PDA

View Full Version : Jeffers-Harris violated Bombers’ team rules

R.J
11-17-2011, 05:07 PM
Jeffers-Harris violated Bombers’ team rules: LaPolice (http://www.torontosun.com/2011/11/17/bombers-release-jeffers-harris-after-disastrous-season).
“We released him for a violation of team rules,” head coach Paul LaPolice said after Thursday’s practice. “It’s not the first time it’s happened, so we just decided to go in another direction. At this crucial point in the year, everybody’s focus should be on winning a championship.”

Something must have happened rather quickly, because on Nov. 4 in Calgary, when asked if Jeffers-Harris had been a good pro during his demotion, LaPolice said, “Absolutely.”
Even though I'm not a big fan of trouble makers, TJ Harris does have skill and showed last season he could be a solid 1-2 receiver. If he loses some of that extra weight and is willing to prove himself, he should be brought into the Argos TC IMO.

AngeloV
11-17-2011, 09:44 PM
He was framed!!

R.J
11-17-2011, 11:51 PM
He was framed!! Maybe he was ;), but this was posted by WBB-Mike (http://www.riderfans.com/forum/showthread.php?104391-Blue-Bombers-release-Terence-Jeffers-Harris) over on the Riders forum.
If everyone really wants to know what happened, I'll tell you.

He has terrible people surrounding him. I've never heard of many players having parents get involved with negotiating playing time, but his did. His fiancee was a loudmouth who was in Winnipeg with him and she would make herself visible at practices to vocalize her displeasure with the way our management treated him to anyone who would listen. His agent is a real piece of work too, didn't even understand the 1+1 option deal when they signed it and then tried to force his way out. On top of everything else, his extended family even started posting complaints on the fan forum about how he was mistreated.

The players didn't like him. I spoke to a couple of the younger guys on the team over the weekend and they were basically all saying the same thing. Superiority complex, thinks he should be in the NFL and in general, was just basically a doucher. It's really a shame, because the one thing that I thought about TJ when he came to Winnipeg was that he had a great attitude and he seemed humble.

He thinks he's going to the NFL ... good luck to him.Obviously not sure if this is true or not, but sounds very possible that this.... among other things lead to TJH's release.

R.J
11-18-2011, 12:00 AM
Here are some tweets via Arash Madani's twitter feed (http://twitter.com/#!/arashmadani).
ArashMadani Arash Madani
Guess who is in Hamilton right now? Terence-Jeffers Harris, the WR cut by the #Bombers today. Think this #CFL East Final takes on more heat?

#Ticats have long liked TJ Harris. He may be at Ham's practice Fri, but paperwork at #CFL office likely needs to be clarified 1st. #Bombers

TJ Harris, to my knowledge, hasn't signed a #CFL deal w/ the #Ticats. But stay tuned. Lead up to Sunday just got more interesting. #Bombers

Last Harris note:If he signs w/ #Ticats, it's to the prac roster. Ineligible for playoffs. But #Bombers info now in hands of Ham staff. #CFL

1argoholic
11-18-2011, 11:52 AM
I guess the Bombers didn't plan on this. haha.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8