PDA

View Full Version : Where do ARGOFANS reside???? (Revised Poll)

argonaut11xx
07-06-2014, 11:36 PM
Just Curious where ARGOFANS reside?

416?
905?
Other Ontario?
Maritimes?
Quebec?
Manitoba?
Saskatchewan?
Alberta?
BC?

Tau Ceti
07-06-2014, 11:48 PM
This is a good idea for a poll, argonaut11xx, but I'd be really interested to subdivide the 905 and 416 a little more. It would have some bearing on our endless discussions about stadium locations.

Wobbler
07-06-2014, 11:53 PM
A recent xkcd comic (http://xkcd.com/1389/) reminded me that the Earth's land mass isn't especially impressive. Venus has more! Nevertheless, I don't think you've given our planet enough credit. Some Argonaut fans, like me, reside in extra-Canadian lands.

argonaut11xx
07-06-2014, 11:58 PM
This is a good idea for a poll, argonaut11xx, but I'd be really interested to subdivide the 905 and 416 a little more. It would have some bearing on our endless discussions about stadium locations.

I understand what your saying, however, 905 people, no matter if they are north, west, or east, tend to be more resourseful as to how they will get to Argo games, IMO, being from Ajax before i moved, the GO, or driving, or even getting to a subway was an option depending on time constraints or if i planned on drinking etc...met many "905" Argofans at union station over the years.

A recent xkcd comic (http://xkcd.com/1389/) reminded me that the Earth's land mass isn't especially impressive. Venus has more! Nevertheless, I don't think you've given our planet enough credit. Some Argonaut fans, like me, reside in extra-Canadian lands.

Sorry Wobbler, but our pal's/Argofans from USA,or other places are just as important, and maybe i should have added "other" as an option, sorry about that. If your not from a choice in the poll, maybe just state where you reside? Every Argofan matters

argolio
07-07-2014, 12:01 AM
A recent xkcd comic (http://xkcd.com/1389/) reminded me that the Earth's land mass isn't especially impressive. Venus has more! Nevertheless, I don't think you've given our planet enough credit. Some Argonaut fans, like me, reside in extra-Canadian lands.Totally unscientific map. It's missing Krypton.

dmont
07-07-2014, 02:03 AM

This Argo fan's in Atlanta!

1argoholic
07-07-2014, 07:35 AM
Formerly a 905er, 250er and now a proud 705er. haha. Go Petes Go, Go Lakers Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will
07-07-2014, 08:11 AM
I live in Thornhill (Vaughan side) and thus in the 905. However, one who votes for 905 could be living as far south as Niagara Falls, as far west as Georgetown, as far north as Bradford and as far east as Cobourg which is a very large area.

ArgoRedneck
07-07-2014, 08:13 AM

paulwoods13
07-07-2014, 08:58 AM
I live in Thornhill (Vaughan side) and thus in the 905. However, one who votes for 905 could be living as far south as Niagara Falls, as far west as Georgetown, as far north as Bradford and as far east as Cobourg which is a very large area.

Bingo. Hence the "poll" is irrelevant (not to mention statistically invalid unless the number of people using this site increases by at least hundreds).

ArgoRedneck
07-07-2014, 09:26 AM
Bingo. Hence the "poll" is irrelevant (not to mention statistically invalid unless the number of people using this site increases by at least hundreds).

Who cares what 905 covers, the relevance is that it is not in Toronto. Its not a stadium location poll. If most members on this site vote then it is a good indicator of where the fans on this site live.

paulwoods13
07-07-2014, 09:58 AM
OK, let's suppose we determine that 100% of the fans on this site live in the 905. (And let's ignore the fact that the number of fans regularly using this site is a tiny fraction of the number of fans who attended Saturday's game, and an infinitesimal fraction of the number that watched the game on TV.) What good does that info do us? If you suggest that it proves a stadium should be built in the 905, the question returns -- where? Niagara Falls? Bradford? Cobourg? And what happens to all those 905-dwelling fans who would face much more arduous commute to such a stadium than they do now? And of course, what does it matter as long as there is no one prepared to build a stadium?

ArgoGabe22
07-07-2014, 10:00 AM
If only 20 members respond, this poll is completely useless as a representative of the fan base but can be useful if you want to specifically know where the forum community resides.

T-Bone
07-07-2014, 10:07 AM
I live in the 416. North end of Toronto not North York.

Will
07-07-2014, 10:19 AM
The poll options would need to segment further in order to be meaningful. There would have to be an option 905--Peel, 905--York, 905--Durham and so forth. Let's not forget that Hamilton also is part of the 905 area code.

ArgoRedneck
07-07-2014, 10:26 AM
OK, let's suppose we determine that 100% of the fans on this site live in the 905. (And let's ignore the fact that the number of fans regularly using this site is a tiny fraction of the number of fans who attended Saturday's game, and an infinitesimal fraction of the number that watched the game on TV.) What good does that info do us? If you suggest that it proves a stadium should be built in the 905, the question returns -- where? Niagara Falls? Bradford? Cobourg? And what happens to all those 905-dwelling fans who would face much more arduous commute to such a stadium than they do now? And of course, what does it matter as long as there is no one prepared to build a stadium?

To my understanding this poll has nothing to do about a stadium location more about does the team support/attendance come from Toronto. Toronto, home of the DONial river

Will
07-07-2014, 10:33 AM
To my understanding this poll has nothing to do about a stadium location more about does the team support/attendance come from Toronto. Toronto, home of the DONial river

I believe the question of where team support/attendance comes from is asked and answered.

matthew
07-07-2014, 11:06 AM

Well as a first step just doing it by Area Code makes sense. You can then have a follow-up poll breaking down the largest cohorts namely 416 and 905. What is the harm in that?

Argocister
07-07-2014, 11:17 AM
The poll can relate lots of info if enough people respond. It would be more interesting to know the stats for the STH, and the walk up crowd.
If a stadium is a question, it would give you preliminary info as to where and what questions to ask further.
I would like to think the Argos have looked at this type of info already, and done various analysis on it.

If many of the fans come from outside the downtown area, then they have to consider the draw of downtown T.O. And the transportation to downtown. ( which sucks with your own vehicle) if it is a family coming, is public transport efficient from the outlying areas,etc.

I'm thinking the draw of being downtown is important to ticket sales. If we garner a large walk up crowd, can we duplicate that in a 905 venue? I'm thinking that going to BMO is the direction they want to go as the other discussions are off the table .... At least in the media. In which case, the team must cater to the fans and the direction they are coming from. ..... Which is why tailgating, awesome and fun as it is, is a hard thing to support as many do not bring their own vehicles. So they will have to cater to the needs of the fans .... And the location of the fans will help dictate that ..... As well as the age.
( and Largoholic , that was the source of the music on Sat .... Fans were to tweet in their choices .... We need the younger fans otherwise there won't be any games my kids can drive me to when I'm 80! .....ps I'm a long ways off still :) )

ArgoGabe22
07-07-2014, 11:21 AM
The teams did do a survey and surprise, surpise the majority are from the 905. Where specifically we do not know but is it honestly a shock to anyone?

Neely2005
07-07-2014, 12:19 PM
North York but moving to Thornhill (Markham side) so I voted 905.

Here are two maps of the Ontario Area Codes if anyone is interested:

http://www.whitepages.ca/common/images/maps/OTT.gif

http://www.whitepages.ca/common/images/maps/ON.gif

Yeah we already have a Poll for Stadium Locations:

http://www.argofans.com/showthread.php?2346-New-Stadium-Locations

However I've changed my mind since I originally voted. I now think that 400 & 7 in Vaughan is the best location.

Will
07-07-2014, 12:46 PM
As we can clearly see from the maps, area codes are useless unless they are given geographical context.

argonaut11xx
07-07-2014, 06:18 PM
If only 20 members respond, this poll is completely useless as a representative of the fan base but can be useful if you want to specifically know where the forum community resides.

It was posted more as curiosity than scientific...BC and 416 are in a dead heat....T-Bone, maybe we can have the next meet & greet out here??..haha

T-Bone
07-07-2014, 07:15 PM
T-Bone, maybe we can have the next meet & greet out here??..haha
I'm hoping to make it to Grey Cup this year, so why not.

AngeloV
07-07-2014, 08:16 PM
It is useless, because only a tiny fraction of people that attend games go onto forums.

Neely2005
07-07-2014, 08:52 PM
It was posted more as curiosity than scientific...BC and 416 are in a dead heat....T-Bone, maybe we can have the next meet & greet out here??..haha

These results certainly are eye opening and they seem to match the results that the Argonauts are said to have gotten from their own surveys.

Personally I don't see what the big deal would be if the Argonauts moved to the 905. The New York Jets aren't in New York, the New York Giants aren't in New York, the Ottawa Senators aren't in Ottawa...

Tau Ceti
07-07-2014, 08:55 PM

It is useless, because only a tiny fraction of people that attend games go onto forums.

Sheesh. You folks are being awfully humourless about a harmless poll. I don't think anyone was planning to march into Argos HQ with the results and demand a meeting with Braley. But that doesn't make it useless. Even the relative size of 905 versus 416 that has already turned up is interesting.

AngeloV
07-07-2014, 09:10 PM
Sheesh. You folks are being awfully humourless about a harmless poll. I don't think anyone was planning to march into Argos HQ with the results and demand a meeting with Braley. But that doesn't make it useless. Even the relative size of 905 versus 416 that has already turned up is interesting.

Because we both knew that it would turn into yet another Argos need to move out of the 416 thread, and apparently, it just recently did. I think many of us have had enough or recycled threads with a minor change in wording to make it look like something different.

Tau Ceti
07-07-2014, 09:22 PM
Because we both knew that it would turn into yet another Argos need to move out of the 416 thread, and apparently, it just recently did. I think many of us have had enough or recycled threads with a minor change in wording to make it look like something different.

My only posts on the matter have been clear that I think moving to the 905 is senseless given that the 905 is a massive semi-circular belt around the 416 rather than a single destination. So I'm not disagreeing with you there. I would still be curious to know, however: a) how great the 416/905 disparity is; b) if there is any geographic concentration in the fan base or whether its an even dispersal out from the city centre. The poll as constructed can shed some light on question a) although not on question b).

ArgoGabe22
07-07-2014, 09:37 PM

I have nothing against the poll itself, I understand it was just for curiosity and it shows where the bulk of our posters are from. But like Angelo and many have said, you can't turn these results into a basis to where a stadium should be built. Not saying that's you but we fear some members may turn this into another " let's build the stadium in my own backyard" thread.

Square One is getting a little outdated IMO. Maybe the city can demolish it and build a stadium on the property instead. Perhaps a donation to the team? LOL :D

larz-7
07-07-2014, 10:46 PM
cant believe i spent so much time on a post and it disappeared. TO is where it has to be any further argument we can talk about over beer when you come to winnipeg and see first hand how long it takes to get to a stadium

Neely2005
07-08-2014, 09:59 AM
Since some people are concerned that the 905 Area is to broad. I have created a New Poll with more voting options.

If you're not interested in the subject, please feel free to ignore it.

Due to voting limitations I'm going to concentrate on the 905 & 416 Area Codes. The Maps below provide a reference for how the province breaks down geographically:

http://www.whitepages.ca/common/images/maps/ON.gif

http://www.whitepages.ca/common/images/maps/OTT.gif

http://www.billavista.com/atv/Articles/Ontario_Trails/maps/Ontario_Counties.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1a/Greater_toronto_area_map.svg/287px-Greater_toronto_area_map.svg.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/15/North_York_Locator.png

argonaut11xx
07-08-2014, 10:29 AM
Did you get approval from AngeloV?????...apparently without it any post/poll here is "useless", and stupid.

Neely2005
07-08-2014, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the Merge. Is it possible to modify the Thread Title to reflect that there's a New Poll?

EDIT: Thanks again!

AngeloV
07-08-2014, 01:35 PM
Did you get approval from AngeloV?????...apparently without it any post/poll here is "useless", and stupid.

Thanks for following the proper chain of command, but I wasn't talking about the actual poll. Just the inevitable "where should the build the stadium" debate that these always turn into.

Neely2005
07-08-2014, 01:44 PM
These results certainly are eye opening and they seem to match the results that the Argonauts are said to have gotten from their own surveys.

Personally I don't see what the big deal would be if the Argonauts moved to the 905. The New York Jets aren't in New York, the New York Giants aren't in New York, the Ottawa Senators aren't in Ottawa...

Once again the New Poll seems to be reflecting the results of the Argonauts Surveys.

geefmon
07-08-2014, 01:52 PM
I am in a group If 5 season ticket holders - I have voted in the poll for myself, but thought I'd share:
3 - 519 (1 Waterloo, 2 in London - I drive or train to every game from London, but would love better return train times!)
2 - 416 - downtown Toronto

BayArgonaut
07-08-2014, 02:19 PM
Mississauga, Peel
X4 as I am with a group of friends

AngeloV
07-08-2014, 02:27 PM
I am in a group If 5 season ticket holders - I have voted in the poll for myself, but thought I'd share:
3 - 519 (1 Waterloo, 2 in London - I drive or train to every game from London, but would love better return train times!)
2 - 416 - downtown Toronto

Mississauga, Peel
X4 as I am with a group of friends
You mean not all Argos fans come from Durham region? Shocking. I was led to believe otherwise earlier this week. :rolleyes:

argonaut11xx
07-08-2014, 03:21 PM
Thanks for following the proper chain of command, but I wasn't talking about the actual poll. Just the inevitable "where should the build the stadium" debate that these always turn into.

I am on bended knee before you El Duce....

That said, my original poll had nothing to do with the tired old stadium debate...i just wanted to know where ARGOFAN forum members lived. Thats all.

However,the scientific minds on here warped a simple fun poll into something way heavier than it was intended to be. Being stuck out here on the LEFT coast, i was selfishly hoping to find some fellow ARGOFANS to join me at a local pub for the games, then maybe even meet up in Sept when the Argo's visit BC, and again when the Argo's are in the Grey Cup. Yes, that was my sinister plan.

DRATS...foiled again

BTW...as for a possible stadium site, i still like downsveiw,but thats for another thread

Neely2005
07-08-2014, 03:24 PM
It's interesting how so far the 416 Votes are all in 'Old Toronto'.

argonaut11xx
07-08-2014, 03:29 PM
It's interesting how so far the 416 Votes are all in 'Old Toronto'.

Interesting...absolutely...

Scientific enough ???....hmmmmm...

T-Bone
07-08-2014, 03:48 PM
Interesting...absolutely...

Scientific enough ???....hmmmmm...
There Is No Such Thing As A Scientific Poll (http://wmbriggs.com/blog/?p=4488)

AngeloV
07-08-2014, 05:03 PM
I am on bended knee before you El Duce....

That said, my original poll had nothing to do with the tired old stadium debate...i just wanted to know where ARGOFAN forum members lived. Thats all.

I realize that, and though you started this thread, I didn't mean it to come across as an attack on you. I was just waiting for the inevitable to happen.

Tau Ceti
07-08-2014, 06:04 PM
So when do we break ground in York Region?

argonaut11xx
07-08-2014, 06:12 PM
I realize that, and though you started this thread, I didn't mean it to come across as an attack on you. I was just waiting for the inevitable to happen.

I get that....and completely understand...for me its all about the Argo's...the stadium discussion is just a waste of time until the money shows up to build/move/improve a place for the Argo's to call home...

The original poll was just a way to find out where our forum members are from

DoubleBlue1873
07-08-2014, 09:00 PM
This Argo fan's formerly 519 (Waterloo), now 613 (Ottawa). Also now a RedBlacks season ticket holder and looking forward to wearing my Argos jersey to the inaugural home opener July 18th at TD Place Stadium! Look for a spot of Double Blue on the North side, 33 rows up, 55-yard line!

argonaut11xx
07-08-2014, 09:18 PM
This Argo fan's formerly 519 (Waterloo), now 613 (Ottawa). Also now a RedBlacks season ticket holder and looking forward to wearing my Argos jersey to the inaugural home opener July 18th at TD Place Stadium! Look for a spot of Double Blue on the North side, 33 rows up, 55-yard line!

I "get" that...being in BC,i very much enjoy wearing my Argo swag to BC Lions games, and attending as a CFL Fan...except of course when the double blue are in town...then im a rabid lunatic.

argotom
07-08-2014, 09:26 PM

Would be the ideal location, in the Markham region and pretty much central in the GTA.

Tau Ceti
07-08-2014, 10:41 PM
I was actually being tongue-in-cheek but your idea is duly noted.

Neely2005
07-08-2014, 11:18 PM

Oh oh now you did it. :-)

Would be the ideal location, in the Markham region and pretty much central in the GTA.

Vaughan is better due to the Subway extension that's about to open & Highway 400 access.

jerrym
07-09-2014, 01:49 AM

Since I just voted for BC that breaks the dead heat and therefore the next meet and greet should not be "out here" but in the new Centre of the Universe - Vancouver.

1argoholic
07-09-2014, 07:51 AM
I know that ArgoRedneck is a 705er as I am but I've seen three other Argo vehicles in the last week in Peterborough. A guy was beside me on 115/35 in a grey dodge pickup wearing an Argo jersey after the game on Sat. Two different vehicles with Argo plates spotted, one on Hwy 7 and the other on Parkhill. So that makes four at least in the 705 including me. Fans are out there but how many post here?

ArgoRedneck
07-09-2014, 07:55 AM
You mean not all Argos fans come from Durham region? Shocking. I was led to believe otherwise earlier this week. :rolleyes:

No just the majority. The East and North have the lead. Shocking. The Argo boat is on the DONial river trying to go up stream. Hop on.

argonaut11xx
07-09-2014, 11:21 AM
Since I just voted for BC that breaks the dead heat and therefore the next meet and greet should not be "out here" but in the new Centre of the Universe - Vancouver.

HAHA...well Jerry...im watching the game Saturday at the Rendezvous Pub in Langley City, with my son and a few rabid stamps fans...I do like your terminology, "The New (left of) Centre of the Universe" hahahahaha

AngeloV
07-09-2014, 02:29 PM
No just the majority.

Are you basing that on the results of the poll? You do know that majority means 50% + 1, correct? Based on the poll results I count 5 out of 34 that reside in Ontario being from Durham region (and if I bothered to vote, that would be 5 in 35, or a whopping 14.3%). In what universe is that a majority?

1argoholic
07-10-2014, 07:44 AM
I think a stadium in Brooklin Ontario would be great. The 407 is being extended and Baldwin Street Burgers is the best. No selfish reasons here. Easy for us to drive there and Baldwin St Burgers ROCKS!!! Two young chefs with a killer location and product.
I'm sure some land owners would want out with the 407 ruining life for them.

Neely2005
07-10-2014, 11:29 AM
After 40 votes in our unscientific poll:

905 has 19 combined votes.

416 has 8 combined votes.

York Region has the most votes, followed by Durham Region in second and Old Toronto is in 4th.

47.5% of voters are from the 905.

20% of voters are from the 416.

Will
07-10-2014, 02:17 PM
So if Durham and York are the best represented I'll ask when we break ground on the stadium near the zoo?

AngeloV
07-10-2014, 04:43 PM
So if Durham and York are the best represented I'll ask when we break ground on the stadium near the zoo?

Actually, with the amalgamation, Toronto (416) is the best represented, currently leading the poll with 8. Even when they were boroughs, they were always considered Toronto anyway.

Will
07-11-2014, 09:37 AM
Actually, with the amalgamation, Toronto (416) is the best represented, currently leading the poll with 8. Even when they were boroughs, they were always considered Toronto anyway.

The zoo is in Toronto :p

Neely2005
07-14-2014, 02:22 PM
The zoo is in Toronto :p

I think that you quoted the wrong post. :-)

The Toronto Zoo is in Toronto, but the Toronto (Pearson) Airport isn't.

Neely2005
11-25-2014, 12:31 PM

York Region currently has 8 Votes as well.

AngeloV
11-25-2014, 03:32 PM
York Region currently has 8 Votes as well.

Honesltly, at this point, who really cares now? This thread had been dead for 4+ months.

Neely2005
03-02-2017, 11:40 AM
Bumping for my friend Paul.
:-)

ArgoGabe22
03-02-2017, 02:34 PM
Bumping for my friend Paul.
:-)

7000 season tickets sold last season and only 53 votes.....

Neely2005
03-02-2017, 03:00 PM
7000 season tickets sold last season and only 53 votes.....

Do all those 7000 live at separate addresses? Because we had 4 season tickets at the same address last season.

ArgoGabe22
03-02-2017, 03:08 PM
Do all those 7000 live at separate addresses? Because we had 4 season tickets at the same address last season.

Are you seriously trying to justify your position that the Argos shouldn't hold events downtown because 35 voters live outside the 416. BTW 9 votes live outside of Ontario and would never attend anyways. You know you're not the only one that has to put up with traffic to get to Argos events. Some just put up with it, bit the bullet and do whatever what it takes to get there. You just don't hear about it.

Beaumaris
03-02-2017, 04:02 PM
New poster here,I'm from Deadmonton,but been a Argo fan since 1980's.

Neely2005
03-02-2017, 05:37 PM
Are you seriously trying to justify your position that the Argos shouldn't hold events downtown because 35 voters live outside the 416. BTW 9 votes live outside of Ontario and would never attend anyways. You know you're not the only one that has to put up with traffic to get to Argos events. Some just put up with it, bit the bullet and do whatever what it takes to get there. You just don't hear about it.

Where did I say that? I rebutted what you said about the number of votes.

Well considering that we haven't missed an Argonauts home game in years I guess that we put up with it too and if I want to talk about traffic I will. Especially since I think that it's the main reason for the disparity between Argonauts attendance and TV ratings.

paulwoods13
03-02-2017, 07:48 PM
Well considering that we haven't missed an Argonauts home game in years I guess that we put up with it too and if I want to talk about traffic I will. Especially since I think that it's the main reason for the disparity between Argonauts attendance and TV ratings.

Traffic may (or may not) be the main reason for bad attendance. But even if the team had a stadium somewhere other than (the fringes of) downtown, it would still face traffic issues that would deter some from attending. Horrendous traffic is a fact of life in every corner of this market.

Neely2005
03-02-2017, 07:56 PM
Traffic may (or may not) be the main reason for bad attendance. But even if the team had a stadium somewhere other than (the fringes of) downtown, it would still face traffic issues that would deter some from attending. Horrendous traffic is a fact of life in every corner of this market.

Yes but the other Toronto teams have more fans and more fans living closer to the stadium so they can overcome the traffic issues easier.

Also with the Argonauts trying to build a Tailgate culture that requires driving to and parking close to the Stadium.

ArgoGabe22
03-02-2017, 08:17 PM
Yes but other teams have more fans and more fans living closer to the stadium so they can overcome the traffic issues easier.

The other team's fans don't live in area of 6.418 million+ people with unafforable (and rising) housing prices. For comparison, the Greater Vancouver area only houses 2.463 million people.

Neely2005
03-02-2017, 08:32 PM
The other team's fans don't live in area of 6.418 million+ people with unafforable (and rising) housing prices. For comparison, the Greater Vancouver area only houses 2.463 million people.

Sorry to clarify I meant other Toronto sports teams.

paulwoods13
03-02-2017, 09:30 PM
I dont know what data suggests that the other local teams have fans living closer to downtown. I haven't seen any. Why would only one team be catering to 905?

Neely2005
03-02-2017, 10:25 PM
I dont know what data suggests that the other local teams have fans living closer to downtown. I haven't seen any. Why would only one team be catering to 905?

Because the Argonauts demographic tends to skew older than other teams. I know plenty of Jays and TFC fans that live in condos downtown. Can't say the same thing about the Argonauts fans that I know, they all live in the suburbs.

R.J
03-02-2017, 11:05 PM
Halton Region for me. I'd never live in Toronto.

jerrym
03-03-2017, 12:11 AM
New poster here,I'm from Deadmonton,but been a Argo fan since 1980's.

Welcome on board at a time when the good ship Argo seems to be in the process of plugging its leaks.

Will
03-03-2017, 07:33 AM
Because the Argonauts demographic tends to skew older than other teams. I know plenty of Jays and TFC fans that live in condos downtown. Can't say the same thing about the Argonauts fans that I know, they all live in the suburbs.

I know of a few who live in Toronto proper. Not many, but a few.

paulwoods13
03-03-2017, 07:54 AM

GO trains and the QEW are packed with Jays fans. And lots of TFC fans live out here as well. It's all anecdotal, not statistical. Regardless, the fact is all of Toronto's teams have chosen to play their games in the downtown core. Everyone who wants to go has to get there, whatever way works for them. Being situated centrally provides the most options for getting there.

Neely2005
03-03-2017, 11:57 AM
GO trains and the QEW are packed with Jays fans. And lots of TFC fans live out here as well. It's all anecdotal, not statistical. Regardless, the fact is all of Toronto's teams have chosen to play their games in the downtown core. Everyone who wants to go has to get there, whatever way works for them. Being situated centrally provides the most options for getting there.

And on the flip side there is no statistical data to dispute my assertion either. Do you know many Argonauts fans that live in the 416?

If you look at a map of the GTA downtown Toronto is not the geographic center of the GTA, not even close. Thornhill or Richmond Hill is.

ArgoGabe22
03-03-2017, 01:12 PM
And on the flip side there is no statistical data to dispute my assertion either. Do you know many Argonauts fans that live in the 416?

If you look at a map of the GTA downtown Toronto is not the geographic center of the GTA, not even close. Thornhill or Richmond Hill is.

They're not the central hub though. But hey, I know a Greek who likes the Argos and I have not yet met a Greek that dislikes the Argos. That must mean all Greeks love the Argos.

AngeloV
03-03-2017, 01:28 PM
They're not the central hub though. But hey, I know a Greek who likes the Argos and I have not yet met a Greek that dislikes the Argos. That must mean all Greeks love the Argos.

Am I your point of reference here, Gabe?

;)

ArgoGabe22
03-03-2017, 01:38 PM
Am I your point of reference here, Gabe?

;)

So that makes 2! I read somewhere Collaros loved the Argos so much he'd come back one day. I will assume that Pete Giftopoulos hates the Argos.

paulwoods13
03-03-2017, 04:03 PM

I repeat: Regardless, the fact is all of Toronto's teams have chosen to play their games in the downtown core. Everyone who wants to go has to get there, whatever way works for them. Being situated centrally provides the most options for getting there.

Neely2005
03-03-2017, 06:08 PM
I repeat: Regardless, the fact is all of Toronto's teams have chosen to play their games in the downtown core. Everyone who wants to go has to get there, whatever way works for them. Being situated centrally provides the most options for getting there.

And I'll repeat, look at a map. Downtown Toronto is not the center of the GTA.

AngeloV
03-03-2017, 06:48 PM
Well maybe they can do all their events at Thornlea Secondary School. That way I can walk there and to hell with everyone else.

This conversation has gotten so out of hand it isn't even funny.

1971GreyCup
03-03-2017, 07:09 PM
Pedantically, the Cineplex Cinema parking lot appears to be the centre of the GTA. Given that David Braley is the largest landowner in Vaughn he'd probably figure a way to make more money from the Argos on this venue too.

argonaut11xx
03-03-2017, 08:29 PM
The INCREDIBLY intelligent gentleman who started this poll has apparently moved from Ajax ON to the looney left coast (Van)...hehe

Miss all the tens of thousands...ur um well maybe tens of Argofans that I left behind in 2012.

Its sad but I see as much Argo gear out here as I did when I lived in the GTA from 1965 to 2012

paulwoods13
03-04-2017, 07:10 AM

What does it matter? It's where every team in the market has chosen to play. That's probably because, geographic or not, it is the financial centre of the city.

ToneDeaf
03-04-2017, 10:55 AM

I have to say - and I apologize if my first post seems a little antagonistic - that a geographical centre is by no means a logical way to decide upon a central meeting place.

By example I can offer the fact that if it was, then all general CFL meetings should take place in the geographical centre of Canada; Lake Baker, Nunavut.

Will
03-04-2017, 10:57 AM
I have to say - and I apologize if my first post seems a little antagonistic - that a geographical centre is by no means a logical way to decide upon a central meeting place.

By example I can offer the fact that if it was, then all general CFL meetings should take place in the geographical centre of Canada; Lake Baker, Nunavut.

Welcome!

Neely2005
03-04-2017, 05:23 PM
What does it matter? It's where every team in the market has chosen to play. That's probably because, geographic or not, it is the financial centre of the city.

Just correcting your mistake.

Neely2005
03-04-2017, 05:28 PM

No worries it's just a friendly conversation. This discussion started from the other Thread about the Forum members organizing their own Town Hall meeting (before the Argonauts said that they are going to organize their own team Town Hall) I referenced this Thread to show where the Forum members live.

paulwoods13
03-04-2017, 09:46 PM
Just correcting your mistake.

Thanks for that.

NJARGOSFAN
03-04-2017, 10:11 PM
I am from NJ and try t ma 6-8 games per year!

argos1873
03-04-2017, 11:16 PM
I am from NJ and try t ma 6-8 games per year!

Awesome, are you originally from NJ, or a transplant from Toronto? If you are originally from NJ what got you hooked on the Argos?

Argo57
03-05-2017, 06:22 AM

Doesn't need to be.
It is a central location to the vast majority of fans (many who live outside of the GTA).

argonaut11xx
03-05-2017, 08:39 PM
Well maybe they can do all their events at Thornlea Secondary School. That way I can walk there and to hell with everyone else.

Whats the capacity? Could the Argo's finally get a sell-out?

Argo57
03-06-2017, 08:08 AM

Bet you would still drive Angelo.

AngeloV
03-06-2017, 09:46 AM
Bet you would still drive Angelo.

LOL...I'd at least have to consider it.

Will
03-06-2017, 10:47 AM

I think it is unfair that you want me to travel to Thornhill-Markham for every event. It should be on the good side of Thornhill, the side west of Yonge! :D

AngeloV
03-06-2017, 12:49 PM
I think it is unfair that you want me to travel to Thornhill-Markham for every event. It should be on the good side of Thornhill, the side west of Yonge! :D

Centre st deli?

Argo57
03-06-2017, 03:32 PM
Centre st deli?

Some of the best Montreal Smoke Meat around!

Harpastum
03-09-2017, 08:29 PM
I for one think it is great to have the Argos back playing in a stadium on the CNE grounds!
Just like the CFL football Gods intended.

Will
03-10-2017, 07:44 AM
Some of the best Montreal Smoke Meat around!

The best you'll find in Toronto for sure.

ArgoGabe22
03-11-2017, 06:13 PM
Who says Argo fans don't live in Toronto?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Argo fans within the GTA - where do you reside?</p>&mdash; DoubleBlueBlog (@DoubleBlueBlog) <a href="https://twitter.com/DoubleBlueBlog/status/837732571249324034">March 3, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Argo fans outside of the GTA but regularly attend games - where do you reside?</p>&mdash; DoubleBlueBlog (@DoubleBlueBlog) <a href="https://twitter.com/DoubleBlueBlog/status/837738215096389632">March 3, 2017</a></blockquote>

Will
03-12-2017, 12:08 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Do you live in Toronto?</p>&mdash; Argofans.com (@Argofans) <a href="https://twitter.com/Argofans/status/837740016214376452">March 3, 2017</a></blockquote>

My poll is better than your poll.

Neely2005
03-12-2017, 01:03 PM
Who says Argo fans don't live in Toronto?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Argo fans within the GTA - where do you reside?</p>&mdash; DoubleBlueBlog (@DoubleBlueBlog) <a href="https://twitter.com/DoubleBlueBlog/status/837732571249324034">March 3, 2017</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Argo fans outside of the GTA but regularly attend games - where do you reside?</p>&mdash; DoubleBlueBlog (@DoubleBlueBlog) <a href="https://twitter.com/DoubleBlueBlog/status/837738215096389632">March 3, 2017</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Do you live in Toronto?</p>&mdash; Argofans.com (@Argofans) <a href="https://twitter.com/Argofans/status/837740016214376452">March 3, 2017</a></blockquote>

My poll is better than your poll.

We didn't vote in any of those Polls since they're closed so add 4 more votes to Not living in 416 Toronto.
:p

7dj83r8f78t4alf8