PDA

View Full Version : Player money/New money

ArgoRedneck
06-14-2014, 10:55 AM
Does anyone know how the new money the players got is going to be devided up? Is the $600,000 for new contracts or when old ones open up? Do all the players get a percentage of it right away? And is $600,000 or $800,000 I hear both figures? For easy math if a player is making $100,000 under the expired CBA what is his new $$$$ figure as of today? I'm also curious to find out if the new TV money was shared amongest the front office staff. I would think all workers on CFL teams deserve a part of the TEAM money.

Argocister
06-14-2014, 11:01 AM
I'm thinking for the Argos some of the TV deal would go to the practice facility .... If that pans out. Still only speculation on my part.

Invader
06-14-2014, 12:47 PM
Does anyone know how the new money the players got is going to be devided up? Is the $600,000 for new contracts or when old ones open up? Do all the players get a percentage of it right away? And is $600,000 or $800,000 I hear both figures? For easy math if a player is making $100,000 under the expired CBA what is his new $$$$ figure as of today? I'm also curious to find out if the new TV money was shared amongest the front office staff. I would think all workers on CFL teams deserve a part of the TEAM money.
I believe the players will continue to earn the salary they signed for, with the exception of those earning less than $50,000 who will be "topped-up" to the new minimum.

I also believe the "ratification bonuses" ($1,500 to rookies to $12,000 for six-year veterans, totalling about $300k per team) will be included in the 2014 salary Cap, which has a $4.4M minimum and $5.0M maximim. TSN's Naylor has posted that theese bonuses will be "on top" of the salary Cap (which would make the Cap effectively $5.3M) but I'm not sure that is the case.

So most players won't be getting a salary increase until they sign a new contract. If teams don't reach the minimum $4.4M Cap this year, they can use the excess 2014 Cap room to pay signing bonuses for players signing new contracts for 2015.

p.s. The office staff will likely continue to earn the salaries they've agreed to. I doubt the new TV money will be necessarily shared with the staff, but rather re-invested into growing the business or paying off debts.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8