View Full Version : Chad "OchoCinco" Johnson to the Lions?

ArgoGabe22
03-13-2014, 09:51 PM
Whether it's a joke or a publicity stunt because he's so desperate for a contract, at least it gives us fans something to talk about and track during a break in news.

ddangatti: What team u gonna sign with bruh? @ochocinco

Chad Johnson ‏@ochocinco 10m BC Lions

-------

Chad Johnson ‏@ochocinco 31m
Wide open & stopping on 2 nickels RT @BCLions: Guess we’ll be seeing you at our free agent camps? http://content.forum.canucks.com/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.png

-------

Chad Johnson ‏@ochocinco 11m
I believe so as long as I'm not fined for my shoes RT @BCLions: Think you could pull off one of these unis?

Argo57
03-13-2014, 10:00 PM
Surely the Lions can't be that desperate can they, who's next Leon Sandcastle and Jerry Ricecakes!!

Argocister
03-13-2014, 11:11 PM
Wouldn't it be Ocho that would be desperate? Probably support payments are adding up

ArgoGabe22
03-14-2014, 08:22 AM
He has been tweeting to some players like Marsh, Arcenaux and Lulay but who knows. I doubt Buono would really want to bring him in. I do know that Rod Black would be supportive of such move. Imagine all the tidbits he could come up with.

Argocister
03-14-2014, 09:31 AM
I hypothesize that these tweets started with one I saw a couple days ago.... When Ocho tweeted he was practising as hard as a lion. Someone then retweeted it with the hashtag BCLions. ..... Rumour mills ;)

ArgoRavi
03-14-2014, 05:53 PM
I have a feeling that the player in question and the Lions are just having a little social media fun.

ArgoGabe22
03-18-2014, 12:33 PM
Well at least one team, not the Lions, have put Chad Johnson on their negotiation list. Jim Barker sure likes to give NFLers a chance. Just saying.

ArgoRavi
03-18-2014, 02:51 PM
Well at least one team, not the Lions, have put Chad Johnson on their negotiation list. Jim Barker sure likes to give NFLers a chance. Just saying.

If he knows that the Lions are interested, perhaps Barker's plan is to trade Johnson's rights to B.C. for a draft pick or the rights to another player.

AngeloV
03-18-2014, 03:37 PM
If he knows that the Lions are interested, perhaps Barker's plan is to trade Johnson's rights to B.C. for a draft pick or the rights to another player.

I think if Barker has put him on the Argos list, it's in hopes that he can still play. Like it or not, OchoCinco would sell tickets and merchandise. Who knows, there might be some leverage from MLSE being played here. It seems as though big name signings has TFC hyped. Torn about whether or not I would go after him, but the Argos certainly can use the hype.

ArgoGabe22
03-20-2014, 11:21 AM
Added to the Als neg list.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=446799

ArgoGabe22
04-17-2014, 02:03 PM
After a 3 day minicamp, the Als have officially signed Johnson to a contract. No way they keep Green, Richardson and London. Let's see if AV is right that London will be on his way out.

AngeloV
04-17-2014, 02:50 PM
After a 3 day minicamp, the Als have officially signed Johnson to a contract. No way they keep Green, Richardson and London. Let's see if AV is right that London will be on his way out.

LOL...I guess you read my twitter dialogue with him. Personally, I think he sucks and will not make the Als this year...whether or not Johnson does.

argonaut11xx
04-17-2014, 05:46 PM
Signed a 2 yr deal with the Alouettes ...

Jim Popp is on Prime time with McCown right now...

Apparently Chad was working out in Florida with Duron Carter of the Al's (prior to the 3 day tryout), and Carter contacted Popp regarding getting him on the Al's neg list.

(as an aside, McCown initially announced that "Johnson signed with the Expo's")

Argo57
04-17-2014, 07:18 PM
Signed a 2 yr deal with the Alouettes ...

Jim Popp is on Prime time with McCown right now...

Apparently Chad was working out in Florida with Duron Carter of the Al's (prior to the 3 day tryout), and Carter contacted Popp regarding getting him on the Al's neg list.

(as an aside, McCown initially announced that "Johnson signed with the Expo's")

My source told me Rod Black was supervising Duron Carter's workout and dabbing his sweaty forehead.

AngeloV
04-17-2014, 07:55 PM
Dave Naylor interviewed Johnson on his show on the good sports radio station :).

Johnson praised the talent he was working out with in mini camp as NFL worthy, and gave the impression he liked the small sample size of the game he was exposed to. I know a lot of people are hoping he fails to validate the level of play in the league. I for one, hope he succeeds and has a good attitude and a lot of fun. I don't worry about what NFL only people think or say about our league.

gilthethrill
04-17-2014, 08:04 PM
Dave Naylor interviewed Johnson on his show on the good sports radio station :).

Johnson praised the talent he was working out with in mini camp as NFL worthy, and gave the impression he liked the small sample size of the game he was exposed to. I know a lot of people are hoping he fails to validate the level of play in the league. I for one, hope he succeeds and has a good attitude and a lot of fun. I don't worry about what NFL only people think or say about our league.

I heard that interview as well. Seems odd Montreal would cut a productive veteran in ABIII only to sign another aging receiver. On a side note, watch what happens with Brandon Whittaker...if he is the odd man out in the Montreal backfield, he could reunite with Milanovich since Chadwick Kackert will start the campaign injured.

OV Argo
04-17-2014, 10:36 PM

I agree AV - like to see him do well (and who cares what the NFL only types think), but IF he earns it and isn't a me first distraction; Popp might have signed him thinking he would help sell tickets (good bet), but if he can't cut it in TC competition, don't hand the guy a job / starting time cause he's a big NFL name. Should be interesting in Montreal - might be a very good receiving corps with Richardson & Green, Duron Carter (a bit over-hyped & over-rated IMO, but definitely flashed good talent), + maybe Ocho + Stala back there as a sure-handed, vet possession receiver. Ocho to play the wide-side WR spot? - pretty limited role in today's CFL passing games, but maybe they work him as an inside guy in their 5 pack?

LLB997
04-18-2014, 02:28 AM
Whats a bigger likelyhood this upcoming season. Als getting to the Grey Cup or Rod Black's head EXPLODING.!? How long before Black calls Chad Johnson "The CFL's Chad Johnson"

paulwoods13
04-18-2014, 01:05 PM
I agree AV - like to see him do well (and who cares what the NFL only types think), but IF he earns it and isn't a me first distraction; Popp might have signed him thinking he would help sell tickets (good bet), but if he can't cut it in TC competition, don't hand the guy a job / starting time cause he's a big NFL name.

Popp has a history of signing NFL names and then cutting them if they can't play well enough, so I doubt he will keep 85 just because he's a big name.

gilthethrill
04-19-2014, 04:39 PM
You don't have the longevity or success of a Jim Popp by handing a job/starting time to a player just because he is a big NFL name.

Rich
04-20-2014, 03:10 AM
I know a lot of people are hoping he fails to validate the level of play in the league.

I don't think it validates the CFL when an ex-NFLer fails. Just the opposite. When Ricky Williams "failed" the critics blamed lousy CFL offenses, lousy Argo coaching and lousy CFL O-Linemen who couldn't block a grandmother.

But if Chad Quatre-Vingt Cinq succeeds, and his main message is how good CFL players are, that would do a lot more to validate the CFL IMHO.

Wobbler
04-20-2014, 10:26 PM
Chad Quatre-Vingt Cinq
Very nice.

I agree with most of what you said, but you're putting words in CQVC's mouth; he could just as easily succeed and "announce" that CFL DBs are a joke. I'm not really worried either way. It seems unlikely that the league's reputation will change but the extra attention is welcome.

Rich
04-20-2014, 11:30 PM
Very nice.

I agree with most of you said, but you're putting words in CQVC's mouth; he could just easily succeed and "announce" that CFL DBs are a joke.

Apparently he made some comments after the minicamp, no less, about how tough the competition was. Once a crowdpleaser, always a crowdpleaser.

jerrym
04-20-2014, 11:36 PM
Watch what happens with Brandon Whittaker...if he is the odd man out in the Montreal backfield, he could reunite with Milanovich since Chadwick Kackert will start the campaign injured.
If Whittaker is the odd man out and he's is not too damaged from previous injuries, it would certainly be worthwhile for the Argos to take a look at him if he becomes available (admittedly a lot of ifs).

LLB997
04-21-2014, 08:12 PM
I don't think it validates the CFL when an ex-NFLer fails. Just the opposite. When Ricky Williams "failed" the critics blamed lousy CFL offenses, lousy Argo coaching and lousy CFL O-Linemen who couldn't block a grandmother.

But if Chad Quatre-Vingt Cinq succeeds, and his main message is how good CFL players are, that would do a lot more to validate the CFL IMHO.

CFL validated itself years ago. The naysayers will remain naysayers at the end of the day. Would not even worry bout it. I wish him to do well as i would any of the many ex NFLers who find there way to the worlds best football league.

AngeloV
04-22-2014, 01:39 PM
Validate may have been a poor choice of words on my part. I just know that there are a lot of CFL fans that like to see ex-NFLers come up here and fail.

Argo
05-09-2014, 10:02 PM
Apparently he made some comments after the minicamp, no less, about how tough the competition was. Once a crowdpleaser, always a crowdpleaser.

Every CFL player should remember to be something of a crowd pleaser and not a bridge burner.

Chad looked as though he could make a significant contribution to the Als offence. Clearly he can still play at a high level... if his body hold ups over the course of the season.

294life
05-28-2014, 02:44 PM
ochocinco is cleared to play. he was in attendance at the habs game last night and seemed to have to brought them good luck.

ArgoRavi
05-28-2014, 03:40 PM
ochocinco is cleared to play. he was in attendance at the habs game last night and seemed to have to brought them good luck.

He has been tweeting about his experiences in Quebec. PK Subban has given him a warm welcome as well.

ArgoRavi
07-04-2014, 02:45 AM
Here is a nice feature on CNN about Chad Johnson: http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2014/06/21/unguarded-chad-johnson.cnn.html

ArgoRavi
08-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Chad Johnson is starting to get some heat in Montreal after only four catches through the first third of the season: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Zurkowsky+Frustration+starting+show+among+Alouette s/10092521/story.html

1argoholic
08-06-2014, 07:31 AM
Keep him in the lineup!!! Hope he has four more catches by the end of the year. hahaha!!! Hopefully Montreal continues it's slide. Nice to see them crap it for a change. See if the fans still come out.

Argo
08-06-2014, 03:46 PM

R. Williams played behind one of the worst O-lines that I have ever seen. He actually run the ball rather well, given that he had no support. Finally, he had to contend with a freak injury. R. Williams was a very talented running back and, AFAIK, a likeable fellow.

Argo
08-06-2014, 03:56 PM
Chad Johnson is starting to get some heat in Montreal after only four catches through the first third of the season: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Zurkowsky+Frustration+starting+show+among+Alouette s/10092521/story.html

All of the Montreal receivers are having a terrible season. They - including Chad Johnson - didn't all suddenly become no-talents, but they're part of a genuine cluster-f-iasco. Hopefully, the mess is resolved in a timely manner: it reflects poorly upon a league that is already experiencing too many substandard games.

AngeloV
08-06-2014, 07:39 PM
R. Williams played behind one of the worst O-lines that I have ever seen. He actually run the ball rather well, given that he had no support. Finally, he had to contend with a freak injury. R. Williams was a very talented running back and, AFAIK, a likeable fellow.

Funny, I never thought Ricky Williams failed. I thought given the way he was used, he actually played quite well. The team failed, not Williams.

AngeloV
08-06-2014, 10:06 PM
BTW, I love this tweet from former Argo P.K. Sam yesterday:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>My first 6cfl games =39 catches 499yds 3TDs Chad Johnson's first 6= 4catches 78yds 1TD. Just saying lol</p>&mdash; P.K. Sam (@Gatorkiller2003) <a href="https://twitter.com/Gatorkiller2003/statuses/496659084003663872">August 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7dj83r8f78t4alf8