PDA

View Full Version : Argos sign Maurice Mann to the PR

ArgoGabe22
07-16-2014, 11:37 AM
Welcome back.

http://argonauts.ca/article/argonauts-add-maurice-mann-to-practice-roster?utm_source=social&utm_medium=hootsuite&utm_campaign=twitter

Wobbler
07-16-2014, 01:02 PM
I was going to say that this was evidence we don't have much confidence in Fayson but with so few healthy guys available to catch balls, signing Mann seems wise regardless.

Argos4Life
07-16-2014, 01:17 PM
Not a bad move at all. With the injuries he could step in and help out.

Skinny G
07-16-2014, 02:28 PM
Should we have put more consideration in keeping Romby on the roster? Though, I don't think we expected all these injuries at one time...

Wobbler
07-16-2014, 02:51 PM
Speaking of adding receivers, we've also brought back Robert Gill, one of our late camp cuts.

ArgoRavi
07-16-2014, 03:03 PM
Should we have put more consideration in keeping Romby on the roster? Though, I don't think we expected all these injuries at one time...

I am sure that they would have liked to still have access to Romby but Winnipeg wasted no time picking him up. I recall at the time of his release that Barker felt that he would get picked up quickly. Bryant would not have hung around Toronto on the PR so the only other option was to IR him but he was on the IR most of last season and, I would think, wanted to play badly.

gilthethrill
07-17-2014, 10:01 AM
Speaking of adding receivers, we've also brought back Robert Gill, one of our late camp cuts.

I really expected Gill to return when healthy. He could fill the Owens Durie roll while they recover from injury. I think it was argofan87 who suggested Gill and Donald Washington were probably asked to stick around Toronto after being released.

Wobbler
07-17-2014, 10:48 AM
I really expected Gill to return when healthy.
IMHO this is an unplanned emergency move. Three of our five starting receivers are now out long-term, and I think we're desperate for some depth. I'd love to see Gill prove me wrong, though.

doubleblue
07-17-2014, 12:41 PM
The FA well is pretty dry this time of year until the NFL starts cutting down. Romey Bryant would have been a good replacement, maybe should have been kept around. I thought Maurice Mann was retired and had moved on in his life. Arland is still out there if he gets over his headaches.

ArgoGabe22
07-17-2014, 05:22 PM
Mann still lives here (since he helps out with the IDFL), knows the offence and isn't that old. Probably better to have him then bring in a rookie struggling to keep up.

ArgoRavi
07-17-2014, 11:29 PM
The FA well is pretty dry this time of year until the NFL starts cutting down. Romey Bryant would have been a good replacement, maybe should have been kept around. I thought Maurice Mann was retired and had moved on in his life. Arland is still out there if he gets over his headaches.

I think that Arland has pretty much filed his retirement papers with that lawsuit of his. I can't see a team bringing him in when he is suing them.

matchuk
07-18-2014, 11:10 PM
after tonights game, maybe mann is in the lineup sooner then we think

Argocister
07-19-2014, 12:01 AM
after tonights game, maybe mann is in the lineup sooner then we think

Yes please!

doubleblue
07-20-2014, 10:26 AM
I think that Arland has pretty much filed his retirement papers with that lawsuit of his. I can't see a team bringing him in when he is suing them.
But don't you think the real the reason Arland is suing the League is the way they dumped him. Just like a woman scorned. I don't think he would being suing anybody if a team had given him the chance to still play this season. He was stating his opinion, and because of his age and playing time probably getting near the end they jumped on him to make an example. Don't think a Ricky Ray or a Darius Durant would have been let go for saying the same thing.
Not saying Arland didn't have a concussion but I just don't see him being able to make a case when he wanted to keep playing afterwards. The case in question is against the BC Lions I believe.
Lots of people had/have concussions playing sports, I had a few. Goes with the territory.

AngeloV
07-20-2014, 10:37 AM
But don't you think the real the reason Arland is suing the League is the way they dumped him. Just like a woman scorned. I don't think he would being suing anybody if a team had given him the chance to still play this season. He was stating his opinion, and because of his age and playing time probably getting near the end they jumped on him to make an example. Don't think a Ricky Ray or a Darius Durant would have been let go for saying the same thing.
Not saying Arland didn't have a concussion but I just don't see him being able to make a case when he wanted to keep playing afterwards. The case in question is against the BC Lions I believe.
Lots of people had/have concussions playing sports, I had a few. Goes with the territory.

The difference being that Ricky Ray and Darian Durant haven't worn out their welcome with 4 previous teams already.

I don't think that Bruce's stupid comment is the only reason he is unemployed. It was more like the final nail in the coffin of his playing career. He was a great talent, but a bit of an a-hole. I'll never forget O'Shea getting into it with him on the sidelines of a playoff game in the big O. As bad a coach as Bart Andrus was here, that was one move I supported at the time, and will continue to support. It takes more than great talent to have a great team.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8