PDA

View Full Version : The beginning of the end for the Raps ?

R.J
02-17-2012, 11:42 PM
Who loses to Charlotte ? Gives a team on a 16 game losing streak a Win ? (making it 4 wins this season for the Bobcats) That right "YOUR" Toronto Raptors. Also in reading the "It's your Call" comment section, the "fans" are starting to give up on the team, people even suggesting it should be the Raps going to Seattle, instead of New Orleans or Sacramento. http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=388137
As I've pointed out previously if MLSE didn't own the Raps I highly doubt they would still be around. (and yes I'm more than well aware that if McNall, Gretzky, Candy, Labatt/TSN, Sherwood Schwartz, The League, C+S, and Braley at one point or another didn't own the team the Argos wouldn't be here either)

argolio
02-18-2012, 01:17 AM
Pretty embarrassing loss, but I'm sure they expected being awful this season.

As far as them ever moving, not unless they were a large albatross around MLSE's neck for an extended period of time, and I think NBA league revenues are probably enough to protect against that. But I wouldn't say it's impossible.

DanTheFan
02-18-2012, 09:35 AM
I'd be pretty pissed if the Raptors went stateside. As far as I know, there are teams out there that are much worse off that they are in terms of finances. This year has been pretty damn horrible, but the fans have been showing up despite losses. Not many sellouts, but I'd guess their attendance hasn't dipped much more than it has for other teams this season.

Will
02-18-2012, 04:10 PM
Who loses to Charlotte ? Gives a team on a 16 game losing streak a Win ? (making it 4 wins this season for the Bobcats) That right "YOUR" Toronto Raptors. Also in reading the "It's your Call" comment section, the "fans" are starting to give up on the team, people even suggesting it should be the Raps going to Seattle, instead of New Orleans or Sacramento. http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=388137
As I've pointed out previously if MLSE didn't own the Raps I highly doubt they would still be around. (and yes I'm more than well aware that if McNall, Gretzky, Candy, Labatt/TSN, Sherwood Schwartz, The League, C+S, and Braley at one point or another didn't own the team the Argos wouldn't be here either)

There's always trolls in the "It's your Call" comment section, but I certainly understand the frustration.

I don't follow the Raptors or the NBA that much anymore, but I have no wish for any Toronto sports team to relocate.

DanTheFan
02-18-2012, 05:05 PM
There's always trolls in the "It's your Call" comment section, but I certainly understand the frustration.

I don't follow the Raptors or the NBA that much anymore, but I have no wish for any Toronto sports team to relocate.

All the frustrated Leafs fans come out of the woodwork to troll basketball threads on TSN. I, for one, am a frustrated Leafs AND Raptors fan. :D

7dj83r8f78t4alf8