PDA

View Full Version : The receiving corps

Wobbler
07-19-2014, 03:21 AM
Obviously we're in a bit of a rough spot with so many long-term injuries at one position. I didn't expect our patchwork passing game to put up big numbers, but I did think even the new guys should be able to produce against Ottawa's very unremarkable pass defence. Well... not so much. The new guys had their moments and no one was terrible, but it wasn't an impressive performance. I'm also quite disappointed that neither Chiles nor Watt has taken this opportunity to "emerge" as a top receiver - both are having unremarkable seasons.

I think we'll get better as the season goes on, and this is a good opportunity to test our depth at receiver. We'll probably need some of these guys when it counts, so these reps from Sinkfield, Adams, and Coombs will provide useful data.

Argocister
07-19-2014, 07:51 AM
It would be interesting to review the film and count how many of the passes to our novice receiving core that were could've should've ..... Our receivers do need the practice in real game situations .
But , as the couch GM.... I'd like to ask the Stumps what they want for Sinopoli.:)

matchuk
07-19-2014, 09:03 AM
thread should be titled the receiving corpse, that's more what it looked like out there

argolio
07-19-2014, 02:20 PM
Unless others step up, not much can be done other than wait for the injured guys to get healthy. But since the East appears to suck (again), we could still squeeze out a few wins.

Argo
07-19-2014, 08:50 PM
Unless others step up, not much can be done other than wait for the injured guys to get healthy. But since the East appears to suck (again), we could still squeeze out a few wins.

There is talent in the second string receiving corps, and we should see progress with additional practice reps and game experience.

(Wasn't Milanovich sombre and deflated in his post-game Q&A.)

Unfortunately, the East is abysmal, except for the RedBlacks team that is ahead of the curve. Higgins Heroes is a complete gong show, Argos Suck, and the Ti-Cats disappoint once again (they really need another QB or two, and the QBs really need an O-Line).
There's nowhere to go but up for the Least Division denizens.

Wobbler
07-19-2014, 08:55 PM
(Wasn't Milanovich sombre and deflated in his post-game Q&A.)
I thought he seemed really angry, not deflated. Are we talking about the same video? (http://argonauts.ca/video/index/id/99175)

Argo
07-19-2014, 10:59 PM
I thought he seemed really angry, not deflated. Are we talking about the same video? (http://argonauts.ca/video/index/id/99175)

Yes, there does seem to be more anger cropping up than I noted on the first viewing.

ArgoRavi
07-20-2014, 12:52 AM
Yes, there does seem to be more anger cropping up than I noted on the first viewing.

My impression is that he is angry more than anything. Frank Zicarelli seems to be trying to calm him down with some of the questions that he is asking though.

Argocister
07-20-2014, 09:39 AM
My impression is that he is angry more than anything. ...........

So he should be, that game was definitely a winnable game. Having to speak to the media afterwards just compounds the situation. ...fans and players will know he's angry and that's a good thing... Especially having to go into Sask next week. The Roughriders and their fans will be all over the Argos wanting to revenge their beat down.... The receiving core better be on best behaviour. Hopefully they got all their should've,could've out of them this week.

Argo
07-20-2014, 10:06 AM
The receiving core better be on best behaviour. Hopefully they got all their should've,could've out of them this week.

Not to mention "would've".

Double Dare
07-20-2014, 04:07 PM
thread should be titled the receiving corpse, that's more what it looked like out there I was going to say "what receiving corps?", but yours is funnier.

1argoholic
07-21-2014, 07:41 AM
Our receivers should be switched to DB's because they bat the ball down really well.

Skinny G
07-21-2014, 08:35 AM
Just throwing out some names... but what's up with Johnny Forzani and Brain Bratton?

ArgoRavi
07-21-2014, 09:58 AM
Just throwing out some names... but what's up with Johnny Forzani and Brain Bratton?

Bratton retired after the 2012 season - he was a guest coach last year in training camp for the Argos - while Forzani is still rehabbing an injured ankle and will be out for the entire 2014 season.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8