PDA

View Full Version : Scott Mitchell released

Wobbler
06-01-2014, 11:18 AM
I find this pretty surprising. He was our second most meaningful FA acquisition (admittedly well behind Emry), and a highly regarded guy not long ago (#2 overall pick in 2011).

People are tweeting that he failed his physical, but his condition must have been pretty bad for him to be released outright.

1argoholic
06-01-2014, 12:07 PM
Perhaps his condition and mind weren't into the game anymore. I'm just thinking aloud that if he didn't put the work in during the off season he just lost the passion.

doubleblue
06-01-2014, 01:25 PM
Perhaps his condition and mind weren't into the game anymore. I'm just thinking aloud that if he didn't put the work in during the off season he just lost the passion.

You may be right. He wouldn't be the first Canadian who went down to the NCAA, played well and then couldn't translate that passion and skill to the CFL. I was surprised he signed with the Argos instead of his home town Ottawa in the off season. Maybe the RedBlacks will give him a shot later in the season if the need arises.

OV Argo
06-01-2014, 02:59 PM
Disappointing - guy seemed like a good young talent when he came into the league as a first round draft choice.

Maybe one of those players who is very good in college ball, but that doesn't necessarily translate to a higher level of competition in the pros? Or, maybe he had injury problems, or didn't have a good initial CFL experience, or maybe just didn't have his heart into it to be in shape, work hard and to compete?

Argocister
06-01-2014, 05:23 PM
If you listen to Milonovich video post day 1 ..... He said it was his knee..... But Milonovich also commented he wouldn't be surprised if Mitchell shows up elsewhere.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8