PDA

View Full Version : Cool CFL collectable find in Keene Ontario

1argoholic
06-01-2014, 11:54 AM
We've been hitting different towns that surround us since our move back to Ontario. Yesterday we hit a few antique/collectible shops in Keene. We were't in there but a minute when my wife found four 1950's or 60's CFL glasses. Calgary, BC, Ottawa and Edmonton. All in very good shape. I then found one on a separate shelf with the CFL logo. The glasses are about a toonie wide on the bottom coming up to a hardball sized top with logo on one side and a fine gold rim around the top. I can just picture some CFL fans drinking rum and cokes back in the day.

We scaled back to a smaller house with a mostly unfinished basement so our art and CFL collectibles are all boxed up. From a beautiful house done up exactly the way we wanted it to a house that needs interior work yet loving it here and hating it where we were. Go figure.

argofandave
06-01-2014, 12:36 PM
I know exactly what glasses you mean. I have every team but Montreal. Mine are all thrift store finds. Most of them do have the gold rim around the top but I do have a couple that don't. I'm guessing they're from the late 1960's or early 1970's since I'm sure I've seen ads for them in CFL programs from that era. I think that 1968 was the first year that the league used that CFL logo (maple leaf on a helmet) so that's why I don't think that the glasses would be older than that.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8