a picture with visible minorities whom are also residents of Toronto.

Carry on, I could play the straw man game too, calling someone....." a bad person"....ohhhhh, a bad person, you sound like you're in Grade 1.

How come we're not hearing news on the bender that Smitherman's partner had while being lost and being found near a train crossing bridge, yes that sounds like normal behaviour. ...and the media seemed more concerned with covering up details instead of hounding for a story like they've done with Ford from Day 1.....seems like illegal drugs were still part of the lifstyle of the politician that was running against Ford, so that's a saw-off....when it comes to handling my tax dollars, no contest....the residents of Toronto, especially those in former Etobicoke, North York and Scarborough chose the right guys despite his imperfections which I'm sure nobody, including you have because you're perfect right...thought so.

jerrym
11-16-2013, 08:08 PM
CBC News Nov 15, 2013

Marc Cohon Interview Link
Ooh, Commish is kicking arse with ratings info!
(http://www.cbc.ca/player/AudioMobile/Metro Morning/ID/2418287098/)
Great to see Cohon pointing out how successful the CFL is in Toronto and nationally. We need more of this.

argolio
11-16-2013, 11:25 PM
If your threshold for a politician is lying then you must never vote in any elections....oh, wait,....I get it....unless they lie about the things you want them too, like our tax dollars, then it's OK right.....enjoy the Kathleen Wynne era in Ontario.

Smitherman also said he used illegal drugs, yet the Toronto Red Star did not raid his house and break into his backyard to try and find more dirt, God knows it was there...oh, I see, it's ok and politically correct to say that as a victim of being a gay white male living with privilege off the taxpayers, compared to being a suburban white male whose living off a successful private family business who was "caught" as the Star puts it, being in a picture with visible minorities whom are also residents of Toronto.

Carry on, I could play the straw man game too, calling someone....." a bad person"....ohhhhh, a bad person, you sound like you're in Grade 1.

How come we're not hearing news on the bender that Smitherman's partner had while being lost and being found near a train crossing bridge, yes that sounds like normal behaviour. ...and the media seemed more concerned with covering up details instead of hounding for a story like they've done with Ford from Day 1.....seems like illegal drugs were still part of the lifstyle of the politician that was running against Ford, so that's a saw-off....when it comes to handling my tax dollars, no contest....the residents of Toronto, especially those in former Etobicoke, North York and Scarborough chose the right guys despite his imperfections which I'm sure nobody, including you have because you're perfect right...thought so.Who cares about Smitherman anymore?

As for your defense of an elected official who admits to using crack, trafficking drugs, driving drunk, and who was caught by police surveillance during office hours making apparent drug deals with a huge slimeball in a public park, what exactly does it take for you call someone a "bad person"?

doubleblue
11-17-2013, 08:16 AM
Who cares about Smitherman anymore?

As for your defense of an elected official who admits to using crack, trafficking drugs, driving drunk, and who was caught by police surveillance during office hours making apparent drug deals with a huge slimeball in a public park, what exactly does it take for you call someone a "bad person"? A Bad Person to me is someone who misuses tax payers money, lies about it and tries to go on like nothing ever happened. I don't care what Kathaleen Wynne does in her private life, but I care that my taxes are ever increasing because of her and Dalton's follies and their Nanny State agenda. They're the real criminals here. Until Mayor Ford is convicted by the Law of the Land he should be allowed to finish his term in office and let the People of Toronto decide by their Democratic vote next October 2014. The hysterical screaming left seem to be afraid of that scenario. Gill The Thrill is my new hero.

AngeloV
11-17-2013, 08:40 AM
A Bad Person to me is someone who misuses tax payers money, lies about it and tries to go on like nothing ever happened. I don't care what Kathaleen Wynne does in her private life, but I care that my taxes are ever increasing because of her and Dalton's follies and their Nanny State agenda. They're the real criminals here. Until Mayor Ford is convicted by the Law of the Land he should be allowed to finish his term in office and let the People of Toronto decide by their Democratic vote next October 2014. The hysterical screaming left seem to be afraid of that scenario. Gill The Thrill is my new hero.

Really? Gill The Thrill is your new hero? Even Ford's own backers have turned on him. I personally can't believe how easily so many people buy the BS of lower taxes. The Conservatives have been in federal power for quite some time now. I sure as hell haven't seen my taxes come down over that time. But I have seen a lot more companies given the green light to outsource their work to countries where they can pay their employees about a third or less than what they would need to pay their employees here in Canada. That means people here lose their jobs. People like the Fords can talk about employment being down, but that is so misleading because people that had jobs paying decent salaries with benefits are now working for $10-12 an hour with no benefits. The entire middle class is being wiped out. Furthermore, wasn't it the Conservatives that originally introduced the GST? How is that saving taxpayers money?

I have no political affiliation. At least McGuinty stepped down when he screwed up royally. Why can't Ford have the same sense, and stop embarrassing Toronto?

And as for you not caring what Wynne does in her personal life, I call B.S. on that. Why would you have even brought it up otherwise? She's not being investigated fo anything.

Neely2005
11-17-2013, 08:53 AM
Really? Gill The Thrill is your new hero? Even Ford's own backers have turned on him. I personally can't believe how easily so many people buy the BS of lower taxes. The Conservatives have been in federal power for quite some time now. I sure as hell haven't seen my taxes come down over that time. But I have seen a lot more companies given the green light to outsource their work to countries where they can pay their employees about a third or less than what they would need to pay their employees here in Canada. That means people here lose their jobs. People like the Fords can talk about employment being down, but that is so misleading because people that had jobs paying decent salaries with benefits are now working for $10-12 an hour with no benefits. The entire middle class is being wiped out. Furthermore, wasn't it the Conservatives that originally introduced the GST? How is that saving taxpayers money?

I have no political affiliation. At least McGuinty stepped down when he screwed up royally. Why can't Ford have the same sense, and stop embarrassing Toronto?

And as for you not caring what Wynne does in her personal life, I call B.S. on that. Why would you have even brought it up otherwise? She's not being investigated fo anything.

The GST was reduced from 7% to 5%. (After that Ontario brought in the HST)

Personal income tax rates were reduced.

The government has no say in what companies do when it comes to hiring and firing their employees. Although companies are more likely to stay in countries that have lower income tax rates which is why the corporate income tax rates were lowered and payroll taxes removed.

P.S. Katherine Wynne is being investigated, the OPP searched her office a few days ago. The numerous scandals are beginning to catch up with her and her corrupt government.

Wobbler
11-17-2013, 11:30 AM
It sounds as though the current defence of Mayor Ford is "Well... other people have been bad too!" While others have also made mistakes, Ford's spectacular ones have put him among the most famous Canadians of the 21st century.

How is this not a terrible thing? It doesn't matter what he has or has not accomplished - he needs to go away.

jerrym
11-17-2013, 04:30 PM
Scandal-plagued Toronto Mayor Rob Ford caused a bit of a stir Sunday when he showed up at a CFL game to cheer on his hometown team.Ford donned a Toronto Argonauts jersey and even posed for pictures with fans before heading inside to watch the team take on the Hamilton Tiger-Cats for a berth in the Nov. 24 Grey Cup in Regina.
Read More: Bobby Moynihan parodies Toronto Mayor Rob Ford on ‘Saturday Night Live’ (http://globalnews.ca/news/972010/bobby-moynihan-parodies-toronto-mayor-rob-ford-on-saturday-night-live/)
Fans gathered around the controversial mayor as he took his seat, shaking his hand and giving him high-fives while those sitting behind him looked angry at having their view blocked by the commotion.

http://globalnews.ca/news/972542/mayor-rob-ford-causes-commotion-attending-toronto-cfl-game/

LLB997
11-17-2013, 06:23 PM
Argos were winning until Ford showed up.

Will
11-17-2013, 06:24 PM
Argos were winning until Ford showed up.

:)

Unless you actually think that was the reason for our loss.

Neely2005
11-17-2013, 09:08 PM
They just showed Mayor Ford at the Argonauts game on CP24. He received a very warm reception. He was being cheered and the crowd was chanting his name as he left after the game.

http://www.cp24.com/news/ford-unlikley-to-block-monday-s-council-meeting-lawyer-1.1546990

(It's about half way down the article)

AngeloV
11-17-2013, 11:29 PM
They just showed Mayor Ford at the Argonauts game on CP24. He received a very warm reception. He was being cheered and the crowd was chanting his name as he left after the game.

http://www.cp24.com/news/ford-unlikley-to-block-monday-s-council-meeting-lawyer-1.1546990

(It's about half way down the article)

Sorry Dude, I was there at the time. People were laughing at him as they were chanting his name. He was sitting on the Ticats side and they were mostly Ti-Cats fans chanting his name. I got really close to him and we made eye contact as I was calling him an A**hole. He sure wasn't smiling when I asked him if he had killed anyone this week as he was put into his Escalade by 4 cops and a couple of his personal security.

argos1873
11-17-2013, 11:39 PM
Sorry Dude, I was there at the time. People were laughing at him as they were chanting his name. He was sitting on the Ticats side and they were mostly Ti-Cats fans chanting his name. I got really close to him and we made eye contact as I was calling him an A**hole. He sure wasn't smiling when I asked him if he had killed anyone this week as he was put into his Escalade by 4 cops and a couple of his personal security.

Well, aren't you just the reflection of class that you wish the mayor had.

AngeloV
11-17-2013, 11:43 PM
Personal income tax rates were reduced.

Really? I look closely at my pay stubs all the time. I'd like to see where my personal income tax has been reduced. Maybe personal income tax has been reduced for CEO that make 7 digit salaries, but not for the middle class.

The government has no say in what companies do when it comes to hiring and firing their employees. Although companies are more likely to stay in countries that have lower income tax rates which is why the corporate income tax rates were lowered and payroll taxes removed.

That's a load of B.S. Prior to the Free Trade agreement that Mulroony brought in, this would not have been allowed.

P.S. Katherine Wynne is being investigated, the OPP searched her office a few days ago. The numerous scandals are beginning to catch up with her and her corrupt government.

What is she being investigated on? Not conforming to the sexual lifestyle preference that the hard core conservative think should be forced upon everyone? Unlike the Harper government lying through their teeth about not using one of their own members (Duffy) as a scapegoat to their corrupt ways? Or purposely discharging members of the military months before they have enough service to qualify for a pension after the put their lives on the line for their country?

As I said, McGuinty is a worm. I hate the fact that he quit rather than face the music on his mistakes. But at least I'm honest enough to find issues in a "leader" no matter what his affiliation. Hard core conservatives refuse to do that.

AngeloV
11-17-2013, 11:45 PM
Well, aren't you just the reflection of class that you wish the mayor had.

Anyone that admits to drinking and driving (on multiple occasions) doesn't deserve to be treated with class. Or are you ok with this sort of thing that kills hundreds of people weekly?

argos1873
11-17-2013, 11:49 PM
Anyone that admits to drinking and driving (on multiple occasions) doesn't deserve to be treated with class. Or are you ok with this sort of thing that kills hundreds of people weekly?

Right, you just keep telling yourself that to make you feel less like our idiot Mayor Rob Ford.

Don't ask me what I feel right about, I'm not the one yelling profanities and acting like a buffoon in public. You might have more in common with Ford than you think.

AngeloV
11-18-2013, 12:38 AM
Right, you just keep telling yourself that to make you feel less like our idiot Mayor Rob Ford.

Don't ask me what I feel right about, I'm not the one yelling profanities and acting like a buffoon in public. You might have more in common with Ford than you think.

Okay, maybe next time I should just pretend that anything he does doesn't upset me. Sorry, but I have a huge problem with drunk drivers, especially ones that laugh it off as if it was no big deal. Should I have just backed off? Probably. But sometimes we all make impulsive decisions that we likely shouldn't. I let his arrogance really get the better of me.

Neely2005
11-18-2013, 07:44 AM

The video that CP24 showed last night disagrees with your assessment and CP24 is very anti Rob Ford.

I don't know what's more embarrassing the fact that you did that or that you're proud of it.

I thought that the Ticat fans in our section were bad but I'm certainly glad that my family wasn't exposed to you.

ArgoGabe22
11-18-2013, 09:19 AM
The video that CP24 showed last night disagrees with your assessment and CP24 is very anti Rob Ford.

I don't know what's more embarrassing the fact that you did that or that you're proud of it.

I thought that the Ticat fans in our section were bad but I'm certainly glad that my family wasn't exposed to you.

Don't fall for a 5 sec clip that the media shows, thinking that small time frame represents the whole time he was there.

Seriously, we have all heard and seen worse so please refrain from making personal attacks.

Neely2005
11-18-2013, 09:59 AM
Don't fall for a 5 sec clip that the media shows, thinking that small time frame represents the whole time he was there.

Seriously, we have all heard and seen worse so please refrain from making personal attacks.

Please the fact that CP24 of all places is showing something positive about the mayor says it all. They're so far to the Left that they hosted a weekly TV show with David Miller.

That's ironic since the poster in question was personally attacking the mayor.

Another account of the mayors visit to the game:

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/17/ford-a-star-at-argos-game

T-Bone
11-18-2013, 10:09 AM
Please the fact that CP24 of all places is showing something positive about the mayor says it all. They're so far to the Left that they hosted a weekly TV show with David Miller.

That's ironic since the poster in question was personally attacking the mayor.

Another account of the mayors visit to the game:

So you think what the Mayor did was appropriate? For someone that claims to not be a Ford supporter you sure stand up for him quite a bit. In my opinion he should have rented out a box and stayed out of the spot light. Unfortunately he is enjoying all the attention even though the majority is negative. There appears to be something psychologically wrong with the guy. After today he will be Mayor in title alone and have no real power anymore anyway. What AngeloV did was not the smartest move but in the big scheme of things extremely minor. Comparing his actions to those of Ford's is ridiculous.

Will
11-18-2013, 10:11 AM
I was thinking before the game that if Ford were to show up that, yes, renting out a box would have been the most appropriate tactic.

Tau Ceti
11-18-2013, 10:19 AM
At least he avoided the Santa Claus parade...

Neely2005
11-18-2013, 10:21 AM
Really? I look closely at my pay stubs all the time. I'd like to see where my personal income tax has been reduced. Maybe personal income tax has been reduced for CEO that make 7 digit salaries, but not for the middle class.

That's a load of B.S. Prior to the Free Trade agreement that Mulroony brought in, this would not have been allowed.

What is she being investigated on? Not conforming to the sexual lifestyle preference that the hard core conservative think should be forced upon everyone? Unlike the Harper government lying through their teeth about not using one of their own members (Duffy) as a scapegoat to their corrupt ways? Or purposely discharging members of the military months before they have enough service to qualify for a pension after the put their lives on the line for their country?

As I said, McGuinty is a worm. I hate the fact that he quit rather than face the music on his mistakes. But at least I'm honest enough to find issues in a "leader" no matter what his affiliation. Hard core conservatives refuse to do that.

I'm not sure you understand how Income Tax works. Everyone taxed @ X % on the first X of income. Then at X % at the next X of income. Then at X % at the next X of income... The Rate goes Up each braket the higher that you go. So everyone is taxed at the same Rates. They lowered the Rate on the Low end for everyone.

What does Free Trade have to do with the government telling companies what they can do with their staff? We live in a democracy not a communist country. The government can't tell companies to hire or fire people.

Kathleen Wynne is under investigation for the Gas Plant scandal. You may have heard that she wasted Over a Billion dollars of tax payers money in order to save to Liberal seats in the election:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/11/13/opp-to-visit-kathleen-wynnes-office-as-part-of-criminal-investigation-into-deleted-gas-plant-emails/

I guess the Liberals are going to escape criminal charges on the OLG, E-health, G20 and Ornge Air scandals though:

http://jackandcokewithalime.blogspot.ca/2011/03/list-of-ontario-liberal-premier-dalton.html

Will
11-18-2013, 10:23 AM
Ok guys, this isn't supposed to be a political debate.

T-Bone
11-18-2013, 10:29 AM
At least he avoided the Santa Claus parade...
Good point.

Neely2005
11-18-2013, 10:45 AM
So you think what the Mayor did was appropriate? For someone that claims to not be a Ford supporter you sure stand up for him quite a bit. In my opinion he should have rented out a box and stayed out of the spot light. Unfortunately he is enjoying all the attention even though the majority is negative. There appears to be something psychologically wrong with the guy. After today he will be Mayor in title alone and have no real power anymore anyway. What AngeloV did was not the smartest move but in the big scheme of things extremely minor. Comparing his actions to those of Ford's is ridiculous.

I have no problem with him going to the Argonauts game. I'm not sticking up for him I'm refuting what people are saying about how the crowd reacted to him with facts.

Neely2005
11-18-2013, 10:45 AM
Ok guys, this isn't supposed to be a political debate.

Fair enough.

doubleblue
11-18-2013, 10:58 AM
At least he avoided the Santa Claus parade... How do you know he didn't play Santa Claus and come in to the game afterwards.

rdavies
11-18-2013, 11:03 AM
^Because Santa is good...and doesn't smoke crack

doubleblue
11-18-2013, 11:11 AM
^Because Santa is good...and doesn't smoke crack :DWe hope. I can remember when in Public School Santa had a little too many glasses of courage before coming in.

T-Bone
11-18-2013, 12:20 PM
I have no problem with him going to the Argonauts game. I'm not sticking up for him I'm refuting what people are saying about how the crowd reacted to him with facts.
Like ArgoGabe22 has already pointed out, your facts being the short CP24 clip may not tell the whole story. Were you sitting in the same section as Rob Ford? Also please see this (http://www.argofans.com/showthread.php?707-Multi-Quote-Button-Please-Use-It-People).

Neely2005
11-18-2013, 12:29 PM
Like ArgoGabe22 has already pointed out, your facts being the short CP24 clip may not tell the whole story. Were you sitting in the same section as Rob Ford? Also please see this (http://www.argofans.com/showthread.php?707-Multi-Quote-Button-Please-Use-It-People).

Fair enough but we have CP24, Global News & the Toronto Sun reporting the same thing:

http://globalnews.ca/news/972542/mayor-rob-ford-causes-commotion-attending-toronto-cfl-game/

http://www.cp24.com/news/ford-unlikely-to-block-monday-s-council-meeting-lawyer-1.1546990

So I'm going to say that these 3 news sources outweigh what 1 poster is saying.

As to the Multi Quote feature it doesn't work well when posting from my phone.

ArgoGabe22
11-18-2013, 01:05 PM
Because The Globe, Star and CP 24 were all at the game sitting next to Ford? A few fans I know were there and I'll take their word over a few who were interviewed outside the stadium. At this point I'm not even sure what we're discussing anymore. What does this have to do with anything?

Neely2005
11-18-2013, 01:08 PM
Because The Globe, Star and CP 24 were all at the game sitting next to Ford? A few fans I know were there and I'll take their word over a few who were interviewed outside the stadium. At this point I'm not even sure what we're discussing anymore. What does this have to do with anything?

Yes some of them were there with him.

ArgoRavi
11-18-2013, 01:09 PM
Ford is a train wreck. So what if some people liked seeing him yesterday? I suspect that a lot of people wanted to have their picture taken with this train wreck so that they could brag about it to their friends on Facebook. After all, Ford has become the latest reality TV star in North America if not the world.

AngeloV
11-18-2013, 01:45 PM
For the record, If I had a second chance and not stupidly acted on impulse, I would have done the smart thing and just avoided him altogether. I basically added to what he was seeking to gain--attention. I was pissed that he decided to put himself in the spotlight and take away from what was going on on the field. And admittedly, I was in a foul mood due to the result of the game.

I don't think what I did was over the top as some are pouring on here, but I shouldn't have stooped to that level. It's not the first time I've heckled him (I have booed him at OVFL games as I sat right behind him) and likely won't be the last, but for the first time, there was anger in my words.

I also agree with those that say if he really wanted to attend, he should have rented a box, or a hotel room with a view (although that probably would have added tons of speculation).

As for what is on the TV clips, again I was there. He came out from Gate 11 where 90% of the people exiting were from the Hammer, and they were all laughing really hard as they were chanting his name. He was only there for about a minute or so, as his security and police quickly got him into his Escalade waiting for him about 50 meters from the gate. If they weren't doing it sarcastically, I'm pretty sure at least 1 person would have confronted me. None did.

T-Bone
11-18-2013, 01:56 PM
Ford is a train wreck. So what if some people liked seeing him yesterday? I suspect that a lot of people wanted to have their picture taken with this train wreck so that they could brag about it to their friends on Facebook. After all, Ford has become the latest reality TV star in North America if not the world.
Exactly. Just because people were all over him doesn't mean they support him. I'm sure if some other stupid reality show "celebrity" walked in there would have been a similar scene. If an election was held today I'd be willing to put down money that Ford would lose despite what Joe Warmington's says. Also it's interesting that he choose to sit on the visitor's side with a bunch of Hamiltonians who can't even vote for him.

Yes some of them were there with him.
You neglected to answer my question, were you sitting in the same section as Rob Ford? Joe Warmington's article is an opinion piece. The other articles you posted basically only touch on the fact that there was a commotion when Ford was around which is not to be unexpected.

ArgoRavi
11-18-2013, 03:41 PM
As for what is on the TV clips, again I was there. He came out from Gate 11 where 90% of the people exiting were from the Hammer, and they were all laughing really hard as they were chanting his name. He was only there for about a minute or so, as his security and police quickly got him into his Escalade waiting for him about 50 meters from the gate. If they weren't doing it sarcastically, I'm pretty sure at least 1 person would have confronted me. None did.

Angelo, Doug Ford told city council today that the people surrounding Rob Ford after the game were cheering him and telling him that they don't want their democratic process taken away from them. According to Doug Ford, it took Rob three hours to get out of the door after the game.

AaronInToronto
11-18-2013, 03:47 PM
3 hours is BS. I was among the last 1000 ticket holders to leave the building and he was nowhere in site. I walked out gate 10 and would have passed his vehicle. I left the buildiung at 4:27pm. I know that becuase I had to catch the 4:43 GO train. Doug Ford's recollection is likely full of crap. In fact, Rob Ford apparently left the game with about 1:17 left on the clock to avoid the crush according to media.

AngeloV
11-18-2013, 04:40 PM
Angelo, Doug Ford told city council today that the people surrounding Rob Ford after the game were cheering him and telling him that they don't want their democratic process taken away from them. According to Doug Ford, it took Rob three hours to get out of the door after the game.

You can't be serious. It was 180 seconds maximum.

Midnight Blue
11-18-2013, 07:34 PM
I agree with what Gill The Thrill said too.

But I won't be getting into any more political discussion on this thread.

I've said what I have to say on the "Advice for the Fords" thread (that thread was started by someone else), in the "Sociable" section of this forum, and if I get dragged back into that thread I may respond, but that thread and this thread are starting to grow boring and tiresome, so I won't be hanging on every word. But hey, I'm just a guest here, and that's just my opinion. It's not my call. Though as I mentioned in the "Sociable/Advice for the Fords" thread, arguing politics with your political opponents, is generally a complete waste of time.

Ka' Pla !

1argoholic
11-18-2013, 07:58 PM
It's hard to get distance from Ford. His gut arrived at the game ten minutes before he did.

Midnight Blue
11-20-2013, 10:48 PM
It's hard to get distance from Ford. His gut arrived at the game ten minutes before he did.

I'm sure he apologized, ten minutes later.

Midnight Blue
11-21-2013, 01:06 AM
Ford should eat more nuts :

Link : http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_MED_NUTS_LONGEVITY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-11-20-18-35-25

Nov 20, 6:35 PM EST

Study ties nuts to lower cancer, heart death risk

By MARILYNN MARCHIONE
AP Chief Medical Writer

<tbody>

<tbody>
http://hosted.ap.org/photos/5/593b181f-2af5-4523-89b3-a1ab00f7e061-small.jpg (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/photos/5/593b181f-2af5-4523-89b3-a1ab00f7e061.html?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT)
AP Photo/Ebrahim Noroozi

</tbody>

</tbody>

<tbody>

<tbody>
Health Video

<tbody>

</tbody>

</tbody>

</tbody>

<tbody>

<tbody>

</tbody>

<tbody>

</tbody>

</tbody>

<tbody>

<tbody>
Buy AP Photo Reprints

<tbody>

<tbody>
http://hosted.ap.org/icons/spacer.gifhttp://hosted.ap.org/specials/images/ap_photo_promo.jpg (http://www.apimages.com/Print-Store?ss=-6543)

</tbody>

</tbody>

</tbody>

</tbody>

<tbody>

<tbody>

</tbody>

</tbody>

<tbody>

<tbody>
Interactive

<tbody>
Life Expectancy in the U.S. By State (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/specials/interactives/wdc/longevity/index.html)

</tbody>

</tbody>

</tbody>

http://www.argofans.com/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAIAAAAAAAP///yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7 DALLAS (AP) -- Help yourself to some nuts this holiday season: Regular nut eaters were less likely to die of cancer or heart disease - in fact, were less likely to die of any cause - during a 30-year Harvard study.

Nuts have long been called heart-healthy, and the study is the largest ever done on whether eating them affects mortality.
Researchers tracked 119,000 men and women and found that those who ate nuts roughly every day were 20 percent less likely to die during the study period than those who never ate nuts. Eating nuts less often also appeared to lower the death risk, in direct proportion to consumption.
The risk of dying of heart disease dropped 29 percent and the risk of dying of cancer fell 11 percent among those who had nuts seven or more times a week compared with people who never ate them.
The benefits were seen from peanuts as well as from pistachios, almonds, walnuts and other tree nuts. The researchers did not look at how the nuts were prepared - oiled or salted, raw or roasted.
A bonus: Nut eaters stayed slimmer.
"There's a general perception that if you eat more nuts you're going to get fat. Our results show the opposite," said Dr. Ying Bao of Harvard-affiliated Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston.
She led the study, published in Thursday's New England Journal of Medicine. The National Institutes of Health and the International Tree Nut Council Nutrition Research & Education Foundation sponsored the study, but the nut group had no role in designing it or reporting the results.
Researchers don't know why nuts may boost health. It could be that their unsaturated fatty acids, minerals and other nutrients lower cholesterol and inflammation and reduce other problems, as earlier studies seemed to show.
Observational studies like this one can't prove cause and effect, only suggest a connection. Research on diets is especially tough, because it can be difficult to single out the effects of any one food.
People who eat more nuts may eat them on salads, for example, and some of the benefit may come from the leafy greens, said Dr. Robert Eckel, a University of Colorado cardiologist and former president of the American Heart Association.
Dr. Ralph Sacco, a University of Miami neurologist who also is a former heart association president, agreed.
"Sometimes when you eat nuts you eat less of something else like potato chips," so the benefit may come from avoiding an unhealthy food, Sacco said.
The Harvard group has long been known for solid science on diets. Its findings build on a major study earlier this year - a rigorous experiment that found a Mediterranean-style diet supplemented with nuts cuts the chance of heart-related problems, especially strokes, in older people at high risk of them.
Many previous studies tie nut consumption to lower risks of heart disease, diabetes, colon cancer and other maladies.
In 2003, the Food and Drug Administration said a fistful of nuts a day as part of a low-fat diet may reduce the risk of heart disease. The heart association recommends four servings of unsalted, unoiled nuts a week and warns against eating too many, since they are dense in calories.
The new research combines two studies that started in the 1980s on 76,464 female nurses and 42,498 male health professionals. They filled out surveys on food and lifestyle habits every two to four years, including how often they ate a serving (1 ounce) of nuts.
Study participants who often ate nuts were healthier - they weighed less, exercised more and were less likely to smoke, among other things. After taking these and other things into account, researchers still saw a strong benefit from nuts.
Compared with people who never ate nuts, those who had them less than once a week reduced their risk of death 7 percent; once a week, 11 percent; two to four times a week, 13 percent; and seven or more times a week, 20 percent.
"I'm very confident" the observations reflect a true benefit, Bao said. "We did so many analyses, very sophisticated ones," to eliminate other possible explanations.
For example, they did separate analyses on smokers and non-smokers, heavy and light exercisers, and people with and without diabetes, and saw a consistent benefit from nuts.
At a heart association conference in Dallas this week, Penny Kris-Etherton, a Pennsylvania State University nutrition scientist, reviewed previous studies on this topic.
"We're seeing benefits of nut consumption on cardiovascular disease as well as body weight and diabetes," said Kris-Etherton, who has consulted for nut makers and also served on many scientific panels on dietary guidelines.
"We don't know exactly what it is" about nuts that boosts health or which ones are best, she said. "I tell people to eat mixed nuts."
---
Online:
Medical Journal: http://www.nejm.org (http://www.nejm.org/)
American Heart Association on nuts: http://bit.ly/ylTYHl
---

Midnight Blue
11-21-2013, 01:42 AM
Hat tip (H/T) to News Watch Canada.ca (http://www.newswatchcanada.ca/)

Link : http://www.newswatchcanada.ca/

Just don't inhale. Too deeply. We need room to breathe.

Ka' Pla !

Midnight Blue
11-21-2013, 02:26 AM
" Study ties nuts to lower cancer, heart death risk "

I'm all for lowering cancer, and heart death risk.

But tying my nuts, is out of the question.

Ka' Pla !

argos1873
11-21-2013, 09:14 PM
Okay, maybe next time I should just pretend that anything he does doesn't upset me. Sorry, but I have a huge problem with drunk drivers, especially ones that laugh it off as if it was no big deal. Should I have just backed off? Probably. But sometimes we all make impulsive decisions that we likely shouldn't. I let his arrogance really get the better of me.

No problem, just leave it to your vote in the next election, or to the police when they feel the need to intervene. I understand your anger about some of his actions, but yelling at him with profanities about it in public makes you no better than him in some respects. Stay classy, because that's one thing for sure he can never do, and he feeds off his opponents stooping down to his level.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8