Ballstothewall
11-28-2013, 05:53 PM
So the Argos came in 3rd for T.O favourite sports teams. TORONTO SUN TODAY

flafson
11-28-2013, 06:09 PM
Who were the other teams and rank?

Deerkeeper
11-28-2013, 06:59 PM
Let me guess: Blue Jays and Leafs, not necessarily in that order.

Neely2005
11-29-2013, 09:49 AM
Who were the other teams and rank?

1. leafs
2. Blue Jays
3. Argonauts

http://virtual.torontosun.com/doc/torontosun/readerschoicefinal/2013112801/#6

ArgoRavi
11-29-2013, 01:02 PM
LOL, Rod Black is the third most popular TV sportscaster. I guess that it makes sense given how many Argos games he has done over the years although he seemed to do fewer this year.

Argocister
11-29-2013, 10:29 PM
Well next year when this readers choice is on, would someone that reads the Sun regularly let the rest of know so that we can go online and vote. I'm sure if we make an effort we can make it to second place. ... Might have to see what the rules are for those of us out of town. ;)

Gill The Thrill
11-30-2013, 12:12 PM
Well next year when this readers choice is on, would someone that reads the Sun regularly let the rest of know so that we can go online and vote. I'm sure if we make an effort we can make it to second place. ... Might have to see what the rules are for those of us out of town. ;)

As much as I'd like to agree with you,... I've attended several Blue Jay games in the last several seasons, and they got a good following from a wide cross-section of fans in the GTA and Golden Horseshoe area. The Argos share the Golden Horseshoe with the Ticats so perhaps that helps the Jays with that 2nd place standing. Would be curious to combine both Argo and Ticat fans and compare that to the Blow Jays...I think a realistic argument can be made that the CFL may be just as popular or cared about as much as MLB or even more in the Golden Horseshoe. I get the impression many Jays fans are just fans of the Toronto team, more than they may be followers of Major League Baseball, but there is a history of Baseball in this part of the world, just as there is a history of Canadian Football, so who can say. I like both but if you forced me to pick only one, then I'd favour Canadian Football over baseball any day of the week.

Like I said, they're 2 different sports with 2 different seasons and I grew up playing both and liking them...so I'm not surprised the Jays would be 2nd, and not surprised that when the Argos are playing competent and competitive football, their TV ratings are on par or better than the Jays.

Argocister
11-30-2013, 07:30 PM
Readers choice awards are dependant on people to submit their vote . Every city or region has these ..... You get enough people phoning or emailing in, via a member push or solicitations, you can get an improved status.

OV Argo
11-30-2013, 11:05 PM
Does the Sun ever report on TV viewership numbers in Canada to compare the Jays vs. Argos - with the CFL/Argos absolutely blowing away the Jays/MLB ???

Wannabes unite !

ArgoRavi
12-01-2013, 01:40 PM
I think that we should all be encouraged that the Argos placed third in this poll without any of us voting in it. The Argos finished ahead of the "major-league" "world class" Raptors which would surprise many outside of this forum although not too many of us on this forum.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8