PDA

View Full Version : Adrian McPherson signs with Calgary

AngeloV
01-08-2014, 11:26 AM
I find this as an intersting signing. Calgary to me looks set at QB, unless they plan on moving Drew Tate. I figured if AM was coming back to the CFL, it would have been Winnipeg for sure.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=440551

ArgoRavi
01-08-2014, 01:48 PM
I had originally thought that McPherson would resurface in Ottawa. I think that he realizes that he left Montreal a year too early. He would have been the starting QB for the Als for much of this past season if he had stuck around.

doubleblue
01-08-2014, 02:23 PM
I find this as an intersting signing. Calgary to me looks set at QB, unless they plan on moving Drew Tate. I figured if AM was coming back to the CFL, it would have been Winnipeg for sure.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=440551 The first thing that crossed my mind when I saw the McPherson signing was, maybe Huff is considering moving Tate. Winnipeg would seem to be the likely landing place for him and they may be desperate enough to take a chance. The thing is, if Tate can stay healthy he could still be a pretty good QB in the CFL. Otherwise I just didn't the logic of McPherson signing in Calgary knowing he would be 3rd string going into training camp. I think there is another shoe to drop with the QB situation in Calgary.

1argoholic
01-09-2014, 01:04 PM
My wife is on holiday's in Cali and she sent an e-mail about her Stamps signing McPherson and I'll I replied was, He's Crap. haha. He's done very little in this league.

ArgoRavi
01-09-2014, 04:32 PM
My wife is on holiday's in Cali and she sent an e-mail about her Stamps signing McPherson and I'll I replied was, He's Crap. haha. He's done very little in this league.

I think that he is a decent backup but I haven't seen anything from McPherson to convince me at this time that he can be an effective full-time starter.

294life
01-18-2014, 09:08 AM
With Tate and Mitchell now signed as well I feel he is more trade bait than anything.

294life
01-18-2014, 09:10 AM

His one true contribution was sept 11 2010 when he led his als over the cats at ever whine in what was so far the only meaningful win in his career. For the rest he never really had a true chance and I'm not sure Calgary will give him much playing time unless Tate gets hurt again.

ArgoRavi
01-18-2014, 05:08 PM
Tate, by the way, has signed a contract extension with Calgary as has Bo Levi Mitchell so it appears as though McPherson will be battling it out for the #3 job in Cowtown.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8