PDA

View Full Version : Meet the Coywolf

Wobbler
01-23-2014, 12:17 AM
This documentary aired on "Nature" (the PBS documentary series) tonight, but I'm pretty sure that it was shown on "The Nature of Things" several months ago and is therefore a co-production or was licensed or... something?

I enjoyed MTC and it was fun to see Toronto featured so prominently. Did anyone else see it and is anyone aware of its origins? There was another terrific program last year, "A Murder of Crows", that probably followed the same pattern.

1argoholic
04-15-2014, 09:44 PM
LOVE animals and nature. I have seen both shows. Seems like most people have no idea what they are seeing when in comes to Coyotes, Wolves or the Coywolf. I know I've seen all three at various times. We used to get Coyotes in Mississauga. They don't have as thick of a body. We saw a Coywolf cross our road up here in the sticks last fall. It was bigger than a Coyote but still smaller than a Wolf. Say three wolves crossing a frozen river near Tweed Ontario years ago. Seems like the majority of Southern Ontario has Coywolves not Coyotes as many used to believe. I know we had something through the yard last week that stole one of my bird suet feeders. Later that day I noticed large dog like prints in the mud and scat that was full of fur. Had to be a Coywolf or Coyote. A little unnerving when we have three small dogs but we always take them out on a leash.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8