PDA

View Full Version : Dissension in Winnipeg

ArgoRavi
02-16-2012, 08:35 PM
It looks like Joe Mack's genius is being questioned by a couple of Bomber players: http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/Bombers-GM-to-speak-on-free-trade-player-deals-139448763.html

argolio
02-16-2012, 11:26 PM
Love that he called them cheap!

1argoholic
02-16-2012, 11:52 PM
Hefney is a TOOL! I love this and hope Winnipeg goes south.

1argoholic
02-17-2012, 12:04 AM
Plus he's a TOOL. haha.

argolio
02-17-2012, 12:11 AM
I hope Hefney and Beasley say a lot more things in the next days and weeks. Free speech baby!

Area 51
02-17-2012, 12:15 AM
What's the issue with players like Hefney, Beasley and Boyd calling out management?

Mack and Winnipeg failed miserably in FA - - it's one thing to let an import receiver walk, you can always find another one of those. But there's no possible way a team can afford to let two NIs coming into their prime walk. LaBatte is one of the best in the league at his position. From the sounds of things, Mack didn't even attempt to keep Donny O. Hefney & Beasley were completely correct in their assessments.

The Tennis Player and Barker failed miserably trying to design an offensive game plan - - you've got QBs that have no business being employed professionally and you ignorethe top RB from the previous year to focus on a passing game that was consistently terrible. Boyd was completely correct in his assessment.

So if you're a player do you sit back and watch the management run the team into the ground? Or do you call them out and hold them accountable? Nobody wants to have their screw ups brought to light. Doesn't matter who you are - - Parker didn't like it when I called out his poor play...Mack didn't like it when Hefney & Beasley called out him for letting key pieces of the team leave with nothing coming back in return....Barker didn't like it when Boyd called out his pathetic offensive scheme.

But if you just sit back and keep your mouth shut, the screw ups are going to continue. Good for Hefney and Beasley to call out how brutal Mack's performance has been.

argolio
02-17-2012, 12:25 AM
What's the issue with players like Hefney, Beasley and Boyd calling out management? Possible violation of team rules I suppose.

ArgoRavi
02-17-2012, 12:27 AM
It's just young players voicing their opinions, nowadays with social media it's a lot harder to keep a lid on the players. Cory Boyd is an example of that, multiple times went to twitter to complain about the offense. I do find it odd that some Argos fans seem to enjoy taking shots at the Bombers, and I have no idea as to why.

Perhaps the heated Argos/Bombers rivalry from 1987-91 has something to do with the harsh feelings between the two fan bases. The rivalry was rekindled with the playoff games in '06 and '07 and there seems to have been a fair bit of back and forth between Argo and Bomber fans on various boards in recent years as a result.

Area 51
02-17-2012, 02:55 AM
I do find it odd that some Argos fans seem to enjoy taking shots at the Bombers, and I have no idea as to why.

Didn't realize Hefney and Beasley were Argo fans.

Not difficult to understand why - - imagine if Foley, Durie and Owens had all walked during the offseason, and Barker had brought nobody in via trade or through FA.

argonaut11xx
02-17-2012, 07:50 AM
The bombers are going to be terrible this season...I'd bet they probably finish 4th in the East...(kinda like the Argo's took a SH*T, last year)

paulwoods13
02-17-2012, 08:15 AM
But if you just sit back and keep your mouth shut, the screw ups are going to continue.

So if you open your mouth, the screwups will stop?

Area 51
02-17-2012, 04:04 PM
So if you open your mouth, the screwups will stop?

Maybe, maybe not. But one thing's for certain - - sitting quietly and allowing the status quo to continue unquestioned ensures more of the same ineptitude and zero accountability.

You tell me what the better approach is.

argolio
02-17-2012, 04:14 PM
Speaking up worked well for Cleo Lemon......no wait.

Area 51
02-17-2012, 04:45 PM
Speaking up worked well for Cleo Lemon......no wait.

Just one minor point that Lemon forgot to take into account - - if you're going to call out management you need to have some game.

Boyd. Hefney. Beasley. Lemon. One of these things just doesn't belong...

paulwoods13
02-17-2012, 05:48 PM
Maybe, maybe not. But one thing's for certain - - sitting quietly and allowing the status quo to continue unquestioned ensures more of the same ineptitude and zero accountability.

You tell me what the better approach is.

I don't accept the premise that players can, by their actions, either allow or not allow screwups to occur by the front office. I also don't accept that players keeping silent ensures that ineptitude continues. Players don't have the power you are suggesting, whether they tweet or don't.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8