PDA

View Full Version : Argos trade for Dwight Anderson

ArgoGabe22
07-07-2014, 10:03 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>BREAKING: <a href="https://twitter.com/sskroughriders">@sskroughriders</a> trade Dwight Anderson to <a href="https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos">@TorontoArgos</a>. Details to come. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CFL?src=hash">#CFL</a></p>&mdash; CFL Official Feed (@CFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/CFL/statuses/486147864364847104">July 7, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good football player, I just hope he doesn't get caught up in the streets of Toronto. Why did the Riders give him up for so little?

http://argonauts.ca/article/argos-acquire-all-star-cb-dwight-anderson-in-trade-with-roughriders?utm_source=social&utm_medium=hootsuite&utm_campaign=twitter

Will
07-07-2014, 10:05 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

All I have to say.

paulwoods13
07-07-2014, 10:10 AM
Being reported on riderfans that he's been traded to Toronto for a conditional 2015 draft pick. Also saw reports he got into it with John Chick and others on the sidelines on Saturday. Anderson is a great talent but has historically been both a dirty player and a mouthy player. Not sure I like this (altho I haven't loved any of our cornerbacks so far this season).

gilthethrill
07-07-2014, 10:13 AM
Interesting & unexpected. I thought Agnew played well on the corner Saturday in place of Ware, but I do not have the benefit of watching the film. Look for roster deletions on the defensive side after this transaction.

Is Anderson still an All-Star calibre player?

Will
07-07-2014, 10:15 AM
This would be a project for Pinball.

Wobbler
07-07-2014, 11:17 AM
Is Anderson still an All-Star calibre player?
FWIW, he's ranked #28 on TSN's recent top 50 list.

Fumblitis
07-07-2014, 11:32 AM
You guys can have him. If you noticed in the second quarter in Saturday's game, he did his best to play hockey. He tried body checking Chiles and another one of your receivers. A seven year old could have tackled better. Good luck with him.

Mulder
07-07-2014, 11:52 AM
You guys can have him. If you noticed in the second quarter in Saturday's game, he did his best to play hockey. He tried body checking Chiles and another one of your receivers. A seven year old could have tackled better. Good luck with him.

Funny, when Saskatchewan signed him I remember everybody over on Riderfans going gaga. Now, when a player is cast aside you guys criticize them.

Wobbler
07-07-2014, 11:58 AM
To be fair, there was a lot of Rider fan criticism of Anderson's performance on Saturday even before the trade.

argotom
07-07-2014, 12:11 PM
I don't think we need another reclamation project.

Will
07-07-2014, 12:30 PM
For the record, I have no problem with Dwight Anderson the player. I am just wary of the off-field shenanigans that we've come to know over the years. Given that the Argos secondary is inexperienced it is a risk that I may have to stomach for the time being.

T-Bone
07-07-2014, 12:34 PM
I remember last year there was some concern when Khalif Mitchell was traded to us and he worked out just fine. I'm still a little disappointed he headed back to BC. Anyway I'm willing to wait and see how Anderson fits in here.

argonaut11xx
07-07-2014, 12:38 PM
There's alot being said about him on the riders fan forum, the jist of it being....

His birthday was july5th, he may have partied abit too much and was hungover sunday, also he had an altercation on the sidelines with John Chick during the game,

sounds like the riders had just had enough of his act

Will
07-07-2014, 12:41 PM
I remember last year there was some concern when Khalif Mitchell was traded to us and he worked out just fine. I'm still a little disappointed he headed back to BC. Anyway I'm willing to wait and see how Anderson fits in here.

That's a good point.

There's alot being said about him on the riders fan forum, the jist of it being....

His birthday was july5th, he may have partied abit too much and was hungover sunday, also he had an altercation on the sidelines with John Chick during the game,

sounds like the riders had just had enough of his act

I think that there was an altercation on the sidelines is pretty well established, however I believe the partying bit is conjecture at this time.

Wobbler
07-07-2014, 12:44 PM
I'm thrilled. We just stole one of the best HBs in the league from a team we're going to face again in two weeks, and addressed our main personnel weakness!

Argo57
07-07-2014, 12:48 PM

Thank you, we'll take him!!

ArgoRavi
07-07-2014, 12:49 PM
Anderson was annoying me the other day but I was thinking during Saturday's game that he is one of those players who you hate when he is on the opposition but love on your own team. His shelf-life with any team seems to be about three years so it was time for him to move on from Saskatchewan.

Will
07-07-2014, 12:54 PM
Anderson was annoying me the other day but I was thinking during Saturday's game that he is one of those players who you hate when he is on the opposition but love on your own team. His shelf-life with any team seems to be about three years so it was time for him to move on from Saskatchewan.

The Arland Bruce of the defensive side of the ball.

Argo57
07-07-2014, 12:56 PM

Change of scenery should be good for him Ravi, also didn't give up a ton to get him.

gilthethrill
07-07-2014, 12:57 PM
About this altercation that took place during the game on the Riders bench...should a sideline reporter not bring this up during the game, or is it possible it went unnoticed? Today is the first I have heard of it.

ArgoRavi
07-07-2014, 01:00 PM
About this altercation that took place during the game on the Riders bench...should a sideline reporter not bring this up during the game, or is it possible it went unnoticed? Today is the first I have heard of it.

A sideline reporter should bring this up but Scianitti was probably on the Argo sideline when it happened. Speaking of sideline reporters, I thought Katherine Dolan was very good in Edmonton the other night. She did what I thought a good sideline reporter should do in giving us various injury updates, etc. I hadn't seen her in a while and had totally forgotten about her until Friday night.

Will
07-07-2014, 01:02 PM
I believe it was talked about in the aftermath of the game on riderfans.com, however I think it may have started based on the observations of a Rider fan who was there on Saturday.

Will
07-07-2014, 01:05 PM
Scott Milanovich has media availability at 1:10 so theoretically we'll hear something about this deal from our end a few hours later.

ArgoRavi
07-07-2014, 01:23 PM
I love on riderfans.com how it was suggested by a couple of posters that their poor performance was due to partying too much the night before which has now become a rumour and likely will soon become a "fact" with Anderson being the fall guy.

paulwoods13
07-07-2014, 02:02 PM
A sideline reporter should bring this up but Scianitti was probably on the Argo sideline when it happened.

That's correct. In the good old days (1980s) there was sometimes a reporter on each sideline, but given how little the sideline reps are used there is no justification for such an expense nowadays.

Will
07-07-2014, 02:15 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Scott Milanovich on newly acquired Dwight Anderson&#39;s past troubles&quot;he is misunderstood-teammates enjoy him. He will bring swagger to &quot;D&quot;</p>&mdash; Sheri Forde (@SheriTSN) <a href="https://twitter.com/SheriTSN/statuses/486211523442774016">July 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

1argoholic
07-07-2014, 02:55 PM
I was joking during the game that the Riders must have hit the big city a wee bit to hard on Friday night after getting out of tiny Regina. I also commented on how Anderson is a total dick. I stand by that. The guy's like Beiber, he has to be the centre of attention and acts like a total knob. Didn't mind him early on with Calgary but every year since he acts like dumber and dumber. Won't be long before he's busted downtown.

Argo
07-07-2014, 03:04 PM
Quite a nice - and conditional - trade, to say the least (assuming that Anderson behaves himself, and that is entirely up to him).

Argos4Life
07-07-2014, 03:45 PM
I like this move. He is a proven talent on the field. Got to give him a chance.

Fumblitis
07-07-2014, 04:13 PM
Thank you, we'll take him!!

We got a conditional draft pick. I'm assuming the condition is that he contributes and behaves. Hopefully he watches his Ps and Qs. Our draft pick....please!

Fumblitis
07-07-2014, 04:14 PM
Bravo! It was his birthday so he likely wound up at partying the night before.

AngeloV
07-07-2014, 05:00 PM
Well I guess I'm going to have to cheer for him now, but I've never been a fan of his. He's now worn out his welcome on 2 teams.

doubleblue
07-07-2014, 05:11 PM
So after Jim Barker bringing in all these "talented DB's" in the off season, now we have to bring in a discard to shore up the defense. Anderson wore out his welcome in Calgary, Montreal and Saskatchewan including after hours troubles and he's not getting any younger. Hope this isn't a high draft pick. Import DB's are a dime a dozen IMO. Hope he can still walk the walk, we know he can talk the talk.

ArgoRavi
07-07-2014, 05:42 PM
So after Jim Barker bringing in all these "talented DB's" in the off season, now we have to bring in a discard to shore up the defense.

I find this to be a very interesting comment. I know that some on here wanted to see the Argos bring in Korey Banks after his release and Barker doesn't often make a move to bring in a veteran from another team. I won't be too hard on Barker given the number of new recruits he needed this off-season.

ArgoGabe22
07-07-2014, 05:57 PM
Well I'm surprised to see Barker go after a CFL vet. He could have just brought in another rookie formerly of an NFL team. Anderson is a CFL winner so here's hoping he'll help out the new guys.

argolio
07-07-2014, 06:41 PM
On a scale from 1 to 10, my enthusiasm for this move is a -3. Hope we didn't give up anything more than a late round pick.

Argo57
07-07-2014, 07:27 PM
We got a conditional draft pick. I'm assuming the condition is that he contributes and behaves. Hopefully he watches his Ps and Qs. Our draft pick....please!

Sure, if he contributes and behaves fair trade, take the pick.
If he doesn't behave he gets cut. So be it.

ArgoZ
07-07-2014, 07:35 PM
This should work out short term. It's like the rebound relationship. He will come here on his best behavior and can do no wrong, for now. It will be great to see some revenge tried on the Riders.

AngeloV
07-07-2014, 08:11 PM
I wonder how much Tim Burke had to do with this signing. Anderson played for Burke in Montreal, and maybe the Argos figure for that reason it's worth the gamble.

OV Argo
07-07-2014, 09:54 PM
Over-rated, hot-head, mouth-piece, hot-dog; better not end up being a top draft pick; 6th rounder maybe.

Argo57
07-07-2014, 10:04 PM
Over-rated, hot-head, mouth-piece, hot-dog; better not end up being a top draft pick; 6th rounder maybe.

OV, does that mean you don't like this trade???

ArgoRavi
07-07-2014, 10:23 PM
I wonder how much Tim Burke had to do with this signing. Anderson played for Burke in Montreal, and maybe the Argos figure for that reason it's worth the gamble.

Burke was Montreal's defensive coordinator from 2008 to 2010 and Anderson did not arrive in Montreal until 2011. Burke was also an assistant in Calgary until the end of the '07 season but Anderson did not arrive in Calgary until '08 so they have just missed each other until now.

larz-7
07-07-2014, 10:41 PM
Burke was Montreal's defensive coordinator from 2008 to 2010 and Anderson did not arrive in Montreal until 2011. Burke was also an assistant in Calgary until the end of the '07 season but Anderson did not arrive in Calgary until '08 so they have just missed each other until now.

Ravi if ever there is a job opening that pays well as an argo historian it would have to be yours

ArgoRavi
07-07-2014, 10:47 PM
Ravi if ever there is a job opening that pays well as an argo historian it would have to be yours

I had to get some help from Wikipedia on that one, larz! BTW, Milanovich discusses Anderson, the injury situation and other matters with AngeloV's favourite, Frank Zicarelli here: http://www.argonauts.ca/video/index/id/98465

ArgoGabe22
07-07-2014, 11:17 PM
I had to get some help from Wikipedia on that one, larz! BTW, Milanovich discusses Anderson, the injury situation and other matters with AngeloV's favourite, Frank Zicarelli here: http://www.argonauts.ca/video/index/id/98465

Is it or me does Frank sound more like an Argos junior reporter with the way he asks his questions and responds. Kudos to Milanovich for being a good sport by answering the questions that comes his way with honesty. Class act.

I would love to see Zicarelli interview Kent Austin or John Hufnagel.

Not sure if we should put too much stock on this but was Frank the only one there for post game media availability. Also on the day we trade for DA, you would hope that others would be there as well.

Rich
07-08-2014, 02:03 AM
Not sure if we should put too much stock on this but was Frank the only one there for post game media availability. Also on the day we trade for DA, you would hope that others would be there as well.

The trade was the #1 story on CFTO News Sports report with Joe Tilley at 6:45.

jerrym
07-08-2014, 02:22 AM
For the record, I have no problem with Dwight Anderson the player. I am just wary of the off-field shenanigans that we've come to know over the years. Given that the Argos secondary is inexperienced it is a risk that I may have to stomach for the time being.

Getting his experience could be a big help to such an inexperienced Argo defensive backfield. However, even if things go well on and off the field, I suspect that at 33 he will have a one or at most two season sojourn with the Argos.

AngeloV
07-08-2014, 02:24 AM

Thanks fpr the research Ravi...makes the transaction more of a head scratcher.

Couldn't agree more. Don't need someone that has no control over his emotions.

1argoholic
07-08-2014, 07:56 AM
I'm sure Barker, Burke and Milanovich all have a history with Andernut so if they feel he can fit in then here's hoping. They've worked with loose cannons before in Belli, Mitchell and they brought in Emry. All had issues at one time or more but seemed to work out. We also brought in the dirtiest player in the league from BC who's name eludes me right now. Oh I got it, Murphy. So hope this works out.

Wobbler
07-09-2014, 01:10 AM
I liked the interview Anderson gave today (http://argonauts.ca/video/index/id/98511). He has some attitude, but he's quite personable. I seem to be the biggest fan of this trade on the board, so my objectivity might be questioned, but I see a guy who will fit in nicely and substantially improve our secondary. His "edge" also makes him marketable in a way that our other high profile players are not, and I think we all realize that the Argos need to be as appealing as possible.

1argoholic
07-09-2014, 11:20 AM
If that interview translates to play on the field I'll be happy. If he can just play and stop the stupid crap I'll be happy. He has to learn how to pick his spots and stop yapping the whole friggin game.

ColdCrusty78
07-09-2014, 02:34 PM
Let's write him a clean slate with the Argos until he proves otherwise. He is a talented individual that is now apart of our team... we should be better with his addition.

ArgoRavi
07-09-2014, 03:53 PM
If that interview translates to play on the field I'll be happy. If he can just play and stop the stupid crap I'll be happy. He has to learn how to pick his spots and stop yapping the whole friggin game.

I have read in the past that the Dwight Anderson on the field is very different than the one that is interviewed in the media. I supect that if Anderson was forced to stop his trash-talking that he would be less effective on the field.

Ron
07-09-2014, 11:41 PM
Really torn about this. I suppose the best outcome would be for him to leap up and ice the Grey Cup win with a pass deflection ... and then break his neck when he lands.

1argoholic
07-10-2014, 07:39 AM
WOOW! I thought that I could be harsh. That's seriously Harsh. I hope he plays hard and helps us win with few stupid penalties. He must realize that his days are numbered if he doesn't stop the crap. It's not like the CFL has 30 teams and he's wore out his welcome with three already. Pretty sure no one else would give him a shot if he continues to be a pain.

Gill The Thrill
07-11-2014, 10:21 PM
That's correct. In the good old days (1980s) there was sometimes a reporter on each sideline, but given how little the sideline reps are used there is no justification for such an expense nowadays.

I thought Bill Stevenson and Al McCann from the CFL on CTV days were the most memorable by far in this category...I just think sportscasting was more polished in those days...better highlight packages and post game productions because TV was the only way fans could see highlights. Today fans can go to TSN.CA and watch an entire game if they want, something unimaginable in the past before the internet.

Gill The Thrill
07-11-2014, 10:28 PM
Well I'm surprised to see Barker go after a CFL vet. He could have just brought in another rookie formerly of an NFL team. Anderson is a CFL winner so here's hoping he'll help out the new guys.I guess Wayne Shaw wasn't available.:D

Argocister
07-13-2014, 01:39 AM
So one game under his belt .... Although with minimum practice with the team ..... But what is your opinion of how DA played?

paulwoods13
07-13-2014, 09:27 AM
He contributed nothing positive, but he was not alone in that regard. He took an interference penalty. He fell down at one point. The whole secondary (especially the three interior spots) had a bard night.

AngeloV
07-13-2014, 09:30 AM
He contributed nothing positive, but he was not alone in that regard. He took an interference penalty. He fell down at one point. The whole secondary (especially the three interior spots) had a bard night.

I really can't blame the secondary last night. With the amount of time Mitchell had to throw, any secondary would have had a bad night. The Argos D-line was just manhandled all night. They need to address that for sure.

Wobbler
07-13-2014, 10:15 AM
I at least liked the energy with which Anderson tackled Sinopoli on Calgary's frustrating drive to open the second half. At the time I hoped that it might inspire our D to make a big play...

argolio
07-13-2014, 10:23 PM
He ruined our team chemistry in less than a week! :p

1argoholic
07-14-2014, 07:31 AM
He played crap.

AngeloV
08-24-2014, 07:46 PM
Listening to the post game on the radio yesterday, it was mentioned that Anderson was in a yelling match with members of the coaching staff. This is a bad sign, and I say time to let him go. I would much rather see Agnew or Molden in his spot once Robinson is back at his SAM spot. Anderson is an idiot, and that is the reason why such a talented player is on his 4th team.

paulwoods13
08-24-2014, 07:52 PM
Listening to the post game on the radio yesterday, it was mentioned that Anderson was in a yelling match with members of the coaching staff. This is a bad sign, and I say time to let him go. I would much rather see Agnew or Molden in his spot once Robinson is back at his SAM spot. Anderson is an idiot, and that is the reason why such a talented player is on his 4th team.

If that is true, I agree -- he's gone, and deservedly so. Milanovich alluded to possible changes in his post-game comments, and sounded pissed.

Wobbler
08-24-2014, 08:11 PM
As I've mentioned before, I like what Anderson brings to the team. He hasn't been as statistically successful as I had hoped, but I think his competitiveness and personality have helped. I don't mind at all if he annoys and distracts opposing players.

We do need him to stay positive with our own guys, though. I don't put much faith in the objectivity of tweets from Edmonton fans and remain hopeful that he can fit in. We'll see.

ArgoRavi
08-24-2014, 08:31 PM
Anderson getting into a yelling match with his coaching staff is par for the course for him. I do think that he has added some energy to that defence and has limited his foolish penalties. With a player like him, coaches have to ask whether the good that he brings is worth putting up with the bad that he also brings. He is certainly one of the most emotional players in the league.

Argo57
08-24-2014, 09:02 PM
Milanovich looked truly pissed with Anderson on the sidelines yesterday, my bet is he will be gone by weeks end at the latest.

ArgoGabe22
08-24-2014, 09:12 PM
What is Evan McCollough up to these days? He is someone I really liked when he was an Argo and think he will be an upgrade over the newer guys.

AngeloV
08-24-2014, 09:16 PM
What is Evan McCollough up to these days? He is someone I really liked when he was an Argo and think he will be an upgrade over the newer guys.

I don't know if he would be. I really have liked everything I have seen of Agnew, and I think Robinson has been so underrated at LB, which is why I would put him back in as starter when healthy, allowing for a possible move of Molden to that spot if not Agnew.

McCollough had a horrible season in Hamilton last year.

ArgoRavi
08-24-2014, 10:09 PM
I agree with AV in that if they do release Anderson, they have players internally who can be good replacements. I thought that Milanovich's words post-game yesterday were interesting and did not know what to make of them. I did not foresee any changes on defence so I thought that he was talking about the return game (the return of Guy) and the receiving corps (the return of some of the injured players). However, he could have been talking about Anderson if there were indeed issues yesterday on the sideline with him.

Nob
08-24-2014, 10:16 PM
Vets have to be gone by Labour Day, or else their contracts are guaranteed. So if there's a decision to be made on DA then it will have to be soon.

I'm not a Robinson fan. He's always near the play, but not a strong tackler. Molden took a brutal angle on the one td yesterday.

The Argos have so many LB's dressed they should have somebody in house to play OLB. One of the others can slide to DB. Also would like to see Tonye Tonye on the roster. And a punt returner. And an OL that can block. And a game-changing receiver that's healthy. And.......

Wobbler
08-24-2014, 10:20 PM
Could someone please provide a link to SM's post-game commentary? I still haven't seen it.

ArgoRavi
08-24-2014, 11:53 PM
Could someone please provide a link to SM's post-game commentary? I still haven't seen it.

Here are Milanovich's post-game comments from the Toronto Star: http://www.thestar.com/sports/argos/2014/08/23/argonauts_turn_in_execrable_effort_against_eskimos .html

And more from the Toronto Sun: http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/23/argos-sunk-by-wretched-first-half

Wobbler
08-25-2014, 12:06 AM
Thanks Ravi. Those reports indicate that Milanovich was unhappy with our performance in week 9, which is understandable.

ArgoRavi
08-25-2014, 12:52 AM
Thanks Ravi. Those reports indicate that Milanovich was unhappy with our performance in week 9, which is understandable.

Other than the Ottawa game, this Edmonton game is what I would consider to be our most disappointing performance. Perhaps Milanovich feels similarly as he has been most upset after both of those losses.

paulwoods13
08-25-2014, 08:32 AM
If Anderson does get cut, prepare for him to make a lot of noise on the way out of town about how the team is not "committed to winning," etc. Such an outburst might be a distraction for a day or two, but would probably be beneficial in bringing the team together.

Mulder
08-25-2014, 09:10 AM
If Anderson does get cut, prepare for him to make a lot of noise on the way out of town about how the team is not "committed to winning," etc. Such an outburst might be a distraction for a day or two, but would probably be beneficial in bringing the team together.

No point in cutting Anderson. As a vet of 6+ years his contract is guaranteed after 9 games.

paulwoods13
08-25-2014, 10:58 AM
No point in cutting Anderson. As a vet of 6+ years his contract is guaranteed after 9 games.

I'm not sure that the rule is that cut and dried, but even if it is, the decision should not be based only on money. If the guy is disrupting things on the field or in the room, paying his salary is a price worth paying to get rid of him.

Argo57
08-25-2014, 11:18 AM

If he gets cut and starts yapping it will verify why the Argonauts got rid of him, I felt the same way last year when Isaac left and started chirping. Teams will put up with his act if he backs it up on the field but Anderson isn't close to being that player anymore!

Mulder
08-25-2014, 11:48 AM
I'm not sure that the rule is that cut and dried, but even if it is, the decision should not be based only on money. If the guy is disrupting things on the field or in the room, paying his salary is a price worth paying to get rid of him.

It is that 'cut and dried' it's in the CBA Section 15.

If your going to pay him, you put him on the 6 game injured list at this point and tell him to go home, or tell him to look for a trade that could help the Argos.

paulwoods13
08-25-2014, 12:27 PM
It is that 'cut and dried' it's in the CBA Section 15.

If your going to pay him, you put him on the 6 game injured list at this point and tell him to go home, or tell him to look for a trade that could help the Argos.

Why? if he's a cancer (and I'm not saying he is, but it certainly seems possible, given his background and his on-field antics this season), you cut it out -- you don't put a patch on it. If he gets cut and goes somewhere else, so be it -- you're better off without him than with him lurking somewhere on the fringes of the roster. Also, if he's not injured and you put him on the six-game, he could presumably file a grievance -- another headache the team doesn't need.

Thanks for the CBA reference. I assume you're basing it on the 2010 CBA, which is the only version I've been able to find online. I think it's a fairly safe assumption that that article was not changed in the 2014 agreement, altho it's at least remotely possible that it was tweaked to reflect the fact that teams are getting to nine games at different dates this year (Argos and two others have played nine; Hamilton, rather bizarrely, has played just seven),

gilthethrill
08-25-2014, 01:03 PM
I wish I saw the confrontation with the coaches. Who would trade for Anderson after all headaches he seems to cause every where be goes?

Mulder
08-26-2014, 09:54 AM
Why? if he's a cancer (and I'm not saying he is, but it certainly seems possible, given his background and his on-field antics this season), you cut it out -- you don't put a patch on it. If he gets cut and goes somewhere else, so be it -- you're better off without him than with him lurking somewhere on the fringes of the roster. Also, if he's not injured and you put him on the six-game, he could presumably file a grievance -- another headache the team doesn't need.

Thanks for the CBA reference. I assume you're basing it on the 2010 CBA, which is the only version I've been able to find online. I think it's a fairly safe assumption that that article was not changed in the 2014 agreement, altho it's at least remotely possible that it was tweaked to reflect the fact that teams are getting to nine games at different dates this year (Argos and two others have played nine; Hamilton, rather bizarrely, has played just seven),

I think the CBA States 'member club' The only reason I was saying not to release him was because he's salary would still count against the cap. But if rumours are true it appears the Argos don't care about that and may release him today.

AngeloV
08-26-2014, 11:43 AM
I think the CBA States 'member club' The only reason I was saying not to release him was because he's salary would still count against the cap. But if rumours are true it appears the Argos don't care about that and may release him today.

And with the little amount of money the team has been able to spend, I honestly don't see them near the top of the cap anyways.

gilthethrill
08-26-2014, 11:49 AM
Farhan Lalji has reported on twitter that the Argos are expect to announce the release of Dwight Anderson, Internatonal RB Jeremiah Johnson has been released by the club according to TSN.

AngeloV
08-26-2014, 01:27 PM
LOL..now that he has officially been cut, the Argos website has taken down an Argos Admirals interview that just went up a couple of days ago with Anderson.

ArgoRavi
08-26-2014, 02:11 PM
LOL..now that he has officially been cut, the Argos website has taken down an Argos Admirals interview that just went up a couple of days ago with Anderson.

LOL, it was an interview with a kid in Regina. I saw that on Facebook, I think, yesterday and thought that they might have to take it down fairly soon.

BTW, I am glad that Johnson was released. I found him to be a frustrating back to watch.

ArgoRedneck
08-26-2014, 02:16 PM
My fault, disregurd.

flafson
08-26-2014, 05:05 PM
I wonder why they released him, probably didn't like his influence on/off the field.

AngeloV
08-26-2014, 07:10 PM
I wonder why they released him, probably didn't like his influence on/off the field.

That pretty much sums it up. No denying that he has the talent to be a good player, but this is now the 5th team that he has worn out his welcome with.

Argo-Les
08-26-2014, 07:14 PM
so whts goin on ?
we are releasing guys
are we gonna get sumone good??????????????????????????
dressler?

argolio
08-26-2014, 10:55 PM
so whts goin on ?
we are releasing guys
dressler?I'd be shocked if we signed any high-ticket players for the rest of this season.

Mulder
08-27-2014, 07:34 AM
so whts goin on ?
we are releasing guys
dressler?

After piddling away 120,000+ in cap room?
$60,000 for bringing Ownes back 1 game early from the 6 game injured list. and whatever was left on Andersons Salary I doubt it.

paulwoods13
08-27-2014, 10:08 AM
After piddling away 120,000+ in cap room?
$60,000 for bringing Ownes back 1 game early from the 6 game injured list. and whatever was left on Andersons Salary I doubt it.

Salary cap room matters only if the team is willing to spend the "saved" money. I'm not optimistic that our owner is willing to do so.

ArgoRavi
08-30-2014, 02:50 PM

It looks like you got your wish, AG: <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hearing once Evan McCollough signs with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Argos?src=hash">#Argos</a> he&#39;ll go on practice roster <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CFL?src=hash">#CFL</a></p>&mdash; Matthew Scianitti (@TSNScianitti) <a href="https://twitter.com/TSNScianitti/statuses/505784712208855040">August 30, 2014</a></blockquote>

argonaut11xx
08-30-2014, 04:12 PM
It looks like you got your wish, AG: <iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" style="display: block; max-width: 99%; min-width: 220px; padding: 0px; border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px; margin: 10px 0px; border-color: rgb(238, 238, 238) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(187, 187, 187); border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.14902) 0px 1px 3px; position: static; visibility: visible; width: 500px;" title="Embedded Tweet" height="186"></iframe>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nice move by the Argo's...now hopefully he can regain his 2012 form.<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

7dj83r8f78t4alf8