View Full Version : Game Day/Time Survey from the Argos

Mulder
02-07-2014, 08:13 AM
Just received a game day/time survey from my old ticket rep for the Argos.

ArgoGabe22
02-07-2014, 08:45 AM
Weekend afternoon is a fixture that I prefer and is something that has decreased over time. I remember in '04 they had a couple of 3pm games on a Saturday, plus a 5pm game on a Sunday.

doubleblue
02-07-2014, 08:45 AM
I voted on the Argo survey as well. Meant to hit the Friday Night, Saturday and Sunday one. But I'm ok with the S & S weekend games. I don't think its rocket science that most working people don't like going down to the RC on week nights.

Neely2005
02-07-2014, 12:00 PM
I'm fine with both Weekend Evenings & Weekend Afternoons.

Argocister
02-07-2014, 01:57 PM
As an Argos fan ..... The survey will have a different meaning than say a Roughriders fan ..... They never have week night games eg Tuesday or Monday .
I would select any fri.,sat ,sun anytime afternoon or evening. So in effect a or b

matchuk
02-07-2014, 03:44 PM
a or b as well...i like the idea of having some games on saturday afternoon, i think that would be nice

argotom
02-07-2014, 04:45 PM
Weekend wins in a landslide.

ArgoRedneck
02-07-2014, 07:11 PM
FRI or SAT. I may add that with a move to BMO, and MLSE I think the Argos will have a GREAT opportunity to package a afternoon then a night game with the Marlies or the other way around.

Neely2005
02-07-2014, 08:08 PM
FRI or SAT. I may add that with a move to BMO, and MLSE I think the Argos will have a GREAT opportunity to package a afternoon then a night game with the Marlies or the other way around.

There's not a lot of overlap between the 2 seasons.

ArgoRedneck
02-07-2014, 08:40 PM
There's not a lot of overlap between the 2 seasons.

1 game is good. A promotion. Kids and adults get 2 great games and hot dogs for the price of 1 on a weekend????? ST holders can exchange for a game, get tickets for reduced cost???

ArgoFan1
02-07-2014, 11:46 PM
I voted for anytime. Anytime is a good time for an Argo game. Weekend games are great to make a day out of it, but I also happen to like a weeknight game as I go straight from work, eat somewhere and head to the game. To me, that is great, but I realize a lot of people prefer not to have to travel into the city. I work by the airport, so it is not a long drive in around 3:30 or 4:00, which leaves loads of time to eat somewhere. If it is to be a weeknight, then I suppose I would prefer a Friday night as I don't have to get up the next day for work.

LLB997
02-09-2014, 01:46 AM
Love weeknight games, specifically Tuesday nights. XD

Ron
02-09-2014, 02:08 AM
Surprised nobody asked why they are even asking. Had Braley made a new scheduling deal with Rogers in the new lease?

ArgoRavi
02-09-2014, 02:48 AM
Surprised nobody asked why they are even asking. Had Braley made a new scheduling deal with Rogers in the new lease?

MLSE probably wants to know as they make plans for the Argos to play out of BMO. ;)

294life
02-10-2014, 08:54 PM
I understand it's a multiple-choice poll but shouldn't it still add up to 100% ?

argolio
02-10-2014, 10:48 PM
I prefer night games in summer, and afternoons in the fall. I really liked those fall Saturday 3:00 games from a few years ago.

Neely2005
02-11-2014, 05:25 AM
I understand it's a multiple-choice poll but shouldn't it still add up to 100% ?

You can vote for more than 1 choice.

Will
02-11-2014, 10:28 AM
I prefer Saturday or Sunday afternoons or Friday and Saturday evenings. I voted for the first two options based on that, but I don't like Sunday evenings because it doesn't allow for any post-game fun.

Downtownfan
02-11-2014, 11:16 AM
I gotta say, this year was a bummer not only because of the crappy days, but the fact that there were NO daytime games. Since my 6 year old is my other season ticket holder (the five year old will be getting his next year), it meant that I could not really take my kids to any of the games (we went to the EF, of course, and I had four others with us, including two kids-- a great group). Friday nights are great for me and a buddy, but my preference would be for SOME daytime weekend games, so my kids can go to a few.

Once we are in BMO, the dynamic is going to change dramatically. From a pure curiosity/newness factor, I suspect the first few games will sell out-- this will create a real demand and a momentum for the franchise, something that was not even present in the GC100 year. Its going to be a whole new ballgame, as long as they don't charge us crazy money.

I also saw on one of the soccer forums that MLSE has recently sent out Raptors freebies to all their TFC season seat holders. Another example of the MLSE cross promotion (and the problems of getting rid of Raptors tickets, I suppose).

D-Gap-Willie
02-11-2014, 11:55 PM
I'm still in favor of the old (like me ) pattern of Friday night ganes until Labor Day, with Saturday and Sunday afternoon games after that. I love the weekend aternnoon games, but it's wonderful to have most of the weekend clear for planning other things during the summer.

Argo57
02-12-2014, 12:28 AM
I think we all will be very pleasantly surprised by the 2014 scheduled dates this season!!!
From what I have been told the vast majority of the games will be on weekends with only 1 early week game.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8