PDA

View Full Version : Picard signs with Sask

KCargosfan
02-15-2012, 06:16 PM
Crap. I don't wish Tyler Holmes failure but it would be nice to have him in camp.

http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/

OV Argo
02-15-2012, 06:24 PM
Time for Jon St-Pierre to step-up and claim a starting C job in the CFL; thought it would have happened by now; hope he has it to be a good one.

gilthethrill
02-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Picard is a workman like player who will be missed, but I think the Argos were expecting this. So, does St. Pierre become the leading candidate to start at C?

1argoholic
02-15-2012, 06:33 PM
He's dead to me that scum.

OV Argo
02-15-2012, 07:25 PM
Picard is a workman like player who will be missed, but I think the Argos were expecting this. So, does St. Pierre become the leading candidate to start at C?

I would think so - unless he really bombs in TC to the new coaching staff; and Gagne-Marcoux could move over to C - both he and St-Pierre were all-star centres in DI US college ball. And Parenteau played some C for the Riders, but he's more a natural OT and has played guard more in the CFL.

Area 51
02-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Tough to see Picard leave. That was the one guy I felt like Toronto had to really make a priority of retaining.

But if I had to choose between a C/QB combo of Picard and Steve Jyles or Ricky Ray and whoever, it would be the latter every time.

Wobbler
02-15-2012, 11:27 PM
This is really unfortunate. Picard is one of the two best centers in the league, and we might end up missing him a lot. We do have a good group of candidates to take his job, though; if JSP turns out to be a good center we could hypothetically actually come out ahead, since St. Pierre would be earning his salary and there would be less risk that he'd ever line up at guard again (heh). The more likely outcome is that in 2012 we'll have the occasional bad snap and that our new center will sometimes be beaten up the middle, unfortunately.

bluto
02-16-2012, 11:06 AM
looks like a simple case of Picard's "ask" being too far above the dollar figure that Barker allocated to the position under the new structure.

i'll miss the nastiness that Dominator brought to the line. hope we don't lose that.

Argocister
02-16-2012, 07:04 PM
Sorry to see Picard go .... Riders are definitely beefing up their O-line.
Wonder if I could pick up an Argo Picard jersey now he's gone to riderville?

7dj83r8f78t4alf8