PDA

View Full Version : RedBlacks Potential season schedule (home)

Mulder
01-17-2014, 08:19 AM
Ottawa Fury`s fall schedule release.

I don`t think there will be the ability to host events on the same day. - However I`m not sure if there there is any restrictions on hosting an event the same weekend.

Only thought that comes to mind is McGill stadium with Montreal, as I think they need the day before to setup all the banners/flags, etc. for the Als. With the seats 3D it makes it look as if they are repainting the field? I dunno.

Anyways, Here is Ottawa Fury's home schedule. Assuming they cannot host a Fury & Redblacks game in the same weekend. The RedBlacks
Have 10-11 weekends over the CFL season to pick 9 home games from. Including the first 3 weeks, which the owner has indicated they would play on the road for 2-3 games to start the season. I'm interested to see how it falls into place.

July -
Sunday 20th

August
Saturday 9th
Saturday 16th
Saturday 30th

September
Saturday 6th
Saturday 27th

October
Wednesday 1st
Saturday 18th
Saturday 25th

Mulder
01-17-2014, 08:56 AM
FYI. I wonder if this could be used as well

(From Seahawks stadium wiki)
A local company developed a paint that is relatively easy to remove at the request of the Seahawks. Converting the field between American football and soccer takes 14 hours in dry weather.[47]

Mulder
01-17-2014, 12:48 PM
FYI. I wonder if this could be used as well

(From Seahawks stadium wiki)
A local company developed a paint that is relatively easy to remove at the request of the Seahawks. Converting the field between American football and soccer takes 14 hours in dry weather.[47]

Just got confirmation from Ottawa Fury - Lines will be painted and repainted for each sport. Expect that to take 14 hours.

294life
01-18-2014, 09:03 AM
I'm going to take a wild stab here and guess that they'll open the cfl season there on canada day. Reeeeaaalllly just guessin'....

ArgoRavi
01-18-2014, 05:11 PM
I'm going to take a wild stab here and guess that they'll open the cfl season there on canada day. Reeeeaaalllly just guessin'....

That was the original plan but I have recently heard Jeff Hunt say that they won't be opening at home until the third week of the regular season to ensure that the stadium has sufficient time to be completed. I expect Hamilton will start on the road for the first two weeks as well before opening at their new stadium against, I am guessing, the hated Argos. I am going to guess that Ottawa's first home game will be against the Als.

T-Bone
01-21-2014, 10:53 AM
I would like to get out to Ottawa's home opener. I just hope it doesn't conflict with an Argo or Ti-Cat home game as I have tickets to both teams now.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8