PDA

View Full Version : Which departure makes you the most uncertain?

Will
02-18-2012, 04:28 PM
Lin-J-Shell for me primarily because I don't remember too much about the depth the Argos have at that position.

ArgoRavi
02-18-2012, 04:34 PM
Lin-J-Shell for me primarily because I don't remember too much about the depth the Argos have at that position.

Honestly, the guy I hated to see the team lose the most was Dominic Picard. They do seem to have some potential replacements for him but he is as good of a centre as there is in the league IMO.

AngeloV
02-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Picard and Parker as 1a and 1b.

R.J
02-18-2012, 05:12 PM
I'd have to say Parker, guy was the only ball hawk this team had and still has the talent to start in the CFL. Picard would be a close second as good centres are hard to find in football, and I don't think a lot of fans even realise how important they are to an offence. Shell leaving doesn't bother me at all, as I've always thought he was too slow for the CFL, yes his tackle numbers look great, but even BP pointed out he was the weak link, and IMO if your db is leading the team in tackles that means that teams are going after him.

1argoholic
02-18-2012, 10:41 PM
Can't look back now.

Argocister
02-18-2012, 10:52 PM
Picard is my choice, as he was playing at a very good level and still had a number of years to reach an even a higher level of play. He will be the hardest to replace. Barker obviously expected Picard to leave as he brought in Parenteau. I am not familiar with Parenteaus play but not sure he will gives us the same level of play and future as Picard did.
The defense will be totally revamped under Chris Jones, so I am comfortable with younger, perhap more enthusiastic players. Not sure if it holds for athletes, but sometimes when new programs are brought in they are accepted more readily by the younger individuals rather than the veterans. Mind you, I am sorry to see Parker and Eiben go ..... Good luck to both.

Nob
02-18-2012, 11:53 PM
Picard. Hate to see a quality non- import, that is in the prime of his career, go.

Sad to see Eiben go, but I got prepared for that with his injury last year. I'm sure that Prefontaine is even more disappointed to see him leave.

Also sad to see Crawford leave. I think his ST value will be dearly missed.

Yeah, it's a shame that Parker, Shell, and some others are gone, but lower cost, younger, import players are easier to find.

KCargosfan
02-19-2012, 01:37 AM
Picard, imo it was a mistake to let him go

7dj83r8f78t4alf8