PDA

View Full Version : Inman Released

Oarsman
12-24-2013, 12:54 PM
The Argos announced they have released Dontrelle Inman. Is he trying his luck with NFL?

paulwoods13
12-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Yes. See the Complete List of Free Agents thread.

Invader
12-24-2013, 01:06 PM
Normally a player is only released early if he has a NFL contract offer as now Inman is a free agent and could sign tomorrow with any CFL team.

ArgoRavi
12-24-2013, 01:17 PM
This is supposed to be a show of good faith. The Argos release the player early so that he can pursue NFL opportunities but he would give the CFL team first shot to have him back if things don't work out in the NFL.

argotom
12-24-2013, 01:47 PM
He will be a large loss if he signs with the No Funners.

Jarid
12-24-2013, 02:00 PM
He's had workouts with Vikes, Charger and the Broncos. His workout with the Broncos was a few days ago. With Welker out with concussion symptoms and no time table to come back Inman could be an insurance policy.

OV Argo
12-24-2013, 11:50 PM
He's had workouts with Vikes, Charger and the Broncos. His workout with the Broncos was a few days ago. With Welker out with concussion symptoms and no time table to come back Inman could be an insurance policy.

Inman would not be available to play this season in the NFL, as far as I understand the rules there (?)

ArgoRavi
12-25-2013, 02:50 AM
Inman would not be available to play this season in the NFL, as far as I understand the rules there (?)

That is correct, OV. He would be ineligible to play until next season.

Will
12-25-2013, 11:29 AM
Yeah, he couldn't play this season, it is an unfortunate loss nevertheless. He's had a few injury problems in his two years too, but if he was healthy he'd likely be above 1000 yards in each of those seasons. Hopefully with another year under his belt John Chiles can make replacing Inman easier.

This is supposed to be a show of good faith. The Argos release the player early so that he can pursue NFL opportunities but he would give the CFL team first shot to have him back if things don't work out in the NFL.

In theory yes.

ArgoGabe22
12-25-2013, 01:16 PM
People were upset when Kuale was released early and then signed with MTL but I wasn't. He signed well after free agency began. If he returns I assume he will return as an Argo, much like Arceneaux and Vega did with their respected clubs.

Skinny G
01-07-2014, 03:57 PM
Looks like Inman to San Diego: http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/source-ex-argos-wr-inman-to-sign-with-chargers/

ArgoRavi
01-07-2014, 07:59 PM
Looks like Inman to San Diego: http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/source-ex-argos-wr-inman-to-sign-with-chargers/

His head coach in San Diego will be former Calgary backup QB Mike McCoy.

OV Argo
01-07-2014, 08:09 PM
His head coach in San Diego will be former Calgary backup QB Mike McCoy.

Always thought McCoy was a good QB when he got to play in his brief CFL time and wished he would have played more; he has risen fast in the NFL coaching rankings i bet in leading the Chargers to an upset play-off win on the road.

ArgoRavi
01-07-2014, 08:16 PM
Always thought McCoy was a good QB when he got to play in his brief CFL time and wished he would have played more; he has risen fast in the NFL coaching rankings i bet in leading the Chargers to an upset play-off win on the road.

IIRC, Calgary signed McCoy to back up Dave Dickenson in 1999 after Henry Burris suffered a season-ending injury. McCoy had never played in the CFL before but seemed to pick up the Canadian game quickly. After that one season, he was offered an assistant coaching position in the NFL, I believe, and the rest is history.

ArgoGabe22
01-07-2014, 09:23 PM
He's like the Milanovich of the NFL. From backup to a coach in seconds. Surprisingly, Milanovic played in CGY too.

eiben35
01-08-2014, 05:20 PM
Good luck Dontrelle. If you don't make it my son willl be happy becuase he bought and Inman jersey last season after buying a Cory Boyd jersey the year before.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8