PDA

View Full Version : Well so far Barker has shown what he thinks of active CFL free agents.

1argoholic
02-17-2012, 12:50 PM
A few days in and we've signed nobody. Trafalis has been out of the league and we've signed a rookie receiver from the states. Slow news coming out of Cowtown as well. Not sure if our own free agents don't fit our plans or is Barker waiting things out?

Oh well it's time to let the chips fall where they may and see what happens. Hope to hear about another qb signing perhaps.

Will
02-17-2012, 12:58 PM
Barker not being active on the free agency market is something that we knew already.

Perhaps, Barker is seeing where the rest of our FA's end up and then using FA to replace the holes, but if that is the case you don't want to wait too long to start doing that.

1argoholic
02-17-2012, 01:04 PM
Not sure why he has issues with free agency. Let's just hope he can find the players to fill all of the holes because there's plenty at this point.

KCargosfan
02-17-2012, 01:51 PM
Also keep in mind that Fantuz was holding a lot of things up. Now that he has signed, things should progress.

argonaut11xx
02-17-2012, 02:10 PM
The Eskimo DYNASTY...was built on the back of an all-Canadian O-Line....The ARGO"S need to pursue this...

Murphy, Roberston, et all (meaning all decent O linemen)...now become more important...

Barker must understand that Ricky Ray only wins when he is not running, or scare for his life...

KCargosfan
02-17-2012, 02:38 PM
The Eskimo DYNASTY...was built on the back of an all-Canadian O-Line....The ARGO"S need to pursue this...

Murphy, Roberston, et all (meaning all decent O linemen)...now become more important...

Barker must understand that Ricky Ray only wins when he is not running, or scare for his life...

Unless Murphy signs for about a 65 percent pay cut, we should look elsewhere.

ArgoRavi
02-17-2012, 03:28 PM
Why re-sign Murphy and Robertson for big bucks when two younger and cheaper players did at least as good of a job filling in for them during the second half of last season? Furthermore, you don't build a team with free agents from other teams in this league. I have no problem with the approach which Barker has taken. You sign other teams' free agents to fill some holes perhaps but success in this league depends most on your own recruiting and drafting and that is what Barker needs to be most focused on.

Area 51
02-17-2012, 03:59 PM

I don't follow your arguement here...if you're trying to champion the idea of an all Canadian OLine what does Murphy have to do with anything? A 35 year old NI tackle that's one of the team's highest paid players and coming off a major knee injury should be one of the first to be let go. It's not 2005 anymore and Murphy's not the best LT in the CFL - - he's not even the best LT on the team.

argolio
02-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Murphy's not the best LT in the CFL - - he's not even the best LT on the team.That's yet to be determined.

Area 51
02-17-2012, 04:49 PM
That's yet to be determined.

Did you miss the games that Coughman started in place of Murphy last year? Fewer holding calls and fewer sacks given up is usually a pretty good indicator of which player is the better LT. Factor in salary and it's a no brainer.

1argoholic
02-17-2012, 05:50 PM
I've already written Murphy off as an Argo. At this point when your rebuilding you gotta go for it. I don't expect this team to end up in the Grey Cup but I do expect improvement.

argolio
02-18-2012, 01:32 AM
Did you miss the games that Coughman started in place of Murphy last year? Fewer holding calls and fewer sacks given up is usually a pretty good indicator of which player is the better LT. Factor in salary and it's a no brainer.I'd go with Coughman as well, but it's still yet to be determined how he'd do as the unquestioned LT starter right from opening day.

BATKINSON001
02-18-2012, 11:19 AM
in response to the topic title, if some of the threads on here are true, barker seems to be doing well filling the holes so far :D

1argoholic
02-18-2012, 04:17 PM
Since my original posting he is filling holes.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8