PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else get the email from the commish today?

KCargosfan
03-20-2014, 05:14 PM
Sounds interesting about the possibility of a 10th team happening within a decade.

Invader
03-20-2014, 10:59 PM
The commissioner did send me a email today outlining the priorities for 2014. Good to see him mention the hopefull expansion of U.S. televised games. The CFL ratings were comparable to the MLS on ESPN2 and NBCSN, it'd be nice if all the games were shown live.

LLB997
03-20-2014, 11:50 PM
The commissioner did send me a email today outlining the priorities for 2014. Good to see him mention the hopefull expansion of U.S. televised games. The CFL ratings were comparable to the MLS on ESPN2 and NBCSN, it'd be nice if all the games were shown live.

I do believe head to head that the CFL beat diveball ratings more often than not on espn/nbc

Neely2005
03-21-2014, 07:11 AM
I do believe head to head that the CFL beat diveball ratings more often than not on espn/nbc

I got the Email from the commissioner too.

IIRC the CFL ratings on ESPN were higher than the MLS ratings on ESPN. I think that it was mentioned in This Thread:

http://www.argofans.com/showthread.php?2353-TV-ratings

argotom
03-21-2014, 04:43 PM
Ditto as well.
The only thing I do not like is his self imposed blackout on the CBA.
The fans interest is unbelievable on these negotiations and to blackout reporting on the status again is like the old days of TV blackouts. How did that work?

ArgoRavi
03-21-2014, 05:27 PM
Ditto as well.
The fans interest is unbelievable on these negotiations and to blackout reporting on the status again is like the old days of TV blackouts. How did that work?

That is not uncommon practice in negotiations for a new CBA, AT. This way, you don't have people yapping in the media and perhaps creating hard feelings which only makes negotiations more difficult.

paulwoods13
03-21-2014, 07:42 PM
The fans interest is unbelievable on these negotiations and to blackout reporting on the status again is like the old days of TV blackouts.

Yeah, remember the good ol' days when we used to be able watch collective bargaining live on TV?

rdavies
03-21-2014, 08:31 PM
Yeah, remember the good ol' days when we used to be able watch collective bargaining live on TV?You couldn't fathom my unbelievable interest in dental and moving expenses. And per diems, that's the shizzle!

7dj83r8f78t4alf8