PDA

View Full Version : Openly gay NFL prospect speaks out

ArgoRavi
02-10-2014, 12:06 AM
http://nesn.com/2014/02/report-michael-sams-nfl-draft-stock-will-drop-after-announcing-he-is-gay/

I saw some footage of this player and he would seem to be a good fit for the CFL as a rush end. He is projected as a third to seventh rounder in the NFL but I wonder if anyone will draft him after his announcement. One would think that one of the 32 NFL teams will give him a shot but I don't think that it is unrealistic to believe that he could be in the CFL within the next year or two. I wonder who has his CFL rights.

ArgoRavi
05-11-2014, 01:33 PM
Well, Sam was finally drafted in the 7th round by the Rams (249th overall) yesterday.

Will
05-11-2014, 02:27 PM
The Rams were descent against the run last season and registered 53 sacks. The addition of Sam will help them even more.

1argoholic
05-11-2014, 07:10 PM
Rams have a great player and shame on other teams for letting him pass until that late. I'm sure if he didn't come out he would have been picked much earlier. I'd gladly have him in double blue as he's a great player. Fun to watch as well.

paulwoods13
05-11-2014, 08:32 PM
I'd love to see him in the CFL, hope he makes it in the NFL but it's a long shot for any seventh-rounder. The scouting report is that he's a tweener -- too small to play rush end and too slow to play OLB. However, he's a good athlete and one would think he might at least become a special teams demon.

Will
05-12-2014, 07:56 PM
Turns out this struck a nerve with Maurice Price.

AngeloV
05-12-2014, 08:02 PM
Turns out this struck a nerve with Maurice Price.

I have a saying for guys like Maurice Price...They're TSTL (too stupid to live).

ArgoRavi
05-13-2014, 12:46 AM
I wonder what Jon Cornish thinks about Price's comments as they are certainly an insult to his family.

argonaut11xx
05-13-2014, 01:36 PM
Excerpt from the Calgary Sun,

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/05/12/calgary-stampeders-receiver-maurice-price-tweets-about-michael-sam

Price tweeted: “My faith won’t allow me to ACCEPT what took place over the weekend! Sorry, NOT sorry! #AdamAndEve #NotAdamAndAdam.”
Reached late in the afternoon, Price said he has no issue with Sam or that he’s an openly gay player but defended his own right to have an opinion on homosexuality.
“I wish Michael Sam nothing but the best and I hope he goes and has a fantastic career,” Price said.
“It’s nothing personal against him.
“People think I’m saying he shouldn’t be drafted into the NFL, or they shouldn’t have homosexual players. That’s not it at all.
“I was speaking about homosexuality in general. As a Christian, obviously it’s not something I can condone or accept.”

T-Bone
05-14-2014, 11:43 AM
http://youtu.be/J7GrGW1ul4U

D-Gap-Willie
08-31-2014, 07:29 AM
Michael Sam has been a final cut. No word if he will go to St Louis practice roster, or be picked up for another teams PR. Who knows - he might come to the CFL some day after all.

argonaut11xx
10-21-2014, 05:21 PM
OK...the Circus seems to be over (thankfully)....(cut by Dallas today)

That said, could this FOOTBALL PLAYER...help the Argo's less than stellar defense?...

I think he would be worth a look, would he be interested?...

ArgoRavi
10-21-2014, 06:50 PM
OK...the Circus seems to be over (thankfully)....(cut by Dallas today)

That said, could this FOOTBALL PLAYER...help the Argo's less than stellar defense?...

I think he would be worth a look, would he be interested?...

I have said all along that he seems better suited to the Canadian game than he does to the NFL game. Unfortunately for the Argos, Jim Popp has already placed Sam on Montreal's neg list.

argonaut11xx
10-21-2014, 07:54 PM
I have said all along that he seems better suited to the Canadian game than he does to the NFL game. Unfortunately for the Argos, Jim Popp has already placed Sam on Montreal's neg list.

MTL has the best D in the east by far....figures they have had the foresight to protect this player.

(BTW T-Bone, that video from that PLUG Hansen, shows that he is DUMB as a bag of rocks.)

T-Bone
10-24-2014, 06:36 AM
(BTW T-Bone, that video from that PLUG Hansen, shows that he is DUMB as a bag of rocks.)
Hansen has the right to have an opinion.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8