PDA

View Full Version : A Pile of Ship

Oarsman
02-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Willie Pile has re-signed with the Argonauts. Maybe he will go back to linebacker.

1argoholic
02-17-2012, 05:42 PM
Hell Yah, just like in the other post about this!!!!

Will
02-17-2012, 05:51 PM
Interesting to see what his role will be. We kept hearing that Younger would move to safety leaving Pile to move back to linebacker?

paulwoods13
02-17-2012, 05:54 PM
Interesting to see what his role will be. We kept hearing that Younger would move to safety leaving Pile to move back to linebacker?

I fully expect that to happen. Pile was better at LB in the past than he was at safety last season, and Younger looked very good at safety over the last few weeks. But there is a vacancy at wide-side corner, so I spoze Younger could end up there.

R.J
02-17-2012, 06:34 PM
But there is a vacancy at wide-side corner, so I spoze Younger could end up there.Crossing my fingers for a Tristan Jackson signing.:D

ArgoGabe22
02-17-2012, 07:02 PM
Crossing my fingers for a Tristan Jackson signing.:D

He just tweeted he's back in green and white

R.J
02-17-2012, 07:24 PM
He just tweeted he's back in green and whiteYeah I just saw that, a bit disappointed right now.

Area 51
02-17-2012, 07:51 PM
But there is a vacancy at wide-side corner, so I spoze Younger could end up there.

Easiest position to fill in the secondary is wide side CB, so if they want to hide Younger there it might make some sense but I don't think he has anywhere close to enough speed to play it.

Matt Black would make the most sense for it - - in terms of ability and NI ratio help.

paulwoods13
02-17-2012, 08:19 PM
Easiest position to fill in the secondary is wide side CB, so if they want to hide Younger there it might make some sense but I don't think he has anywhere close to enough speed to play it.

Matt Black would make the most sense for it - - in terms of ability and NI ratio help.

I agree on all points. Younger is better suited to play safety, and I'd love to see Black start at CB.

AngeloV
02-18-2012, 01:13 AM
I would like to see Black start at the wide side corner too, but I wouldn't be surprised if Dwight Anderson eventually made his way to Toronto. He didn't seem to fit in in Montreal last year, but has played very well under Chris Jones in the past.

argolio
02-18-2012, 01:55 AM
I would like to see Black start at the wide side corner too, but I wouldn't be surprised if Dwight Anderson eventually made his way to Toronto. He didn't seem to fit in in Montreal last year, but has played very well under Chris Jones in the past.Jones would know him better than anyone I guess, but I worry Anderson may have gone Leroy Paul over-the-edge last year. Can't have a guy out there who can't control his emotions.

Area 51
02-18-2012, 02:50 AM
Wow, great point - - I completely forgot about Anderson being sent home last year, basically kicked off the team. Can Trestman bring him back after what happened last year? I love Anderson's style of play - - always agressive and on the edge, sometimes even going over it. Defence could use two or three guys with that kind of attitude and intensity.

R.J
02-18-2012, 03:06 AM
Trestman and Popp had both stated a couple of weeks ago that Anderson is still with the team and will be there for training camp, however things could obviously change.

Will
02-26-2012, 02:35 PM
My apologies if someone already pointed this out, but I couldn't help but notice on the Argos website that Younger is now listed as an "S" and Pile is listed as an "LB." I don't think this sets in stone that they are switching places, but it's looking likely.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8