PDA

View Full Version : Another Anti GC rant from useless Sun blogger

LLB997
11-24-2013, 02:03 AM
I say another because he basically wrote the exact same article for the 2011 GC. http://blogs.canoe.ca/nosebleeds/football/will-you-be-watching-the-grey-cup-nfl-week-12-picks/

mac_davy
11-24-2013, 12:21 PM
Just read the responses. I just amazes me that this unprofessionalism is encouraged by his mangers, it show how rampant the amateurism is in the Toronto sports media.

ArgoZ
11-24-2013, 12:40 PM
In the comments, Area51 sure cleared up any confusion. It was a good post though. A rhetorical, attacking response, which he excels at.

ArgoRavi
11-24-2013, 01:23 PM
In the comments, Area51 sure cleared up any confusion. It was a good post though. A rhetorical, attacking response, which he excels at.

Area51's response was outstanding!

ArgoGabe22
11-24-2013, 01:28 PM
Area51's response was outstanding!

For once! I think he found his niche.

paulwoods13
11-24-2013, 01:34 PM
So Dan Bilicki is an idiot, but Area51 suddenly is not? Just because A51 wrote something critical of Bilicki's predictable, redundant rant?

How be we revert to the more sensible approach of not giving a damn about what either of them write?

argotom
11-24-2013, 03:38 PM
I like the posting of the first guy even more. Anyway the writer is an idiot, a wannabe American who thinks everything to do with that country is the best. It's too bad there are a lot of people in this city who think a like.

OV Argo
11-24-2013, 04:31 PM
Area 51 and that other poster blast a typical Canadian sports media wannabe/dweeb = love it !

Why are there so many of these wannabes & lemmings in the media up here? Why not a bit of balance with a lot of the other end of the spectrum "reporters" (guys who appreciate/understand and are knowledgeable about sport in their own country)? Speaks volumes IMO.

argos1873
11-24-2013, 04:36 PM
He says "Just because something gets good ratings, doesn’t mean that it is good and vice versa. " But then goes on to support his opinion of why the CFL is no good by bringing up Toronto's alleged lack of support for the Argos. Which is it Dan? Ratings and ticket sales doesn't mean a product is good or not, or it does mean a product is good or not? Typical writing from a hack.

Ron
11-24-2013, 05:24 PM
The Grey Cup will always be huge in Canada, but just not in the nation’s largest city. There’s something about the game that just doesn’t permeate Toronto.

Until they post Southern Ontario TV numbers ... these dweebs will always be able to say this.

The most-viewed post I’ve ever written was about why I think the CFL isn’t good.

But when it comes down to it ... this is why he posted it again.

argos1873
11-24-2013, 05:31 PM
But when it comes down to it ... this is why he posted it again.

Exactly. Its why any of these hacks write about the CFL in this way. Its why trolls on forums and bulletin boards do it to. It gets results. Because there IS a huge amount of CFL fans out there, and conversely there are a fair number of anti-CFL people out there, and both are very vocal. If it was OK to banter about abortion in a nonchalant way, these types of writers would do it too, because it stirs up controversy, and controversy sells papers, brings visitors etc... ie, they have nothing meaningful to write about, so they go to old reliable, which is guarantee to bring numbers. Its sham, hack journalism at its best.

ArgoRavi
11-24-2013, 05:50 PM
Good points! I had never even heard of this Dan Bilicki or whatever his name is until today.

argos1873
11-24-2013, 06:09 PM
Good points! I had never even heard of this Dan Bilicki or whatever his name is until today.

I can't say I have either, but for some reason his name sounds familiar. Is he some sort of regular on the fan590? I don't listen to that station enough to know, but maybe enough to have his name enter my subconscious.

argos1873
11-24-2013, 07:35 PM
Also this comment REALLY bugs me: "There’s just something that feels all too amateurish about the rules and the size of the field." Why? What is his basis to make the decision that the rules and size of field are "amateurish"? Simply because they aren't the same as the NFL's rules and field size? That in it self shows he is ignorant not only about the history of Canadian football, but also about the history of American football. Are the rules and size of the field of Rugby Union also amateurish, Dan? If the CFL had the NFL's rules and field size, and the NFL had the CFL's rules and field size, which one would he suddenly think to be "amateurish"? I think we all know the answer to that.

And this is why I've always said, make Canadian football more unique than it already is, to the point where no one can compare it to the NFL, which is easily done to the average idiot bystander. Anyone who knows the true history of Canadian football will understand why that should be done. Anyone who truly thinks its a truly Canadian game, when you NEED X amount of American starters, coaches and GMs, is truly fooling himself.

Downtownfan
11-24-2013, 08:40 PM
Worse is Cathal Kelly's fantasy piece in the Star about Jon Bon Jovi buying and bringing the Bills to Toronto. Pathetic and laughable, but front page on Grey Cup Sunday. The Star has fallen so far. The haters will all be pushing up daisies and the Argos will still be here.

Neely2005
11-24-2013, 10:08 PM
I refused to click the Link and give them a hit for the article.

1argoholic
11-24-2013, 10:32 PM
Little dork looks like he should be posting about dance clubs not pro football. Why even give dorkboy the satisfaction by posting his BS on here.

argotom
11-24-2013, 11:23 PM
Worse is Cathal Kelly's fantasy piece in the Star about Jon Bon Jovi buying and bringing the Bills to Toronto. Pathetic and laughable, but front page on Grey Cup Sunday. The Star has fallen so far. The haters will all be pushing up daisies and the Argos will still be here. Also, I can't believe it is on the Toronto Sun online, this despite the awesome coverage this year and for the GC.

Argocister
11-24-2013, 11:29 PM
I refused to click the Link and give them a hit for the article.

same here..... not going there

argotom
11-24-2013, 11:58 PM
Don't think the timing is mere coincidence either. This non story is nothing more then The Star trying to downplay the Grey Cup.

Gill The Thrill
11-25-2013, 12:54 AM
Worse is Cathal Kelly's fantasy piece in the Star about Jon Bon Jovi buying and bringing the Bills to Toronto. Pathetic and laughable, but front page on Grey Cup Sunday. The Star has fallen so far. The haters will all be pushing up daisies and the Argos will still be here.

Have to admit, it's why I logged on after hearing this quickly mentioned by Suneel Joshi on CTV Toronto sports. He mentioned it after showing the Grey Cup highlights and some interviews. Odd timing for sure, but no surprise from the Star...my favourite newspaper.;) And Cathal Kelly, hmmm, isn't he the beat writer for Toronto FC. I've honestly never heard this guy talk or write about any form of North American Gridiron Football, just about about Association Football. (Soccer) All of a sudden he's become an authority.:bored:

rdavies
11-25-2013, 11:07 PM
He's no "authority" on soccer either

LLB997
11-29-2013, 06:22 AM
more useless garbage from dan balicky, Nov 28th edition. I am copying and posting it here just so he doesn't get the hits on his blog as follows:.......................................... .. " I may not be American, but that won’t stop me from sitting back and relaxing while watching today’s somewhat decent slate of Turkey day games. In the spirit of things, I figured I’d list just of few of the things in sports that I’m thankful for:
-First off, the fact that CFL fans will over-react to just about anything negative written about their proud league. Reading the comment of my past posts brings a smile to my face, knowing that people care so much about something that’s not very big.
-The fact that nobody has tweeted at me the fact that the Grey Cup had 4.5 million people watch it. The fact that it was that many people watched such a lousy game of football proves that there is quite the loyal audience for Canada’s game.
-That the Bills didn’t give away any freebies for Sunday’s game in Toronto. With 40,000 fans expected, that’s nearly 10,000 more than the East Division final between the Argos and Hamilton Tiger-Cats. Further proof that T.O. cares more about the NFL than the CFL."

ArgoRavi
11-29-2013, 09:25 AM
more useless garbage from dan balicky, Nov 28th edition. I am copying and posting it here just so he doesn't get the hits on his blog as follows:.......................................... .. " I may not be American, but that won’t stop me from sitting back and relaxing while watching today’s somewhat decent slate of Turkey day games. In the spirit of things, I figured I’d list just of few of the things in sports that I’m thankful for:
-First off, the fact that CFL fans will over-react to just about anything negative written about their proud league. Reading the comment of my past posts brings a smile to my face, knowing that people care so much about something that’s not very big.
-The fact that nobody has tweeted at me the fact that the Grey Cup had 4.5 million people watch it. The fact that it was that many people watched such a lousy game of football proves that there is quite the loyal audience for Canada’s game.
-That the Bills didn’t give away any freebies for Sunday’s game in Toronto. With 40,000 fans expected, that’s nearly 10,000 more than the East Division final between the Argos and Hamilton Tiger-Cats. Further proof that T.O. cares more about the NFL than the CFL."

He seriously thinks that the Bills haven't given away any freebies?! Where is the "laughing out loud" icon when you need it? His math is off too.

Fumblitis
11-29-2013, 10:19 AM
I can't believe Bilicki is beating his chest over the fact that the Bills only got 40000 for that game...lol. What he doesn't get is the Bills are in this deal to expand their regional fan base much like the Seahawks are doing in Vancouver. I don't recommend him holding his breath for an NFL team anytime soon.

Mulder
11-29-2013, 10:43 AM
Just another one of those " I don't understand the CFL therefor I must bash it" crowd. Arrogant and have no real knowledge.

Invader
11-29-2013, 03:37 PM
The official EDF attendance was only 4,582 under 40,000, but to this Ballicky dweeb that's "nearly 10,000 more" for the Bills? He obviously isn't very bright, is only semi-literate and not worth wasting our bandwidth over.

LLB997
11-29-2013, 04:15 PM
The official EDF attendance was only 4,582 under 40,000, but to this Ballicky dweeb that's "nearly 10,000 more" for the Bills? He obviously isn't very bright, is only semi-literate and not worth wasting our bandwidth over. sorry for posting. I don't mean to be harping over the negative. I just thought it may be relevant to post as we all know the sports culture in TO and it may be worthwhile to keep updated on what the local peanut gallery is saying in our constant uphill battle with these morons. I will say something though. He seems to be a bit obsessed with the local CFL fanbase mentioning us head on in 2 blogs. Seems the ones ripping him a new one in his comment section is getting to him although he brushes it off by saying we put a smile on his face. Suuuure we do. Good work boy and girls, stay the course.

ArgoGabe22
11-29-2013, 04:26 PM
He's just a troll who writes these kind of articles to gain attention. Problem is if you ignore him, he'll then say how no one cares about the CFL/Argos. If you do reply he'll write how annoying CFL fans are and so on.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8