PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Argo Memorabilia!

marcwagz
02-19-2012, 06:34 PM
I am thinking about getting my first piece of Argo gear but I don't know what to get.
The Argo toque looks really cool but the problem is I wouldn't be able to wear it to games.
The sideline cap is cool and cheap but I don't know a lot of people have hats.
Jerseys are expensive and I wouldn't want a plain jersey I want one with a name, more likely than not Boyd but maybe Ray although that would seem bandwagon like.

Anyways post pictures of your Argonaut gear!

Mulder
02-19-2012, 06:42 PM
All my hats and some CFL stuff as well.

Football in the middle is signed by the all the Argo team that played Oct 15th 2010, Day before my wedding.

http://www.argofans.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43&d=1329694833

Mulder
02-19-2012, 06:46 PM
Glasses from every Grey Cup I've been too

http://www.argofans.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44&d=1329695092

Area 51
02-19-2012, 06:57 PM
I am thinking about getting my first piece of Argo gear but I don't know what to get.
The Argo toque looks really cool but the problem is I wouldn't be able to wear it to games.
The sideline cap is cool and cheap but I don't know a lot of people have hats.
Jerseys are expensive and I wouldn't want a plain jersey I want one with a name, more likely than not Boyd but maybe Ray although that would seem bandwagon like.

Anyways post pictures of your Argonaut gear!

Blank replica jerseys were selling for around $100 at the stadium last year. Problem is, the numbers are triple sewn (three layers of colours) and cost pretty much the same price as the blank jersey to get sewn on. So if you're going to get a personalized jersey make sure it comes with the name & number already sewn on. Stay away from teh iron on numbering - - it looks cheap and will peel & bubble after a few washings.

I've never liked the fit of the "replica" jerseys so I went to the locker room sale last December looking for an authentic one. They had a ton of game used jerseys there. Prices for some are a bit high - - upwards of $300+ for a Boyd or Foley game worn jersey. But they also have quite a few from previous years of lesser known players for around $50. I didn`t like the cuts on the game jerseys but the practice jerseys were a great fit. Ended up getting a home and an away for $25 each. The numbers and lettering are single stitched so I`ll pull them off an it won`t cost too much to get a new name and number on them.

DanTheFan
02-19-2012, 08:07 PM
I don't have much in terms of Argos memorabilia except for my Argos t-shirt and a book. I also have a few CFL cards, including one autographed by Jason Pottinger (my dad knows his dad).

ArgoGabe22
02-19-2012, 10:00 PM
I'm going to go on a post frenzy when I have time. All I do is collect CFL stuff from jerseys, autograpghs, photos and so on.

BATKINSON001
02-20-2012, 01:17 AM
Here's what i got, had another hat that had OShea's & Copeland's autographs from the fan preview event back in Feb 2010, though i do not know where it went.

1argoholic
02-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Had plenty of stuff we culled before moving west. Kept some of the cooler stuff. Pinball bobble head, Pinball signed hat, jersey. John Candy signed Argo towel. Paul Pearson and Harold Hallman singed jersey's. My wife won a cool package of stuff at the Argo room at Grey Cup 04 in Ottawa. A game warn Bashir Levingston signed jersey. A ball that was picked off in a huge game that year and signed by whoever made the pick. Some other cool stuff like mini plastic helmets that dairy queen had in the 70's that ice cream came in. I have TO, BC, Mont,Ottawa, Win,and Cal. Collector beer cans from various Grey Cups as well as wine. Autographs and some cool old glasses from the 70's. Condredge Holloway little hand made figure game piece. I think you could have a collection and it wouldform a chess board or something. CNE Stadium seat that I sat in for about four years before the move to Skydome. Ok so I still have some stuff. Ask Lori Bursey? Over the top collection.
My wife has some cool Stamps stuff.

I forgot my old Argo and other CFL buttons. My Favorite is Dick Shatto. A picture of him in a cool football pose. More stuff I can't think of.

I should say that we love antiques so when we're out doing that we always look for cool older CFL stuff. I've got a cool 1970's pilsner beer glass with a painted on Sask logo. Also a cool empty Royal Charter Hudsen Bay Distillers Rye bottle from the 1989 Rider Grey Cup Champ team. It's in a pottery bottle with the wooden cork. CFL books, hotsauce, Coke, posters. Ok so we still have a ton of shite. Always looking for cool stuff no matter the team. The old swanky swigs as they called them from the 70's are cool. Basically logos painted on glass.

Area 51
02-20-2012, 02:18 PM
CNE Stadium seat that I sat in for about four years before the move to Skydome.

That's awesome! Did you get the actual seat that you had season tickets for or was it a random one? I remember when they were closing down the CNE and were selling off seats to the public. I went down and got two of the blue plastic ones. About a year later I came across a company that was selling a bunch of the metal ones. Ended up buying a dozen to set up a grandstand in my basement haha! Four sets of three attached seats...even managed to get them all in numerical order too.

Will
02-20-2012, 02:28 PM
Not Argo specific memorabilia, but I have a bunch of the old Canadian Football Newspapers that they used to print in the 1970's. They were given to me by my grandfather who was a big Ottawa Rough Riders fan. The earliest dates back to the early 1960's while the latest is from 1980. I assume the publication ceased operations after that or my grandfather unsubscribed.

1argoholic
02-20-2012, 04:31 PM
My seat was one of the blue plastic ones. Been a while obviously so I do remember serching high and low for the number and row because we had end seats. I'm 99% sure it's the two seats that my cousin and I sat in. He now has his in Winnipeg and mine on Van Isle. I hope to get it welding with legs like many did so it can be used.

ArgoGabe22
02-20-2012, 04:54 PM

For an Argo fan since 2004 I'm pretty pleased with the stuff I got. This is just the Argos portion of my collection, never knew I had this much and there's still more. I usually get autographs whenever I can. I refuse to pay for an autograph and I hate it when people on ebay try to make a quick buck. Pretty self explanatory who's who except one is Leo Cahill and tom Dublinski.

ArgoGabe22
02-20-2012, 05:00 PM

Dave Thelen, Jim Roundtree, Zeke O'Connor, Les Ascott, Cedric Minter, Ascot and Art Skidmore

ArgoGabe22
02-20-2012, 05:04 PM

Mud bowl team signed by 5, original photo of Joe Krol from 1945

ArgoGabe22
02-20-2012, 05:11 PM

I made those cards myself, players liked them and of course I gave them a copy to keep. Helmet isn't authentic found it at a garage sale for $1

ArgoGabe22
02-20-2012, 05:15 PM

I collect programs and I have a few Tiger-Cat vs Argos. Always looking for more lol

argofandave
02-20-2012, 10:54 PM
That Argo mini-helmet on the right was a Xmas gift to season ticket holders from about 15 years ago which, of course, I still have. I also bought one about 5 years ago at Goodwill in Burlington for $2-3.

1argoholic
02-20-2012, 11:50 PM
Too funny as my little helmet is sitting on the shelf behind me. It actually fits our smallest toy poodle. haha.They also sent letter openers one year. It's very cool when you can just stumble across CFl stuff. I found a Peter Dalla Riva picture button at an antique store in Vancouver when we first moved here. Then at the last Grey Cup in Regina me and Argoholic formerly General Of The Argoholics walked into a hotel bar late one night fir one last drink. Peter just happened to be sitting at a table with a few other ex CFLers. I walked over and pointed at thebuttom on my coveralls and asked if they recognized this gentleman. Peter didn't say much but he smiled. Later he invited me over for a drink and signed the button. Just a great CFL moment because I happened to have that button on my coveralls. It now hangs in our office.

Oh the stuff I have keeps coming back to me. I also have an old VHS tape with the opening to a CFL show and they panned up to the Skydome 500 level to show me gulping a beer and my sign was hanging over from the first row. It said CFL Catch The Fever. I also have framed pictures from times I made it into various papers.

argofandave
02-21-2012, 12:13 PM
I got Peter Dalla Riva's autograph about 20 years ago at a CFL alumni event at Ivor Wynne Stadium after the Hall of Fame game. Very humble man...he thanked me for wanting his autograph. Surprisingly, that year's HOF game was actually the Ticat pre-season game in June of that year (1992?). I think they did this to get a bigger crowd for the pre-season game.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8