PDA

View Full Version : Am i doing something wrong

dans41
07-13-2014, 12:22 AM
I am a professional photographer who enjoys taking shots of the cheerleaders and giving it to them
I was harassed 2x at the Calgary game from fans
I dont believe its anyone else's business how many photos I take
they are all clean shots
can i have some advice

AngeloV
07-13-2014, 12:28 AM
All depends. Is drool running down your face as you are taking these photos?

dans41
07-13-2014, 12:39 AM
no and im not bothering anyone

dmont
07-13-2014, 12:56 AM

Define "giving it to them" lol

But seriously, you were probably standing in the aisle or something and blocking someone's view of the game.

As long as the cheerleaders don't mind your presents, and you're not blocking anyones view of the game, I say snap away.

ArgoFan1
07-13-2014, 01:34 AM
I don't understand whay anyone would care what you are taking pictures of. As said
here already, if you were interfering in their view of the game, then maybe, but there were so many empty areas, you could have moved around. I used to take pictures of the cheerleaders many years ago and never had any problems.

LLB997
07-13-2014, 01:42 AM
I am a professional photographer who enjoys taking shots of the cheerleaders and giving it to them
I was harassed 2x at the Calgary game from fans
I dont believe its anyone else's business how many photos I take
they are all clean shots
can i have some advice

No offence buddy, but you sound like a creeper.

I probably would have harassed you too.

AngeloV
07-13-2014, 09:21 AM

How can anyone take offence to that? LOL!!

dans41
07-13-2014, 11:00 AM
i am sitting in my seat not bothering anyone, giving it to them means,,,, I give them copies as gifts

Gill The Thrill
07-13-2014, 12:32 PM

I probably would have harassed you too.

Then why are the cheerleaders there?...and why would you be sitting that close to them if you're that offended by someone taking pics? What's the difference b/w taking pics of their performance or the performance of the players during the game?

We live in such a hypocritical society...yes, I understand no objectifying women, yet they are all adults so they know what they are doing....If you find taking pictures of them performing so objectionable, then does it not say that you find there performance objectionable and not fit for public display...taking pics of their public display can't be a problem unless you think their display is....People takes pics at publicly displayed performances all the team....sports games, concerts, folk and dance festivals...etc.

ArgoRavi
07-13-2014, 01:59 PM
If he is spending more time during the game taking pictures of the cheerleaders rather than watching the game itself, then other people might perceive him somewhat negatively. I don't know whether dans41 is doing that or not though and, of course, even if he is that is his prerogative.

dans41
07-13-2014, 03:26 PM
its my business what i do
People dont have to be concerned what i do, unless i am interfering in their experience

1argoholic
07-14-2014, 07:38 AM
You are obviously coming across like a total perv to other fans. How do you give pics to the cheerleaders so fast are you using a polaroid camera. Now if you're using a polaroid then you are a perv. hahahaha. Where do you sit? Can I have some pics?

ColdCrusty78
07-14-2014, 11:43 AM
Perhaps your the same guy that bumped into my pregnant wife at the tailgate trying to take pictures of them?

AngeloV
07-14-2014, 12:51 PM
its my business what i do
People dont have to be concerned what i do, unless i am interfering in their experience

If it's your business and feel people need to mind their own business (or as you put it don't be concerned with what you do) why the hell would you have even brought it to the attention of the members here?

All joking aside, Glad this was moved out of the Double Blue room. Something just doesn't seem, right here. There definitely is a creepy element to this thing.

ColdCrusty78
07-14-2014, 03:33 PM
There definitely is a creepy element to this thing. Right? Yikes

herrington2828
07-14-2014, 04:20 PM
super creepy and judging by his past posts on this forum, it is definitely a part of his character. id chirp him too

T-Bone
07-14-2014, 04:32 PM
Is it fair to judge someone solely on posts they have made on a message board?

matchuk
07-14-2014, 04:38 PM
i am sitting in my seat not bothering anyone, giving it to them means,,,, I give them copies as gifts

And by what means would you like them to "pay you back" for the photos? That would be my first question. No matter how it's sliced, you sound like a pervert.

herrington2828
07-14-2014, 04:39 PM
no your right T-bone, but I think matchuk hits it bang on ... dans41 has had a tendency like our old friend ROCKET to just complain and start things

T-Bone
07-14-2014, 04:39 PM
And by what means would you like them to "pay you back" for the photos? That would be my first question. No matter how it's sliced, you sound like a pervert.
Where did he say he wanted anything in return?

no your right T-bone, but I think matchuk hits it bang on ... dans41 has had a tendency like our old friend ROCKET to just complain and start things
He is so far no where near the level of Rocket Man when it comes to complaining as far as I can see.

matchuk
07-14-2014, 04:41 PM
Where did he say he wanted anything in return?

He's asking for the argofans members opinions, was he not? If I see some dude in the stands taking an excessive amount of pictures of cheerleaders my first question would be "what do you expect in return for those pictures bud?"

He asked for opinions and that is mine.

T-Bone
07-14-2014, 04:55 PM
He asked for opinions and that is mine.
Fair enough.

argonaut11xx
07-14-2014, 06:40 PM
Take all the pictures you want....the Cheerleaders are there for public consumption. Enjoy them.

Your not being a creeper at all.

I think you should post some of your pictures......(or all of them)

AngeloV
07-15-2014, 10:40 AM
Is it fair to judge someone solely on posts they have made on a message board?

It is very fair to judge him, T-Bone. This poster has sent me some derogatory PM's back in June after I (and others) called him out as a complainer and a troll.

dans41
07-16-2014, 11:25 AM
you have no right to call me a perv for no reason

i do not want anything back, im not using a polaroid

look fans
its for my non sexual pleasure, i can certainly show any i took to anyone

matchuk
07-17-2014, 09:07 PM
you have no right to call me a perv for no reason

i do not want anything back, im not using a polaroid

look fans
its for my non sexual pleasure, i can certainly show any i took to anyone

if this is such a testy topic, then I fail to realize why you started a thread on here ASKING the membership for their OPINION of what you were doing?

argonaut11xx
07-17-2014, 11:47 PM
i can certainly show any i took to anyone

Dans41 you sound like a normal red-blooded Canadian kid to me, so post a few of the pic's that you have taken,....... here on the forum.

BTW, you sure dont need approval from anyone here to pursue your hobby in photography.

So...POST some of your work...(waiting)

dans41
08-01-2014, 02:17 PM
here you go argonaut483484485486o11XX

Ron
08-02-2014, 04:56 AM
Nothing wrong with taking pics. There was a guy on Lionsden that took game shot of BC cheerleaders and posted the pics on the forum each game. Very high quality shots with links that worked. (Pros know how to link btw)

It is very fair to judge him, T-Bone. This poster has sent me some derogatory PM's back in June after I (and others) called him out as a complainer and a troll.

He sent you derogatory PM's? Is he insane?!! ;)

dans41
08-02-2014, 11:20 AM
to everyone look at ralf v on facebook and his butt pics

7dj83r8f78t4alf8