PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Ray's salary

eiben35
02-19-2012, 10:35 PM
If I hear one more thing about Ricky Ray's salary I'm going to puke. He is making what 350,000 at most? That is what Jyles and Lemon made last year. We have lost Copeland's salary (130,000 approx), Eiben (130,000 approx), Murphy (150,000), Robertson (100,000), Parker (110,000) , Picard (100,000) , Shell (75,000), Lysack (60,000) that's about 800,000 bucks. Barker should get off his big arce and bring some better o-lineman into camp so that Ray is protected.:hmmmm:

KCargosfan
02-19-2012, 10:46 PM
Who would you suggest signing?

gilthethrill
02-20-2012, 08:01 AM
If I hear one more thing about Ricky Ray's salary I'm going to puke. He is making what 350,000 at most? That is what Jyles and Lemon made last year. We have lost Copeland's salary (130,000 approx), Eiben (130,000 approx), Murphy (150,000), Robertson (100,000), Parker (110,000) , Picard (100,000) , Shell (75,000), Lysack (60,000) that's about 800,000 bucks. Barker should get off his big arce and bring some better o-lineman into camp so that Ray is protected.:hmmmm:

As the o-line stands now, who do you have a problem with? I think the line is competent at the least. Add in a solid running game, that too will take pressure of Ricky Ray. Add in the fact I don't think this team will be in catch up mode all season will prevent the opposition from just pinning thier ears back.

eiben35
02-20-2012, 11:11 AM
I would suggest Jim Barker do the same thing that Jim Popp did when he drafted Andrew Woodcruff out of Boise State. He offered him a great rookie salary to forgo the NFL draft and sign with his team. I believe he signed a three-year deal with an option and now he is a great guard for them. If Barker didn't go so slowly on Cory Greenwood's contract he wouldn't be with the Kansas City Chiefs and he would ahve played the last two seasons in Toronto.

In response to who do I have a problem with. Marc Parenteau is not as good as Dominic Picard and I don't know how good Edawn Coughman is. The only stud we have on our o-line is Chris Van Zeyl. Bob McAdoo is a great o-line coach and he gets the most out of this very average line. Made me laugh when Cedric Gagne-Marcoux played tackle last year. Great job on the practice roster Barker. He didn't even have a guy to fill in when Van Zeyl went down.

1argoholic
02-20-2012, 11:56 AM
Does make one wonder where the money is going when he's cutting some big contracts. This year should tell us plenty about Barker and his abilities tp put a team together since the cuts have been deep. Should be interesting seeing plenty of new faces this year.

ArgoRavi
02-20-2012, 01:13 PM
In response to who do I have a problem with. Marc Parenteau is not as good as Dominic Picard and I don't know how good Edawn Coughman is. The only stud we have on our o-line is Chris Van Zeyl. Bob McAdoo is a great o-line coach and he gets the most out of this very average line. Made me laugh when Cedric Gagne-Marcoux played tackle last year. Great job on the practice roster Barker. He didn't even have a guy to fill in when Van Zeyl went down.

Which free agent offensive linemen are still out there that you would like to see Barker sign?

RoRoYoBoat
02-20-2012, 01:14 PM
Owens and Boyd are making big money.
Barnes wasn't cheap that ate some of the money as well
Jackson is around 150 to 200k
Trafalis was added
Jones signed a few guys on defense
Jyles 75k

It wasn't all Ray. There is still time to make a trade, Montreal has 10 NI linesmen and Milanovich would know if some have potential to play now or we can draft one.

there is still four months to go before camp, they can't do everything in a month.

Area 51
02-20-2012, 02:07 PM

Ughh, Marcoux having to start at OT - - thanks for the painful reminder of last year's circus act. Marcoux actually didn't do a bad job at OT, but in terms of personnel mismanagement that's right up there with the games they played a man short because there wasn't enough Canadians to dress. Not sure who takes credit for that screw up, Barker or Mike Hagen. Speaking of Hagen, maybe he's got a master plan to bring in a couple of import OLinemen. Preferrably players who haven't had multiple drug issues.

Sounds like you're pretty confident in Van Zeyl - - I feel the same way about Coughman. Might not be an all star this year, but Coughman can play. Really liked what I saw from him last year. I'm wondering if it wouldn't make more sense to try Marcoux at C and let Parenteau slide back over to G.

You're right on about McAdoo. Easily their best positional coach last year. He and O'Shea were the only two coaches that had a clue of what was going on. Did a great coaching job to get through all the injuries on the OLine. Adjust the scheme to fit the players, not the other way around - - yes Orlando, believe it or not it can be done!

paulwoods13
02-20-2012, 02:37 PM
I agree CGM should be moved to centre. One of Parenteau, Keeping, St. Pierre or Jones should be able to win the LG spot, leaving Eppele to play RG and VZ-Coughman at the two tackle spots. BTW it's Steve MacAdoo, not Bob MacAdoo (who was an NBA star a lifetime ago).

If Barker didn't go so slowly on Cory Greenwood's contract he wouldn't be with the Kansas City Chiefs and he would ahve played the last two seasons in Toronto.

That presupposes that Greenwood would have signed before fully canvassing his NFL optiions. I find that a bit hard to believe altho I spoze it's possible. Do you have any evidence that the only reason CG went to the NFL was because Barker was dragging his heels in offering a decent contract?

AngeloV
02-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Owens and Boyd are making big money.
Barnes wasn't cheap that ate some of the money as well
Jackson is around 150 to 200k
Trafalis was added
Jones signed a few guys on defense
Jyles 75k

It wasn't all Ray. There is still time to make a trade, Montreal has 10 NI linesmen and Milanovich would know if some have potential to play now or we can draft one.

there is still four months to go before camp, they can't do everything in a month.

Boyd is not making big money. At 95K he is the biggest bargain of any proven player in the league. I also doubt that Jackson is making 150-200k. I would say that Tafralis and Jackson combined will make 200k.

As for the 75k bonus Jyles received, the Argos had room under last years cap, and signed him at a time where it would count against last years cap, so it has nothing to do with what available cap space they now have.

OV Argo
02-20-2012, 03:52 PM
I agree CGM should be moved to centre. One of Parenteau, Keeping, St. Pierre or Jones should be able to win the LG spot, leaving Eppele to play RG and VZ-Coughman at the two tackle spots. BTW it's Steve MacAdoo, not Bob MacAdoo (who was an NBA star a lifetime ago).

St-Pierre is a natural C (DI all-star) with not that much actual CFL playing time; whereas CGM has played plenty as a starting guard in the CFL, though he was a C in US college ball too; and Parenteau is not a natural C (though he filled in a bit there for the Riders - apparently with some shot-gun snaps problems), but he has played OG lots in the CFL and is an experienced OT (DI all-star too) as well; Eppelle was an OT in US college ball and has just a few games actual CFL experience at OG and his frame/size seem much more OT suited).

The O-line coach may have lots to sort out or lots of options, but seems to me St-Pierre at C and CGM at OG make sense; and if Eppelle can beat out Parenteau at OG, I'd be very surprised - just based on the comparative experience alone; Eppelle could be moved back to compete at OT, and hopefully Holmes signs and they could compete with Coughman (again not that much CFL experience) at OT; Parenteau i guess could be tried there too as an option with Eppelle back at OG? And the Argos still hold #9 overall as a top draft pick - so they could use that pick to take a top-rated OG who could push for playing time right away (the Stamps won a GC a few years back with 2 rookie draft picks starting at OG); Keeping and Jones are there too and they have some CFL experience, but not sure either are accomplished enough O-Linemen to compete for starting jobs - maybe though - and if Holmes and a good draft pick from this year are in TC, not sure there would be room for either "project" type player (the Argos also have 5 draft picks from the later rounds this year - good players can be had there if scouting is not over-looking quality players - lots of examples of late round picks and even undrafted guys who went on to be very good CFL players - eg. Kyle Koch - a very good CFL interior O-Lineman who was undrafted after being a repeat CIS all-star - Argos scouts should not be missing players like that, especially in areas of real need for competition).

AngeloV
02-20-2012, 09:52 PM
600K on 3 QB's is a lot of money.

It is, but I think Montreal is around there on just 2 QB's. So as long as the recruiter's do a good job, I wouldn't worry. It still is the most important position in the game.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8