PDA

View Full Version : Best Canadian Receiver not named Fantuz?

KCargosfan
02-19-2012, 02:15 PM
I think Durie has to be in the conversation. I'd take him over anybody Sask. has at the moment. Thoughts?

OV Argo
02-19-2012, 02:49 PM
He's not even close in terms of a polished down-field, pattern running / very good hands receiver compared to Bagg & Getzlaf with Sask, if that's who you want to use as an example - just IMO; but Durie has the moves, speed, open field running ability that puts him ahead of pretty well all other "Canadian receivers" around in the CFL - just IMO again - so it depends on how you define receiver i guess; Durie is still learning - i would think - to be a pure or traditional receiver (he lines up as a slotback) and a lot of his receptions are short dumps or swings - a lot of stuff in the flats; but he has also shown nice ability to get open downfield and also good hands. Let's see after this season and how he is used in the new Argo offence - he could emerge as one of the best receivers in the CFL.

gilthethrill
02-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Tony Gabriel...#77....

Nob
02-19-2012, 05:14 PM
I would take Gore and/or Getzlaf as my first picks if I was starting a franchise. Stala is pretty good. I also like the two Canadians that the Bombers have (I think that Poblah has the toolbox, let's see if he learns how to use the tools).

I think that Durie falls somewhere around the top 5 in terms of Can-con, not named Fantuz.

Watt?........ummmmm......yeah.......just keep moving........ I like Bradwell, but he has to show more. I think that the rookie from Laval will be a keeper, and I am curious as to what Kuome can do.

All in all I think that the Argos need to upgrade their Canadians. Losing Picard, Eiben, Robertson, Crawford and even Shaw, are all hard to replace. I know that we signed the 2 OL, but they still have to get more.

I will be curious as to how Barker is going to improve the non-imports.

1argoholic
02-19-2012, 05:27 PM
I think Forzani will be in the mix in a couple of years. He hasn't played a ton of football and still is a solid CFL receiver.

Seems to me that Barker doesn't seem to hold Canadian talent in a high regard. Could be that he just hasn't found what he's looking for. I hope we get a receiver with our first pick. I like Charbonneau-Campeau.

I'm with Gil at Tony was great. I'll always love Paul Pearson and Paul Masotti.

marcwagz
02-19-2012, 06:03 PM
stop hating on Watt, he has the skill to make it happen and he's half the age of some of the guys your listing

KCargosfan
02-19-2012, 10:13 PM
I also like Akeem Foster with BC. He was a steal where they got him in the draft.

Nob
02-19-2012, 10:21 PM
The problem that I have with Watt is that he is not starting material. Do I think that he can develop? Maybe, if he stops dropping the ball. Watt was a starter last year, and he shouldn't have been.

I do recall a Canadian receiver named Massotti that developed into an all star, and he too struggled as a young receiver. But he certainly didn't have the starting role handed to him like Watt did. There is plenty of time for Watt to develop If Watt has half the career that Massotti did then I will be thrilled.

AngeloV
02-19-2012, 11:10 PM
The problem that I have with Watt is that he is not starting material. Do I think that he can develop? Maybe, if he stops dropping the ball. Watt was a starter last year, and he shouldn't have been.

I do recall a Canadian receiver named Massotti that developed into an all star, and he too struggled as a young receiver. But he certainly didn't have the starting role handed to him like Watt did. There is plenty of time for Watt to develop If Watt has half the career that Massotti did then I will be thrilled.

Jamel Richardson dropped a lot more balls than Watt in his first go around in the league, and look at him now. Watt just turned 23, and if still baffles me how everyone on here has given up on him. He is going to be a big time player in this league. He has great speed and runs good routes. As Ravi mentioned, Fantuz didn't exactly tear it up as a first year starter either. He dropped a lot of balls.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8