PDA

View Full Version : Argos about to sign Adam Tafralis?

KCargosfan
02-16-2012, 12:28 PM
http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/

It's either us or Montreal. I'm guessing it's us.

1argoholic
02-16-2012, 12:48 PM
If this is true it could be a good signing.

Invader
02-16-2012, 03:18 PM
I've always liked Tafralis he could become a good QB. His throwing motion reminds me of Heisman Trophy winner Eric Crouch.

Will
02-16-2012, 04:55 PM
http://tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=388017

Official as per TSN. This rules out Jackson I guess.

KCargosfan
02-16-2012, 05:03 PM
His throwing motion reminds me of Heisman Trophy winner Eric Crouch.

That's not really a good thing as Crouch sucked at passing in college and pro.

R.J
02-16-2012, 05:17 PM
http://tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=388017

Official as per TSN. This rules out Jackson I guess.
Not necessarily, depends on the contracts I suppose. In either case if Jarious isn't coming, still like the Tafralis move, he is a capable back-up IMO.

Will
02-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Not necessarily, depends on the contracts I suppose. In either case if Jarious isn't coming, still like the Tafralis move, he is a capable back-up IMO.

Tafralis didn't get as much playing time in Hamilton as I thought. He's only thrown 57 passes in the CFL so I suppose you're right that Jackson could still be brought in. That pushes Tafralis to a battle with Hall for the 3rd stringer spot. Either way, I don't think that the Argos are going into camp with three quarterbacks.

1argoholic
02-16-2012, 06:33 PM
Bye bye Bell! I like this signing.

argotom
02-16-2012, 06:56 PM
A good signing, but I still think Jackson may be in the mix as well.

ArgoRavi
02-16-2012, 07:49 PM
Tafralis didn't get as much playing time in Hamilton as I thought. He's only thrown 57 passes in the CFL so I suppose you're right that Jackson could still be brought in. That pushes Tafralis to a battle with Hall for the 3rd stringer spot. Either way, I don't think that the Argos are going into camp with three quarterbacks.

Tafralis was a third stringer in Hamilton for three years so I doubt that he has any intention of battling it out for the #3 job in Toronto. I will be surprised if he isn't #2 behind Ray when all is said and done and I am comfortable with that as he played well in his limited opportunities in Hamilton.

AngeloV
02-16-2012, 10:39 PM
I'm happy to hear this. He has good size and decent mobility. Definitely more potential than Bell or Hall.

ArgoRavi
02-17-2012, 12:31 AM
I'm happy to hear this. He has good size and decent mobility. Definitely more potential than Bell or Hall.

Or Jackson for that matter.

argolio
02-17-2012, 01:06 AM
I LOVE this signing!

Now let's have three young guys (including or not including Hall) compete in camp for #3, and I'll be happy.

argonaut11xx
02-17-2012, 07:34 AM
This is a good signing...when this kid was let go in Hamilton it was based on his physical comparisons to Quinton Porter, the skill sets were close to equal, Porter was just more physically imposing.
I am finally comfortable with the Argo's 1-2 punch at QB, and see a potential for a "transition" QB, instead of a "cattle call".
Hall, Bell, i was never sold on either one.
Jackson ...well...spend the money someplace else where it is needed.

paulwoods13
02-17-2012, 08:13 AM
In addition to filling an essential need for a solid backup QB, Tafralis also fills a second need. With Shaw gone and Eiben apparently going, Pre needs a new holder. Tafralis did that job for Hamilton and by some accounts did it well. He'll have to get used to setting up on the left side for Pre, but with practice that should not be a problem. Holder is a position that is vastly underrated in its importance, IMO.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8