PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Sales

Argos4Life
05-12-2014, 04:23 PM
Any official word on how sales are going? I was having a look on Ticketmaster today and there looks like a few more than last year. Perhaps it's my imagination though. I would expect that with a better home schedule this year would help some.

Mulder
05-12-2014, 04:41 PM
My old ticket rep told me they are doing ok, not as good as Ottawa. At the RedBlacks event last week Jeff Hunt said that the Redblacks are leading the eastern teams in season tickets sold.

argotom
05-12-2014, 10:33 PM
I was talking to my rep and they are hoping to reach 10k when the season starts.

AngeloV
05-13-2014, 11:05 AM
I was talking to my rep and they are hoping to reach 10k when the season starts.

That's not very good. Maybe once the Braley promotional tour gets started...nevermind.

Neely2005
05-13-2014, 12:59 PM
That's not very good. Maybe once the Braley promotional tour gets started...nevermind.

Any idea how many Season Tickets the other CFL teams have sold? I assume that Winnipeg, Hamilton and Ottawa all got a good bump due to their new stadiums.

Argos4Life
05-13-2014, 02:05 PM
I believe Winnipeg has sold just over 20,000 and are expecting 22,000 which is down from last years 25,000. Ottawa was over 15,000 and Hamilton was also around the 15,000 mark.

Neely2005
05-13-2014, 07:23 PM
I believe Winnipeg has sold just over 20,000 and are expecting 22,000 which is down from last years 25,000. Ottawa was over 15,000 and Hamilton was also around the 15,000 mark.

Thanks. Hopefully the Argonauts will get to 10,000.

1argoholic
05-15-2014, 07:19 AM
During TSN's draft coverage we kept waiting to see the Argonauts commercial. Every team had one and we're still waiting. Nice when an Owner has just given up and just doesn't give a crap. Hopefully the guys have toilet paper in the locker rooms. When Ornest owned the team he was so cheap they had to fight for soap and tp.

T-Bone
05-15-2014, 07:42 AM
I wouldn't say Braley has given up, he stepped up to keep the team afloat when no one else would. Not a lot of people would do that but from day one he has kept the team on life support, spending just enough to sustain them. I don't think he ever had intentions of owning them long term. It's unfortunate but I can't really fault the guy for that.

Will
05-15-2014, 08:52 AM

That's pretty putrid, but I'm surprised your rep would actually disclose, they aren't usually in the habit of doing so.

Neely2005
05-15-2014, 09:09 AM
During TSN's draft coverage we kept waiting to see the Argonauts commercial. Every team had one and we're still waiting. Nice when an Owner has just given up and just doesn't give a crap. Hopefully the guys have toilet paper in the locker rooms. When Ornest owned the team he was so cheap they had to fight for soap and tp.

TV advertising is expensive & overrated. You can get much better bang for your buck elsewhere. As I mentioned in another Thread I'm hearing plenty of Argonauts advertisements on the Fan590 and TSN 1050.

Also how many other Toronto sports teams pay for their own TV commercials?

paulwoods13
05-15-2014, 10:07 AM
The Argos did have TV commercials in previous years' TV coverage of the draft. That said, I don't understand the value of producing such commercials unless they are also shown during other programming. Encouraging fans who watch the draft to buy season's tix seems to me like preaching to the converted. I can't imagine many casual fans watching that show.

AngeloV
05-15-2014, 02:29 PM
TV advertising is expensive & overrated. You can get much better bang for your buck elsewhere. As I mentioned in another Thread I'm hearing plenty of Argonauts advertisements on the Fan590 and TSN 1050.

Also how many other Toronto sports teams pay for their own TV commercials?

I would say every one other than the Leafs (and let's be honest, they can't sell any more seats).

Are you telling me that you didn't see any Raptors, Blue Jays and especially TFC commercials this season? I saw plenty of them. As an Argos fan, I was very jealous of the TFC comercials hyping the arrival of Jermaine Dafoe. How many such commercials did we see when Ricky Ray was aquired? I say none.

Neely2005
05-15-2014, 03:06 PM
I would say every one other than the Leafs (and let's be honest, they can't sell any more seats).

Are you telling me that you didn't see any Raptors, Blue Jays and especially TFC commercials this season? I saw plenty of them. As an Argos fan, I was very jealous of the TFC comercials hyping the arrival of Jermaine Dafoe. How many such commercials did we see when Ricky Ray was aquired? I say none.

I've seen Promos done by the Sportsnet and TSN but no I don't recall seeing any actual TV commercials paid for by the teams.

Rich
05-15-2014, 03:45 PM
We've been down this road before. If Neely2005 hasn't seen a commercial, he doesn't believe it exists. I don't know how anyone with a TV could have avoided seeing this one, it ran so often:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6VtbRZkCf4

Neely2005
05-15-2014, 03:57 PM
We've been down this road before. If Neely2005 hasn't seen a commercial, he doesn't believe it exists. I don't know how anyone with a TV could have avoided seeing this one, it ran so often:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6VtbRZkCf4

I don't recall ever saying that but thank you for sharing what I think.

Cute commercial, never seen it before. I also don't watch soccer so that may be why.

T-Bone
05-15-2014, 04:27 PM
Cute commercial, never seen it before. I also don't watch soccer so that may be why.

I've seen Promos done by the Sportsnet and TSN but no I don't recall seeing any actual TV commercials paid for by the teams.

The ads are running on national networks TSN and Sportsnet (http://www.thestar.com/sports/tfc/2014/01/15/toronto_fc_airs_new_jermain_defoe_ads_trumpeting_t ottenham_striker_leaving_epl.html)

We've been down this road before. I don't know how anyone with a TV could have avoided seeing this one, it ran so often
I remember (http://www.argofans.com/showthread.php?2436-BMO-2015-season&p=42104&viewfull=1#post42104). Maybe he doesn't own a TV.

AngeloV
05-15-2014, 05:08 PM
I don't recall ever saying that but thank you for sharing what I think.

Really?? That commercial was on every channel on Toronto TV for weeks. I can't believe you never noticed it.

Neely2005
05-15-2014, 07:45 PM
Really?? That commercial was on every channel on Toronto TV for weeks. I can't believe you never noticed it.

From September to April I coach my sons rep hockey team. During that time I really only watch Boston Bruins games, CFL games, HBO and TMN.

Fumblitis
05-20-2014, 02:56 PM
Any idea how many Season Tickets the other CFL teams have sold? I assume that Winnipeg, Hamilton and Ottawa all got a good bump due to their new stadiums.. The Roughriders announced today that they have sold 26700 season tickets. That's also what they have capped it at to leave room for 7000 walkup.

Argo
05-20-2014, 03:34 PM
If there was anywhere else (suitable) in Canada, surely the Argonauts would have moved by now. (And, yes I know, don't call you Shirley.)

LLB997
05-20-2014, 05:46 PM

haha ........

Neely2005
05-20-2014, 08:14 PM
. The Roughriders announced today that they have sold 26700 season tickets. That's also what they have capped it at to leave room for 7000 walkup.

Thank you. That's impressive.

If there was anywhere else (suitable) in Canada, surely the Argonauts would have moved by now. (And, yes I know, don't call you Shirley.)

The Argonauts get very good ratings in the GTA and even with last year's terrible schedule they still had 3 games in the 30,000 attendance range.

AngeloV
05-20-2014, 08:39 PM
The Argonauts get very good ratings in the GTA and even with last year's terrible schedule they still had 3 games in the 30,000 attendance range.

True, but all 3 were against the TiCats, and you can't tell me that 7-10k weren't from the hammer. I sit on the visitor's side in level 200, and believe me, Argo fans were outnumbered on that side each of the 3 games.

1argoholic
05-21-2014, 11:59 AM
First year back with seasons since the 02 season so when can we expect to see our tickets?

Everyone needs to advertise. If I wasn't a fan I wouldn't know that the Argos are still around. I don't listen to radio and especially boring sports radio.

argofandave
05-21-2014, 12:46 PM
Last year, I got my Argo season tickets on June 5th.

1argoholic
05-21-2014, 02:13 PM
Thanks! At least I know nothings changed. haha.

argofandave
05-29-2014, 01:50 PM
The person that runs the Toronto Argonauts Boat Logo Facebook Page posted that he got his season tickets yesterday.

Neely2005
05-29-2014, 02:10 PM
Nice, hopefully I'll get mine today or tomorrow then.

Argocister
05-29-2014, 07:03 PM
:). I received mine yesterday !.......guys get that CBA done!

argotom
05-29-2014, 07:46 PM
Nothing yet for me.

argofandave
05-30-2014, 11:04 AM
Got mine today. This year's gift is an Argo flag (small one I assume) that we pick up at SkyDome on game day. One per season ticket.

T-Bone
05-30-2014, 12:16 PM
Just got mine:

BATKINSON001
05-30-2014, 05:48 PM
Mine arrived today as well. For the bring a friend ticket voucher, do we put their info on it or ours? Does it have to be mailed in before the game?

T-Bone
05-30-2014, 06:54 PM
For the bring a friend ticket voucher, do we put their info on it or ours? Does it have to be mailed in before the game?I assume theirs as they have ours through the account number. On the back it says you can redeem the voucher at Gate 9.

Argo57
05-30-2014, 07:09 PM
Just arrived as well!!
Tis the season!!

argotom
05-30-2014, 07:16 PM
Yes also came today.

Neely2005
05-30-2014, 08:19 PM
Picked up mine today. :-)

argofandave
05-14-2015, 10:13 PM
I've got Ticat season tickets and they sent me an email yesterday saying that they'll email me my pre-season game tickets on May 26th and then mail my regular season tickets on July 13th. Maybe the Argos will do something similar.

Neely2005
05-14-2015, 10:15 PM
^ This is what my ticket rep said:

Season tickets will start to be received during the last week of this month.

ArgofanIan
05-14-2015, 10:58 PM
I got my season tickets.... sometimes I can't make all the game's in the summer.. last year I gave a couple tickets to a local YMCA or youth center.... they were really happy to get them.... money is tight for most people.... if you can split your payments out .... it doesn't feel as bad on your credit card.... Really looking forward to the season.... Go ARRGOS !!!

AngeloV
05-15-2015, 11:27 AM
I finally purchased mine yesterday. I'm never in a hurry as there is no chance at this time of losing them.

argofandave
05-21-2015, 10:44 AM
Just received my Argo season tickets. This year's gift is a pair of Argo drinking glasses that can be picked up after any of the first 3 games at SkyDome.

T-Bone
05-21-2015, 10:51 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This week just keeps getting better! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Argos?src=hash">#Argos</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CFL?src=hash">#CFL</a> <a href="http://t.co/aEob7NyVCE">pic.twitter.com/aEob7NyVCE</a></p>&mdash; ArgoFans.com (@ArgoFans) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArgoFans/status/601399505481760768">May 21, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1argoholic
05-21-2015, 01:32 PM
I was just reading the posted Foley tweets when the door bell rang and it was Purolator with our Argonaut seasons. Very Sweet!!!

LOVE Foley's comments. I say many of the same things daily. haha.

So the season booklet is small but we get free set of drinking glasses, bring two friends and that's all.

argofan81
05-21-2015, 01:53 PM
So the season booklet is small but we get free set of drinking glasses, bring two friends and that's all.

This is my first year getting season tickets -- somehow, I was expecting the book to be bigger, has it always been this size??? The drinking glasses have a retail value of approx. $15, I know because I purchased a similar (if not the same set) last Christmas as a gift from Canadian Tire! Don't forget about the playoff ticket that we will get (if we host a home playoff game this year!!).

Will
05-21-2015, 01:59 PM
My tickets arrived as well this morning.

Brian45
05-21-2015, 07:57 PM
I had seasons off and on for many years...would like to get them this year to have my foot in the door for BMO Field even though the joke of a schedule means I can't really do many games. Argos site says that $255 is the cheapest seat at RC this season, is that what you guys are hearing from your reps too? I have been
called in past seasons and been offered "deals" before the season I guess because I'm in their system.

Will
05-22-2015, 09:39 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Argo?src=hash">#Argo</a> source says phones &#39;ringing like crazy&#39; after Wed&#39;s announcement. One rep says he himself dealt with over 100 requests today <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CFL?src=hash">#CFL</a></p>&mdash; Mike Hogan (@tsnmikehogan) <a href="https://twitter.com/tsnmikehogan/status/601514655413116930">May 21, 2015</a></blockquote>

It'd be great if the team was explicit that there would be priority for existing season ticket holders when the team moves to BMO. It gives more incentive for people to buy season tickets and hopefully add a smidget of atmosphere to the Dome for the last year.

Neely2005
05-22-2015, 09:46 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Argo?src=hash">#Argo</a> source says phones &#39;ringing like crazy&#39; after Wed&#39;s announcement. One rep says he himself dealt with over 100 requests today <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CFL?src=hash">#CFL</a></p>&mdash; Mike Hogan (@tsnmikehogan) <a href="https://twitter.com/tsnmikehogan/status/601514655413116930">May 21, 2015</a></blockquote>

It'd be great if the team was explicit that there would be priority for existing season ticket holders when the team moves to BMO. It gives more incentive for people to buy season tickets and hopefully add a smidget of atmosphere to the Dome for the last year.

And hopefully the priority (for selecting seats @ BMO Field) goes to existing Season Ticket holders first before new season ticket holders as we've stuck with the team through a lot of shit!

BATKINSON001
05-22-2015, 10:00 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Argo?src=hash">#Argo</a> source says phones 'ringing like crazy' after Wed's announcement. One rep says he himself dealt with over 100 requests today <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CFL?src=hash">#CFL</a></p>— Mike Hogan (@tsnmikehogan) <a href="https://twitter.com/tsnmikehogan/status/601514655413116930">May 21, 2015</a></blockquote>

I received this email:

We are very excited about yesterday massive news regarding our new ownership group and the fact that we will be playing in a newly renovated BMO Field starting in 2016. For more information on the major announcement please go to Argonauts.ca

Season seat holders this year will get first crack at tickets when we move into our new home.

Please let me know if I can be of any help in securing tickets to any of our games this season which will be our last at the Rogers Centre.

Hope to hear from you soon and also see you in the stands!

Rob Richardson
Manager, Client Services
Toronto Argonauts Football Club

Will
05-22-2015, 10:25 AM
And hopefully the priority (for selecting seats @ BMO Field) goes to existing Season Ticket holders first before new season ticket holders as we've stuck with the team through a lot of shit!

Amen to that!

matthew
05-24-2015, 07:45 PM
Notice on ticket master that there is a mobile ticket option with instructions to login on phone but when I do that can't seem to get it to appear with bar code on screen. Anyone else tried this. Very convenient if I can get to work.

Neely2005
05-24-2015, 08:09 PM
This is my first year getting season tickets -- somehow, I was expecting the book to be bigger, has it always been this size??? The drinking glasses have a retail value of approx. $15, I know because I purchased a similar (if not the same set) last Christmas as a gift from Canadian Tire! Don't forget about the playoff ticket that we will get (if we host a home playoff game this year!!).

The Ticket Book dimensions are the same as previous years, it might be a bit thinner.

matthew
05-25-2015, 02:24 PM
Hope they keep us well posted on when this "crack" will be? Like to see a seating plan (with virtual seats online or even a open house) as I have never been before. I am sure that many, like I plan to, will upgrade their seats.

We are very excited about yesterday massive news regarding our new ownership group and the fact that we will be playing in a newly renovated BMO Field starting in 2016. For more information on the major announcement please go to Argonauts.ca

Season seat holders this year will get first crack at tickets when we move into our new home.

Please let me know if I can be of any help in securing tickets to any of our games this season which will be our last at the Rogers Centre.

Rob Richardson
Manager, Client Services
Toronto Argonauts Football Club[/QUOTE

BATKINSON001
05-25-2015, 02:53 PM
Hope they keep us well posted on when this "crack" will be? Like to see a seating plan (with virtual seats online or even a open house) as I have never been before. I am sure that many, like I plan to, will upgrade their seats.

Rob Richardson
Manager, Client Services
Toronto Argonauts Football Club[/QUOTE

That's all I got to give you guys.

Neely2005
05-25-2015, 03:46 PM
That's all I got to give you guys.

Hopefully the new owners are aware of the fact that we just had a price increase this season.

1argoholic
05-25-2015, 03:53 PM
Well they've finally learned after that gongshow of a move from CNE to Skydone.

Brian45
05-25-2015, 06:00 PM
It's sounds crazy but I hope TFC SSH get 2nd "crack" because I have a seat and would ideally like the same seat for both teams.

AngeloV
05-25-2015, 07:23 PM
I would be willing to bet that Leafs, Raptors, Marlies and TFC fans will all get 2nd choice (and I'll also be they will get a discount buy bundling their tickets). But unlike for Marlies and Raptors, Leafs Platinum holders will not be forced to buy tickets.

argotom
05-25-2015, 08:39 PM
Isn't it ironic though, for the one team that perhaps it matters in the beginning while making the move to BMO to blackmail the overpaid Leafs season ticket public, the Argos will not be a part of this?

Argocister
05-26-2015, 06:28 PM
I would be willing to bet that Leafs, Raptors, Marlies and TFC fans will all get 2nd choice (and I'll also be they will get a discount buy bundling their tickets). But unlike for Marlies and Raptors, Leafs Platinum holders will not be forced to buy tickets.

I know as an owner, theArgos would probably want the platinum seat holders ..... but seeing the half empty seats at ACC ..... I think as a fan I don't want them .... boring duds

I know I'm generalizing ..... but prove me wrong!

Qman
05-26-2015, 07:11 PM
Isn't it ironic though, for the one team that perhaps it matters in the beginning while making the move to BMO to blackmail the overpaid Leafs season ticket public, the Argos will not be a part of this?

How do you know this is not the case, MLSE is running the business/marketing side just like they do for Raptors, TFC and leafs. Only difference the transfer price for these services has to be at a market price because Rogers isn't involved like the other businesses. Don't think Bell or LT would be involved if they couldn't leverage the back office they have built up at MLSE.

AngeloV
05-26-2015, 07:43 PM
I know as an owner, theArgos would probably want the platinum seat holders ..... but seeing the half empty seats at ACC ..... I think as a fan I don't want them .... boring duds

I know I'm generalizing ..... but prove me wrong!

Well, just because the same people own the tickets, doesn't mean the same people will be in the building. I don't think that the majority of people in the lower bowl at Raptors games are the same people that are there at Leafs games, despite the fact that the same corporations own both sets of seats.

How do you know this is not the case, MLSE is running the business/marketing side just like they do for Raptors, TFC and leafs. Only difference the transfer price for these services has to be at a market price because Rogers isn't involved like the other businesses. Don't think Bell or LT would be involved if they couldn't leverage the back office they have built up at MLSE.

I can't find the article, but I know I read last week that Leafs ST holders will not be forced to buy Argos tickets.

argofandave
07-21-2015, 03:57 PM
I finally received my Ticats season tickets today. Starting in 2016, Ticat season tickets will be sent electronically but they will allow subscribers to pay extra to have the "traditional printed ticket option."

Neely2005
07-21-2015, 10:50 PM
I finally received my Ticats season tickets today. Starting in 2016, Ticat season tickets will be sent electronically but they will allow subscribers to pay extra to have the "traditional printed ticket option."

That's BS. I think that the Blue Jays do this too.

PullTogether73
07-22-2015, 12:37 AM

You only received season tickets yesterday?
Why so late?

T-Bone
07-22-2015, 07:29 AM
That's BS. I think that the Blue Jays do this too.
Lots of people are printing their tickets out and keeping their season ticket booklets as collectors items so I understand why the Ti-Cats are making that move. In Winnipeg this year season ticket holders received a card(s) that replaces their ticket(s).

You only received season tickets yesterday?
Why so late?
The pre-season game was a digital ticket and the first game is on August 3rd. I got my Ti-Cat tickets on Monday which is two weeks before the game, why do you need them earlier than that?

PullTogether73
07-22-2015, 11:48 AM
I thought of the home opener being still two weeks away, so tickets weren't needed earlier for that.
I was thinking of the pre-season game.
And now I know!

I'm curious to see how the card process in Winnipeg works out this year.
Sounds like a good idea, and the card can be kept as a souvenir after the season ends.
I wonder how they will deal with lost cards though?

T-Bone
07-22-2015, 12:21 PM
I'm curious to see how the card process in Winnipeg works out this year.
Sounds like a good idea, and the card can be kept as a souvenir after the season ends.
I wonder how they will deal with lost cards though?
With the card(s) it's just a matter of getting people to use their online account manager. If you can't make a game you can forward your ticket to someone, they can print it out and it "comes of the card" for lack of a better term. I assume there is a replacement fee for a lost card but if you forwarded the tickets to yourself after losing the card you probably wouldn't have to worry about it because the card would become void.

Qman
07-22-2015, 12:55 PM
With the card(s) it's just a matter of getting people to use their online account manager. If you can't make a game you can forward your ticket to someone, they can print it out and it "comes of the card" for lack of a better term. I assume there is a replacement fee for a lost card but if you forwarded the tickets to yourself after losing the card you probably wouldn't have to worry about it because the card would become void.

You just print your tickets out at home and tick the "use different bar code" box before you print .. this voids the ticket on your card

Treblecharger1
07-26-2015, 10:40 AM
My Buffalo Bills season tickets work the same way.... Most soccer clubs in europe work this way as well. It really helps with controlling the ticket resale market ( which will be beneficial with decreased supply next season)

AngeloV
08-20-2015, 07:33 PM
Something tells me Neely2005 sees more empty seats at TFC games than at Argos games because that's what he wants to see. I'm not saying there are not empty seats at TFC games but ultimately if you include other factors outside of just a visual glance (season ticket holder numbers, paid attendance, etc.) it appears TFC is doing better with attendance.

I honestly hope with the Argos moving to BMO Field next year the attendance will improve. The move alone will create a bump but I really hope the new Argos owners have an advertising camping ready or in the works for next season. I don't think the move alone will sell out BMO Field, they need to do more. I thought they would try to sell season tickets for this year with the incentive of first in at BMO Field but that doesn't look like it is happening. I figured with the real home opener being so late the extra lead time would have been good for that type of campaign. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what they have planned.

I really hope they offer their Leaf and Raptors ST holders a discount on Argos ST's. Fact is, they don't have a lot of ST holders now, so whatever means necessary to sell the place out, by all means.

Argo57
08-21-2015, 09:17 AM
I really hope they offer their Leaf and Raptors ST holders a discount on Argos ST's. Fact is, they don't have a lot of ST holders now, so whatever means necessary to sell the place out, by all means.

That would be the logical first step Angelo, to state the obvious they have to rebuild their season ticket base from the pitiful level it now sits, I assume they already have a corporate and public marketing program add to the fact Tannenbaum and his ownership partners are pretty well connected in the business world you should (will) see a dramatic improvement in attendance next season.
On a side note I'm sure we all have questions and interest regarding the ticket pricing structure that will be in place for the 2016 season.

Will
08-21-2015, 09:44 AM
On a side note I'm sure we all have questions and interest regarding the ticket pricing structure that will be in place for the 2016 season.

Which we aren't likely to hear about until January 1, 2016 at the very earliest.

argonaut11xx
08-21-2015, 11:07 AM
Which we aren't likely to hear about until January 1, 2016 at the very earliest.

Which is stupid, why not have tickets ready for the Christmas season? great stocking stuffers

Rocket
08-21-2015, 11:56 AM
Which is stupid, why not have tickets ready for the Christmas season? great stocking stuffers

Yeah I don't understand why doesn't tannebum sit down with cheapskate Braley before this season and think up a plan on how to market the last season at skydome and how season ticket holders could be the first ones to pick out there tickets at bmo field. Is tanembum concentrating so much on bringing the nfl in Toronto that he can't waste a couple of minutes to market the Argos? I realize that the ownership doesmt change hands tell January but something should be done or at least a effort should be given out for the Argos. It's not like the worst management team in all of sports Braley/rudge are going to do anything on there final year of trying to run the team into the ground.

Neely2005
08-21-2015, 01:07 PM
Hopefully we don't see Another price increase for existing Season Ticket holders.

Gill The Thrill
08-21-2015, 01:46 PM
My Buffalo Bills season tickets work the same way.... Most soccer clubs in europe work this way as well. It really helps with controlling the ticket resale market ( which will be beneficial with decreased supply next season)

That's really what I don't like about it? I prefer hard copy tickets because I want control of who gets my tickets and when. I don't want central command or as they like to diplomatically call it, an account manager, to control my tickets and transferring them for me. It should be nobodies business in a free market society about selling something you've paid for legally. (In other words, I want full hard copy possession of MY tickets, and don't want to deal with a 3rd party account manager for re-selling them or giving them away)

By the way, guess who's paying for these account managers' salaries to do all these so-called services for us....season ticket holders through increased ticket fees and service charges..ha...so much for not raising prices. Just sell me the damn ticket and I can handle the rest without paying the team the service fees for providing me an account manager.

Great, now we got to follow the ideas of soccer clubs in Europe with running the economy of a sports league and team here, the way they're heading, we should not be using any ideas from Europe when it comes to any handling of money and product.

T-Bone
08-21-2015, 02:02 PM
That's really what I don't like about it? I prefer hard copy tickets because I want control of who gets my tickets and when. I don't want central command or as they like to diplomatically call it, an account manager, to control my tickets and transferring them for me. It should be nobodies business in a free market society about selling something you've paid for legally. (In other words, I want full hard copy possession of MY tickets, and don't want to deal with a 3rd party account manager for re-selling them or giving them away)

By the way, guess who's paying for these account managers' salaries to do all these so-called services for us....season ticket holders through increased ticket fees and service charges..ha...so much for not raising prices. Just sell me the damn ticket and I can handle the rest without paying the team the service fees for providing me an account manager.

Great, now we got to follow the ideas of soccer clubs in Europe with running the economy of a sports league and team here, the way they're heading, we should not be using any ideas from Europe when it comes to any handling of money and product.
Wow. You do realize the Argos have an account manager (https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/home.htmI?team=argonauts) in place already, right? Also, it is an online service that in this case is designed by Ticketmaster and set up by the Argos. You still have control of your tickets but you also have the convenience of printing out a ticket if you forget the original, lose it somewhere, or you want to keep the original and sell/give the ticket to a friend. You can forward tickets by e-mail to other people. They are implementing mobile ticketing now so they can scan your phone in place of a physical ticket, etc.

argotom
08-21-2015, 10:01 PM
Hopefully we don't see Another price increase for existing Season Ticket holders.

I think this is a given.
In fact I would be shocked if there wasn't one.

Gill The Thrill
08-22-2015, 05:13 AM
Wow. You do realize the Argos have an account manager (https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/home.htmI?team=argonauts) in place already, right? Also, it is an online service that in this case is designed by Ticketmaster and set up by the Argos. You still have control of your tickets but you also have the convenience of printing out a ticket if you forget the original, lose it somewhere, or you want to keep the original and sell/give the ticket to a friend. You can forward tickets by e-mail to other people. They are implementing mobile ticketing now so they can scan your phone in place of a physical ticket, etc.You're telling me nothing I already don't know although I could understand where you might of thought otherwise. I write these posts quickly, sometimes read them ever quicker.

To go back to the account manager topic...it's just who runs it that bothers me to no end...ticketmaster. I just can't stand the nickel and diming x100 for all these charges. They're the 3rd party group that I meant as opposed to the ticket sales representatives representing the organization, whom are caught between a rock and a hard place when a subscriber or customer has a problem dealing with ticketmaster. I like costs to be up front without feeling like the rug is being pulled from under my feet with all these added surcharges after I've agreed to the advertised price. On the other hand, I realize they're defenders of their services who say they provide a convenience and have the right to charge for it, although I still don't have to like it. I'd rather not deal with a 3rd party ticket distributer like TM, have a hard copy of my ticket, and be responsible (what a concept?) for not losing my ticket and giving them or reselling it on my terms.

I'm like those music artists who have not wanted to work with TM, but have had no choice because they control all ticket distribution for many venues, leaving the bands with no other option. I've printed tix at home and find that the barcode may not always be read on the scanner if it's been printed on a fresh ink cartridge..not a big deal, but does lend to some consternation if I'm buying from a reseller/scalper. This is why I prefer the traditional hard copy tickets? I also like the custom design of the subscriber tickets that make for good collectibles when well produced.

Neely2005
08-22-2015, 12:00 PM
I think this is a given.
In fact I would be shocked if there wasn't one.

Considering that we just had another price increase and that apparently there are only about 2500 existing Season Ticket holders that would be incredibly stupid and incredibly short sighted.

If they're going to be dumb enough to raise ticket prices yet again they should at least exempt all existing Season Ticket holders.

AngeloV
08-22-2015, 02:19 PM
Why don't we wait and see what they do before speculating on price point? At that point and time, comment all you want.

Neely2005
08-22-2015, 02:25 PM
No thanks, I'll express my feelings on a potential price increase now.

argotom
08-22-2015, 03:50 PM
Considering that we just had another price increase and that apparently there are only about 2500 existing Season Ticket holders that would be incredibly stupid and incredibly short sighted.

If they're going to be dumb enough to raise ticket prices yet again they should at least exempt all existing Season Ticket holders.

I base this completely on the irrational actions of MLSE over the many ears with the Leafs.
Continuously increasing the prices with the stupid Leafs fans paying for it.
Then there was the increase after the first couple of years and dare I bring up the TFC.

AngeloV
08-22-2015, 04:11 PM
I base this completely on the irrational actions of MLSE over the many ears with the Leafs.
Continuously increasing the prices with the stupid Leafs fans paying for it.
Then there was the increase after the first couple of years and dare I bring up the TFC.

And I can't see it going up at a faster rate than it has under this regime. My personal ticket has gone up from $250 per season 3 years ago to $370 now. Doesn't take a rocket science expert to realize that is almost a 50% increase in 3 years.

I can't comment on TFC price point because I have never been to a game, but I'm sure T-Bone can, and I doubt that their tickets have gone up 50% over that period of time. In fact, I recall him stating that the prices went down one year after attendance decreased. What a novel idea. Argos have been decreasing in attendance for years, and they chose to make the customers that stayed pay for the fans that left.

Different philosophy. Guess which one has worked better? Obviously the one that understands what supply and demand is.

Argo57
08-22-2015, 05:16 PM
And I can't see it going up at a faster rate than it has under this regime. My personal ticket has gone up from $250 per season 3 years ago to $370 now. Doesn't take a rocket science expert to realize that is almost a 50% increase in 3 years.

I can't comment on TFC price point because I have never been to a game, but I'm sure T-Bone can, and I doubt that their tickets have gone up 50% over that period of time. In fact, I recall him stating that the prices went down one year after attendance decreased. What a novel idea. Argos have been decreasing in attendance for years, and they chose to make the customers that stayed pay for the fans that left.

Different philosophy. Guess which one has worked better? Obviously the one that understands what supply and demand is.

Like we have previously touched on before Angelo season ticket holders are the lifeblood of any organization and should be treated as such, season seat prices should be cheaper than single game tickets (which hasn't always been the case) and I would get royally pissed off when I would see single game ticket promos that were actually better than the season seat game price, made you feel like you have been screwed at times.
The balance is rewarding loyalty and season ticket tenure while at the same time attracting new blood to the season seat "club".
I have no issue with a new season seat holder paying what a long term seat holder is paying understanding the team has to attract new fans however something as simple as implementing seasonal merchandise discount cards tiered by the number of seasons you have had tickets might work an example below.
1-5 year seat holder (25% Merchandise Disc for the season)
5-10 Year Seat Holder (35% Merchandise Disc for the season)
10+ Year Seat Holder (50% Merchandise Disc for the season)
This way as you accumulate time and tenure you at least get some benefit for it, would also encourage people to buy Argo swag and increase the teams visibility in the community.

AngeloV
08-22-2015, 08:09 PM
Like we have previously touched on before Angelo season ticket holders are the lifeblood of any organization and should be treated as such, season seat prices should be cheaper than single game tickets (which hasn't always been the case) and I would get royally pissed off when I would see single game ticket promos that were actually better than the season seat game price, made you feel like you have been screwed at times.
The balance is rewarding loyalty and season ticket tenure while at the same time attracting new blood to the season seat "club".
I have no issue with a new season seat holder paying what a long term seat holder is paying understanding the team has to attract new fans however something as simple as implementing seasonal merchandise discount cards tiered by the number of seasons you have had tickets might work an example below.
1-5 year seat holder (25% Merchandise Disc for the season)
5-10 Year Seat Holder (35% Merchandise Disc for the season)
10+ Year Seat Holder (50% Merchandise Disc for the season)
This way as you accumulate time and tenure you at least get some benefit for it, would also encourage people to buy Argo swag and increase the teams visibility in the community.

I don't disagree with any of what you said.

mchesher03
08-24-2015, 12:38 PM
don't disagree either but I've gotta speculate that the vast majority of the Argos season ticket base is > 10 years for what it's worth. Heck I'm "only" 33 and I'm in the over 10 years category. By the looks of what I see around section 110 - i can't say much different. Like I've said several times before - really looking forward to next year for many reasons...

T-Bone
08-27-2015, 12:22 PM

You are correct about TFC tickets dropping in price but our ticket prices did increase from season 1 to 4 more than 50%. I belive season 5 and 6 were frozen at season 4 prices and season 7 to now are back to season 1 prices. Leiweke said they will not raise our price until we make the playoffs.

AngeloV
08-27-2015, 01:53 PM
You are correct about TFC tickets dropping in price but our ticket prices did increase from season 1 to 4 more than 50%. I belive season 5 and 6 were frozen at season 4 prices and season 7 to now are back to season 1 prices. Leiweke said they will not raise our price until we make the playoffs.

And that makes perfect sense. When the demand for tickets dropped, so did the price point. That's why you don't see 8,000 fans actually in seats at TFC games, as we did at the dome this past Sunday. If tickets are consistantly sold out, I get a bump in price because of the demand.

Braleynomics at it's best.

Ron
08-27-2015, 03:23 PM
Braley also has been shopping the team for a couple of years. So dropping a price point creates fans expecting lower prices which do not help sell the team. The new owners are happier with a small current ST base at these prices than a larger one at lower prices. Less existing fans to grandfather at cheaper prices.

AngeloV
08-27-2015, 04:33 PM
Braley also has been shopping the team for a couple of years. So dropping a price point creates fans expecting lower prices which do not help sell the team. The new owners are happier with a small current ST base at these prices than a larger one at lower prices. Less existing fans to grandfather at cheaper prices.

I don't know if I agree with this. If the team had a larger ST base, they would also likely sell more merchandise, which would increase the value of the team. I'm guessing the reason it took so long to sell the team was because he was asking for a lot more than what he ended up getting.

Neely2005
10-01-2015, 01:48 PM
October 1, 2015
Dear ,
2016 will be a landmark year for the Toronto Argonauts.* It will mark an exciting, new beginning for our team and our fans, and the return of the Argonauts to the centre of the Toronto sports landscape.* Argonauts football will be played the way our game was meant to be played – on grass, in the open air, before capacity crowds, and with a championship focus.* Argos games will be unlike anything you’ve experienced before.

As an Argonauts season ticket holder, you are the foundation of our franchise.* We hope that you will stay with us to experience the magic of 2016.* With your 2016 season ticket renewal, you will have the first opportunity to select your seats within our spectacular new home, BMO Field. *

And today, CFL Commissioner Jeffrey Orridge announced that Toronto will host the 104th Grey Cup Game & Festival next year, and only 2016 Argos season ticket holders will be guaranteed the right to purchase tickets for the Grey Cup game on November 27th, 2016 at BMO Field. *

You can secure your right to become a 2016 Argos season ticket holder, and guarantee front of the line access to Grey Cup tickets, by visiting ArgosatBMOfield.ca. *Or, you may contact your Argos account representative at 416.341.ARGO (2746).* All it takes is a $50 deposit per seat.* We will contact you later in the year with details on how to select your preferred Argos and Grey Cup seats and complete the balance of your purchase.

2016 will be a double celebration for fans of the Double Blue.* And this is just the beginning.

Thank you for being an Argos fan.* I hope to see you next season at BMO Field.

Sincerely,

Michael Copeland
President & CEO
2016 Toronto Argonauts Football Club

argofan81
10-01-2015, 01:59 PM
October 1, 2015
Dear ,
2016 will be a landmark year for the Toronto Argonauts.* It will mark an exciting, new beginning for our team and our fans, and the return of the Argonauts to the centre of the Toronto sports landscape.* Argonauts football will be played the way our game was meant to be played – on grass, in the open air, before capacity crowds, and with a championship focus.* Argos games will be unlike anything you’ve experienced before.

As an Argonauts season ticket holder, you are the foundation of our franchise.* We hope that you will stay with us to experience the magic of 2016.* With your 2016 season ticket renewal, you will have the first opportunity to select your seats within our spectacular new home, BMO Field. *

And today, CFL Commissioner Jeffrey Orridge announced that Toronto will host the 104th Grey Cup Game & Festival next year, and only 2016 Argos season ticket holders will be guaranteed the right to purchase tickets for the Grey Cup game on November 27th, 2016 at BMO Field. *

You can secure your right to become a 2016 Argos season ticket holder, and guarantee front of the line access to Grey Cup tickets, by visiting ArgosatBMOfield.ca. *Or, you may contact your Argos account representative at 416.341.ARGO (2746).* All it takes is a $50 deposit per seat.* We will contact you later in the year with details on how to select your preferred Argos and Grey Cup seats and complete the balance of your purchase.

2016 will be a double celebration for fans of the Double Blue.* And this is just the beginning.

Thank you for being an Argos fan.* I hope to see you next season at BMO Field.

Sincerely,

Michael Copeland
President & CEO
2016 Toronto Argonauts Football Club

I received the same email. Noticed that there is nothing about what the season ticket / grey cup ticket prices will be. So we are expected to pay a $50 deposit towards something that we have no idea what the end cost will be. Here's my question: What happens to our $50 deposit if we come to find out the ticket prices are not affordable? Is it refundable?

Neely2005
10-01-2015, 02:56 PM
I received the same email. Noticed that there is nothing about what the season ticket / grey cup ticket prices will be. So we are expected to pay a $50 deposit towards something that we have no idea what the end cost will be. Here's my question: What happens to our $50 deposit if we come to find out the ticket prices are not affordable? Is it refundable?

The deposit is towards 2016 Season Tickets at BMO Field, not towards Grey Cup tickets so I would assume that they're going to have some reasonably priced seats available.

R.J
10-01-2015, 03:11 PM
I posted this in the Grey Cup thread, but it probably makes more sense to post it here.

Just checked my account and already have an invoice for next seasons seats ($50 each), so it seems as though current season ticket holders are already locked in. FYI, before anyone gets upset, you can call you ticket rep and take it off if you choose to wait while you make your decision.

Rocket
10-01-2015, 03:25 PM

Yeah these guys have no clue what prices are? Capacity? End zone seating? Size of field? Condition of field? What fans will be covered by roof? Just no direction where any of this is going wish they had given this a coup,e of years to get everything sorted out at bmo field.

argofan81
10-02-2015, 12:06 AM
The deposit is towards 2016 Season Tickets at BMO Field, not towards Grey Cup tickets so I would assume that they're going to have some reasonably priced seats available.

Reasonably priced means different things to different people. I am all for paying a deposit on something when I know what the end price is....especially if the deposit is non-refundable.

Neely2005
10-02-2015, 07:42 AM
Reasonably priced means different things to different people. I am all for paying a deposit on something when I know what the end price is....especially if the deposit is non-refundable.

We don't know if the deposit is non refundable. Worst case they'll probably let you put it towards single game tickets.

1971GreyCup
10-02-2015, 08:01 AM
I say, pay the deposit and get in with the STHs Steve Simmons and Dave Naylor! They are trying to create a Box J - type area at BMO Field similar to that section in Hamilton. Steve wants to try to recreate the great memories of the 70s, that he had with his Dad. Argos and the late sixties and the 70s were a wonderful time.

argofan81
10-02-2015, 08:16 AM
We don't know if the deposit is non refundable. Worst case they'll probably let you put it towards single game tickets.

That's the point....we don't know! This was implemented so quickly that nobody has answers to simple questions.

paulwoods13
10-02-2015, 09:41 AM
I say, pay the deposit and get in with the STHs Steve Simmons and Dave Naylor! They are trying to create a Box J - type area at BMO Field similar to that section in Hamilton. Steve wants to try to recreate the great memories of the 70s, that he had with his Dad. Argos and the late sixties and the 70s were a wonderful time.

I've already committed to that group. I would love to sit with dozens of the same people every game.

Downtownfan
10-02-2015, 10:06 AM
I put my deposit in for four tickets for next year, and am really looking forward to the "rebooted" Argos. I am actually going to BMO for a TFC game tomorrow, and will be scouting the best spot for my seats.

AngeloV
10-02-2015, 10:12 AM

Does that mean that Simmons and Naylor will also be wearing skirts?

:p

Argo57
10-02-2015, 09:56 PM

Daisy Dukes

ArgoZ
10-02-2015, 11:24 PM
The Box J boys are unique in that they are a supporter group, however do not sit in traditional supporter areas. They are behind the Cats bench in decent seats, not in the traditional endzone seats found almost everywhere else around the world. I don't think Simmons and Taylor want to sit in a true supporter section, more like a section with all their friends or extended friends every game. The Argos already have fan groups such as Friends, Double Blue and Lifers. It would be awesome if they all got together in the supporter section. Mostly likely the South endzone will be designated, allowing flag poles, drums, Go Argos at BMO banner, etc.

Gill The Thrill
10-02-2015, 11:53 PM
It would be awesome if they all got together in the supporter section. Mostly likely the South endzone will be designated, allowing flag poles, drums, Go Argos at BMO banner, etc.

Why does it have to be a designated section, what is this soccer in Europe?...The old CNE stadium allowed flagpoles all over the stadium, and the skydome even did when it officially opened. That's Football, where every section cheers spontaneously, in addition, I do not want to have a cheap copy of a TFC type supporters section which is copy on the European Soccer...yes, soccer tradition and not the North American Football tradition.

The end zone section usually becomes that section by nature as they are usually the cheapest seats with the youngest fans who have the budget to only sit in those areas to drum up a natural atmosphere. This is probably what you mean? but I don't understand why you'd want that regulated to only allow for flag poles for one part of the stadium. If you watch the '83 Eastern Final, the whole stadium was rocking and even in games that were half full at the ex, an Argo crowd was always fairly exuberant with flag poles and horns waving and honking. This was part of the CFL fan culture throughout the country and it's why the dome allowed flag poles into the place when it opened. The Argos and their fans were still seen as a team worthy of that accommodation in 1989, unfortunately that kind of support from the corporate a-holes at the dome has chipped away at that fan passion over the years...first by small gestures of contempt like banning flagpoles by passionate fans, to nazi and kgb like security guards, to an all out bulldozing of any potential fan passion by providing lousy schedules, to the point of kicking them out of games. Thank god they're getting out of that corporate pisshole.

PS...What an argo fan club should do is press the city into putting the Argo logo as prominently displayed in the CITY OWNED BMO field. The soccer club does not own it. Both logos should be displayed equally permanently or not all unless it's on game days. Perception is everything and the Argos became the red-headed step child of sports teams in this city when the dome was fully decked as the home of the Blue Jays, from pretty much day 1, but especially after the World Series win in '92. Case in point, did they really need to change the name Peter St..to Blue Jays way. The dome was in front of your frickin face on Peter St looking down from Queen St, if a fan could not see that it was the way to the dome, then they should be certified as legally blind.

Back to topic on BMO, it's going to be great walking off the streetcar or bus or Go train at the CNE and knowing that people are walking to see the Argos. Right now, you hang around downtown before an Argo game and get off the subway or Go Train, and your one of a thousand people doing a thousand different things, that's not exactly pre-game excitement and anticipation is it.

jerrym
10-02-2015, 11:54 PM
Reasonably priced means different things to different people.

A truer statement has rarely been spoken.

ArgoZ
10-03-2015, 02:40 AM
Why does it have to be a designated section, what is this soccer in Europe?...The old CNE stadium allowed flagpoles all over the stadium, and the skydome even did when it officially opened. That's Football, where every section cheers spontaneously, in addition, I do not want to have a cheap copy of a TFC type supporters section which is copy on the European Soccer...yes, soccer tradition and not the North American Football tradition.

Tell that to the members of The Black Hole.

All sections can cheer of course. It has to be designated mainly for the permission of standing.

Did Rogers confiscate your flag or something? You exploded there. :p

Gill The Thrill
10-03-2015, 12:36 PM
Tell that to the members of The Black Hole.

All sections can cheer of course. It has to be designated mainly for the permission of standing.

Did Rogers confiscate your flag or something? You exploded there. :p

I'm not that exuberant to be honest, but I like natural ambiance, not anything contrived. I don't need some weirdo holding a megaphone with his shirt off and waving his arms telling me when to cheer. I'll cheer at good plays that are made, but then again when nothing happens at a soccer match, somebody's got to do something.

Education of the rules for fans is a big thing and they'll produce a fan base that cheers at the right time. This is not an issue for CFL fans who've been watching for decades, but may be a problem for casual fans who hardly watch football, let alone the CFL. You'd be surprised (maybe not) at how many people just watch the Super Bowl and no other football game throughout the year. The NFL, not unlike the CFL, is not very followed by many younger people on a week to week basis. If it were the Bills series would not have been a collosal failure as it was in Toronto.

As for standing designation, I'm not in favour of designating a standing section. In those areas where TFC allows standing at BMO, only one section constantly stands. The fans in the other sections of the south end zone have wised up and used those seats that they've paid for to sit down. If you're going to designate a standing only section, why waste money constructing seats there in the first place, but that's just me. Like I said, I don't mind standing and cheering for big plays, but standing for the sake of being an ass and needing attention is not my idea of a true fan.

PS- Who the fcuk are the black hole? and what do u mean by that?

I'm on the 2016 season tickets site on the Argos website, and was re-directed to Ticketmaster, where they ask for a possible promotion offer? I would like to know what the promotion code would be for a deposit on seasons tickets, and if there is one?

ArgoZ
10-03-2015, 09:58 PM
PS- Who the fcuk are the black hole? and what do u mean by that?

Footballs most notorious fans. Located in the South endzone during Raider games. I'd like you to explain to them your view, that they are cheap copycats of European football fans. After them, then the Dog Pound in Cleveland.

Gill The Thrill
10-04-2015, 04:06 AM
Footballs most notorious fans. Located in the South endzone during Raider games. I'd like you to explain to them your view, that they are cheap copycats of European football fans. After them, then the Dog Pound in Cleveland.

I always thought Raider fans were the biggest idiots in sports. What else would explain a fan base and an organization that's been so proud of being affiliated with the criminal element? I hated seeing wannabe losers in the 90's walking around with their Raider jackets as if they were in a gang. The Raiders have been so irrelevant in the football world that I had totally forgotten about their rabid fan base...most look like they're having a good time, but the 2nd pic is a bit much, those are the ones I'd never want to sit beside..I'd be afraid of getting stabbed by a sponge sword or sponge ball and chain.:D

I was not to fond of the Dawg Pound also as I watch sports to be more entertained by the action on the field and not some drunks in the stands. I admit it may be entertaining to watch on TV, but do you really want to sit beside someone wearing a smelly costume or mask for nearly 3 hours? ..Didn't think so. I've never seen mass soccer fans in Europe dress in full costumes either, usually they're all wearing scarves and team colours. I laugh when I see a TFC fan walk around in a scarf in the middle of July when it's 30 degrees celsius...only thing funnier is when people wear toques during the same time of the year.

PS- Anyone have a response about the promo code mentioned on the Argo at BMO ticketmaster site?

ArgoZ
10-04-2015, 11:58 AM
I was not to fond of the Dawg Pound also as I watch sports to be more entertained by the action on the field and not some drunks in the stands. I admit it may be entertaining to watch on TV, but do you really want to sit beside someone wearing a smelly costume or mask for nearly 3 hours? ..Didn't think so. I've never seen mass soccer fans in Europe dress in full costumes either, usually they're all wearing scarves and team colours. I laugh when I see a TFC fan walk around in a scarf in the middle of July when it's 30 degrees celsius...only thing funnier is when people wear toques during the same time of the year

No, and I don't like to sit in the South stands during TFC games either, as I miss too much of the game and don't like to stand. Anyhow, I've given a few examples how supporter groups traditionally sit in the endzone and it's not just a European thing. If the Argos plan to have a similar fan group, it's most likely to be permitted in the South endzone where TFC also has theirs, and with good reason. They won't be copying TFC or any soccer group. It will definitely help out with the atmosphere during Argos games and be a stark contrast to the dome. I won't be sitting there, but I hope it can happen. As I mentioned before, I doubt Simmons and Naylor would want to sit there either, I think they just want to have a section full of all their buds. That's fine too, and sounds pretty cool, but not to be confused with a supporter section.

paulwoods13
10-04-2015, 12:03 PM
As I mentioned before, I doubt Simmons and Naylor would want to sit there either, I think they just want to have a section full of all there buds. That's fine too, and sounds pretty cool, but not to be confused with a supporter section.

What they are trying to achieve -- and I support this wholeheartedly -- is have a large group of individuals sitting together year after year and becoming a sort of "Argo family." It was like this back at the Ex, before crowds dwindled in the later years. You kind of got to know people sitting around you, and going to a game was a chance to reconnect with "Argo friends" as well as to enjoy the actual games. I have long thought I'd like to be part of such a group again, and I fully intend to do so if it comes together. There are some folks who sit near me now whom I would encourage to join the group, if we ever have another home game so I can connect with them since I don't know their names or contact info.

ArgoZ
10-04-2015, 05:16 PM
What they are trying to achieve -- and I support this wholeheartedly -- is have a large group of individuals sitting together year after year and becoming a sort of "Argo family." It was like this back at the Ex, before crowds dwindled in the later years. You kind of got to know people sitting around you, and going to a game was a chance to reconnect with "Argo friends" as well as to enjoy the actual games. I have long thought I'd like to be part of such a group again, and I fully intend to do so if it comes together. There are some folks who sit near me now whom I would encourage to join the group, if we ever have another home game so I can connect with them since I don't know their names or contact info.

That does sound appealing. When I had tickets in 207, I got to know and looked forward to seeing certain fans each game. It happens at stadiums all around the continent today, as regulars get to know each other in their sections. I see it a lot at baseball games in the states. Who is going to take the lead and organize this? Friends of the Argonauts would be the ideal group IMO. They usually have decent seats behind the home bench. If they contacted the Argos for help, they could reserve a whole block for the "official" fan club. Then we need to get Naylor and Simmons to promote it, once it's official.

paulwoods13
10-04-2015, 05:20 PM
Simmons is already taking the lead in trying to assemble a group to sit together. There could easily be several such groups. No reason FOA couldn't do something similar.

AngeloV
10-04-2015, 07:12 PM
Simmons is already taking the lead in trying to assemble a group to sit together. There could easily be several such groups. No reason FOA couldn't do something similar.

Interesting that Simmons is promoting this. Wonder if this is a sign that once Bell takes over the team, we will get a lot more coverage on 1050. I really can't see Simmons taking this initiative the way he has referred to the league being second rate in the past.

Scooter McCray
10-04-2015, 07:32 PM
Paul I think it is great that Simmons and Naylor want to do this. It tells me they still care and wish to see the Argos succeed. What stops them from expressing this on their on air shows?

paulwoods13
10-04-2015, 08:49 PM
Paul I think it is great that Simmons and Naylor want to do this. It tells me they still care and wish to see the Argos succeed. What stops them from expressing this on their on air shows?

They talked this idea up on the air.

Rocket
10-04-2015, 10:05 PM
Interesting that Simmons is promoting this. Wonder if this is a sign that once Bell takes over the team, we will get a lot more coverage on 1050. I really can't see Simmons taking this initiative the way he has referred to the league being second rate in the past.

It's so obvious that Argos management has went to talk with naylor and Simmons. Do you actually think these two nfl wannabes care for the Argos and cfl? only time I hear Simmons talk about them is in a negative manner and naylor is always acting like he is just to cool for the cfl. But good on the Argos to get these two on board as they are two very well known guys in Toronto media. Argos management probably are going to give them incentives and cash bonus to how successful they can make this. Except now to hear a little more positive things coming from these two about the Argos as I am sure they would like to get in on the bonus. This is exactly what we needed from the new owners. Maybe next up will be bob mccown! I applaud them for this and hope they can continue with more moves like this to get more people talking about the Argos.

argolio
10-05-2015, 12:41 AM
It's so obvious that Argos management has went to talk with naylor and Simmons. Do you actually think these two nfl wannabes care for the Argos and cfl?Simmons has a checkered history, but there's no doubt that Naylor cares about the CFL.

PullTogether73
10-05-2015, 07:07 AM

I'm interested in joining the Naylor/Simmons group, but I'm not on Twitter to contact them.
If anyone knows of another way to contact them, please post it here.
Thanks.

Scooter McCray
10-05-2015, 07:39 AM
Well this is a start. We can hope that Argo talk finds its way back into the mainstream once again. There has been no excuse for the zero talk by media during the Braley years. The team deserved better.

T-Bone
10-05-2015, 08:50 AM
Wait, what? For as long as I can remember you have been complaining that the new ownership is going to probably raise ticket prices at BMO Field. Why the change of heart of all of a sudden?

Neely2005
10-05-2015, 02:44 PM
Wait, what? For as long as I can remember you have been complaining that the new ownership is going to probably raise ticket prices at BMO Field. Why the change of heart of all of a sudden?

No I said that I hope that they don't raise ticket prices for existing Season Ticket holders as we just had a price increase.

R.J
10-07-2015, 07:24 PM
Take this for what it's worth, but Sara Moore (Argos new VP of Business operations) was asked by Mike Hogan about the ticket prices going forward at BMO. While Mrs. (Miss ?) Moore didn't really answer the question, Mrs. Moore did state that there will be a wide range, with lower ticket price for people to be able to entry level come out and experience, but as you'll find with other Toronto sports franchises there will be a "premium" experience.

jerrym
10-07-2015, 08:27 PM
It's great to see that after a year when it seemed that almost nothing was done to sell season tickets, the new ownership is starting to push for new season tickets before this regular season even ends.

Rocket
10-07-2015, 08:36 PM
Take this for what it's worth, but Sara Moore (Argos new VP of Business operations) was asked by Mike Hogan about the ticket prices going forward at BMO. While Mrs. (Miss ?) Moore didn't really answer the question, Mrs. Moore did state that there will be a wide range, with lower ticket price for people to be able to entry level come out and experience, but as you'll find with other Toronto sports franchises there will be a "premium" experience.

Well that is another good sign by the new owners that they will include everyone's budget level when it comes to ticket prices. Unlike the current regime where they ask for premium prices for all there tickets. Look for the Argos to generate some new fans with this move.

Invader
10-07-2015, 11:36 PM
I don't think the Argo tickets should be priced much higher than TFC despite the Argos playing fewer home games.

Looking at ticketmaster, the 55-yd-line TFC tickets are $65-$80 in the premium section. Prices drop to $35-$50 at the 30-yd-line and $20 at the goal-line. Endzone tickets range from $18-$37 but the Argos have little to none endzone seating according to the original plan. It has been recently hinted that a removable endzone grandstand might be installed for Argo games starting in 2017 (of approx. 1,500 seats).

The Argos are hosting the Grey Cup next year at BMO with a 15,000-seat temporary grandstand erected in one endzone. The Argos have the opportunity to sell those endzone seats as soon as construction is complete. Who knows, perhaps the demand will be there to fill the endzone, especially if the Argos are in the playoff hunt, with "entry-level" priced tickets?

Here's an example of Argos ticket pricing:

55-yd-line: $80
45-yd-line: $65
30-yd-line: $50
20-yd-line: $40
Goal-line: $30
Perm. EZ: $25
Temp. EZ: $19.99 or 2 for $35

Specialty Club seating will also be available.This way the Argos could perhaps sell every ticket next year? If that's the case, fans had better reserve their tickets early to get the best selection!

ArgoRavi
10-08-2015, 12:13 AM

I would go with Ms. Moore if you want to use a title. I didn't realize until now that Sara Moore was leaving the CFL, as Michael Copeland is doing, to work for the Argos starting in 2016. That is another good hire.

mchesher03
10-08-2015, 08:54 AM

I was listening in when they did and to be honest, both seemed sincere. Say what you want about Simmons but he said he'd like to help re-create what was there back in the 70's and how much going to games and that atmosphere meant to him then. I bought it for what it's worth - he may have a checkered past with the league as some have said but I think he was sincere here for what it's worth.

pretty excited about next year already guys but obviously this year too - think we have a legit shot (who doesn't in the east to be honest).

Looking forward to seat selection (likely this fall or the spring) - man that'll be fun. Hoping to make a day of that and other things with my old man when the time comes. Man I love the parking lot and open air football culture.

AngeloV
10-08-2015, 09:11 AM
I don't think the Argo tickets should be priced much higher than TFC despite the Argos playing fewer home games.

Looking at ticketmaster, the 55-yd-line TFC tickets are $65-$80 in the premium section. Prices drop to $35-$50 at the 30-yd-line and $20 at the goal-line. Endzone tickets range from $18-$37 but the Argos have little to none endzone seating according to the original plan. It has been recently hinted that a removable endzone grandstand might be installed for Argo games starting in 2017 (of approx. 1,500 seats).

The Argos are hosting the Grey Cup next year at BMO with a 15,000-seat temporary grandstand erected in one endzone. The Argos have the opportunity to sell those endzone seats as soon as construction is complete. Who knows, perhaps the demand will be there to fill the endzone, especially if the Argos are in the playoff hunt, with "entry-level" priced tickets?

Specialty Club seating will also be available.This way the Argos could perhaps sell every ticket next year? If that's the case, fans had better reserve their tickets early to get the best selection!

Argos tickets are currently more expensive than that. Seems to me like you are setting the seeds to bad mouth the new owners if they don't lower ticket prices. I guess it goes hand in hand with your constant defense of Braley.

Neely2005
10-08-2015, 10:21 AM

Given the salary of a MLS team compared to the salary of a CFL team shouldn't Argonauts tickets be less expensive than TFC tickets?

Argos tickets are currently more expensive than that. Seems to me like you are setting the seeds to bad mouth the new owners if they don't lower ticket prices. I guess it goes hand in hand with your constant defense of Braley.

Some people have claimed that the Argonauts will be paying less rent at BMO Field than at the Rogers Centre.

Also some of that rent may be coming back to the new Argonauts owners via MLSE. That should be some interesting accounting! :-)

AngeloV
10-08-2015, 11:10 AM
Given the salary of a MLS team compared to the salary of a CFL team shouldn't Argonauts tickets be less expensive than TFC tickets?

Some people have claimed that the Argonauts will be paying less rent at BMO Field than at the Rogers Centre.

Also some of that rent may be coming back to the new Argonauts owners via MLSE. That should be some interesting accounting! :-)

Not doubting any of that. Just wondering about Invader's agenda vs. his always defending of Braley. Hasn't posted in a while, and then decides to set the seed for new ownerships ticket pricing.

Neely2005
10-08-2015, 11:22 AM
Not doubting any of that. Just wondering about Invader's agenda vs. his always defending of Braley. Hasn't posted in a while, and then decides to set the seed for new ownerships ticket pricing.

Well we still don't really know for sure but this article from last year says that it's more expensive to play @ BMO Field.

"It is expensive to play a game at BMO Field, more expensive than it is now for the Argos to play a game at the Rogers Centre. Thanks to several union contracts between the city and everyone from the electrical and sound staff to concessions workers and the ushers, it costs about $100,000 every time Toronto FC plays at BMO Field. That is why there are few concerts at either BMO or Ricoh Coliseum, which is governed by the same deals. Since the facility is owned by the city, there is no cutting a sweetheart deal just to land a new tenant."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/football/leiweke-outlines-mlse-plans-for-stadium-renovation/article16570810/

Argo57
10-08-2015, 09:00 PM

I'll believe ticket pricing info when it is released by the team.

Invader
10-08-2015, 11:30 PM
I suggested these ticket prices to sellout every Argos game including the 15,000 Grey Cup grandstand. Those were net ticket prices with tax and facility fee to be added (and perhaps TM surcharge). I have no idea if the new Argo owners will charge a facility fee, which is common in newer CFL stadiums. I'm sure Rogers will have a say in this, ensuring Argo fans get no free ride. I believe the Argos facility fee should be no more or less than what TFC fans pay.

I hope the Argos are tremendously successful at BMO. I was one of the first posters who promoted the idea a couple of years ago (on the old forum) that the Argos have a need and a right to relocate to city-owned BMO. The original intention of the stadium was to accommodate the Argos and Toronto's new soccer team. Many posters criticized me, saying I was crazy because MLSE wouldn't allow it, MLS wouldn't allow it, the city wouldn't allow it, TFC and their fans wouldn't allow it, and so on. The Argos have overcome those obstacles and the relocation to BMO is finally becoming reality. The franchise has been sold to local owners, the principles of one of the most successful sports enterprises in the world. With a right-sized 26,500 seats, this move essentially ensures the Argos and Canadian football will survive forever...or at least for another 143 years!

I can add the tax and $3.00 facility fee if it makes people happier.

55-yd-line: $92
45-yd-line: $78
30-yd-line: $60
20-yd-line: $50
Goal-line: $37.50
Perm. EZ: $32
Temp. EZ: $19.99 or 2 for $35 (inclusive prices, no facility fee)

Are these prices too low? Perhaps the Argos will want to charge $50 for the endzone and $120 for premium seating? Whatever the market will bear, I guess. I'm a cheapie at heart and would probably go for the cheapest $37 sideline seat and a $6.50 beer...but maybe that ship has already sailed?

Qman
10-09-2015, 12:30 AM
Well we still don't really know for sure but this article from last year says that it's more expensive to play @ BMO Field.

"It is expensive to play a game at BMO Field, more expensive than it is now for the Argos to play a game at the Rogers Centre. Thanks to several union contracts between the city and everyone from the electrical and sound staff to concessions workers and the ushers, it costs about $100,000 every time Toronto FC plays at BMO Field. That is why there are few concerts at either BMO or Ricoh Coliseum, which is governed by the same deals. Since the facility is owned by the city, there is no cutting a sweetheart deal just to land a new tenant."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/football/leiweke-outlines-mlse-plans-for-stadium-renovation/article16570810/

this is really old news.
My understanding is one of the reasons MLSE put $120m into BMO was on the condition they rework the costs at BMO ... otherwise they would have built greenfield stadium in Downsview or Vaughn and controlled all concessions and parking etc with the $120m This is so they can put more events on a BMO like concerts.

I suggested these ticket prices to sellout every Argos game including the 15,000 Grey Cup grandstand. Those were net ticket prices with tax and facility fee to be added (and perhaps TM surcharge). I have no idea if the new Argo owners will charge a facility fee, which is common in newer CFL stadiums. I'm sure Rogers will have a say in this, ensuring Argo fans get no free ride. I believe the Argos facility fee should be no more or less than what TFC fans pay.

I hope the Argos are tremendously successful at BMO. I was one of the first posters who promoted the idea a couple of years ago (on the old forum) that the Argos have a need and a right to relocate to city-owned BMO. The original intention of the stadium was to accommodate the Argos and Toronto's new soccer team. Many posters criticized me, saying I was crazy because MLSE wouldn't allow it, MLS wouldn't allow it, the city wouldn't allow it, TFC and their fans wouldn't allow it, and so on. The Argos have overcome those obstacles and the relocation to BMO is finally becoming reality. The franchise has been sold to local owners, the principles of one of the most successful sports enterprises in the world. With a right-sized 26,500 seats, this move essentially ensures the Argos and Canadian football will survive forever...or at least for another 143 years!

I can add the tax and $3.00 facility fee if it makes people happier.

55-yd-line: $92
45-yd-line: $78
30-yd-line: $60
20-yd-line: $50
Goal-line: $37.50
Perm. EZ: $32
Temp. EZ: $19.99 or 2 for $35 (inclusive prices, no facility fee)

Are these prices too low? Perhaps the Argos will want to charge $50 for the endzone and $120 for premium seating? Whatever the market will bear, I guess. I'm a cheapie at heart and would probably go for the cheapest $37 sideline seat and a $6.50 beer...but maybe that ship has already sailed?

what about lower deck vs upper deck

Gill The Thrill
10-09-2015, 11:48 AM
Argos tickets are currently more expensive than that. Seems to me like you are setting the seeds to bad mouth the new owners if they don't lower ticket prices. I guess it goes hand in hand with your constant defense of Braley.And we see how much those more expensive ticket prices have really helped keep season ticket numbers at a respectable level.

Aren't you the guy who posted that the Eskies charge $18 to sit in the endzone. TFC charges $15 at the low end zone and that's usually the most full section. The CFL in general, not just the Argos better be concerned with outpricing their fan base. It's one thing to create a value for your product, but another to overcharge where attendance has fallen and attendance has fallen in some western markets where the attendance average was the most stable. Edmonton, Winnipeg and British Columbia are all down from last year. The Bombers are hosting the Grey Cup despite a below avg team, the Eskimos are one of the best teams in the league and the Lions have the Toronto excuse of traffic congestion in a big city and playing under the shadow of the Canucks and even the Seahawks in nearby Seattle. Calgary may be down as well. Hamilton and Ottawa are near capacity, but capacity in those stadiums are below average for league attendance. When everybody sees the new stadiums and the novelty wears off, will fans pay upwards of $100 a seat to watch a team that has a total payroll of 5 million. Judging by that payroll, hard to justify ticket prices at Buffalo Bills levels or, Toronto Blue Jay and Toronto Raptor levels. Toronto Rock level and TFC level pricing or somewhere in between may be more comparable even though some on here may not believe so....food for thought.

The Grey Cup is still not sold out, so the league and Orridge have dropped the ball on that one. This is publicity the league does not need because they've overcharged this game. Prices are 40% higher than what they were in Toronto a mere 3 years ago for attending a Grey Cup game.

AngeloV
10-09-2015, 12:21 PM
And we see how much those more expensive ticket prices have really helped keep season ticket numbers at a respectable level.

Aren't you the guy who posted that the Eskies charge $18 to sit in the endzone. TFC charges $15 at the low end zone and that's usually the most full section. The CFL in general, not just the Argos better be concerned with outpricing their fan base. It's one thing to create a value for your product, but another to overcharge where attendance has fallen and attendance has fallen in some western markets where the attendance average was the most stable. Edmonton, Winnipeg and British Columbia are all down from last year. The Bombers are hosting the Grey Cup despite a below avg team, the Eskimos are one of the best teams in the league and the Lions have the Toronto excuse of traffic congestion in a big city and playing under the shadow of the Canucks and even the Seahawks in nearby Seattle. Calgary may be down as well. Hamilton and Ottawa are near capacity, but capacity in those stadiums are below average for league attendance. When everybody sees the new stadiums and the novelty wears off, will fans pay upwards of $100 a seat to watch a team that has a total payroll of 5 million. Judging by that payroll, hard to justify ticket prices at Buffalo Bills levels or, Toronto Blue Jay and Toronto Raptor levels. Toronto Rock level and TFC level pricing or somewhere in between may be more comparable even though some on here may not believe so....food for thought.

The Grey Cup is still not sold out, so the league and Orridge have dropped the ball on that one. This is publicity the league does not need because they've overcharged this game. Prices are 40% higher than what they were in Toronto a mere 3 years ago for attending a Grey Cup game.

I think you misunderstood my point. I agree that tickets are overpriced for the Argos. But if you follow this posters posts, he is the biggest Braley defender there is. IMO, he's setting a seed to come back and trash the new owners once the actual price structure is established.

LLB997
10-09-2015, 07:07 PM

Simmons will be wearing his outside of the bedroom for the 1st time. Go Steve! i kid

jerrym
10-11-2015, 06:03 PM
I went to a BC Lions game last night and bought scalper tickets with a face value of $66 for $25 each for the 20 yard line because as soon as we talked to one scalper, two others showed up and we drove the price down. This tells you how bad it has become with regard to Lions attendance and how overpriced tickets are.

ArgoGabe22
10-11-2015, 06:49 PM
I went to a BC Lions game last night and bought scalper tickets with a face value of $66 for $25 each for the 20 yard line because as soon as we talked to one scalper, two others showed up and we drove the price down. This tells you how bad it has become with regard to Lions attendance and how overpriced tickets are.

I've never understood scalpers, especially in poor markets.

Qman
10-11-2015, 09:16 PM

My brother in Vancouver has BC lions season tix. His are 51-yard line (not club, just ordinary). he has had them for 15yrs, he sells half the games for various reasons. He says he usually get $100+ for them. He pays mid-70s and single game is $90. The spread guarantees him to make money every game. He says he has never sold under face value except for preseason games where he gets $30. Most he gets $120-$150 for saskatchewan. Basically all the $90 are sold-out to season ticket holders so they are hard to get (i think the $90 seats are between the 10s)
The seats the lions can't sell is all the cheap end zone seats for $35. Traffic is so bad in Vancouver, he says those people can just watch the game on TV. His views is selling out the $90 seats guarantees braley a profit before the season starts to he doesn't really care if he sells the cheap seats.

FYI: $66 seats are corners ... scalpers are stupid if they are buying non-prime seats anyone could buy on ticket master

AngeloV
10-11-2015, 10:50 PM
My brother in Vancouver has BC lions season tix. His are 51-yard line (not club, just ordinary). he has had them for 15yrs, he sells half the games for various reasons. He says he usually get $100+ for them. He pays mid-70s and single game is $90. The spread guarantees him to make money every game. He says he has never sold under face value except for preseason games where he gets $30. Most he gets $120-$150 for saskatchewan. Basically all the $90 are sold-out to season ticket holders so they are hard to get (i think the $90 seats are between the 10s)
The seats the lions can't sell is all the cheap end zone seats for $35. Traffic is so bad in Vancouver, he says those people can just watch the game on TV. His views is selling out the $90 seats guarantees braley a profit before the season starts to he doesn't really care if he sells the cheap seats.

FYI: $66 seats are corners ... scalpers are stupid if they are buying non-prime seats anyone could buy on ticket master

I'm sure it's similar to Toronto, where scalpers are paying about $10 per ticket and selling them for 20-25.

Gill The Thrill
10-12-2015, 08:21 AM
I've never understood scalpers, especially in poor markets.

They actually enjoy it, why else would they do it for these events? They use lower demand events as PR so they could make their contacts and clean up during high demand events. They'll take a loss on a low end ticket, because they get all that and more when they sell high end demand events that are sold out at a 100-400% markup. Remember it's all cash transaction when it's done near the stadium so it most likely won't be taxed also, that's a huge upside, opposed to selling on net where they may operate with a licensed business number and may require at least some reporting of 3rd party sales.

argolio
10-12-2015, 09:17 AM
I've never understood scalpers, especially in poor markets.They're all scumbags based on my experience.

AngeloV
10-12-2015, 11:42 AM
They actually enjoy it, why else would they do it for these events? They use lower demand events as PR so they could make their contacts and clean up during high demand events. They'll take a loss on a low end ticket, because they get all that and more when they sell high end demand events that are sold out at a 100-400% markup. Remember it's all cash transaction when it's done near the stadium so it most likely won't be taxed also, that's a huge upside, opposed to selling on net where they may operate with a licensed business number and may require at least some reporting of 3rd party sales.

And yet they all dress and groom as if they are taking a huge loss.

Agreed with Argolio...they are the scum of the earth.

Gill The Thrill
10-12-2015, 04:52 PM
And yet they all dress and groom as if they are taking a huge loss.

Agreed with Argolio...they are the scum of the earth.You know I used think that also, but really they're providing a service. Even teams unofficially use them to judge how expensive they could even charge for their tickets based on rumoured prices on what scalpers or as they call them, ticket speculators, can get.

No one puts a gun to your head forcing you to go through them. If they buy tickets that you'd like to have, that's unfortunate...but it's a supply and demand market system based on bartering which is rather natural, and been going on forever. If it's a high demand game where demand exceeds supply, then they make big money. If supply exceeds demands then they don't make as much money, or are even forced to eat the cost of those tickets. It's really not that sinister as you make it out to be.

Rocket
10-12-2015, 05:09 PM
Surprised that Argos new management hasn't bothered to try to get anything started this year with getting some attention or hype towards next season. I think they are missing another fine oppurtinuty of trying to sell season tickets for next year by not trying to include this game on Saturday as anyone who buys a season ticket or who put a deposit for seasons next year that they would get a pair of free tickets for the game. I know that they don't own the team tell January but why not get the ball rolling we need these new owners to be able to negotiate and get things done not the crap what the current owners/management do of sitting around and making up excuses for everything. Even the crappy owners of ml$e figured it out a couple of years ago when tfc were doing there crap they gave every season ticket holder a free ticket and a free bus ride to Montreal for there home opener. I don't understand why no one even tries doing something like this for even the good of the cfl. There aren't going to be more then 3,500 fans there on Saturday why not try to fill the place up and lose the embarrassment to what it is going to be.

Gill The Thrill
10-12-2015, 05:23 PM
There aren't going to be more then 3,500 fans there on Saturday why not try to fill the place up and lose the embarrassment to what it is going to be.

Beleive it or not, the best scenario may be at THF in Hamilton. As much as we kid around, Hamilton is a good football town, and Burlington in Halton, makes the Hamilton-Wentworth and Halton area as good a football area as any in Canada. I'd be worried about 3,500 being at the dome on Saturday as fans have no idea whether the game will take place there. Hamilton area fans that are neutrals would probably go to THF if it's a decent day, just to even boo the Argos.

T-Bone
10-13-2015, 03:48 PM
Surprised that Argos new management hasn't bothered to try to get anything started this year with getting some attention or hype towards next season.
http://argosatbmofield.ca/

Even the crappy owners of ml$e figured it out a couple of years ago when tfc were doing there crap they gave every season ticket holder a free ticket and a free bus ride to Montreal for there home opener.
Not entirely true. Free tickets were issued to all season ticket holders that wanted them but only 2 buses were provided by the team and it was a lottery to get on the bus. The rest had to find their own way there and back.

Rocket
10-13-2015, 05:32 PM
Not entirely true. Free tickets were issued to all season ticket holders that wanted them but only 2 buses were provided by the team and it was a lottery to get on the bus. The rest had to find their own way there and back.
I am pretty sure that it was offered to anyone but anyways the Argo fan base that has been at Hamilton for games has been pathetic don't understand why no one bothers to put some energy and time to bring some bus loads down to hamitlon for games and start to get more interest for these games.

shayman
10-13-2015, 05:50 PM
I am pretty sure that it was offered to anyone but anyways the Argo fan base that has been at Hamilton for games has been pathetic don't understand why no one bothers to put some energy and time to bring some bus loads down to hamitlon for games and start to get more interest for these games.

Go ahead and organize one then. What are you waiting for? Let us know how it goes. (You'll be personally liable for the bus payment if you can't manage to fill up the bus, or if people tell you they're coming and don't show. Organizing buses is rarely fun.)

While you're at it, you might talk to people who already organize Argo fan buses to Ticat games. http://www.friendsoftheargonauts.com/trip.html

Argo57
10-13-2015, 07:27 PM
Go ahead and organize one then. What are you waiting for? Let us know how it goes. (You'll be personally liable for the bus payment if you can't manage to fill up the bus, or if people tell you they're coming and don't show. Organizing buses is rarely fun.)

While you're at it, you might talk to people who already organize Argo fan buses to Ticat games. http://www.friendsoftheargonauts.com/trip.html

I hear Rudge could be driving Rocket's bus.

AngeloV
10-13-2015, 08:44 PM

Far be it from me to agree with Rocket, but the Argos really should have tried to do something about shuttle buses at least for ST holders from Toronto to Hamilton. It would at least then appear that they care about their most loyal of customers.

argolio
10-13-2015, 09:43 PM
I hear Rudge could be driving Rocket's bus.Then Rudge presses a button and Rocket's ejector seat flies into Hamilton Harbour.

Argo57
10-13-2015, 09:44 PM
Far be it from me to agree with Rocket, but the Argos really should have tried to do something about shuttle buses at least for ST holders from Toronto to Hamilton. It would at least then appear that they care about their most loyal of customers.

That would actually require some foresight, which is sadly lacking with the current regime.

AngeloV
10-13-2015, 11:18 PM
That would actually require some foresight, which is sadly lacking with the current regime.

Yeah I know. Just hate the attitude of: "in 60 days it's no longer mine (Mr Cheapskate crew cut), so why care?"

ArgoFan1
10-13-2015, 11:21 PM
In all fairness, the new owners do not take over until next year. Then, hopefully, everything changes. Why should they pump up the current owner's pocketbook? I know, not a nice thought, but in business, that is what businesses do. I understand hyping the team as we move toward next year, but that would require some spending on the new owners' part. I am willing to wait it out. I've waited this long for the right ownership to come around. My rep told me they would get onto seat selection for season ticket holders early next year once the switch has been made. There is a lot of things to organize along the lines of what price tickets in Skydome equals to what section in BMO. Then there are some that will jump to a better section or a cheaper section, because the sight lines may be better than what they pay for at Skydome now.

Let's be patient and I am sure we will all be happy next June. I always liked the dome, but if the Argos are better off at BMO, I am all for it.

T-Bone
10-14-2015, 07:00 AM
I am pretty sure that it was offered to anyone but anyways
Well, I know you're wrong on this matter because I was one of the season ticket holders that got a free ticket from the team and found my own way there and back. I didn't enter the lottery to get on 1 of the 2 buses the team organized because they did a day trip, straight to the game and back. I decided to make a weekend out of it.

I am willing to wait it out. I've waited this long for the right ownership to come around.

Let's be patient and I am sure we will all be happy next June. I always liked the dome, but if the Argos are better off at BMO, I am all for it.
I'm in the same mood these days. I'm willing to let most things slide this year as the end is near and hopefully much better things are to come.

Gill The Thrill
10-14-2015, 09:45 AM

And capital...as in money, which is usually more available to teams that make a profit and have a huge season ticket base...like say the Chicago Bears. I bring up the Bears because when they were renovating Soldier Field, they were forced to play for a season in Champaign, Illinois, at the Univervity of Illinois, Memorial Stadium because it was the largest stadium closest to Soldier Field. Champaign is 217 km away from Chicago, and was in fact closer to Indianapolis than Chicago.

Do you think the Bears paid for buses to transport their season ticket holders to Champaign???

What next?...door to door service. The Argos are acknowledging their season ticket holders by providing full refunds and cheaper ticket prices to compensate for the possible inconveniance for those willing to travel to games in Hamilton, which is way closer to Toronto, than Champaign was to Chicago. I'm going to take them up on their offer, and will feel much better about buying a beer at THF and supporting a CFL stadium and owner, than buying one at Rogers Centre.

I can understand your frustration, but let's not kick the Argos when they're down...God knows everybody else who doesn't give a shite is?

1argoholic
10-14-2015, 09:50 AM
It's the best time to kick Braley when he's fallen and he can't get up. Oh wait one Argo Die hard tripped him and one in standing on his fat head.

Gill The Thrill
10-14-2015, 09:58 AM
It's the best time to kick Braley when he's fallen and he can't get up. Oh wait one Argo Die hard tripped him and one in standing on his fat head.
Think about all the rich people who live in Toronto? Not one of them, or a group of them was willing to come forth and save the Argos while playing at the dome because of the losses that they would sustain. Why jump on Braley for protecting his wealth? Would you throw your money marketing this team under their lease conditions at the dome? Could you imagine spending thousands on advertising just to have your games moved....that would be a waste.

Some people need to understand that as much as they detest Braley, The Toronto Argonauts would've become the Ottawa Rough Riders without him paying the players for what probaby was about 10-11 years as it's been publicized that he bankrolled C & S ownership group before him, even while already owning the BC Lions.

1argoholic
10-14-2015, 10:05 AM
No crap Gill and I totally agree. I just can't understand why none of those folks have ever stepped up. I don't just mean lately, I mean ever.

AngeloV
10-14-2015, 10:22 AM
Some people need to understand that as much as they detest Braley, The Toronto Argonauts would've become the Ottawa Rough Riders without him paying the players for what probaby was about 10-11 years as it's been publicized that he bankrolled C & S ownership group before him, even while already owning the BC Lions.

I stand by my thoughts that the league would not allow Toronto to go away. Toronto goes away, so does the big TV deal, as sponsors would be difficult to get. The league would have somehow kept Toronto alive, likely by giving a little less of the TV share to the other teams until they were able to find an owner.

mchesher03
10-14-2015, 12:19 PM
fair enough re: braley and i agree the argos would have been toast by now without him. however, this is partially on the backs of season ticket holders like myself and although these are odd circumstances, the fact that ti-cat SSH essentially have a leg up on us to watch our own "home" game since braley is losing money on the relocation, doesn't hold water in my view. Anyhow at this point it is what it is and I'll be watching on the couch.

Rocket
10-14-2015, 10:56 PM

Wow! Is all I got to say for this post! Argos mangement is really starting to rub off on fans of this team in how they think. Hey shayman just curious are you at all related to Chris rudge by any chance?

Excuses excuses no answers for anything!

shayman
10-15-2015, 05:56 AM
Hey shayman just curious are you at all related to Chris rudge by any chance?

People sometimes ask me if I'm related to CFL hall of famer Lew Hayman, but this is a first.

Rocket
10-18-2015, 10:11 AM
Beleive it or not, the best scenario may be at THF in Hamilton. As much as we kid around, Hamilton is a good football town, and Burlington in Halton, makes the Hamilton-Wentworth and Halton area as good a football area as any in Canada. I'd be worried about 3,500 being at the dome on Saturday as fans have no idea whether the game will take place there. Hamilton area fans that are neutrals would probably go to THF if it's a decent day, just to even boo the Argos.

Well I was right again the Argo game didn't attract a crowd over 3,500 yesterday! One word for that pathetic! Not only is it pathetic but scary at the same time considering bob youngs organization gave a lot of free tickets through there website and through some promotions they had. If this isn't a warning sign to the new Argo owners to get there asses to do some work NOW for next season I am afraid we are going to see this hole Argos to bmo move a complete failure. I just don't see how people Argo fans cant come to there senses to realize how much total destruction the current regime has done to this football team. Some people think that the new Argo owners are doing the right thing of sitting around doing nothing and think that they could snap there fingers come June and have bmo field sold out. It ain't going to happen like that! Wake up people!

Argo57
10-18-2015, 10:29 AM
Well I was right again the Argo game didn't attract a crowd over 3,500 yesterday! One word for that pathetic! Not only is it pathetic but scary at the same time considering bob youngs organization gave a lot of free tickets through there website and through some promotions they had. If this isn't a warning sign to the new Argo owners to get there asses to do some work NOW for next season I am afraid we are going to see this hole Argos to bmo move a complete failure. I just don't see how people Argo fans cant come to there senses to realize how much total destruction the current regime has done to this football team. Some people think that the new Argo owners are doing the right thing of sitting around doing nothing and think that they could snap there fingers come June and have bmo field sold out. It ain't going to happen like that! Wake up people!

Agree with much of what you have said Rocket, this is why the extended ownership transition hasn't helped, the Argos are in limbo right now, Braley has already mailed it in and the Tannenbaum group hasn't taken control yet.
I'm sure a marketing plan is already in place for 2016 however years of neglect (by various ownership groups) will not be corrected and reversed overnight, this will take time!

Gill The Thrill
10-18-2015, 02:28 PM

So PT Barnum, what would you do? Do you think it's possible to turn it around over night. The Argos did capture some young fans to become lifelong fans between the Flutie years and and the CandS years. Some bad seasons were interspersed between some bad years but the stadium issue was never as bad as it's been in the last few years. Some games got high attendance including some playoff games and Argos games had always been the best the value in town.

Bad scheduling and increased ticket prices to go along with the ridiculous schedule and the ownership situation has dissolved a fan base that what was at times considered the 2nd most popular team in Toronto based on TV ratings and even attendance figures. I don't think it can happen overnight, but it's not as if anyone who attended Argo games in the past got lobotomies...or did they..lol.

Leaving the dome is a boon because they won't be reminded that they are a 2nd banana to the Blue Jays. The Argos as an organization has to stop acknowledging the existence of the Jays and the Rogers Centre, just as the Jays and Rogers has purposely done to them. Have the Jays ever taken an ad or publicly congratulated the Argos on winning a Grey Cup, ...I can't remember, yet Chris Rudge, praises them while thanking Argo fans for understanding the inconveniance of the schedule. It's a one way street, yet posters like 1argoholic and myself are getting flak for putting down other Toronto teams because of the continual bad press, or no press that the CFL gets in this market.

With the final decision on this game coming after Game 4 of the ALDS Sunday night, what the heck did they expect?...5 days to sell fans on a location that's 40 miles away from it's original location. How many Durham region Argo fans or York Region Argo fans made the trek to Hamilton as it's on the other side of the GTA for them. Imagine fans from as far as Barrie or Peterborough who watch the Argos at the dome, you think 5 days is enough notice for them to change their entire weekend schedule.

Rocket
10-18-2015, 05:29 PM
So PT Barnum, what would you do? Do you think it's possible to turn it around over night. The Argos did capture some young fans to become lifelong fans between the Flutie years and and the CandS years. Some bad seasons were interspersed between some bad years but the stadium issue was never as bad as it's been in the last few years. Some games got high attendance including some playoff games and Argos games had always been the best the value in town.

Bad scheduling and increased ticket prices to go along with the ridiculous schedule and the ownership situation has dissolved a fan base that what was at times considered the 2nd most popular team in Toronto based on TV ratings and even attendance figures. I don't think it can happen overnight, but it's not as if anyone who attended Argo games in the past got lobotomies...or did they..lol.

Leaving the dome is a boon because they won't be reminded that they are a 2nd banana to the Blue Jays. The Argos as an organization has to stop acknowledging the existence of the Jays and the Rogers Centre, just as the Jays and Rogers has purposely done to them. Have the Jays ever taken an ad or publicly congratulated the Argos on winning a Grey Cup, ...I can't remember, yet Chris Rudge, praises them while thanking Argo fans for understanding the inconveniance of the schedule. It's a one way street, yet posters like 1argoholic and myself are getting flak for putting down other Toronto teams because of the continual bad press, or no press that the CFL gets in this market.

With the final decision on this game coming after Game 4 of the ALDS Sunday night, what the heck did they expect?...5 days to sell fans on a location that's 40 miles away from it's original location. How many Durham region Argo fans or York Region Argo fans made the trek to Hamilton as it's on the other side of the GTA for them. Imagine fans from as far as Barrie or Peterborough who watch the Argos at the dome, you think 5 days is enough notice for them to change their entire weekend schedule.

Don't know if that leaving the dome won't remind them that they are second banana to tfc,when they go to bmo. As ml$e have stated tfc gets first priority in everything that goes into bmo field as far as dates permenant signage,flags,logos,ads etc.. No one from the Argos side of things has come out and said anything about how the Argos will be treated. When they are talking how one side of the end zone will be field turf and the other grass and how the centre field won't even line up properly with the seating arrangement one has to think how much better treatment will the Argos get? And even at this stage of the game the Argos are so far behind everything that I am not even sure any of that will matter at the end because I have a feeling that they will have a tough time selling the place out.

Gill you have to stop with the excuses for the Argos and stop protecting the poor ownership and management of this team. You stated earlier how Hamilton was a football area and that they should get a big crowd for the game on Saturday now you are trying to say that it is to far for people from Barrie and Peterborough to go to the game! Just face the facts the current ownership of this team SUCKS! The new ownership team does not look to be much better then what it is now. When you have tannembum talking to the media the next day of the sale of the Argos on how he wants to bring an nfl team to Toronto you have to start to think how committed and dedicated is this guy to the cfl!

Gill The Thrill
10-18-2015, 06:33 PM
Point to the post that had me say a "big crowd". Even if it was the size it was, still a better atmosphere than the dome. It was in a real football looking stadium and a football looking environment, not a shopping mall which is what going to the dome is like.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8